PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to find Classic Movie (1930s - 1960s)

Huck
09-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Hey guys, I have been digging around trying to find all these classic movie.

But apparently it seems that there aren't any good site that feature specially these type of movie.

I kinda got my hands on few of them on mininova or piratespace, but thats about it

Anyone got good recommendation for site?

Thanks ahead

briand5379
09-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Have you tried cinematik.net?

milfner
09-18-2007, 03:01 AM
karagarga.net specializes in this stuff

Huck
09-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh let me take a look

Thanks ahead :D

blackbird
09-18-2007, 03:27 AM
public trackers and demonoid .. ! it will be slow but you will get your stuff :)

Huck
09-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Actually Karagara doesn't seem to have public access?

It seems you need to register somewhere but I can't seem to find the register page :huh:.

As for Demonoid, it is closed for registration :( I tried digging up invitation code, but seems like there is tons of people looking for one.

G-Force
09-18-2007, 04:42 AM
invite code sent!

Huck
09-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Hey thanks guys!

mainly I am trying to find movie by Olivia De Havilland

and I manage to dig out 6 more tonight.

Really appreciate everyone's help

Cheers :yup:

Tokeman
09-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Probably not what you are looking for, but I saw yesterday that a LOT of classic old movies are being uploaded to rapidshare, and I mean way more then i've seen anywhere before. There are many sites to search rapidshare stuff. Most of the titles I was browsing were like 1930-1970, all available, and free if your willing to deal with the dowload restriction (like 200 minutes between dl's per IP), or buy/trade for a premium rapidshare account for unlimited dl's with no wait.

I was never big on rapidshare, but the selection is surpassing even the best of torrent sites in terms of older content.

ADELA
09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
huck pm me ur email

Huck
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
with regard to Trad3r's response

I thought you can't search through rapidshare for file?

ADELA
09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
huck pm me ur email

:whistling

Tokeman
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
well heres one place that has some lists:
http://www.shareme.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=48103997b66a4c694a0540c04a1186ba
and heres a search page for rapidshare:
http://www.filez.com/

so it apears some people are working hard at putting together an index/search for rapidshare

Huck
09-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks man, I take a look :D

Panther
09-18-2007, 10:50 PM
you need a invite to KG definately... that the place for the kind of movies you are looking for...

Huck
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey thanks ADELA!

I check that out :D

Panther
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
dont know if Adela hooked you up wit kg but if he didnt, feel free too pm me...

ADELA
09-19-2007, 12:39 AM

SHE did

Melvinmeow
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
If the movies your looking for are in english and you cant find them anywhere else send me a pm with a few of the names of the films and I can have a look.

I look for specific titles though not by year ect..

Huck
09-26-2007, 04:02 AM
As Sad as it is, I am actually bringing this post back from the bottom of the cliff.

Reason being:
a) Cinematik didn't work out at all... well lets just say they don't have the movie I wanted.

b) KG being the best selection out there, the ratio system eats me alive because my ISP limits my upload speed to 10kb. Basically I tried everything to bring my ratio up, but I watch this guy coming into my seeded movie and walked away due to my horrible 4-5 kb upload rate

c) Demonoid is down as many knows... so there goes another one.......

Once again.... suggestion would be appreciated :cry:

Adster
09-26-2007, 04:25 AM
this is what im looking for as well and DVDrs is what I want.. now that Demonoid is down its gonna be hard to find places

anyway you can invite me there?? hehe

does it have DVDrs ?? or just avis?

Presto
09-26-2007, 04:31 AM
Must be KG, need to get there myself. ^^

kaoblanco
09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
does it have DVDrs ?? or just avis?
Both.

400-some active DVDRs, starting from 1880 (seriously), with just under 12K (movie) torrents total.

PraYa
09-26-2007, 09:20 AM
www.Zamunda.net

Huck
09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Seriously, I don't mind the upload. But what can I really do when the stupid ISP does traffic shape and cap me with 10kb upload ~_~.

I was so fustrated to see that guy walk away while I was uploading 4-7kb for him. Cause I know if I were him I would do the same thing as well....

Though I will check out the link that PraYa suggested.

Huck
09-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Eh Zamunda seems to be in some middle east language ~_~.

Anyone have other good suggestion?

rocknrule
09-27-2007, 04:00 AM
kg and cinema-obscura for old movie.

kaoblanco
09-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Eh Zamunda seems to be in some middle east language ~_~.

Anyone have other good suggestion?
Bulgarian (I don't know of many Middle Eastern languages that use Cryllic ;)).

Just click the British flag icon in the upper left corner (or use the My Profile page) to change the default display language to English. :)

Though, since you think Karagarga isn't up your alley, should we assume that private trackers are not what you're looking for in terms of suggestions.

