PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to join r files?

php111
09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi,

I am planning on downloading a movie that is split into r files like for example it is r00 and so on. Is it possible to join them and what tool would i use and how do i join them? Yes i have Winrar.

Alien5
09-23-2007, 12:16 PM
get winrar, then right click the r00 file and choose 'extract here'

www.rarlab.com/download.htm

php111
09-23-2007, 12:20 PM

www.rarlab.com/download.htm (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)

Alien,

Just only right click on r00 or highlight all the r parts for the first part of the movie then do the same for part 2, 3 and 4?

Adster
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
you could try gluing them together

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:27 PM

www.rarlab.com/download.htm (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)

Alien,

Just only right click on r00 or highlight all the r parts for the first part of the movie then do the same for part 2, 3 and 4?

Just right click the first file and select "extract here" winrar will do the rest.

Alien5
i right click and see...open, extract file, or extract here, choose 'extract here'

Sextent
Repeat the process for each part. It doesn't actually have to be the lowest numbered rar file but most folk just do that anyway.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Alien,

Just right click the first file and select "extract here" winrar will do the rest.

OK thank you guys.

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 12:29 PM
np

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:29 PM
If you've downloaded from usenet you may need the par files as well. Quickpar can then be used and they will repair any errors in the rar files.

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 12:30 PM
If you've downloaded from usenet you may need the par files as well. Quickpar can then be used and they will repair any errors in the rar files.

The grabit version i have does this automatically :01:

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Not sure what you mean by that.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:36 PM

You use GrabIt? I always wanted to use it. I made a reply but no one replied yet. I been getting my movies from torrents. enoughfakefiles, I am getting an 480 error. I can't just use the program because there is a limit so i have to download NZB files and load them in that is when i get the 480 error.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Grabit is a free program http://www.shemes.com/.

You can just download it and use it.

Yo don't need to download the nzb files. If you have a newsreader installed just click on them and it should start the reader downloading. There's a good guide to it in the usenet section. I thin it uses Grabit as it's example.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Here's a link to the guide http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-newsgroups-guide-grabit-69159

It's written in RealitY but you can still use it.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's a link to the guide http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-newsgroups-guide-grabit-69159

It's written in RealitY but you can still use it.

But everytime i try to use GrabIt without the NZB i get a message saying my limit has been reached and i didn't even download anything with it.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Is the news server from your isp or do you pay for one.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Is the news server from your isp or do you pay for one.

From my ISP.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:50 PM
The internets provides this

480 Error
A 480 error means that we could not identify your username based on theIP address assigned by the Network Access Server you're dialing. This couldbe temporary, or a change in the NAS that means you'll have to configure your news client to login.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm just guessing here but is it possible you haven't put in a required password when you set up Grabit.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:52 PM
The internets provides this

480 Error
A 480 error means that we could not identify your username based on theIP address assigned by the Network Access Server you're dialing. This couldbe temporary, or a change in the NAS that means you'll have to configure your news client to login.

Oh ok. Do i get a user name and password from my ISP or could i configure one myself and how do i configure one?

php111
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm just guessing here but is it possible you haven't put in a required password when you set up Grabit.

Yes that is right. I only put in my news server.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
That would be from your ISP, if you need them. Remember I'm only guessing here.

Also check what port you are using. Use port 119 if you haven't already done so.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Got to go mate Hibs v Celtic live on Satan TV.

Hope you get this sorted. I'll pop back later.

php111
09-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Also check what port you are using. Use port 119 if you haven't already done so.

I can't get that from my ISP. How can i set one up myself? I have my email password but i don't think that will work? How do i use port 119?

Sextent
09-23-2007, 01:00 PM

I can't get that from my ISP. How can i set one up myself? I have my email password but i don't think that will work? How do i use port 119?

Game not started yet.

If you have email with the same ISP try that name and password. It's probably the one you want (bearing in mind outlook etc can also be used as news reader.)

Go to Grabit settings and it will ask you what port to use, just make sure it has 119 in that box.

php111
09-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Game not started yet.

If you have email with the same ISP try that name and password. It's probably the one you want (bearing in mind outlook etc can also be used as news reader.)

Go to Grabit settings and it will ask you what port to use, just make sure it has 119 in that box.

I didn't see anything with the ports. I seen edit then preferences but nothing with ports. That was the only settings i seen. How do i try to sign in? Why is there a limit on my news groups?

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Not sure what you mean by that.

You just end up with the finished item instead of the rar's and par's :happy:

php111
09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Here is the exact error message.

Error while selecting group: 480 authentication error.

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Port 119 is the default port. It's under prefernces>grabit search.

I never used a password or user name but that might be because i don't use usenet as jp said. I'm on NTL broadband and seem to get all the things i need of thier servers. You could just trying to re-install grabit using reality's guide.

As for the you reached you limit thing, i think in grabit you can only search a limited amount of times a day without there being a small fee for unlimited searches. Just use binsearch for all your needs.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 01:54 PM
It's definitely a configuration thing

I received a "480 authentication required" error when trying to log on. What should I do?

Your newsreader software is not configured to send your username and password. Please check your software configuration to verify that you have entered your username and password.

Who is your ISP, if they are providing the news server then they must also supply you with a username and password to use their service.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 01:56 PM

I never used a password or user name but that might be because i don't use usenet as jp said. I'm on NTL broadband and seem to get all the things i need of thier servers. You could just trying to re-install grabit using reality's guide.

As for the you reached you limit thing, i think in grabit you can only search a limited amount of times a day without there being a small fee for unlimited searches. Just use binsearch for all your needs.

You are using usenet. NTL are simply allowing you access to it, but to a limited number of groups.

Does Grabit download the par files then reconstruct the file for you using the rars and pars, all automatic like. If so I might go back to using it.

php111
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM

How do i use binsearch? I did re-install grabit and i reached the limit. I am on cable high speed so i am using the ISP server.

php111
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
It's definitely a configuration thing

I received a "480 authentication required" error when trying to log on. What should I do?

Your newsreader software is not configured to send your username and password. Please check your software configuration to verify that you have entered your username and password.Who is your ISP, if they are providing the news server then they must also supply you with a username and password to use their service.

What other news groups clients are there? I had enough with grabit. I have to go eat my breakfast soon.

php111
09-23-2007, 02:17 PM
hmm, I been told over in newsgroups section i have to many threads open. Does someone want to close some of them? Possibly the error one in Usenet?

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 02:19 PM

You are using usenet. NTL are simply allowing you access to it, but to a limited number of groups.

Does Grabit download the par files then reconstruct the file for you using the rars and pars, all automatic like. If so I might go back to using it.

Yes. It asks you if want to use this option when you set it up.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/305/grabitgm8.jpg

I was going to have a look at that newsleecher but grabit seems to work just fine for me :happy:

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 02:20 PM

How do i use binsearch? I did re-install grabit and i reached the limit. I am on cable high speed so i am using the ISP server.

Just tick the box and save as an nzb file.

php111
09-23-2007, 02:23 PM

How many times do i have to tell you all. When i download a nzb file then open with grabit. I get a 480 error.

Alien5
09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
you never get many problems with torrents :rolleyes:

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM

How many times do i have to tell you all. When i download a nzb file then open with grabit. I get a 480 error.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/history/topic/99860-1.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=480+error+grabit+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Use the search funtion.

php111
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/history/topic/99860-1.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=480+error+grabit+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Use the search funtion.

I read some of the replied but they were only giving posibilities. I didn't see how to actually get rid of the error.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll ask again, who is your ISP.

It would appear that you need a name and password. How many times do you need to be told that.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 04:09 PM
This is the setup in Newsleecher.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8763/serversetupnk5.jpg

I'm assuming Grabit will be similar.

The 480 error suggests that you've not configured it properly, by putting in the username and password required.

enoughfakefiles
09-23-2007, 04:59 PM
This is the grabit one jp.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9026/grabitbv7.jpg

Sextent
09-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Cheers effy.

Seeing that I think I'll add that other server, probably just the same one but you never know.

php111
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Here sextent. I put the settings like you shown.

I think i am going to try Newsleecher. I put the settings in link you have but i put news.rcn.com. How do i retrieve my groups and then search and download?

Sextent
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
In Newsleecher

Select the Manager Tab (top left)

Click "Subscribe to Groups"

Click "Fetch Entire Group List"

That will download the groups that are available to you.

php111
09-23-2007, 09:45 PM
In Newsleecher

Select the Manager Tab (top left)

Click "Subscribe to Groups"

Click "Fetch Entire Group List"

That will download the groups that are available to you.

What version and where did you get your Newsleecher from? My copy has a bug in it. I just found that out now. I am going to remove it from my PC, it will be safer that way. I got my copy from the torrents.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I honestly can't remember where I got it, but it's version 3.8

Jagarga
09-23-2007, 09:55 PM
did you steal it tent sexualist?

Sextent
09-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Obviously I stole it, that's a given. Just can't remember where from.

Peerzy
09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
This is the setup in Newsleecher.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8763/serversetupnk5.jpg

I'm assuming Grabit will be similar.

The 480 error suggests that you've not configured it properly, by putting in the username and password required.

I've noticed that NTL/Virgin have about 5 different servers. Any ideas as to which one is the best?

Virgin Media Broadband customers:
News (NNTP) Server: news.cable.virginmedia.com
News server: port number: 119

Virgin Media Dial-up or Freedom off-net customers:
News (NNTP) Server: news.virginmedia.com
News Server port number: 119

news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com

News.virgin.net

I'm using news.ntlworld.com but notice you two are using different servers, hows the service? I'm only getting 120kb/s max and have noticed massive groups (a.b.boneless etc...) are missing from the group lists.

php111
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Obviously I stole it, that's a given. Just can't remember where from.

I steal everything by downloading.. Doesn't matter what it is. I even steal OS's but Vista was pre-installed so i couldn't activate it and now i have this copy but i am not sure what package the activation key goes too. Obviously it doesn't go to Ultimate Vista because i can't activate it, it will shut down Vista in 20 some days so i can't use it.

How good is Newsleecher v3.8 Final?

Peerzy
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
How good is Newsleecher v3.8 Final?

I've seen 3.8 and 3.9 floating around but 3.7 is working fine for me.

Try one of those shyte generic public torrent websites, there bound to have it.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM

I've noticed that NTL/Virgin have about 5 different servers. Any ideas as to which one is the best?

news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com

News.virgin.net

I'm using news.ntlworld.com but notice you two are using different servers, hows the service? I'm only getting 120kb/s max and have noticed massive groups (a.b.boneless etc...) are missing from the group lists.

Peerzy

I've just added the other one as well so I have both servers now. It doesn't make the overall speed faster, however it does seem to make it maintain the speed better. I just did that earlier this evening (based on this thread) so it's a bit early to say.

Basically if I look in the manager tab it seems to be downloading using both servers at the same time, splitting the bandwidth between them. My speeds are fine, the only limit is that some groups are missing. However not so as I would pay for a different service. Things spread about usenet anyway, so it's just a matter of waiting till it gets to a group you have.

Jagarga
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
i pay for my service, and my speed maxs out at 790kbs all the time. not bad for £7 a month.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I get it free and it maxs out at 1200kbs. Not bad for ...

Tho' to be fair you will have a much better selection. I don't get boneless, dvdr, mm.tv and quite a lot of others I would like.

I really should spend the £7 or whatever, but I download so much just now it seems a bit mad to.

Jagarga
09-23-2007, 10:44 PM
i don't download shit, just stuff.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
i don't download shit, just stuff.

:O I download stuff as well. What's the chances of that.

Peerzy
09-23-2007, 11:18 PM

news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com

News.virgin.net

Peerzy

I've just added the other one as well so I have both servers now. It doesn't make the overall speed faster, however it does seem to make it maintain the speed better. I just did that earlier this evening (based on this thread) so it's a bit early to say.

Basically if I look in the manager tab it seems to be downloading using both servers at the same time, splitting the bandwidth between them. My speeds are fine, the only limit is that some groups are missing. However not so as I would pay for a different service. Things spread about usenet anyway, so it's just a matter of waiting till it gets to a group you have.

Hmmmmm, interesting. Are you being limited to a 120Kb/s speed or are you constantly maxing out your connection.

Even wierder is that I've got the M level of Virgin Media (2Mb connection) yet Newsleecher is only downloading at 120Kb/s and speed test is giving me 966kb/s which divided by 8 gives 120.75Kb/s. I should be (and have many times in the past) hitting 160Kb/s+.

Any of your Virgin Media users have similier problems?

Sextent
09-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't get 120kbs mate, I get over 1000kbs. Tho' to be fair that's with up to 5 machines using the same connection.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
My best is 1.25 MB/s

callum
09-23-2007, 11:53 PM
My best is 1.25 MB/s

I get about 2.2MB/s, I thought they would have upgraded all areas to 20mb by now, especially the posh bits.

Peerzy
09-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Just read this;

Broadband Size: M
During peak times, the top 5% on the Size: M package download at least 350MB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till midnight) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed – their download speed will be set to 1Mb, with their upload speed set to 128Kb. This will last for 4 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband Size: M user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 1,000 music files per day.

Broadband Size: L
During peak times, the top 5% on the Size: L package download at least 750MB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till midnight) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed – their download speed will be set to 2Mb, with their upload speed set to 192Kb. This will last for 4 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband: Size L user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 1,500 music files per day.

Broadband Size: XL
During peak times, the top 5% on the Size: XL package download at least 3GB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till midnight) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed – their download speed will be set to 5Mb, with their upload speed set to 256Kb. This will last for 4 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband Size: XL user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 4,000 music files per day.

Ghey.

I download 350mb worth of stuff between 4PM and midnight and I'm capped till potentially 4AM at half the rate I'm paying for.

Sextent
09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
My best is 1.25 MB/s

I get about 2.2MB/s, I thought they would have upgraded all areas to 20mb by now, especially the posh bits.

:lol::P:angry:

thewizeard
09-24-2007, 08:50 PM
...have you considered coverting them to X Files and asking Mr. Mulder's assistance?