PDA

View Full Version : Peoples Avatars

kazaaliteuser007
07-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Why is it that alot of people on here are not showing their avatars, i see most but alot of them are square boxes with the little x in the top left, is it just my IE 6 or is them?

dgmortal
07-08-2003, 04:31 AM
a couple reasons could be the image hosting site they are using is down or sometimes a firewall can block images hosted at certain sites.

kazaaliteuser007
07-08-2003, 04:32 AM
like whats happened to yours?

Ad
07-08-2003, 05:16 AM
ke whats happened to yours?

lol :lol: :lol:

MagicNakor
07-08-2003, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't laugh, adthomp. ;)

:ninja:

geothermal78
07-08-2003, 08:22 AM
adthomp and dg_mortal's avatars don't show up. Weird. Is mine showing up for people to see ?

Someone posted a list of avatar sites but I forget what the name of that thread was. I guess just search this MB for keyword of avatar.

Other people have said that geocities.com is not a good site to put avatars up and I put my banner drafts there. LOL Arg is me.

geothermal

kazaaliteuser007
07-08-2003, 10:31 AM
You mean this one? (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=49851) and yes yours is showing up fine

Ad
07-08-2003, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't laugh, adthomp.

wtf?? my avartar showing up fine here :huh:

so what the hell do u mean?? :huh: :huh:

dgmortal
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliteuser007@7 July 2003 - 23:32
like whats happened to yours?
probably :P for some reason i cant see mine when my firewall is off :blink: it's there with the firewall on :huh: but you probably cant see mine because i'm using crappy webshots right now because my usual hosting site has been down for a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

edit:horrible spelling and grammar (worse than adthomps :lol: )

p.s. i can see everyone's avatars :unsure:

RedRival
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Server's down in my case, i think.
How ironic, this is my third host and they didn't even pass the 2month mark.
I formatted my harddrive, so my avatar and sig is gone forever :'(

Ad
07-08-2003, 02:02 PM
edit:horrible spelling and grammar (worse than adthomps  )

come on I type in the dark with boxing gloves on :lol: :lol:

RPerry
07-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Pic Store was down yesterday, thats where my avatar and sig is hosted, they still down? guess I should have checked before making this reply :huh:

clocker
07-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah, PicStore has been down for days now.
Hope they don't disappear cause I've got a lot of pics up there.

N£MO
07-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 14:28

I wouldn't laugh, adthomp.

wtf?? my avartar showing up fine here :huh:

so what the hell do u mean?? :huh: :huh:
I cannot see your avatar Ad,it is always flickering.

[B][O][T]
07-08-2003, 07:05 PM
If You're using ImAHosting read this:

At this time ImAHosting is no longer hosting Sigs. The reason for this is because recently ImA has become aware that it can no longer support the bandwidth required to host the Sigs. However ImA is still going to host Forums and GuestBooks and any upcoming features. Also ImA will still host a number of Sigs. See belowe for more details.

ImA will only host 10,000 Sigs. The entire database of Sigs has been cleared out once again. We are sorry if you lost your Sig, but I posted a message before to make a backup if you can. ImA will not accept new Sigs until the number of current requests decreases. ImA is not able to support the bandwidth for the number of request it is recieving right now. And because of that the main site is redirected here. Thanks to Comcast for the support.

Until the requests calm down, and the only way that will happen is if people unlink their Sigs from the site. ImA will remain like this. To access ImAHosting's temporary link click the giant link below. Any questions or comments please feel free to send them in.

NOTE: Please do not attempt to receive your Sig from the below URL. First of all it will not work as the database has been cleared and second it will only make this progress slower. Thank you.

If You need another host please check My Topic "Avatars And Signatures...."

BOT

Jayhawk
07-08-2003, 07:32 PM
angelfire works good for me. Havent had any problems with it

Bender
07-08-2003, 07:58 PM
I think it's because of Picstore being down for several days (almost a week) now, and a lot of members use this service to store their pics.
Celebs_Are_Us pointed this out to me, and offered to host my latest pics.

I've sent a PM to the Admin of the site to tell him his site is down, but no reply until now; I've got zillions of pics there. :(
If anyone knows his email adress: please send him a message.

DarkBlizzard
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Adthomps avatar is down and all of Red Rival's stuff is down. Everyone else's is fine.

N£MO
07-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@8 July 2003 - 23:42
Adthomps avatar is down and all of Red Rival's stuff is down. Everyone else's is fine.
Talking about avatars,i have just noticed yours.Very good ;)

Schmiggy_JK23
07-08-2003, 10:51 PM
I use picstore also, i emailed the admin/owner, and here is his reply...

Hi,

sorry to tell you but the site is indeed down due that the database with images information is crashed somehow, i'm already trying to get contact with the hoster but that seems to be very hard... still trying to fix that..

please be patiend!

Thank you for your loving picstore!
Eric

So, its still down, which sucks... any one know any other good host sites, in case i need to go to a back up?

waXd0g
07-08-2003, 11:50 PM
does anyone have any GOOD spot for Avatars :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DarkBlizzard
07-09-2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.Lycos.co.uk/

the UK version support FTP...

Now download Smart FTP off Kazaa Lite.

Ad
07-09-2003, 02:24 AM
Adthomps avatar is down and all of Red Rival's stuff is down. Everyone else's is fine

My avartar is working fine what the f*ck is everyone going on about :huh:

MagicNakor
07-09-2003, 02:25 AM
It's working fine now, but last night it wasn't.

:ninja:

Ad
07-09-2003, 02:26 AM
ahh ok thnx magicnakor for letting me know :)

DarkBlizzard
07-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Ya now its working but it wasnt before....So isnt it fun watching those kangeroos outside ur house :P :lol:

Ad
07-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Ya now its working but it wasnt before....So isnt it fun watching those kangeroos outside ur house 

some Americans just have no brains :rolleyes:

I havnt seen a kangeroo in my life

I spose we all sound like steve irwin and live in the outbeak too :P and where for of aboriginals who throw boomarangs and they come back thats all u amercians think

RPerry
07-09-2003, 03:01 AM
I transfered my avatar tp BOTS link, but I'll wait for pic store to come back (hopefully) before worrying about my signature ;)

Celerystalksme
07-09-2003, 05:23 AM
Silly f*cking yanks...yeah mate i live in mackay with me crocodiles and yeah steve my mate irwin he catches them with his bare hands...crikey...shes a beauty wouldnt mind taken her down to me back shed and give her a bit of a shag over me kingswood...fuckin oath mate...struth...she's apples...i think i better go crack open a fourex gold mate and have a couple of VB tinnies and chuck another shrimp on the barbie...

gawd i was actually saying this aswell...gawd i love my australian accent...

Ad
07-09-2003, 06:10 AM
hmm i wonder if VB thinks where talking about him :lol: :lol:

BTW VB if your wondering its beer :lol: :lol:

dgmortal
07-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 21:52

Ya now its working but it wasnt before....So isnt it fun watching those kangeroos outside ur house 

some Americans just have no brains :rolleyes:

I havnt seen a kangeroo in my life

I spose we all sound like steve irwin and live in the outbeak too :P and where for of aboriginals who throw boomarangs and they come back thats all u amercians think
:lol:

looks like adthomp has hijacked another thread and turned it into spam for himself :P B)

Ad
07-09-2003, 06:37 AM
wooops better go report myself in the spam thread for the mods :lol:

dgmortal
07-09-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@9 July 2003 - 01:37
wooops better go report myself in the spam thread for the mods :lol:
nah.....they would just consider your report to be spam there as well ;)

Ad
07-09-2003, 06:56 AM
nah.....they would just consider your report to be spam there as well 

So true :lol: