PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the old ratio system to FTN

RobertDouglas
09-26-2007, 12:49 AM
You probably thought that the ratio is completely gone on FTN . You probably thought that FTN became friendly to the users with slow upload speeds . You were wrong .

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2167/fntws9.jpg

Now not only they want you to have a fast pipe , but also to have all the individual torrents in your torrent history marked with green . Yes, not the overall 1:1 ratio, but on every torrent . So if you think about getting an old torrent - don't bother , you will wait ages for someone to leech from you .

Skiz
09-26-2007, 01:06 AM
If you thought they were going to just let you leech everything, that's just silly. :blink:

DKre8ive1
09-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Well nowhere on that post edit does it say you have to have all your torrent history marked green so you might be pushing it a little far.

But I know most torrent sites staff are able to see at what average speed the seeder is seeding at and if the member is only giving a few kBs on every torrent it does make it look like the member is capping his upload or either he/she is on dial-up.

I am not saying you did this since I am not on staff but just giving my 2 cents on this.

coolbeans
09-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Why not post your concerns in the threads on FTN dealing with this topic or just pm the staff member who wrote you that message? No need to post it here.

sear
09-26-2007, 01:12 AM
I was wondering that as well, did you cap your upload speed?

freedom
09-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Why not post your concerns in the threads on FTN dealing with this topic or just pm the staff member who wrote you that message? No need to post it here.

good remark. talk about ftn in ftn forums or ftn irc. here this kind of threads have no future.

SkullForce
09-26-2007, 01:27 AM
it is not good to cap the upload speed, but after FTN hided the ratio the seeding state increased so the user couldn't upload as he were doing before. Also it is impolite to threaten a member by banning if just his speed came down. we are not in the army, we are just having fun.

As if he did he will win a warning or even be banned.

th0r
09-26-2007, 01:37 AM
RobertDouglas has an FT.N invite! Flood his inbox with begging PMs!

freedom
09-26-2007, 01:39 AM

counting starts now.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seedub
09-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Do not forget some members are forced to have low speeds due to traffic shaping, which is becoming rather common for ISP's to do nowdays.

SkullForce
09-26-2007, 01:41 AM
almost he is not the one who get the invite. i think he was just a watcher.

rapesauce10
09-26-2007, 01:42 AM
it is not good to cap the upload speed, but after FTN hided the ratio the seeding state increased so the user couldn't upload as he were doing before. Also it is impolite to threaten a member by banning if just his speed came down. we are not in the army, we are just having fun.

As if he did he will win a warning or even be banned.

MOD EDIT: Mellow out, dude.

I disagree most strongly and vigourously.

Here's the facts, I still get my invites, would you like to know why? I don't cap my upload, I share. I leech on a slow connection, but apparently I'm more generous than you, you shouldn't be allowed to share invites if you can't share bandwidth.

And believe it or not, you can seed for 36 hours with no upload and have your torrents look just fine in your history.

SkullForce
09-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Fuck you pig, i'm on FTN never cheated or banned, it is a very very old account there.
and u should read the posts carefully stupid. this man is threatened to lose his account because of slow upload speeds not because hit and run.
you are a bullshit group of anti traders who antagonist 90% of FST members (Traders).
It is better to find another place to play at.

rapesauce10
09-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Fuck you pig, i'm on FTN never cheated or banned, it is a very very old account there.
and u should read the posts carefully stupid. this man is threatened to lose his account because of slow upload speeds not because hit and run

That's a shame to hear you're on there, but really, how about you read it again...

He's capping, not a connection limitation.

sense
09-26-2007, 02:02 AM
You can leech old torrents as much as you want. The current system is fine, it's more than fine, it's great! All you have to do is seed 1:1 OR 36 hours, what's so hard to understand there? Jeez people, some of you are so dense.

SkullForce
09-26-2007, 02:03 AM
and u should read the posts carefully stupid. this man is threatened to lose his account because of slow upload speeds not because hit and run

That's a shame to hear you're on there
he is free to do what he want to do with his connection
and it is not of your business to be there or not.

rapesauce10
09-26-2007, 02:04 AM
it is not of your business to be there or not.

