PDA

View Full Version : (Candidates) Who Interests you the most?

100%
09-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes you can vote for several

I was wondering about the tastebuds of the fst members.

Sorry if i missed someone out just mention name - 12 max on polls
I got my list from here. http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2...al-candidates/

and why does it say under Obamas Hometown: Jakarta, Indonesia; Honolulu, Hawaii?

cullen7282
09-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Am I the only one who voted or do more members actually like Dennis Kucinich? So far he had 100

lynx
09-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I think you'll find he had 100%

Or maybe 100% had him, who knows? :idunno:

Eytan
09-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Giuliani for president!!!

Squeamous
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd vote for the black one.

manicgeek
09-29-2007, 04:08 PM
None of them look anything like my future. Where's the "None of the above" option ?

Skiz
09-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Read the poll. It isn't about who you're going to vote for or would vote for, but who interests you the most.

I voted "other". Fred Thompson is the candidate that I'm leaning towards at the moment, though I haven't heard much from him. He stated earlier that he wouldn't push hard in his candidacy until the election was a year off, so that's where the interest comes from.

What little I've heard from him, I've liked though.

Spartan04
09-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I like to think of it as voting for the person I hate the least.

manicgeek
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Read the poll. It isn't about who you're going to vote for or would vote for, but who interests you the most.

I voted "other". Fred Thompson is the candidate that I'm leaning towards at the moment, though I haven't heard much from him. He stated earlier that he wouldn't push hard in his candidacy until the election was a year off, so that's where the interest comes from.

What little I've heard from him, I've liked though.

As I said before where's the "None of the above" option ?

S!X
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
As I said before where's the "None of the above" option ?

I was actually just about to say none :lol:

100%
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I thought web people hated gulliani for his 911 mascotism.

WarrenBuffet
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Vote Rudy!

kelly338825
09-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, I live in NYC and I really like Guiliani. I would however love to see a female president, so would definitely vote for Hilary Clinton.

WarrenBuffet
10-01-2007, 12:30 AM
AHH U LIKE A FEMALE PRES?? there can't br any Bias in that!!! seeing that your a women!!! You just said you like Rudy, but you would go for Clinton cause shes a women. I thought to you people "it doesn't matter if he/shes black/white"

Something Else
10-01-2007, 01:03 AM
There is an 'other' option u can choose.........

SgtMajor
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
I vote for other, zaa730 seems a good candidate, or is that candy date?

dave12
10-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Hillary she got good chances

WarrenBuffet
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Tahnks SGTmajor, I think we got a campaign on our hands :)

Grind$oFine
10-03-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm either voting for Hilary or Obama, I'm actually completely torn, which is strange because usually I dislike all the candidates...

Biggles
10-03-2007, 07:02 PM
So Paris Hilton - is she standing or not?

:whistling

j2k4
10-03-2007, 07:21 PM
So Paris Hilton - is she standing or not?

:whistling

Yes, she is...as the vice (no principles)-candidate. :whistling

100%
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
For those of you who are indecisive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVfUxKsQ74

source : http://www.krunglevicius.com/art.html

Biggles
10-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Now I am just not sure

j2k4
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM

Now I am just not sure

Me, too, either. :whistling

100%
10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
It seems that Stephen Colbert has joined the race.
http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003659135

Everose
10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I took a test to see who represented my views the best.

It said Dennis K. does.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

So I guess now I am interested in knowing more about him. Sort of.

Alien5
10-19-2007, 01:00 AM
my vote would be for that terminator guy

psxcite
10-19-2007, 01:03 AM
I met Fred Thompson at BB King's Club on Beale St. in Memphis years ago. Very down to earth and personable guy. Nothing like you would expect. Drinking beer and at the time, just hanging with his publicist.

I mentioned how I really liked the movie "Feds" where he played the senior instructor at the FBI academy. He recalled how Rebbeca Demornae (sic) was such a bitch on the set.
:D

Anyway, I will support him in the race. And not just because I live in Tennessee. I think he would make an excellent President. And I actually consider myself a liberal.

LaPistola
10-19-2007, 01:07 AM
stephen colbert of course :P Just like that movie with Robin Williams, I forget what the name was though...

Well folks. It happened. Stephen Colbert finally took the plunge. Last night he announced that he is running for President of the United States of America both as a Democrat and a Republican in his home state of South Carolina.
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!
All of our petitioning and polling paid off. Now get out there and vote for Stephen Colbert!

http://www.stephencolbert08.com/

jrzy
10-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Though I believe that Hillary Clinton is the obvious front runner, I am interested in Bill Richardson. He is a governor but my impression is that he doesn't have that overly seasoned politician rhetoric that Hillary Clinton so graciously demonstrates.

DooMeD68
10-20-2007, 03:37 PM
arnie for sure and none of the above !!

zema
10-20-2007, 07:46 PM
i think we are f@ck$d!

snowultra
10-21-2007, 02:46 AM
wow, so far hilary is in the lead with votes.

kazaaman
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul, b/c he is the most honest politician I've seen so far in this campaign. Just look at some of his YouTube debates.

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Ron Paul as well. He has a plan for this country, which is something the other candidates don't have.

Barack Obama would be my mainstream pick, just because he isn't Hillary.

Magnum
12-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Hillary Clinton!!

GepperRankins
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
i wanna change from kucinich to gravel, plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEW5nPMlqIg

Demigod
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Ron Paul for me as well.

Just take a look at this open letter:
http://stealthfiction.com/please-ignore-ron-paul/

It's beautifully written and just shows how messed up our bureaucracy is currently.

99shassan
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
hilary clinton more than ron paul? on the internets???

j2k4
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
This thread has really regressed/degenerated. :whistling

JROQuinn
12-04-2007, 08:06 AM
do a lil youtube searching on Ron Paul, and the last thing in this world we need is a woman president. I just believe women should be in such power, theyre react more on emotions than logic. Not that its a bad thing but thats just my opinion. Oh thats not the only reason I dont want her in either. But just hurry and get Bush outta there and bring our troops home!

j2k4
12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
do a lil youtube searching on Ron Paul, and the last thing in this world we need is a woman president. I just believe women should be in such power, theyre react more on emotions than logic. Not that its a bad thing but thats just my opinion. Oh thats not the only reason I dont want her in either. But just hurry and get Bush outta there and bring our troops home!

A president should never react on emotion over logic.

Women are certainly capable of using logic, and men are subject to their emotions perhaps too often; Hillary's motivations are based on her overweening self-respect/esteem, which indicates she does not cogitate logically.

The fact she is arguably female has nothing to do with the matter, however. :whistling

hippychick
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
My vote is with Ron Paul.
His is honest and doesn't falter when he thinks it will get him more votes. He stays genuine.
He is the only candidate that wants to bring the troops home and get the constitution back to the way it should be.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

He is not backed by corporate America and the media like the rest of the candidates. but by the people. He IS NOT plastic!

He has a strong support groups who are even renting a Blimp to spread the Ron Paul and Liberty message.
They are having another money bomb on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.
http://www.teaparty07.com/
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

VOTE RON PAUL

Ac3Dunk
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
The one how has more media attention he/she will be the next president.

BurntBlue
01-12-2008, 05:09 AM
this isn't for who I'd vote for, but Dennis Kucinich is most interesting to me. He looks like he could be a Jockey, but where is his horsey?

bigboab
01-12-2008, 03:00 PM
this isn't for who I'd vote for, but Dennis Kucinich is most interesting to me. He looks like he could be a Jockey, but where is his horsey?
The incumbent is a nightmare.:cry:

BurntBlue
01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm not a democrat, nor rep,..but what happened to Mike Gravel? I watched the democratic debate on pbs a little while ago and he was awesome!! He was sittin' people the funk down! loved it...too bad we have to choose between the lesser of two evils,...bah!!!

100%
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
What is the date, of the vote for the new usa president?
When is all this over?

contravene
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not a democrat, nor rep,..but what happened to Mike Gravel? I watched the democratic debate on pbs a little while ago and he was awesome!! He was sittin' people the funk down! loved it...too bad we have to choose between the lesser of two evils,...bah!!!

He's been forced out of pretty much all the debates during the past few months. Same with Kucinich, and to a lesser extent Paul.

orcutt989
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
If you are a liberal, and wondering what you are going to do now since Kucinich is gone. You should try checking out Mike Gravel. You know how the Vietnam war was stopped? It was Mike Gravel! He released the Pentagon papers to the public! (Alliteration at it's finest). He is against the death penalty, pro abortion rights, against the no child left behind act, for embryonic stem cell research, for assault weapons ban, against the patriot act, against torture, against border fence, for net neutrality, against iran sanctions/war, against iraq war, for withdrawal, for minimum wage increase, for same sex marriage and civil union, and also for universal healthcare. Eat it!

