PDA

View Full Version : could FST ever get closed down or have to monitor peoples isps?

djkemp1
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
just wondered if this site could get closed down for hosting nzbs etc as i know with one of the torrent sites that the government ordered that they monitor all isp addresses accesing the site.

manker
09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
the government ordered that they monitor all isp addresses accesing the site.FST are doing that now. Have been for months.

Hope you don't have any illegal downloads on your PC - like films or music. If so, you'd better format your HD and then burn it with fire.

Actually you'd better just set fire to your whole computer. The government are bastards.

Cheese
09-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Why would organisations like the RIAA, MPAA and their equivalents in other countries want to shut down a site that is so useful in getting torrent invites to the latest private tracker?

Chip Monk
09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Why would organisations like the RIAA, MPAA and their equivalents in other countries want to shut down a site that is so useful in getting torrent invites to the latest private tracker?

Yeah, like that could ever happen. You'll be telling me next they could put viruses into files and then seed them using super computers that gave everyone a really fast download. Spreading the virus amongst everyone who accessed that file.

It's fantasy man, pure fantasy.

Barbarossa
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
just wondered if this site could get closed down for hosting nzbs etc as i know with one of the torrent sites that the government ordered that they monitor all isp addresses accesing the site.

No. Conceivably the NZB section could get closed down, but not FST.

djkemp1
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
FST are doing that now. Have been for months.

Hope you don't have any illegal downloads on your PC - like films or music. If so, you'd better format your HD and then burn it with fire.

Actually you'd better just set fire to your whole computer. The government are bastards.

is he joking or is this true, do they have to monitor it now? so what would happen to people that download these nzbs off the site if they are tracking people that visit it???

do they have to monitor it now

sorry meant are they monitoring it now?

Wizard Scuff
09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
They don't have any option, mate.

djkemp1
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
so these logs they keep what do they do, do they have to hand them over to governments etc. so just looking at this site then whats the worst that could happen?

should they not put a privacy statement to say they have to log things?

Mr JP Fugley
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Why, everyone has to do it nowadays.

djkemp1
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
really i never knew that. what do they have to keep the logs for?

would they or could they prosecute people then that say download a nzb from the site etc or donkey link?

thanks for the help

Anubis666
09-17-2007, 08:58 PM
did yall hear about the MediaDefender info being leaked??

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070916-leaked-media-defender-e-mails-reveal-secret-government-project.html

lynx
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
We just give them manker's IP every time.

So nobody needs to worry, except manker, and he just takes it out on the sheep.

thewizeard
09-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Such a question reminds me of someone who visited my shop late one dark autumn afternoon, and asked me if I had a burglar alarm installed....

Konsignacija
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Such a question reminds me of someone who visited my shop late one dark autumn afternoon, and asked me if I had a burglar alarm installed....

:lol:

djkemp1
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
so what does happen then as like i said earlier there is nzb sections etc, if the government wanted to obviosuly they could close those sections down. but could they prosecute the individuals that download off of them, as if so don't think i would ever do it.

fridash
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
media defender can go sit on a nail

DV8type
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
:lol:

marksman
09-29-2007, 12:16 AM

hell yeah..sometimes ppl are weird right..

jrich
09-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Thats a big step going from sites that share to sites that just discuss. Even making a statement as such means that too many people are accepting of what is going on when actually there should be absolutely no interference from any organization or govt.. Accept nothing and question all.

djkemp1
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Thats a big step going from sites that share to sites that just discuss. Even making a statement as such means that too many people are accepting of what is going on when actually there should be absolutely no interference from any organization or govt.. Accept nothing and question all.

sorry what does this mean?

Something Else
09-30-2007, 10:39 PM
what goes up might come down?

patto75
10-10-2007, 04:46 AM
what goes up might come down?

I hope not.