PDA

View Full Version : chewie... (Or any mod/admin)

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry, this is the only way for me to talk to you right now. Can you please remove the last warning you gave me? I know you hate me and you have something against me, but i really like this community. :cry:

Please just take one warning point back :cry:

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
what reason did they give for the warning?? anything??? (sorry for being nosy)

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah well the last warning i got was here:

Invite Spam - Read http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=215807
i can't read that thread though :(
I know he hates me, i just don't know why :(

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
probally for spam..... they've been trying to enforce that rule some lately...... although i think they are being very selective with it..

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
wait, what is that thread about and stuff?

JaZZ2007
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
don't you think that if they do what you ask, every user which receives a warning will start to open this kind of thread hoping that their warning will be removed? and btw, if they gave u an warning i think you deserved it

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
don't you think that if they do what you ask, every user which receives a warning will start to open this kind of thread hoping that their warning will be removed? and btw, if they gave u an warning i think you deserved it

altough i agree with ya jazz2007, but how do you actually know he deserves it??? could have been a misunderstanding or by mistake...... thinks happen ya know :frusty:.

Presto
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I hope you aren't surprised. You trolled way too much for past few days, wanted to point it out myself, but skipped it.

Btw. post-count 666.

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
well i got 3 warnings in a day from him... I'm starting to think he was trying to specifically find posts that i made, and find something wrong with it :(

InTooDeep
09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
well i got 3 warnings in a day from him... I'm starting to think he was trying to specifically find posts that i made, and find something wrong with it :(

Dude, stop whining. If you would think it all over, you'd realize that this wasn't the solution...It's a personal issue, I reckon, so why don't ya keep it private ?

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:33 PM
because i can't pm him!!

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:35 PM

well, i was just lookin thru some of your last posts..... and i dun really see what is warranting a warning(not ban... sorry :O)... or several for that matter...especially in one day.... but, thats just my opinion.. :whistling

InTooDeep
09-16-2007, 01:35 PM
All you can do right now is just wait for him, don't push it.. ;)

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok, thanks guys :)

Well i looked into what invite spam is:
Because of the high activity in the BT Invites section, any post that is off topic or content-less (Such as 'Good Luck', 'Thanks', 'PMed', etc.) will be considered Spam. It will be deleted and an infraction will be given.

I think the infraction i got was because i said "Good job on getting FSC SAM!!!!!"
and that's considered invite spam, but i don't get why a cheerful comment like that would get a warning (but it may not be that comment).

anyway, i've seen ton's of posts with "Good luck", "pmed" and "thanks", why do those posts never get an infraction?

JaZZ2007
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
@jasper look at this thread : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-i-am-good-mood-give-these-away-230547
i think he ''collected'' 1 warning for beeing rude and spaming for no reason. if that user made his own rules for the giveaway i think he was in no position to request a change of rules. when he will make his own giveaway he will make his own rules. don't u agree?

InTooDeep
09-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok, thanks guys :)

Well i looked into what invite spam is:
Because of the high activity in the BT Invites section, any post that is off topic or content-less (Such as 'Good Luck', 'Thanks', 'PMed', etc.) will be considered Spam. It will be deleted and an infraction will be given.

I think the infraction i got was because i said "Good job on getting FSC SAM!!!!!"
and that's considered invite spam, but i don't get why a cheerful comment like that would get a warning (but it may not be that comment).

anyway, i've seen ton's of posts with "Good luck", "pmed" and "thanks", why do those posts never get an infraction?

Probably cause chewie is not always around ?:ermm:

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh it's the giveaway?

Yeah then it's cause i showed my congratulations to SAM (a very good member here and i don't know why he would see that as spam :( )

It's just not fair. JaZZ2007 have you ever said "congrats" "thanks" or "good luck"? and been warned for that?!

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:41 PM
@jasper look at this thread : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-i-am-good-mood-give-these-away-230547
i think he ''collected'' 1 warning for beeing rude and spaming for no reason. if that user made his own rules for the giveaway i think he was in no position to request a change of rules. when he will make his own giveaway he will make his own rules. don't u agree?

yeah, i have no choice but to agree with that... and i also thought the guy was being a **S about it also..... but those are my thoughts...

beat
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Let's cut this crap. You violated the rules you got warned, live with it.

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh it's the giveaway?

Yeah then it's cause i showed my congratulations to SAM (a very good member here and i don't know why he would see that as spam :( )

It's just not fair. JaZZ2007 have you ever said "congrats" "thanks" or "good luck"? and been warned for that?!

yeah, you kinda were being pushy on that one m8.... but 3 warnings for it...... a bit much too soon i think.... but, its not my site.. :noes:

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
well... i need to pm him or something...... I think i'll make a new account

InTooDeep
09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Let's cut this crap. You violated the rules you got warned, live with it.

WORD ! :D

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:46 PM

scribs m8... only thing ya can do is ride it out.. the infractions will go away.... and i don't suggest opening another account .. that would most likely = BAN ...

Kirstein
09-16-2007, 01:47 PM

It's not allowed to have multiple accounts, so I wouldn't do that if I were you, just wait it out, and you'll be fine :)

Damn jasperr, you beat me to it:)

JaZZ2007
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM

Rule 13 - Banning/Moderation If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating or logging into another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.

don't make a new account and wait for the warning to expire

jasperr
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Damn jasperr, you beat me to it:)

hehe .... sorry :whistling

scribble
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
ok thanks for the tips guys.

tralalala
09-16-2007, 01:52 PM
You violated the rules, you got a warning. You got a couple for hostile posting.. Watch your language. Simply bite your lip and live with it.. Learn your lesson. Can you imagine if every person who got a warning would open a thread whining about it?! We'd have hundreds of pointless threads round here.

Warnings are given for a reason, and Chewie is a veteran mod... On top of all this - Posts like "pmed, thanks, gl" etc. are deleted and their posters' warned, but we can't spot them all, and that's where the report section comes in.

And another thing - Don't open another account, you'll get banned, and you don't want that.

Case closed.