Stellar
02-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I really wish Gravel had more exposure. He was my favorite candidate since the beginning. The media rarely even mentioned the man, so he doesn't stand a chance.

I'm voting for the lesser of two evils in this election. For now I am supporting Obama, but if Hillary wins the nomination I'd vote for her. The idea of McCain becoming president scares me shitless.

orcutt989
02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
I am with you on that one minus the Hillary Clinton part. She would be a "great" symbol for woman's success. The steps are as follows, marry well, put up with whatever shit your husband creates, then ride his coattails to success while having him practically do your entire campaign.

ilovednb
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Obama!

Clinton just isn't the type I wanna see in the white house, she is more the bitchy woman according to me, 'the one who always needs to be right' :P

saqib
03-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Mike Huckabee

(I)
03-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Obama & Clinton

Disme
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Obama is my fav. I think he can give the USA a positive ib-njection after the disaster Bush made of it.

saqib
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Obama is my fav. I think he can give the USA a positive ib-njection after the disaster Bush made of it.

i dont think he z right for the WORLD :noes:

Septimus
03-31-2008, 02:59 AM
None of them

Ri0T
04-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm in favor of either Obama and Clinton. I'm fond of Clinton's policies but Obama is very charismatic and auspicious. I guess it's alright as long as they're democratic.

j2k4
04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm in favor of either Obama and Clinton. I guess it's alright as long as they're democratic.

Democratic?

What has that got to do with anything?

ligerpt
05-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not american but I would vote in Obama for sure.

100%
06-11-2008, 11:15 PM
seems like webworld is pro obama
i hesitate to imagine what the real world wants.

j2k4
06-12-2008, 02:00 AM

Obama is naught but a filter/interpreter/mouthpiece for the liberal interests who are running him.

If you pay attention to the balky manner his "policy" positions/stances present and morph (depending on which way the wind is blowing; Israel is a good recent example), you can see precisely how this is happening.

It won't matter that, come debate time, he's left a trail of swerves, flip-flops, and other commitment-free blather, because McCain won't call him on any of it for fear of "picking on the the black guy".

As to "what the real world wants" God help us; neither of who we laughingly refer to as candidates have a fucking clue as to what we need or want in a President.

The only criteria left to hang one's hat on are the V.P. picks; McCain doesn't know his ass from his elbow, and Obama's people are talking up Joe Biden.

Un-fucking-believable. :dry:

respawn40
07-18-2008, 01:44 AM

I've also noticed that the Net is generally pro-Obama. I don't see why though. The man changes stances left and right. All he Obama is is a bundle of feel-good talk. And his supporters all say "he gives me Hope". Well WTF does hope have to do with who would make a good leader for the country. They're acting as if the US is a hellhole. When he has to talk about facts, he stumbles, a lot. I've heard many people on the Net say that they are going to vote for Obama because of Net Neutrality. Well, I can tell you that Net Neutrality is sooooooo far down his list. You'd be lucky for him to do anything in his term. It's all about energy and the war.

Not to mention he's a JUNIOR senator. He's been in the Senate for what, THREE years, two of which he's be campaigning, and he wants to lead the country? WTF? He's not a leader, he's just a great orator.

So yeah, you can probably tell that I'm a war-mongering Neocon >.>

bigboab
07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
We in Ireland, we can’t figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a female pants-wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can’t keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn’t even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now… On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord’s name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies?;)

j2k4
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
We in Ireland, we can’t figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a female pants-wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can’t keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn’t even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now… On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord’s name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies?;)

One of the baser reasonings for voting correctly, but. :whistling

Hairbautt
07-26-2008, 09:11 PM

What in Lord’s name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies?;):glag:

I've properly selected the candidates that interested me the most. Tho' this thread is a bit old (some of the candidates dropped off).

I've been leaning more towards Obama lately. McCain seems exactly like Bush and things arn't that great today. I think this is why Obama is running on the word 'change.' I loved Hillary, btw. I really truly believed she was going to be the most progressive candidate.

:unsure: I dunno anymore. Seriously. It's hard to find good information and for all the fuckwits who want to talk politics, I swear, revert to misinformation to gain whatever upper hand they may see in holding a conversation. I'm even ashamed of some of my family members.

tryambaka
07-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I loved to see Obama in afghanistan.. Barack Obama will certainly win the white house..