PDA

View Full Version : Was Shakespeare Gay?

Seedler
09-21-2007, 01:29 AM
:dabs:

manker
09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
What Shakespeare a homo f4gg0t!!?i lol'd

Fuck knoes why but I really did :ermm:

peat moss
09-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Hmm had to be ,to write that great literature . In a fun vein if he was born today he 'd be hosting one of those designer home shows, like sell this fucking house please .

To be or not to be , fuck lady get rid of the drapes , the dinning room table is much toooo small . :dabs:

Seedler
09-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Doing a 3000 essay on that fucking cunt's play King Lear, and also have 10 minute (20% grade) one page random selection commentary on Macbeth.

Fcuking homo's plays are boring as fuck, but my fucking English teacher LOVESSSS him, she sounds like she has fucking orgasms when she talks to us about Shakespeare's plays. Fucking fuck.

peat moss
09-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Doing a 3000 essay on that fucking cunt's play King Lear, and also have 10 minute (20% grade) one page random selection commentary on Macbeth.

Fcuking homo's plays are boring as fuck, but my fucking English teacher LOVESSSS him, she sounds like she has fucking orgasms when she talks to us about Shakespeare's plays. Fucking fuck.

Your wrong friend , as his plays can be related to the here and now so easily .

Seedler
09-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Yah, of course, he spent 500 pages of flowery language to explain simple and mostly stupid morals that can be worded in about 20 words.

Dramatic Irony, his tragedies with hubris etc etc are fucking obvious from the first page, therefore the plot predictable, uninteresting, and did I mention wrapped in needless flowery and fucking confusing language?

Fucking homo ass titty cunt, I hope you get fornicated everyday in hell, stupid Shakespeare fuck.

God that feels good, I should link my Eng teacher to this thread.

peat moss
Oh I get it Seedler , were doing your homework ? To put a different spin on one of Shakespeare's plays think of your friends and try to relate to Macbeth . You know ,Ross has stolen your girl "B J" and you plot to discredit him and her and will stop at nothing ?

killer23

errrm na,
Shakespeare is shit, yep. :yup:
trust me i read that crap for 2 years.

Hairbautt
09-21-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm sure he was great n'all in his time, but for us modern folk it's a bit much :dabs:

By all means if you're into Arts/Literature I'm sure he's worth the study time, but really for those of us who arn't...Let's keep it brief.

peat moss
09-21-2007, 01:59 AM

errrm na,
Shakespeare is shit, yep. :yup:
trust me i read that crap for 2 years.

Gee and I'm the dumb fuck on here who can't spell . I can still read tho and try and live life to the best I can .

Live a little and experience life ,wife leaves you for another woman ,after cheating with your best friend and his dog . Who you going call ? Ghost Busters .

See its easy :D

Sorry guys did n't mean to sound like a know it all , all the good shows or movies today have at lot in common with his ideas .

Greed, jealousy , revenge or incest . you name it .

Seedler
09-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Oh I get it Seedler , were doing your homework ? To put a different spin on one of Shakespeare's plays think of your friends and try to relate to Macbeth . You know ,Ross has stolen your girl "B J" and you plot to discredit him and her and will stop at nothing ?

:pinch:

That fugger?

Oh here's another one.

Me and Smith suckup to Rossyco, telling him that "We love him more than words can wield the matter", and our flattery enables him to give up admin privileges, while banning JP and crabgirl when they try to reason with him and reveal our treachery.

Then he expects honour and respect from me, and occupies my server with brokeback movies. I tell him to fuck off, but he gets pished and tells me that I'm a gay f4ggot. Then he goes off to Smith's side of teh forums, and same shit owns him there.

Shortly after, Crabgirl gets mad h4x from manker and try to h4xz0rs my server, but was pwned by my l33t firewallz. Thus, Crabbiegal and Ross are contained in my virus vault.

Then Reality, who was illegitimately conceived by moss, deletes crabbiegal in my virus vault, while ross is overcome by grief and die of overheating as he takes off his CPU heatsink.

At the same time, I grow envious of Smith's crazy empty space, and puts horse pr0n on his comp, and he gets wtfowned by his mom, eternally banning him from interweb usage.

Something like that.

manker
09-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Sorry guys did n't mean to sound like a know it allNo need to apologise.

CrabGirl
09-21-2007, 02:38 AM

Dramatic Irony, his tragedies with hubris etc etc are fucking obvious from the first page, therefore the plot predictable, uninteresting, and did I mention wrapped in needless flowery and fucking confusing language?

So true. It's why his writing is still read hundreds of years later and why he's one of the best known playwrights known to man. :dabs:

peat moss
09-21-2007, 03:00 AM

So true. It's why his writing is still read hundreds of years later and why he's one of the best known playwrights known to man. :dabs:

Your right hon , before his time . Probably a closet homo tho as his thinking was probably not shared by the working stiffs .

Did he every write under a synonym ? Can you image the pressures he must of had at the time ? Lesbian tendencies not with out standing . :dabs:

Seedler
09-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Nada. He didn't even write the plays himself:dabs:

Skweeky
09-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I love arts and literature
Never quite got into Shakespeare though

My guess is that he wasn't very literate at all and invented all these new words to make it look like he was :yes:

Sextent
09-22-2007, 04:54 PM
To question Shakespeare's value to English literature is to suggest that Newton knew fuck all about physics.

Do you know how much of modern literature owes it's existence to Shakespeare. How he re-invented the language and how we use it. The words and forms he created. Now I fully accept that reading his PLAYS (you're supposed to see them performed, would you read the script to your favourite film, no you would steal it from the internet) may be of no particular interest to someone who is heading for life as a fast food retailer. However that does not mean they are of no value.

This list of words that we use in our daily speech were all brought into usage by Shakespeare:

accommodation

aerial

amazement

apostrophe

assassination

auspicious

baseless

bloody

bump

castigate

changeful

clangor

control (noun)

countless

courtship

critic

critical

dexterously

dishearten

dislocate

dwindle

eventful

exposure

fitful

frugal

generous

gloomy

gnarled

hurry

impartial

inauspicious

indistinguishable

invulnerable

lapse

laughable

lonely

majestic

misplaced

monumental

multitudinous

obscene

palmy

perusal

pious

premeditated

radiance

reliance

road

sanctimonious

seamy

sportive

submerge

suspicious

As if the above words were not enough, Shakespeare also put common words together to make up new phrases:

barefaced

fancy-free

catch a cold

disgraceful conduct

elbowroom

fair play

green eyed monster

heartsick

hot-blooded

housekeeping

lackluster

leapfrog

long-haired

pitched battle

clothes make the man

method in his madness

to thine own self be true

towering passion

ministering angel

dog will have his day

frailty, thy name is woman

neither a borrower nor a lender be

brevity is the soul of wit

mind's eye

primrose path

flaming youth

it smells to heaven

the lady doth protest too much

witching time of the night

it's Greek to me

live long day

breathe one's last

heart of gold

give the devil his due

too much of a good thing

naked truth

foregone conclusion

break the ice

strange bedfellows

wear one's heart on one's sleeve

all that glitters isn't gold

eat out of house and home

be all and end all

more sinned against than sinning

one fell swoop

the milk of human kindness

the course of true love never did run smooth

He is without doubt the most influential writer the English language has ever known.

Seedler
09-23-2007, 12:21 AM
To question Shakespeare's value to English literature is to suggest that Newton knew fuck all about physics.

Do you know how much of modern literature owes it's existence to Shakespeare. How he re-invented the language and how we use it. The words and forms he created. Now I fully accept that reading his PLAYS (you're supposed to see them performed, would you read the script to your favourite film, no you would steal it from the internet) may be of no particular interest to someone who is heading for life as a fast food retailer. However that does not mean they are of no value.

As if the above words were not enough, Shakespeare also put common words together to make up new phrases:

barefaced

fancy-free

catch a cold

disgraceful conduct

elbowroom

fair play

green eyed monster

heartsick

hot-blooded

housekeeping

lackluster

leapfrog

long-haired

pitched battle

clothes make the man

method in his madness

to thine own self be true

towering passion

ministering angel

dog will have his day

frailty, thy name is woman

neither a borrower nor a lender be

brevity is the soul of wit

mind's eye

primrose path

flaming youth

it smells to heaven

the lady doth protest too much

witching time of the night

it's Greek to me

live long day

breathe one's last

heart of gold

give the devil his due

too much of a good thing

naked truth

foregone conclusion

break the ice

strange bedfellows

wear one's heart on one's sleeve

all that glitters isn't gold

eat out of house and home

be all and end all

more sinned against than sinning

one fell swoop

the milk of human kindness

the course of true love never did run smooth

He is without doubt the most influential writer the English language has ever known.

That doesn't aid in the slightest bit, regarding the part of him being GHEY:dabs:

Let's just pretend that he in fact, wrote the plays and made up the words. Still quite useless, as language evolves and other phrases + words would have been invented in place of them. Heck, just-play means the same basic fucking shit as fair-play, makes perfect sense to anybody who's got some sense.:dabs:

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Let's just pretend that he in fact, wrote the plays and made up the words. Still quite useless, as language evolves and other phrases + words would have been invented in place of them. Heck, just-play means the same basic fucking shit as fair-play, makes perfect sense to anybody who's got some sense.:dabs:

I think it's important that you bear in mind that you are an idiot.

As evidence of this I cite the above.

Seedler
09-23-2007, 02:03 AM

Rofls, when you can't come up with something mildly amazing to say, what do you do? Make one-word affronts. Oh you got me good. Nothing shames me more than this.:dabs:

As I've been reduced to your level, so here it goes:
You homo-loving cuntshit. Stfukthnx.

LaPistola
09-23-2007, 02:07 AM
wheres the option for not gay:blink:... This is a one sided poll:O

BTW-How old are you because your maturity really shows itself in this post.

Rofls, when you can't come up with something mildly amazing to say, what do you do? Make one-word affronts. Oh you got me good. Nothing shames me more than this.:dabs:

As I've been reduced to your level, so here it goes:
You homo-loving cuntshit. Stfukthnx.

callum
09-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Homo-loving cuntshit. Stfukthnx.

You waited until he'd be gone a while before replying with that drivel.

Seedler
09-23-2007, 02:14 AM

Homo-loving cuntshit. Stfukthnx.

I suppose that means I'm still waiting to for him to be gone in order to reply my drivel. Funny how I already replied:dabs:

callum
09-23-2007, 02:24 AM

I suppose that means I'm still waiting to for him to be gone in order to reply my drivel. Funny how I already replied:dabs:

Your post makes so much more sense than mine, sorry.

killer23
09-23-2007, 02:44 AM
bhoever fade phis bhread ts way

Seedler
09-23-2007, 02:47 AM

Your post makes so much more sense than mine, sorry.

Please go back to grammar school, then everything would make more sense, sorry.

GoLDeN
09-23-2007, 05:16 PM
what a gay thread this is

Sextent
09-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Please bear in mind that the person making you look like an idiot is you. I take no credit for that whatsoever, I just pointed it out in case you hadn't realized.

See, that's the problem with you being an idiot, you don't know it yourself ... because you're an idiot.

We could have a whole thread showing you being an idiot, would that help you to understand.

Seedler
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Have I not already told you to stfukthnx? Go lyke, die in a corner, please, thanks.:dabs: