PDA

View Full Version : Funny, Racist or Neither.

manker
09-15-2007, 11:38 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4497/chickenyp7.jpg

Picture by someone else. Magenta text by me.

callum
09-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't really see anything racist about the use of magenta text and i'm not sure if you can take a racist picture,so i'll go for funny. X2 if you swap the kfc bucket for a microwave.

Biggles
09-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Is the guy in the white T just really pleased to see the chicken or is something more sinister going on? :whistling

Busyman™
09-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Racist text depending on who sees it coupled with who wrote it.

Funny pic.

If I showed that to certain friends of mine they'd ltao.

If some white guy showed it, they'd laugh but not out loud and then pop him in the eye.:mellow:

callum
09-16-2007, 01:21 AM

Funny pic.

If some white guy showed it, they'd laugh but not out loud and then pop him in the eye.:mellow:

Surely the magenta text makes a differance.

tesco
09-16-2007, 01:45 AM

Funny pic.

If some white guy showed it, they'd laugh but not out loud and then pop him in the eye.:mellow:Even if he didn't write it? :O

callum
09-16-2007, 01:47 AM
I think busy is saying if a black man did it, then it would be funny, but if a white man did it then it'd be racist.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 01:48 AM

Funny pic.

That's so racist! I hope if they ever pop a white guy in the eye the go to jail :P

/sarcasm

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I think busy is saying if a black man did it, then it would be funny, but if a white man did it then it'd be racist.

Yeah, that makes sense :ermm:

But hey, we're all equal, right? :wacko:

MediaSlayer
09-16-2007, 01:49 AM
begs the question, how much reverse racism is tolerable?

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 01:50 AM

All of it aparently

(you're a racist if you diagree)

MediaSlayer
09-16-2007, 01:50 AM
but doesn't the reverse racism cause more racism? :blink:

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 01:52 AM
but doesn't the reverse racism cause more racism? :blink:

Yes it does.

SgtMajor
09-16-2007, 01:54 AM

Yeah, that makes sense :ermm:

But hey, we're all equal, right? :wacko:

Some more equal than others, apparently, quickly phones Buck Palace to ask for a statement on this thread, Prince Philip - what say ye?

WarrenBuffet
09-16-2007, 02:08 AM
This is the "lounge" version of the thread Skizo started in the drawing room about racism.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 02:10 AM
This is the "lounge" version of the thread Skizo started in the drawing room about racism.

Yeah, if you turn your head to one side, blink your left eye and twitch every few seconds, it looks EXACTLY like that other one! :whistling

Busyman™
09-16-2007, 02:40 AM

There's no such thing as reverse racism.:dry:

Something is either considered racist or not.

That is in the eye of the beholder.

I still find it fascinating that many "don't get it".

Not to sound racist but it's usually a white person that "doesn't get it" in my experience.

It's probably due to the white race being on top of the "racism pecking order" for the longest.

I do tire of folk trying to logic shit like, "He called him a nigger so I can do it to" and shit like that. You can do it, of course. Just be surprised if you get popped in the eye.

It's quite simple really.

Maybe I can call that guy's wife a bitch like he does too or call their stupid retard brother a stupid retard.:shifty:

MediaSlayer
09-16-2007, 02:47 AM

Not to sound racist but it's usually a white person that "doesn't get it" in my experience.

interesting....

so even the thought of "reverse racism" is racist because it assumes white dominance?

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 02:48 AM

It's probably due to the white race being on top of the "racism pecking order" for the longest.

I do tire of folk trying to logic shit like, "He called him a nigger so I can do it to" and shit like that. You can do it, of course. Just be surprised if you get popped in the eye.

It's quite simple really.

Maybe I can call that guy's wife a bitch like he does too or call their stupid retard brother a stupid retard.:shifty:

I see, you really don't get it.

BawA
09-16-2007, 02:58 AM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4497/chickenyp7.jpg
old guy looks like owner of KFC(pic on the box)
ohh btw wth is the guy on left side doing, he looks like his bringing out his johnson

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 03:01 AM
old guy looks like owner of KFC(pic on the box)
ohh btw wth is the guy on left side doing, he looks like his bringing out his johnson

Great observation :blink:

j2k4
09-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Back OT, I can say without compunction that the proper response to manker's question is not "neither".

