PDA

View Full Version : google

solaris
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
when a torrent is searched on google it search returns results from public torrent sites ,but it never contains results from private torrent sites why is that can somebody explain.........?

SaveFerris
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Because Google doesn't have usernames/passwords to access private sites of course. :P

kelly338825
09-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Hmm, well obviously google doesnt have passwords, but there is a torrent finder addon for firefox, and they do include some of the private trackers, not all of them , and they dont have names or passwords either.

tesco
09-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Any website can have a robots.txt file in their root folder which tells a search spider what to and what not to index in the results.
They can tell it to not index any part of the site. ;)

BUT I don't know if they do that...
The ones you can find that are open for signups (using google) are sites that only allow guests (including google) to view no permission messages and the signup/login page so that is all that is indexed.

solaris
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
now i got the answer
i want to know what is google analytics my firefox keeps accessing it when i open a website......?:huh:

Skiz
10-01-2007, 08:36 AM
now i got the answer
i want to know what is google analytics my firefox keeps accessing it when i open a website......?:huh:

What? :blink:

solaris
10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
What? :blink:

didnt get u........? i just wanted to know about google analytics

jazzedup
10-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Private torrent sites usually prevent search engines from indexing their whole site. This can be done by adding a robots.txt in the root directory and adding a
Disallow: /

tag into it.