PDA

View Full Version : Delete The Shits In Your Hd

ging
07-07-2003, 11:33 PM
please delete them,
at least 192kbs

4play
07-07-2003, 11:37 PM
i would lose loads of rare stuff that i can never find at 192kb.

would be nice but its never gonna happen. most people are happy with 128 so alot of content will be at this bitrate.

ging
07-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 4play@7 July 2003 - 23:37
i would lose loads of rare stuff that i can never find at 192kb.

would be nice but its never gonna happen. most people are happy with 128 so alot of content will be at this bitrate.
hude difference even on laptops

man you got big HDs and highspeed plus you have a CD burner

ging
07-07-2003, 11:44 PM
keep the rare stuffs of course

sparsely
07-07-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm all for it. I don't get anything less than 192kbps unless it's rare or VBR encoded.

smi256
07-07-2003, 11:55 PM
I don’t understand why you’d want to get rid of 128kbps in place of 192kbps. Sure it’s a higher rate, but is it that important? As it is, A LOT of what’s out there is in 128kbps. ;)

ging
07-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by smi256@7 July 2003 - 23:55
I don’t understand why you’d want to get rid of 128kbps in place of 192kbps. Sure it’s a higher rate, but is it that important? As it is, A LOT of what’s out there is in 128kbps. ;)
I don't understand why people made 128kbs not 192kbs

CrumbCat
07-07-2003, 11:59 PM
please delete them,
at least 192kbs

I'm all for it. I don't get anything less than 192kbps unless it's rare or VBR encoded.

Hey ging and Sparsely:

If you really want the good stuff at high bitrates, then get yourselves over to SoulSeek - there are countless users who share ONLY 192 or higher (including VBR) FULL ALBUMS, PROPERLY TAGGED, EACH ALBUM INDIVIDUALLY SORTED IN WELL ORGANIZED FOLDERS. You will find whatever you are looking for @192 or higher.

As far as the rare stuff @128 - it must be VERY rare stuff indeed to not be available @192 or higher.

Hey 4play:

Hello, mate - long time no see.

Tchau! and hope to see you soon.

Twist3r
07-08-2003, 12:17 AM
allmost all my music is 128 because there smaller and more can fit on my MP3 player so u can kiss my ass cause im not deleteing them

sparsely
07-08-2003, 12:34 AM
:P
Originally posted by crumbcat
If you really want the good stuff at high bitrates, then get yourselves over to SoulSeek - there are countless users who share ONLY 192 or higher (including VBR) FULL ALBUMS, PROPERLY TAGGED, EACH ALBUM INDIVIDUALLY SORTED IN WELL ORGANIZED FOLDERS. You will find whatever you are looking for @192 or higher.

As far as the rare stuff @128 - it must be VERY rare stuff indeed to not be available @192 or higher.

Thanks for the old news, but no, Kazaa's fine. All the decent release teams encode at 192kbps.
I keep my things very organized, and most people on SoulSeek tend to not "share with everyone", which
is kinda dumb, IMO. You gotta like, hang out, talk to morons, earn their trust....fuck all that.
I can just open Kazaa & search.

And rare files....shit...if you ever see The Flaming Lips - The Magician Vs. The Headache (Hole In Your Head Disco Remix)
and any bitrate at all...take a screenshot and I'll give you a dollar.

CrumbCat
07-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the old news, but no, Kazaa's fine. All the decent release teams encode at 192kbps.
I keep my things very organized, and most people on SoulSeek tend to not "share with everyone", which
is kinda dumb, IMO. You gotta like, hang out, talk to morons, earn their trust....fuck all that.

I like the sentence "I can just open Kazaa & search" in particular - because thats exactly what I do with SoulSeek - no need to "like, hang out, talk to morons, earn their trust...." - nope, just search and download - and I've never been cut off from anyone.

FYI: The KLF MusicWorld room has some great people in it, so I'm sure you weren't referring to any of them when you said "...talk to morons...", so you must have wandered into some other room.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, but really it comes down to this:

We both prefer 192 or higher. Because that's what I'm able to get all day long using SoulSeek, I thought I'd make the invite - the door's always open.

And rare files....shit...if you ever see The Flaming Lips - The Magician Vs. The Headache (Hole In Your Head Disco Remix)

I'll keep my eyes open.

Happy downloading amigo :D

Tchau!

4play
07-08-2003, 12:57 AM
hey crumbcat long time no see, maybe cuz i aint been round soulseek lately.

still KLFworld in soulseek is full of a great bunch of people and a hell of a lot of music at high bitrates.

still the initiation is always fun :rolleyes:

ging
07-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 July 2003 - 00:54

I like the sentence "I can just open Kazaa & search" in particular - because thats exactly what I do with SoulSeek - no need to "like, hang out, talk to morons, earn their trust...." - nope, just search and download - and I've never been cut off from anyone.

FYI: The KLF MusicWorld room has some great people in it, so I'm sure you weren't referring to any of them when you said "...talk to morons...", so you must have wandered into some other room.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, but really it comes down to this:

We both prefer 192 or higher. Because that's what I'm able to get all day long using SoulSeek, I thought I'd make the invite - the door's always open.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Happy downloading amigo :D

Tchau!
they are morons

when I first tried soulseek, I used the name "K-lite user" ,
people on kazza told me " go back to kazza"
I deleted it immediately.

CrumbCat
07-08-2003, 01:15 AM
they are morons

LMAO -
"people on kazza told me " go back to kazza" You were in the wrong place !!! I said to go use SoulSeek, not KaZaA.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are making a joke right? I mean, you didn't really leave (SouklSeek) because a few people hurt your feelings, did you? If so, you need to toughen-up, or life is going only going to get more difficult.

Some people have the lamest excuses for leaving SoulSeek without ever even really trying it.......My guess is SoulSeek is all the better for it, the last thing SoulSeek needs is a bunch of users crying about having their toes stepped on.

C'mon, ging - you must have a better excuse than that! If not, enjoy KaZaA

By the way, it's spelled K-A-Z-A-A, not K-A-Z-Z-A :P :P :P

Tchau!

Ad
07-08-2003, 01:58 AM
I never go 128 now thats why kazaa sux for that thats all they have also beside the fakes

other poroblem is if kazaa actully finally finds 192 bit its uselly one damm source that goes at 0.7kb/s!

ging
07-08-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 01:58
I never go 128 now thats why kazaa sux for that thats all they have also beside the fakes

other poroblem is if kazaa actully finally finds 192 bit its uselly one damm source that goes at 0.7kb/s!
missing audiogalaxy

Ad
07-08-2003, 02:10 AM
decent release teams encode at 192kbps.

and any bitrate at all...take a screenshot and I'll give you a dollar. kazaa dl fakes wast your time :P  dl 128 shit quality

well fine dont use ss use Thanks for the old news, but no, Kazaa's fine. All the

ging
07-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 July 2003 - 01:15

they are morons

LMAO -
"people on kazza told me " go back to kazza" You were in the wrong place !!! I said to go use SoulSeek, not KaZaA.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are making a joke right? I mean, you didn't really leave (SouklSeek) because a few people hurt your feelings, did you? If so, you need to toughen-up, or life is going only going to get more difficult.

Some people have the lamest excuses for leaving SoulSeek without ever even really trying it.......My guess is SoulSeek is all the better for it, the last thing SoulSeek needs is a bunch of users crying about having their toes stepped on.

C'mon, ging - you must have a better excuse than that! If not, enjoy KaZaA

By the way, it's spelled K-A-Z-A-A, not K-A-Z-Z-A :P :P :P

Tchau!
sorry my bad

I would never use kazaa if audiogalaxy wasn't down
so , I will use soulseek if kazaa is down

Ad
07-08-2003, 02:26 AM
I would never use kazaa if audiogalaxy wasn't down
so , I will use soulseek if kazaa is down

yes audiogalaxy i miss :(

Celerystalksme
07-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Gawd it seems all most people do is whinge on this board...u can get f*cked if u tell me to delete all my 128kbs songs...i have a huge collection of mp3 albums ranging from 128kbs to 320kbs...i couldn't give a shit if you say you don't want them at 128kbs because i am not wasting my time re-downloading them as 192kbs...So you can kiss my ass...and i can't believe u prefer kazaa over soulseek you are fucking lame...get your head out of your ass...Soulseek pisses all over kazaa....and fuck you ging for calling us morons...seriously go fuck yourself...im glad your not on soulseek cause i would of banned you for being an ignorant fuckhead....So in rounding this little post off...all i can say is im keeping my 128kbs files and there ain't shit you can do about it...

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/negative15.jpg

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/negative17.jpg

Laters
Cely

ging
07-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@8 July 2003 - 15:00
Gawd it seems all most people do is whinge on this board...u can get f*cked if u tell me to delete all my 128kbs songs...i have a huge collection of mp3 albums ranging from 128kbs to 320kbs...i couldn't give a shit if you say you don't want them at 128kbs because i am not wasting my time re-downloading them as 192kbs...So you can kiss my ass...and i can't believe u prefer kazaa over soulseek you are fucking lame...get your head out of your ass...Soulseek pisses all over kazaa....and fuck you ging for calling us morons...seriously go fuck yourself...im glad your not on soulseek cause i would of banned you for being an ignorant fuckhead....So in rounding this little post off...all i can say is im keeping my 128kbs files and there ain't shit you can do about it...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative9.jpg

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative11.jpg

and

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu.jpg

Celerystalksme
07-08-2003, 05:33 PM
it needs words aswell...pictures by themselves are lame...

ging
07-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@8 July 2003 - 17:33
it needs words aswell...pictures by themselves are lame...
I'm sorry I'm sorry what I said was

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay10.jpg

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay15.jpg :D

Celerystalksme
07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Really...you should continue with this

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/lookgood.gif

sparsely
07-08-2003, 07:22 PM
boy, seems somebodys a little cranky today...
maybe it's from listening to all that lesser quality music.
It's rotting your soul!!!

nothingtolose
07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Kazaa quality rips do suck...these kids can't tell the difference between quality and crap encoding. even some of the 192's sound like butt. soulseek does have good stuff, but it also has the same crappy crap. ubernet is chris mydens dc hub and it is full of audiophile quality rips-(alt-preset-standard) UberNet (http://www.chrismyden.com/uber/)
you can also find quality rips on irc. anybody know of any good ftp's?

Celerystalksme
07-08-2003, 08:43 PM
music is music...get over it...

CrumbCat
07-08-2003, 08:55 PM
music is music...get over it...

Agreed ! ! !

I never bad-mouthed 128 kbps files, I just tried to point them in the right direction to get what they want.....but then Sparsely went off the deep end with his comments.......

Now let this topic end here, please......if not, then go get 'em Celerystalksme!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
07-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Well i rather have the files in 192 or higher to. But i'm really happy if i find rare files, or stuff i've been lookon' for ages, in 128k.

So don't dump the rare 128k files, maybe i'm lookin for one...!!!

But indeed new ones, or own rips do them at the highest possible bitrate!
Then over to soulseek, we have our own KLF room there, the only limit most members have is the 2 albums at the time limit no more... !
It is treasure island for music lovers!!! :) In the KLF room we share over 200.000 files all together, a lot of nice stuff also the flaming lips en co are presented and thnx to guys like Jibler all the new releases are available to... B)

Kinslayer2000
07-09-2003, 03:23 AM
If your not finding enough sources for your 192kb files just go to more search options and put in all the info and say you want the quality at least 192kb. Turn on auto search more and do something else for about an hour. When you come back you will probably have hundreds if not thousands of sources. I do this for every CD I make and I can download dozens of songs at once because there are so many sources available. Music is by far the easiest thing to get off of Kazaa.

forq2
07-09-2003, 03:36 AM
what i dont get is what does me having 128 bit having anything affecting you? cant you move your mouse to a 192 bit one? seriously its a not a big deal sure its better quality but not a topic worthy event

Ad
07-09-2003, 03:40 AM
First Off Ill say I prefer 192 bit thats my first choice but no dont get rid of them becsue if its a hard to get file then u have to go with 128 sometimes as for me and celery who know this its hard to get aussie bands in 192bit its exremely rare to find sometimes and u can only go with 128 bit

btw the :flame: burnt out :lol: