PDA

View Full Version : Cyberlink Power Tools For Wmp

Illuminati
07-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Okay, here's one for the technical at heart.

Windows Media Player can get all kinds of plug-ins - One I'm interested in is the Cyberlink MP3 PowerEncoder plug-in (WMP9 use can find the list by selecting 'Download Plug-ins' in the menu at the top).

I've had two different versions of it - One through eMule from Sharelive and one through K-Lite - And I've had the same problems. I install it, add the serial, then do the configuration that pops up after Setup. After that, I restart WMP9 (which was already closed during installation), and the plug-in doesn't show up. I use the options to try to add it using the Plug-Ins tab, but when I select the DLL for it it reports that the plug-in can't be added. There's no program installed (apart from the configuration program) - AFAIK the plug-in runs through the DLL.

Any other WMP9 users have that problem? :huh: Anyone got any solution around it? And please don't resort to 'use another MP3 decoder' - PowerDVD works wonders for me so I kinda trust the Cyberlink name for the media plug-ins.

Wolfmight
07-08-2003, 12:33 AM
did u ever get the k-lite codec pack?

Illuminati
07-08-2003, 06:06 AM
It&#39;s nothing to do with K-Lite - It&#39;s just p***ing about with WMP. Which is why it&#39;s in Softwareworld instead of Problems or Questions <_<

Anyway, forget about it guys - I&#39;ve figured it out. For all those who want to try it afterwards - It won&#39;t show up in the installed plug-ins list like other plug-ins but will put the option for burning MP3s subtly in the options.

Anyway, just wanted to solve that - Topic closed by request