PDA

View Full Version : For those who cannot connect to WB

Racket
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I did this quick fix as I couldn't get in touch with any admin via site or IRC.
Since I don't want to put the site's url out per FST rules, go to any whois tool site (http://whois.domaintools.com/) and enter the internet address for the site. Look for the IP address listed under server data. Copy that IP to notepad or clipboard.
Now you have to navigate to your hosts file, which is located at C:\windows\sytem32\drivers\etc (I'm in XP so I don't know if it is different in Vista). Right click the "hosts" file and click open. Chose notepad as the application. Once the file is open, paste the IP address from the clipboard, add a space, and type in the internet's website address or url.

For example, for google, it would be:
72.14.253.99 www.google.com

In notepad, click file, then save. (no file type).

You should now be able to connect to the WB site by typing as you would normally do.

Sincerely,,
RacquetHD

Skiz
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
To be a bit simpler, put "194.126.174.102 **********.org" in your hosts file.

Replace the asterisks with the WB URL. If you don't know it, you don't have the tracker and it doesn't matter.

Melvinmeow
09-27-2007, 12:09 PM

Replace the asterisks with the WB URL. If you don't know it, you don't have the tracker and it doesn't matter.

I think he didnt put the ip... for the same reason he didnt put the url. The ip is almost the same as the url since you can figure out which site it is by the ip anyways.

Skiz
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
wild has never expressed an abundance of interest in keeping his tracker uber secret. He has even declined a word filters when offered if memory serves.

I don't surmise that he'll be too affronted.

He's more than welcome to request that I or another mod trash this thread.

0Ri0N
09-27-2007, 02:35 PM
WB banned Portuguese ISP (Novis.PT) ip range 80.180.xxx.xxx and 80.181.xxx.xxx (thousands of users)
Are all users in this IP Range bad users? I don't think so.
I know that another Portuguese ISPs, and other ip ranges from Novis.PT can access to the site.

I would like that someone from WB staff clarify this situation.

wildbytes
09-27-2007, 04:17 PM
WB banned Portuguese ISP (Novis.PT) ip range 80.180.xxx.xxx and 80.181.xxx.xxx (thousands of users)
Are all users in this IP Range bad users? I don't think so.
I know that another Portuguese ISPs, and other ip ranges from Novis.PT can access to the site.

I would like that someone from WB staff clarify this situation.

I do not see any of them ips in the banned list of ips nad or in the iptables.

So must be on your end.

Wild

0Ri0N
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I do not see any of them ips in the banned list of ips nad or in the iptables.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7641/wildbytesnu8.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wildbytesnu8.jpg)

Source: http://www.forumclix.net/ (unofficial ISP support)

People with 80.180 and 80.181 get this message:

403 Forbidden

Unauthorized IP address.

wildbytes
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
first off them ips are different then what you were saying/asking. Some of them ips are in the banned table from account trading and or cheating. some staff set a range, but will look into it more.

there are no 80.180.*.* and 80.181.*.* that are banned.

Wild

0Ri0N
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
80.180.*.* and 80.181.*.* that are banned.

There are thousands of Novis.PT customers with those IP Ranges! :(

Racket
09-27-2007, 07:22 PM

I think he didnt put the ip... for the same reason he didnt put the url. The ip is almost the same as the url since you can figure out which site it is by the ip anyways.

Thank you Melvin! At least someone else understood me. ;)

Skiz
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
first off them ips are different then what you were saying/asking. Some of them ips are in the banned table from account trading and or cheating. some staff set a range, but will look into it more.

Wild

Did you ever get married? :rolleyes:

wildbytes
09-27-2007, 08:38 PM

Wild

Did you ever get married? :rolleyes:

Yep i sure did, even did the honeymoon. fly all the way to ST. LUCIA did some scuba diving, checked out the rain forest and drank alot. Then Dean came by on with 3 days left and screwed up the last 2 days really. But because of dean they gave us another free trip for free, so going again sometime in march, but not sure what island.

Wild