PDA

View Full Version : How to limit Up speed while maintaining Down speed in utorrent?

shishio64
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM
hi
im using utorrent for quite a while now and i still can't figure out how to limit the upload speed for certain torrents without limiting the download speed. whenever i limit the upload speed by right clicking the torrent, choosing bandwidth allocation and setting the upload speed to the desired value, my download speed seems to be directly affected by it...
is there any way to limit the upload speed while maintaining download speed in utorrent?

Thanks!

Cmon
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Bandwidth allocation won't matter as far as I know, kinda useless option for me

seanbee
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
What I do is to set my global upload speed to a low amount in preferences --> connection and check the alternate upload rate when not downloading to 0 (for unlimited), this will basically limit your upload speed when downloading but raises the number when you are only seeding.

seh
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07381/123321.JPG
Bandwidth allocation works perfect for me ( utorrent 1.6.1)

shishio64
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
What I do is to set my global upload speed to a low amount in preferences --> connection and check the alternate upload rate when not downloading to 0 (for unlimited), this will basically limit your upload speed when downloading but raises the number when you are only seeding.

thats helpful, but what im trying to do is limit one torrent's upload speed (while it downloads) so another torrent could get the extra upload speed without compromising the down speed of the first torrent.

SiNa
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
right click the torrent and then properties. there you can manually enter the download and/or upload limit

seanbee
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
right click the torrent and then properties. there you can manually enter the download and/or upload limit

Exactly........... and u will need to remember to edit back the settings to an appropriate amount when the file has finished downloading.

shishio64
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Thanks it seems to work, but isnt it the same thing as right clicking on a torrent and choosing bandwidth allocation?

SiNa
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks it seems to work, but isnt it the same thing as right clicking on a torrent and choosing bandwidth allocation?

first of all its easier, 2nd of all you can do it manually by entering any number you like

shishio64
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
yeah, but its the same concept...
why should it give different results?

Melvinmeow
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Just set the TOTAL outgoing speed to approx 80% of your total outgoing speed and you should be fine overall.

For specific torrents there are individual settings for each torrent you can adjust to your liking.

AugustoP
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
hi
im using utorrent for quite a while now and i still can't figure out how to limit the upload speed for certain torrents without limiting the download speed. whenever i limit the upload speed by right clicking the torrent, choosing bandwidth allocation and setting the upload speed to the desired value, my download speed seems to be directly affected by it...
is there any way to limit the upload speed while maintaining download speed in utorrent?

Thanks!

It's the way bittorrent works - the faster you upload, the faster you download.

zzzMonster
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
how do i upload more than i download (btmusic upload woes) ?

kelly338825
09-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Many things also factor in even if you specify the ul speed, such as the number of seeds and peers.How many other torrents your currently seeding.And if you do change the setting of an ul or dl speed on an individual torrent to compensate for the speed of another, its easy to forget .Be sure to remember when the other torrent is finished make sure to go back and fix your settings.