Parag0n
09-27-2007, 04:24 AM
I like Cinematik but you mentioned they didn't have what you were looking for. I suppose they are more geared toward art films and foreign films rather than the classic Hollywood studio era that you seem to be after. Why Olivia de Havilland if I may ask? I never found her the most fetching leading lady. I'm more of a Barbara Stanwyck man myself. Anyway what does the selection at KG look like? More in keeping with your tastes? Any chance you could hook me up?

Huck
09-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Kaoblanco: My mistake, rather ignorant in terms of that. Well I tried it but the problem is say if I search up a torrent, it still give me Bulgarian in description again !

I love Karagarga but like I have said many time, my upload cap with 10 kb is eatting me alive with the ratio upkeep. I can download fast like 200-400kb no problem, but my ISP just hates people with upload and therefore kept it with traffic shaping.

Paragon: Personally I don't know, I just found her attractive, but you are right KG is great in terms of selection cause the actual idea of it is small and therefore they have rare stuff. Since it is run by ratio system, everyone will be more than glad to reseed you for the upload ratio. I would love to hook you up, but I can't even send out invite at this moment. Though I am pretty sure there are tons of people here on this forum that has invite to that site.

kaoblanco
09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Ah, indeed. No way to get around member-posted content.. too bad, but I'll bet you'll find a great selection of films w/o hassling to read the description. Most (well, many) of the videos there are vanillia divx/xvid rips with Bulgarian SRT (subtitle) files. You can enjoy those just fine (just don't load the subs). :)

I didn't mean to put you to the point over your upspeed, but rather meant to ask if you'd prefer non-private trackers/sites that you can get away with a terrible ratio at (like Demonoid was/is, though "private"). I forgot to include a question mark though... sorry 'bout that.

pro267
09-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Kaoblanco: My mistake, rather ignorant in terms of that. Well I tried it but the problem is say if I search up a torrent, it still give me Bulgarian in description again !

I love Karagarga but like I have said many time, my upload cap with 10 kb is eatting me alive with the ratio upkeep. I can download fast like 200-400kb no problem, but my ISP just hates people with upload and therefore kept it with traffic shaping.

KG has a generous bonus system for people who keep seeding the torrents after leeching, so you should be able to get a good ratio if you keep seeding.

Also, cinema-obscura is a great site for classics, and if I remember correctly, the ratio requirements are > 0.1.
PM me if you need help joining.

Parag0n
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
I would love to hook you up, but I can't even send out invite at this moment.
Thanks anyway for that. Good luck with your search.

Though I am pretty sure there are tons of people here on this forum that has invite to that site.I hope you are right. There are many members who seem to be helpful and generous, but maybe I am still considered too new to be trusted yet.

Huck
09-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Kaoblanco: No worry man; so I suppose if I can dig up the movie, most likely it would be English dub with Bulgarian sub? if so I will definitely take a look again when I get home tonight.

pro267: I have been told many time on KG forum and even the IRC chat that their upload and ratio keeping is rather low as compare to many other site. Though the problem is that usually you are require to download something thats totally irrelevant and use it to help on upload ratio (because the site stated that anyone below 3 gig upload margin upload their own torrent). In addition my problem still presist even with irreleveant download because of the upload cap from my ISP.

I am at work now and I kept my computer on for the day to see how many upload I can squeeze for the day. During the course of last night, even with someone jumping on the seed that *only* I was seeding, I can only manage to get around 60 MB of upload... which is simply pathetic consider that anything you can download with someone's leaching desire is roughly > 500 MB.......

ADELA
09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
pm me

kaoblanco
09-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Kaoblanco: No worry man; so I suppose if I can dig up the movie, most likely it would be English dub with Bulgarian sub?
Well, movies produced in English peaking countries wouldn't be dubbed, they'd have their original English language track. I suppose that's what you mean, though.

pro267: I have been told many time on KG forum and even the IRC chat that their upload and ratio keeping is rather low as compare to many other site. Though the problem is that usually you are require to download something thats totally irrelevant and use it to help on upload ratio (because the site stated that anyone below 3 gig upload margin upload their own torrent).
Well, KG's okay in that respect but not as lenient as one might think.

Granted, the ratio reqs are low at first (during your first 25 gigs) with only 0.2 needed. But that's the same as Oink and many others. Once you get to using the site alot, they require a 0.7 ratio as compared to a 0.5 ratio on say BitMeTV or TL.

Mind you, KG's policies are very reasonable. But I'd not consider their ratio reqs low compared to others (though there are indeed trackers with higher reqs, like RevTT at 0.8).

Huck
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Well I just find it really problematic by the fact that you cannot upload anything you have if you don't have a 3 gig upload ~_~.

Mind I just manage to get pass the probation of 0.1 margin last nite by seeding this movie that was posted recently........ I was lucky cause the whole download group was not fast and therefore it gives me more than enough time to upload for that torrent.......