How about you keep this on topic, the point is you're wrong, capping is not a connection limitation, they aren't threatening to ban him because his pipe is slow cunt, they're threatening because his pipe isn't getting shared at whatever speed it's at.

Sorry, no.

He is not free to do what he wants with his connection, if he wants to keep his FTN account, he'll seed like a good boy :)

Then he'll be free.

aysomc
09-26-2007, 02:36 AM
damn i want on this site so bad, feels like its never gonna happen. to me ratio or no ratio doesnt matter since i always seed as much as possible and 36 hours would be the very least i would try to seed something so that seems fair.

rapesauce10
09-26-2007, 02:47 AM
damn i want on this site so bad, feels like its never gonna happen. to me ratio or no ratio doesnt matter since i always seed as much as possible and 36 hours would be the very least i would try to seed something so that seems fair.

1. Be active in current torrenting communities and follow the rules of those and the ones you're dreaming of (no trading/cheating). Making friends and such.
2. Get FTN invite later on.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

Brandon
09-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Just because someone made a possible mistake in a comment doesn't mean the system sucks girux.

DohMein
09-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Was wonderin when that would come up :D

Brandon
09-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Oh, and girux.. Just got a screenshot of your acct (was curious..) If they had the old system, you would have been disabled :lol:

Still want it back? :) I suggest you stop being such a whiny baby just because you got a comment while STILL GETTING AN INVITE.. :rolleyes:

DohMein
09-26-2007, 03:10 AM
pwned! I dont see the reason for people bitchin, let it run 36h or 1:1. How hard can that be? If someone throttles they will get caught and if they get caught they will lose the account. It cannot get more simple than that. Seed it for 36 and you never have to worry again and this is very easy to do.

th0r
09-26-2007, 03:51 AM
Balajik tends to make mistakes.

:happy:

And welcome back, Brandon.

coolbeans
09-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Also keep in mind that the new system is not yet fully implemented. I can't wait for the second phase!

freedom
09-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Also keep in mind that the new system is not yet fully implemented. I can't wait for the second phase!

yeah.. that's what Brandon promised.. so even i dunno what's next i'm sure that will be great like always. :happy:

fstrulz
09-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Just because the ratio system is gone doesn't mean you can abuse it... But the good thing is most FTN members have been dedicated so far seeding what they leech.

Brandon... When will the No Ratio Rule "revolutionary" surprise gonna be unfolded?

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Brandon... When will the No Ratio Rule "revolutionary" surprise gonna be unfolded?

It's a secret. :ph34r:

r77
09-26-2007, 06:51 AM
i thought brandon is no more related to ftn :unsure:.

fifty99
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM

we love him and hope he returns

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2007, 07:26 AM

He isn't.
That's why he wrote:

Oh, and girux.. Just got a screenshot of your acct (was curious..)
He asked some1 2 give him details 'bout the account.

Vidde
09-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I have a big-ass list of torrenthistory, and -all- my torrents are green, without exceptions.

It's not that hard, sometimes I leech something old that I can't return with bits and bytes, so I'll just seed the bastard for some days, and it's green. Normally I seed for weeks :)

Good luck!
-Vidde

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Go Vidde go.
Seed till u bleed.

V For Vendetta
09-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Go Vidde go.
Seed till u Die.
Fixed :P

kaoblanco
09-26-2007, 08:51 AM
All you have to do is seed 1:1 OR 36 hours, what's so hard to understand there? Jeez people, some of you are so dense.
No shit man. :)

It's like the 1:1:36 rule is exclusive only to (insert site given FST whiner hates cause he can't P2L or cheat)!

If you can't be bothered to make your best effort, effort people.. as in "No I'll not reasonably make 1:1 on this torrent but I sure can leave it active for a couple days and try" to seed back the files/content you're leeching, you don't belong on FTN OR SCT OR TL, nor even Demoniod or TBP!

Accept that it's organized file-fucking-sharing and not "piss people off because I won't drop 8 bucks on a usenet account to leech without responsiblity"-scene.org.

Find any of my tracker accounts with less than 2.9-ish ratio and then come back with counter-opinion you can stand upon.

/rant

stroj
09-26-2007, 08:53 AM
How can be hard seed 1 torrent for 36 hours (atleast ofc). I mean, even with my slow home upload speed i can get 1:1 on new things. And when i want some old Pack or something, no problem, i seed it for week. This system is really user-friendly enough.

AugustoP
09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Bashing people who cap their upload at 1KB/sec or so makes perfect sense to me.

bblogs
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
What's wrong with you...?

There's dozens of good trackers with a ratio system, 1 of them puts in a nice change to the system...and you're crying to get it changed back??

Go use TL or SCT if you like ratios!

SkullForce
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
it is not of your business to be there or not.

How about you keep this on topic, the point is you're wrong, capping is not a connection limitation, they aren't threatening to ban him because his pipe is slow cunt, they're threatening because his pipe isn't getting shared at whatever speed it's at.

Sorry, no.

He is not free to do what he wants with his connection, if he wants to keep his FTN account, he'll seed like a good boy :)

Then he'll be free.
You are right but may be the user couldn't do more uploads this time as he may seed for other trackers

Just because someone made a possible mistake in a comment doesn't mean the system sucks girux.

The system is great and i didn't see any relationship between the thread and the new system

fstemon
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
If you can't be bothered to make your best effort, effort people.. as in "No I'll not reasonably make 1:1 on this torrent but I sure can leave it active for a couple days and try" to seed back the files/content you're leeching, you don't belong on FTN OR SCT OR TL, nor even Demoniod or TBP!

TBP? The Bi-rate Pay?

bwaduk
09-26-2007, 01:17 PM
why dont you cry babies just dont login to ftn and then prolly wake up and relise that you have fucked up, getting green torrents in your history is easy even on 256k/256k depending on the size of the releases but even still up have still uploaded something and during that time you have done more than the 36 hrs or 1:1

kaoblanco
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
TBP? The Bi-rate Pay?
Yeah, it's some kind of funky pig-latin variant... :whistling

Wanna buy a bridge? :)

no_more_tears
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
The Bi-rate Pay?
The Bit-rate Pay is more appropriate :)

TheReaps
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
No download ratio was a good move..

MBS
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
well i never knew of this rule anyways whether ratio or not as it is i dont use FTN to download anything only for seeding puposes which i got from other sites so it wont concern me much

RainRoofer
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Hm, FTN didn't remove ratio so you can leech your ass off and don't give back anything at all.If you're like that you don't deserve to be part of it.End of discussion.
Those warnings are just to remind users.

isabel.pirate
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I started to write a long post but it was going off topic so I will start a new post. I Just want to say that I have 190 torrents open on my computer all waiting to get to 1:1 some dating back to April. Most are from oink which people say is hard to keep a ratio (not if you seed for a long time) There are never more than a few running at a time but they do there thing in the back ground.

Ftn has done great a great thing trying to change the mentality of torrenting. It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.

Squizzle
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
You probably thought that the ratio is completely gone on FTN . You probably thought that FTN became friendly to the users with slow upload speeds . You were wrong .

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2167/fntws9.jpg

Now not only they want you to have a fast pipe , but also to have all the individual torrents in your torrent history marked with green . Yes, not the overall 1:1 ratio, but on every torrent . So if you think about getting an old torrent - don't bother , you will wait ages for someone to leech from you .

So after they showed you the generosity to give you an invite, you come straight over to FST and start moaning about them?

As far as the 1:1 thing goes, they also say you can seed it for a certain time period instead. This is because they know that it's not always possible to seed to 1:1.

To be honest mate I really can't believe you had the cheek to start this thread and slag them off on an external forum, you're just being a really shit member to be honest.

SgtMajor
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_32v.gif

fifty99
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_32v.gif

I know you are talkin about the trading ladder ... but sites like FTN should not be avalable to traders ... there shoul dbe some sites that u need to earn an invite too ... and by that i mean the invitee not the inviter ...

ghurka
09-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I started to write a long post but it was going off topic so I will start a new post. I Just want to say that I have 190 torrents open on my computer all waiting to get to 1:1 some dating back to April. Most are from oink which people say is hard to keep a ratio (not if you seed for a long time) There are never more than a few running at a time but they do there thing in the back ground.

Ftn has done great a great thing trying to change the mentality of torrenting. It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.Now you sound like a sensible lass.

