PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky and Grabit

Skiz
09-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Ever since installing Kasperky AV last night, Grabit has been acting really strange. It won't hold a connection for more than a second or two. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Look at the speed in the screenshot.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4672/56287233uj9.th.png (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=56287233uj9.png)

mainstream
09-29-2007, 10:15 PM
there's an option in kaspersky to deactivate the scanning @ NNTP traffic, its near the email option, i cant remember the steps that get your there but its a really simple solution, dont be alarmed. you just have to configure kaspersky to NOT SCAN NNTP.

Skiz
09-29-2007, 10:24 PM
there's an option in kaspersky to deactivate the scanning @ NNTP traffic, its near the email option, i cant remember the steps that get your there but its a really simple solution, dont be alarmed. you just have to configure kaspersky to NOT SCAN NNTP.

That fixed it. :happy:

The downside is that its one option for POP3/SMTP/IMAP/NNTP. Now it won't be scanning emails either. :dabs:

Well done, and thanks. :cheers:

chris57
09-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm getting the same problem and it remains despite disabling nntp/email scanner in Kaspersky. Its only grabit that has the problem im fine with newsleecher etc.

wickedsick
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
had same problem. just switched to giganews and use norton and am getting 7mbs my max speed :P

Skiz
10-01-2007, 01:11 AM
had same problem. just switched to giganews and use norton and am getting 7mbs my max speed :P

I've had Norton for many years, but I keep hearing all this Kaspersky hype so I decided to give it a go.

MultiForce
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
You should try the Symantec Client (from the corporate package) instead of regular Norton cause it uses less resources if you're going back.

wickedsick
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I've had Norton for many years, but I keep hearing all this Kaspersky hype so I decided to give it a go.

Kaspersky is a great firewall; i dont know if u ever got one of those trojans that keep trying to execute itself... Kaspersky will stop it but norton will die a fter a few moments and u will have to run system scan remove programs etc. but i use Norton now becuase its easy to use and i always scan a file before using it:01: