PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Emulator Now In Production!

Guyver
07-06-2003, 07:05 PM
As I was passing over Emulation64, I saw a post everyone in the emu community might be interested in. I won't say anymore, Just read :)

Redah States...
"You all probably were waiting for this... and guess what, it's here:
It's Pong, and it's for GameCube. But it's on PC. And it's not fake. It's not capable of running commercial games. And that's all you'll need to know. For now."
Gamecube has been tackled? The Next Generation of Emulation is now in full force? Only time will tell.

http://www.ngemu.com/gc/pics/pong_2.jpg herea pic of pong, not does not play comercail games

Busyman
07-06-2003, 07:23 PM
WTF are you talking about!!! Pong for GC but on the PC :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guyver
07-06-2003, 07:26 PM
its real man its a gc demo or some shit if u dont beleive me go to

www.ngemu.com/ <_<

Busyman
07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
I&#39;m not saying I don&#39;t believe you. I went to the site. I&#39;m saying that it doesn&#39;t make sense.

PONG FOR GC ON THE PC

where&#39;s pong for GC first of all?

Guyver
07-06-2003, 07:38 PM
ya i geuss thats pretty stupid lol, maybe that all it can play right now.....

ryanraab
07-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@7 July 2003 - 05:30
I&#39;m not saying I don&#39;t believe you. I went to the site. I&#39;m saying that it doesn&#39;t make sense.

PONG FOR GC ON THE PC

where&#39;s pong for GC first of all?
The pong game is probably a pong demo made for the gamecube to test the emulator on the pc not a real game you can buy&#33;

olibomb
07-06-2003, 07:43 PM
The gamecube emulator will never work. It might wen pigs fly tho :rolleyes:

Guyver
07-06-2003, 07:55 PM
ya i know and who wants a gc emu anyways? we already have a ps2 and xbox emu that are way farther along in production ;)

Storm-Boy
07-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Guyver2003

I wouldn&#39;t mind a GC emlulator. :)
The GC has some very addictive games but at the same time i&#39;d like a Xbox and PS2.
I&#39;d use all of them if i could and i&#39;d buy the games too just aslong as i didn&#39;t have to buy the actual unit.

Maybe that&#39;s something Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo should think about, cashing in on the pc people.
What i mean is why don&#39;t they create a programme sort of like Bleem and sell it, people might buy it and be able to play the games on there comps and depending on your comp with better graphics. I know if it existed i&#39;d buy it.

Food for thought boys. :D

Stormy
:)

Xilo
07-07-2003, 02:31 AM
There isn&#39;t enough proof this is an actual GC emulator that just plays demos or whatnot. Anyone with half a brain can make a pong game like that in Visual Basic. :ph34r:

slammy_dunken
07-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Xilo@6 July 2003 - 20:31
There isn&#39;t enough proof this is an actual GC emulator that just plays demos or whatnot. Anyone with half a brain can make a pong game like that in Visual Basic. :ph34r:
Dude, emulator creating won&#39;t work on commercial games just yet. They start out by testing demos and after the demos run fine they test the emulator with commercial games. I&#39;d like to see you try to make a GCN emulator, and try to run commercial games on your first build of the emulator.

And I don&#39;t think this emulator would work. Wasn&#39;t it stated that the GCN disk spins the opposite direction? How can the emulator get the disk to spin the other way?

Xilo
07-07-2003, 03:12 AM
No shit they have to start out with test games and crap before they can start testing it with commercial games. Whenever I program something, I usually start with small simple things to get the basic layout and functions. Then I add the more complicated or extra crap. I&#39;m not stupid. Besides, all the info they gave was it was a beginning emulator with a screenshot of pong. Unless that is either a real GC demo or they release screenshots of it running the BIOS, I still say it could be just some VB Pong.

Storm-Boy
07-07-2003, 03:50 AM
slammy_dunken

I don&#39;t know if it is as easy as making your cd-rom motor spining in reverse but if it is i have no doubt someone could come up with a cd mod to make that happen.
I have 3 spare cd players laying around i could mess with if any one think&#39;s that it&#39;s possible i&#39;ll try it.

About the pong thing, I remeber when the first Nintedno 64 Emulator came out it used the pong demo and look where it is now.
Most N64 emulators are better than the n64 hardware.
I think that pisses Nintendo off alot. :)

Stormy
:)

BritishICE
07-07-2003, 04:49 AM
It&#39;s clearly a fake. The Gamecube BIOS is built in such a way that it is virtually impossible to take it apart, let alone emulate the entire system. There have been so many claims on Gamecube Emulators and ripped Gamecube games that I thought people would have gotten used to it.

silverccrow
07-07-2003, 02:46 PM
The emulation make possible everithing dont be so stupid saying it is goin to be impossibe people a years ago say the same shit about n64 and playstatin and now we got a lot of perfect emulators out there &#33;&#33;

And the pong they got dosent exist is a test the programers have incluied to tell the people that is goin to work &#33; yeah yeah the fucking bios &#33; there is not suck a problem 4 people who work in the gamecube project there is alwas somone who wanna get popular by telling the secrets of consoles &#33; always

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks &#33; :huh:

Assultsniper
07-07-2003, 06:08 PM
It would be funny if there was a pong game like that out for gamecube :lol:

BritishICE
07-08-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 09:46
The emulation make possible everithing dont be so stupid saying it is goin to be impossibe people a years ago say the same shit about n64 and playstatin and now we got a lot of perfect emulators out there &#33;&#33;

And the pong they got dosent exist is a test the programers have incluied to tell the people that is goin to work &#33; yeah yeah the fucking bios &#33; there is not suck a problem 4 people who work in the gamecube project there is alwas somone who wanna get popular by telling the secrets of consoles &#33; always

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks &#33; :huh:
Clearly your use of grammar and spelling facilitates your knowledge of computer engineering. :D

CadeLaguana
07-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 15:46

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks &#33;&nbsp; :huh:
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Not to be rude bro but...I didn&#39;t understand a damn word you just said...

SolidWing68
07-08-2003, 06:44 PM
how can we believe thats a screenshot of pong for gc on pc..

slammy_dunken
07-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by silverccrow@7 July 2003 - 08:46

Relax maybe a few years and we will have some better graphics in gamecube games Nvidia Rocks &#33;&nbsp; :huh:
Translation:
In my opinion, there&#39;s going to be a GCN emulator, so shut the fuck up about this shit that making a GCN emulator is impossible&#33; Just wait a few years for one. And nVidia rocks&#33;