For me its a case of seeding until I feel that the torrent is dead. On some sites it may be a week, on others it may be months....got one that's just over 6 months.

What FTN have done here is a very brave move. I just hope that the members appreciate this as they have done it for your benefit. If you can then seed longer....36 hours is nothing really.

SgtMajor
09-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I know you are talkin about the trading ladder ... but sites like FTN should not be avalable to traders ... there shoul dbe some sites that u need to earn an invite too ... and by that i mean the invitee not the inviter ...

No - I was talking about the "asking for speed tests" side of life, wtf has a speed test (ergo a seedbox!) got to do with how good a member you are or how good a seeder you are or how good you are at not HnRing or how good you are with respecting other members views or how good you are at interacting with other members, etc, etc, etc!

Sites prefer good members over idiots who brag about how large their e-penis is and are never seen in their forums, and sites should be available to all, only when you fuck up should you never be allowed back.

sear
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM

Ftn has done great a great thing trying to change the mentality of torrenting. It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.Now you sound like a sensible lass.

For me its a case of seeding until I feel that the torrent is dead. On some sites it may be a week, on others it may be months....got one that's just over 6 months.

What FTN have done here is a very brave move. I just hope that the members appreciate this as they have done it for your benefit. If you can then seed longer....36 hours is nothing really.

Couldn't agree more the new system rocks :01:

only thing I would add is if you can't seed for 36 hours then get the fuck out...the minimum should be 1:1 or 168 hours :yup:

Sylar666
09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Time will tell.

th0r
09-26-2007, 10:23 PM
the minimum should be 1:1 or 168 hours :yup:

Don't push it, sear.

:pinch:

JazzyJeff
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I can't believe some people with poor connections are complaining. This is an amazing system for you, you should appreciate it and share as much as you can. I agree with sear 36+ should be increased, I currently seed everything I ever download oink, bitmetv etc. until they expire and would be more than happy to do so on a tracker where i can download whatever without worrying about ratio. Download within reason of course, don't be greedy and keep as positive a ratio as you can.

seanbee
09-27-2007, 04:30 AM
The post made by the thread starter gets my vote for most ungrateful post.

jesper12345
09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
FTN staffers are the best staffers around. You might think they´ve gone mad with power ( which they have every right to do :P) but they are very down to earth and just plain "normal"

BreEil
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM
ft.n has great staff and friendly users, my favourite community. from what I have seen so far the no ratio thing has made the site a lot more active, I still think there should be a 72hr seeding rule but I am not complaining at all :)

jasperr
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
i find it hard to believe that ppl are complaing about an awesome system..... and most are complaining about seed times!!!??? man how petty and zay are you ppl... if you have bad connections then get a seedbox pure and simple.... stop whinning about that you have to seed 36+ hours.... it isn't a very big deal.... i'm pretty sure most of the ppl complaining would be bitchin a lot worse if the old system was still in place... hehe..

IMO these whinners, are very selffish, and only thinking of themselves... and most likely hit n runners... the system now, curbs that! lamo..... FTN ROCKs!!!

and i hope the staff keeps up the good work!

enviouz
09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
i find it hard to believe that ppl are complaing about an awesome system..... and most are complaining about seed times!!!??? man how petty and zay are you ppl... if you have bad connections then get a seedbox pure and simple.... stop whinning about that you have to seed 36+ hours.... it isn't a very big deal.... i'm pretty sure most of the ppl complaining would be bitchin a lot worse if the old system was still in place... hehe..

IMO these whinners, are very selffish, and only thinking of themselves... and most likely hit n runners... the system now, curbs that! lamo..... FTN ROCKs!!!

and i hope the staff keeps up the good work!

very well put. i mean how damn hard is it really to seed for 36 hrs anyway. i have torrents that have been seeding for nearly 2 months. these ungrateful pricks dont even deserve ftn imo

game1283
09-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I have not yet read any post here.. I just like to express my opinion before sleeping.. :)

I do not know why you would not like it.. but for me, I like it, I seed for ages.. as for getting an invite, that's another story.. and in getting an invite, that is the time they will look at you history..

Perhaps, it's their tracker, If you don't want it.. no one stops you from doing things like leaving the site..

Me, I love it <3

:)