PDA

View Full Version : Riaa - Do They Cheat You?

Fluffy_Bunny
07-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Okay, we all know that no one in here likes the RIAA. It's because they're out to get us!

But, do we know if the RIAA cheats customers and artists? Discuss.

Ad
07-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Okay, we all know that no one in here likes the RIAA. It's because they're out to get us!

come on there my best friend :lol: I take up to their challenge

Celerystalksme
07-09-2003, 05:25 AM
well Aria (australian version of RIAA) don't have the brains to do sh!t so adthomp and I are pretty safe...

rastilin
07-09-2003, 11:28 AM
I've never understood the RIAA method of calculating losses, consider the following.

1. We're never gonna buy the cd anyway.
2. The person who copied it bought a cd that he may not otherwise have bought.
3. It's our storage space.
4. It's our bandwith.
5. The bands now have more fans.

Total losses $0.

MetroStars
07-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I've never understood the RIAA method of calculating losses, consider the following.

4. It's our bandwith.

Total losses $0.

I like that Theory...

and of course the RIAA r and have bin ripping us of for years now their scared shitless beacuse P2P Threatens the RIAA Chances of ripping us off..

greedy bastards if they were more Fairer with us i wouldn't b using Kazaa

knightowl747
07-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Anyone knows that concert tickets are extremely higher then they were ten years ago. This has been the case long before p2p. Whos kidding who here? If p2p is lost because of the RIAA, the real damage is to the new artists who will never be heard by potentially millions. The RIAA probably doesnt want us to hear these independent artists because they would rather have them all to themselves as a way of stealing even more from us at the cash register. What a tragedy that would be to the artist and us.

shikon
07-10-2003, 11:02 PM
i dont think that the independant bands are thanking us for downloading all their music

knightowl747
07-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Im talking about the independent bands that freely upload their music on purpose. The ones that would otherwise never be heard without a record contract. Without p2p they would only be known in their local area. Thanks to peer sites like this, they can be heard worldwide.

Moyo-SD
07-12-2003, 03:31 AM
:lol: hehe! i like yer theories! RIAA is higly stupid! cd-burners are out and spreading lots of copies of original cds, and these cds are being transformed to mp3, and mini-discs handle mp3 as well.... it is no use to stop p2p

akcom
07-12-2003, 07:45 PM
we cheat the RIAA and they cheat us. A case against them for price fixing was settled out of court w/ the us govt. They definately aren't very ethical, but would you like it if some shmuck was getting something you were making for free? I know I sure as hell wouldnt.

Fatal Error
07-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@9 July 2003 - 07:37

4. It's our bandwith.

Total losses $0.

I like that Theory...

and of course the RIAA r and have bin ripping us of for years now their scared shitless beacuse P2P Threatens the RIAA Chances of ripping us off..

greedy bastards if they were more Fairer with us i wouldn't b using Kazaa
I agree.. I remember reading an article some time ago that the labels overcharged consumers something to the tune of $4 HUNDRED MILLION (US) :angry: Now that the shoe is on the other foot.. :P

jakobako
07-12-2003, 11:09 PM
In the time their profits dropped 8%(or close enough) didn't the economy drop 12%(or close enough)?! For christ's sake, they're doing good.

"BUY OUR RECORDS OR WE'LL FECKING SUE YOU" Should be their new slogan..

:angry:

Arm
07-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by jakobako@12 July 2003 - 23:09
"BUY OUR RECORDS OR WE'LL FECKING SUE YOU" Should be their new slogan..

:angry:
What's their current slogan? :huh:

superblaat
07-16-2003, 12:36 AM
If they weren't spending so much money trying to stop p2p, matbe recprd companies could make cd's cheaper and that way they would sell more!

Anyway for me:
I still buy cd's and if it weren't for napster (at the time) and kazaa, I wouldn't know half the bands I buy cd's from now...

gamemaster1342
07-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Yeah thanks to Kazaa i know bands and listen to them that i would have never of found out about before and about the independent bands they probably like us downloading there songs just look a Linkin Park they are a perfect example

Dark Sparda
07-17-2003, 05:59 AM
All those Riaa bastards want is money,THey wouldn't be doing and saying all this tuff if it wasn't for the money.Because of P2P you can get your songs 100% free and the riaa can't do anything about it so they want there profit,And i bet if they did make a profit off P2P's they wouldn't care less what we do.

ryanraab
07-17-2003, 06:24 AM
Kind of like games and movies. I like to listen to all the songs on the cd before I buy it but if there is only 1-3 songs I like on it there is no point. Before I liked about 10-15 bands now it doubled. So RIAA should be thanking p2p. In the long run it's helping. Your right about more fans. If cds cost laster then we would not need p2p for music and RIAA would not have to worry. If they lowered it to 1$ more then the actually cd that the music is on they would be making so much money.

(doller profit for each cd sold) To think they would probably make a bigger profit!