PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I Have A Stupid Newbie Question..

kac99
07-06-2003, 08:29 PM
i just downloaded a movie & want to transfer it to cd-r, on the computer is a cd burner but no dvd burner. what do i need to do next? if i get nero, will it convert the movie & burn it to cd-r ? is it a user friendly program?
does anyone have another program they prefer?

thanks in advance

k

[B][O][T]
07-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Nero is the best, and it's easy to use.

will it convert the movie

Do You want to burn the movie as a SVCD? Yes Nero can do that.
Or You could just burn the movie as a data cd.

BOT

kac99
07-06-2003, 08:44 PM
BOT

is there much difference between burning to svcd vs data cd?

k

[B][O][T]
07-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Do You have a DVD player that can play SVCD?
Where do You want to watch the movies? On Your computer?

BOT

kac99
07-06-2003, 09:03 PM
BOT

on the dvd player for the tv

k

[B][O][T]
07-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Then You should burn it as a SVCD (Super Video CD) or Video CD.

BOT

Tinny0001
07-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Careful, if it's a divx movie it might not work and converting from avi to mpeg(vcd format) takes time unless u have a very fast comp.

superdude
07-08-2003, 12:44 AM
heres what i understood about downloading movies, (im a noob yep)

1. download (its not duh, its were it all starts!)

2. the file, just take it to nero and choose vcd or svcd. (btw whats the diference between these 2? and my dvd player i dont think it reads any cd-r, but it reads dvd-r, wtf is going on here? also on the dvd screen thingy, u can slightly see how there are displays for mp3, vcd, and dvd. But i never use other than dvd originals and some burned. ussualy rentals.)

3. wait for the file to be burned.

oh yeah what if the file is .avi? and i got another problem. there are some other movie formats like asf and shit. i got a movie of those and it plays and u cant forward&#33; and tehres this really long comercial part and i want to forward, ive never really been patient enough to get it seen&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

i suppose, burn in lowest speed, i dont want any stupid buffer underruns, shit ive lost like 1000 cd&#39;s in that stuff.

and should i use a reg. cd-r or do i got to buy a special cd for video or such.

-sd-

ZLOsiris
07-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Ahh i appreciated ur question iam a noob when it comes to burning movies ..... still working on it .... my problem is fitting them on a disk...iam looking for a program that can split the movies into and burn them cdr ..... most newer dvd players play cdr.

THE DUDE
07-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ZLOsiris@8 July 2003 - 03:42
Ahh i appreciated ur question iam a noob when it comes to burning movies ..... still working on it .... my problem is fitting them on a disk...iam looking for a program that can split the movies into and burn them cdr ..... most newer dvd players play cdr.

oh yeah what if the file is .avi? and i got another problem. there are some other movie formats like asf and shit. i got a movie of those and it plays and u cant forward&#33; and tehres this really long comercial part and i want to forward, ive never really been patient enough to get it seen&#33;&#33;&#33;
I don&#39;t know if any one program will do all that.
but you could use TMPeng or M2EDIT Pro to cut (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/edit) the movie in half.
i use nero to burn (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/author) but there tons program that will do what you want.

Superdude

If the file is a different format other than MPEG-1(VCD) or MPEG-2(SVCD) u can get you need a program that converts (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert) the file format.

caffeineaddict
07-08-2003, 12:53 PM
to cut a movie in two, download Easy Video Splitter, it&#39;s the best one on the freakin&#39; planet.

juderobs
07-08-2003, 12:57 PM
If you have a good quality .avi you can directly burn it to a good quality vcd using Nero 5.5.9.0. All you need to do is uninstall all codecs and install kazaalite&#39;s codec package - before you burn and it works fine, no need for encoding etc, just straight .avi to vcd

Nero Hash

File:Nero 5.5.9.0 + Serial.exe (sig2dat:///|File:Nero 5.5.9.0 + Serial.exe|Length:12461608 Bytes,12170KB|UUHash:=Ok2nsAEArZZWAiDzdRw+HfmuYdM=|)
Length:12461608 Bytes,12170KB
UUHash:=Ok2nsAEArZZWAiDzdRw+HfmuYdM=

Kazaa Codecs Hash

File:klcodec203f.exe (sig2dat:///|File:klcodec203f.exe|Length:7798213 Bytes,7615KB|UUHash:=jqa38Yry4oFlSb2UjpkLl5q5Wz8=|)
Length:7798213 Bytes,7615KB
UUHash:=jqa38Yry4oFlSb2UjpkLl5q5Wz8=

toddiscool
07-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by caffeineaddict@8 July 2003 - 13:53
to cut a movie in two, download Easy Video Splitter, it&#39;s the best one on the freakin&#39; planet.
That program unsync&#39;s the audio.
there is a 1000 and 1 guides both on this forum and on the web for how to burn SVCD but for the benefit of those posting here is condensed version.

Split the movie file - to calculate length:quality us a bitrate calculater. Here (http://www.digvid.info/digitalvideo/bitrate_calc.php)

then use virtual DUb and select your start and end point (then select direct stream copy under video and audio)

After use TMPGEnc and encode it to SVCD - it will show how much space the video is gonna take on the CD, to adjust change the bitrate accordingly. Start encoding, go to bed.

Wake up, open nero, select SVCD drag and drop the file, burn.
Watch....