PDA

View Full Version : Power Dvd

TClite
07-08-2003, 11:13 PM
power dvd seems to like to be complicated, Ive tried bs player with the most to date codecs pack, and windows media player.......none of which seem to work, so i reinstalled power dvd and it played along for a while and decided to play one of the two dvd's, on the second one got the same copyright protection crap, im refusing to reinstall a piece of software everytime i want to watch a dvd, im guessing theres a decoder conflict, as only after i tried bs player and windows media player did power dvd go tits up...does anybody have a similar problem with power dvd, otherwise a good dvd player would be welcome, i might try real one player...

clocker
07-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Don't bother with RealOne.
Try VideoLan, available from the homepage.

TClite
07-08-2003, 11:30 PM
videolans more of a partial download previewer, i was looking more towards a dvd player, power dvd was fine untill recently, im not sure whats going on..

ck-uk
07-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Its happened to me a few times..i havnt got a clue what causes it but after i reboot its normally fine again.Also in the powerdvd dir theirs some kind of test u can run to check the compatibility for copyrighted dvd with ur drive...i would say tri windvd
but for me it wont play any dvds through my tv-out at all but it is supposed to b as good as pdvd

TClite
07-09-2003, 03:01 PM
thanks CosmoK, turns out it was just a reboot it needed, i think the decoder just gets tied up and rebooting releases it, hopefully this bugs fixed in version 5....