Beyond that, the only way it could be funnier or more racist would be if that old fella was toting a watermelon under the other arm.

My (totally objective) opinion. :whistling

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Back OT, I can say without compunction that the proper response to manker's question is not "neither".

Beyond that, the only way it could be funnier or more racist would be if that old fella was toting a watermelon under the other arm.

My (totally objective) opinion. :whistling

I concur :whistling

Brenya
09-16-2007, 03:10 AM
You are being too literal:
Regular racism is the product of one race claiming their superiority over another race, while reverse racism is the product of one race retaliating against another race because of it past claims of superiority.

This has not only happened in the United States; it has also happened in Rwanda, with the Tutsis being subordinated by the Hutu's in the Rwandan Genocide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide). Granted, they were still of one race (African), however there were very visible genetic differences between the two ethnic groups.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 03:15 AM

Is there a retarded Rev Al for that?... Oh wait..... Nevermind :P

metal maniac
09-16-2007, 03:23 AM
That's what I don't get people can call people retards until their face turns blue and women bitches and ho's but as soon as you use the word nigger! The world stops! WTF! Don't you think a retarded person would take an insult alot worse then a black person or should at least! That's just my opinion and if you don't like it! I really don't care!

j2k4
09-16-2007, 03:24 AM

Isn't Al himself addled?

I've always thought so...:whistling

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 03:29 AM

Isn't Al himself addled?

errrm, I think my point was..... errrm .... missed :ermm:

j2k4
09-16-2007, 03:36 AM
Isn't Al himself addled?

errrm, I think my point was..... errrm .... missed :ermm:

Take careful aim and try again...I only have another few minutes before I turn in.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Nah. I'm a bit sleepy myself

peat moss
09-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Ah its a fine line , I find it funny but its the stereotype that people have a problem with . Example put a watermelon with two honkies chasing a black guy and its not as funny .

akshunj
09-16-2007, 04:45 AM
That's what I don't get people can call people retards until their face turns blue and women bitches and ho's but as soon as you use the word nigger! The world stops! WTF! Don't you think a retarded person would take an insult alot worse then a black person or should at least! That's just my opinion and if you don't like it! I really don't care!

Wow, the anonymity of the internet is like a cloak of courage to you guys. You put it over yourself, and all of a sudden you can post racist pictures and start hurling the word "nigger" around. And the more intellectual among you get a chance to wax philosophical about the nature of reverse-racism and the insidious nature of hip-hop culture. I wonder if this thread would have even begun if your full real names and locations were attached to your post.

Hmmm, I think I can recall another group of people the behave in a similar fashion. Only they wear *actual* cloaks...

And then I ask myself, why did I even bother to reply to this thread as all I will get is more of the same? It was as if I was expecting to have an intelligent conversation...

So......flame away

metal maniac
09-16-2007, 05:50 AM

Wow, the anonymity of the internet is like a cloak of courage to you guys. You put it over yourself, and all of a sudden you can post racist pictures and start hurling the word "nigger" around. And the more intellectual among you get a chance to wax philosophical about the nature of reverse-racism and the insidious nature of hip-hop culture. I wonder if this thread would have even begun if your full real names and locations were attached to your post.

Hmmm, I think I can recall another group of people the behave in a similar fashion. Only they wear *actual* cloaks...

And then I ask myself, why did I even bother to reply to this thread as all I will get is more of the same? It was as if I was expecting to have an intelligent conversation...

So......flame away

That's exactly my point! You can call people retards! Women Ho's and whores but if you say nigger then all hell breaks loose! Oh, Lets kill him cause he said nigger! Gee so who's more sensitive then I wonder! Either it's all or none! Everyone is equally able to be offended or no one!Why should someone who's of a different color be in the clear but a mentally challenged person isnt! Once again "I call BULLSHIT!!!

peat moss
09-16-2007, 06:03 AM

Try not to judge too harshly as its the lounge , the pecker wood forum is still open .

So......flame away

Try not to judge too harshly as it is the lounge .

Mr. Mulder
09-16-2007, 09:45 AM
http://i1.tinypic.com/s3d5y8.jpg

Agrajag
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
The picture, in and of itself isn't racist, the reaction of the viewer is what woulld define racism. If they saw an old man being mugged by two young men then what's racist about that. If they saw two black men trying to steal fried chicken then they would be reacting to stereotypes and racism would have to be considered.

That of course changes when the text is added, it adds the stereotypes, without the viewer having to see them for themselves. The final product is racist, what remains is whether the viewer choses to accept the stereotypes or to reject them for their racism.

Oh and it's not funny. An old man in what looks like a violent conflict with two considerably younger men is not a funny situation. Adding racist text doesn't change that.

"Col Sanders scores the winning touchdown in the annual KFC football match" may have made it funny, that's just a matter of taste tho'.

manker
09-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I reckon my text was funnier.

That is because I find lots of stereotypes funny. As you say, a matter of taste.

I recently* found out that in America, there exists a stereotype that black people eat nothing but fried chicken and water-melons. It amuses me much like the poll findings that 10% of Americans think ice-cream is the work of the devil. People doing stupid things and thinking stupid stuff makes me laugh.

Doesn't have to be the USA, I found it funny last year that Mourinho appeared to believe that it was impossible to get educated on the Portugese island of Madeira. Lots of Portugese people think that way, apparently :blink:

Anyway, of course the picture isn't racist. It could only be the picture in conjunction with my words that would be racist.

I wondered if my use of the word 'niggaz' would be worse than the black folk trying to steal the fried chicken from the white guy.
I think most people feel it was :idunno:

* no rod.

Agrajag
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I find stereotypes funny as well. However that doesn't mean they are all fair game for humour. That's Bernard Manning thinking. (Jim Davidson, for the younger element)

Bearing in mind I will happily post anti-hun humour, so I'm not claiming any moral high ground here.

Just saying like.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I find stereotypes funny as well. However that doesn't mean they are all fair game for humour. That's Bernard Manning thinking. (Jim Davidson, for the younger element)

Bearing in mind I will happily post anti-hun humour, so I'm not claiming any moral high ground here.

Just saying like.

Jim Davidson for the "younger crowd".... that would cover the 40-60 y/o... what are you, 100? :P

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM

So......flame away

Wow! This is the internet. Take a Xanax! Isn't there a march or something today?

Sextent
09-16-2007, 01:00 PM

Just saying like.

Jim Davidson for the "younger crowd".... that would cover the 40-60 y/o... what are you, 100? :P

I was more meaning that they were likely to be familiar with him, what with his recent publicity on a "reality" tv show. As opposed to Bernard Manning who is as dead as fuck and hasn't appeared on tv for like ages and ages.

Allygemz
09-16-2007, 01:04 PM

I was more meaning that they were likely to be familiar with him, what with his recent publicity on a "reality" tv show. As opposed to Bernard Manning who is as dead as fuck and hasn't appeared on tv for like ages and ages.

Yeah, I figured. Still..... :P

weenden
09-16-2007, 02:39 PM
what's you's mean's

scribble
09-16-2007, 02:41 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../synapse_kt8c/misc/navbits_finallink_ltr.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-funny-racist-neither-230534/page5) Funny, Racist or Neither.

Both.

Mr. Mulder
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
so that pics racist? i thought those guys were just chasing that man because they were hungry? But now that you mention it, they are of a different colour!? :o

weenden
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
thanks was what i was looking to accomplished

WarrenBuffet
09-17-2007, 12:57 AM
this threads gone off topic lolz

lovewalrus
09-17-2007, 07:36 PM
clearly it is humor based on racial stereotyping.... funny, sometimes inappropriate and entirely legal....

wait a minute... why the fcuk are we debating this drivel..?

Biggles
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/s3d5y8.jpg

Good point well presented.

It is nice to see a bit of debate in the lounge though :)

It was stereotyping that was funny btw.

snowultra
09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
lol, that must be in africa somewhere. where im sure they dont even know what kfc is

Mr JP Fugley
09-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh good, real racism. That's the ticket.

lovewalrus
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
lol, that must be in africa somewhere. where im sure they dont even know what kfc is

hahahahaha, i mean lol :happy: