PDA

View Full Version : Good experience with OiNK Staff

Sylar666
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I heard that some of FST-ers had some problems with OiNK Staff. Well my friend has come across a problem and had some very good experience with one of 'em. He uploaded a transcode by accident. He got a warning and his privilege was revoked. Don't get me wrong: he deserved it: it is in their FAQ not to upload a transcode or check before uploading. But it was long time ago. When he turned to the Staff in a respectful manner to get his privilege back he was handled in a professional and very friendly way. He was asked some questions (he was to get back his privilege if answered correctly) about transcodes (why is it bad, how to avoid it next time etc.). He (being a thorough man) looked up all the stuff about transcoding and lossless music. It was useful, it was educational. And it was amzingly fair. Not like for e.g. BitMeTV
Bravo, OinK!

AugustoP
09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
So, playing by rules is called "good" today, not "normal"?

Sylar666
09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Do not provoke. I put it down because I read many threads where OinK stuff was talked low. U can still argue with Yourself, if U have some valid points. I do not care - u seem like a flamer.

nikmash232
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
lol some time they do things which are not normal they are just dumb!! i hate them i had account there i deleted and i dont want to go back :S to the lame site who staff thinks they are all that.. sometime go in there IRC sylar bro and you will know :) that site is no doubtly got everything in music but i l rather wont go the the lame pig whos owner looks and act like pig aswell ;) oh my god i just pwned OiNK lol

Sylar666
09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
lsometime go in there IRC sylar bro and you will know :)
Well I ain' goin' anywhere. Not too familiar with IRC...;) It was my friend's experience, I do not use OinK that much.

shutdk
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree.. OiNK staff are som nice people.. :)

Night0wl
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
It's quite simple. Respect the staff and they respect you. Lots of people have no trouble at all fixing issues with staff there. Maybe because they don't call them assholes or rant, flame and however else you wouldn't want people treating you ;)

And most importantly at least try to follow the rules

Grind$oFine
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I think OiNK is one of the best site's out there to be a member of, and the staff is typically fair if you're not stupid...

Dr_Green_Thumb
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I think the staff there is very fair and when warnings are given out it's for a good reason. I currently am under a warning for an excessive quoting scandal but I knew that could be warned when I did it and I was.

Niv-S
09-30-2007, 04:32 PM
what nice ppl???? they disable my account with no reason !! :(
sad day .. no one can help me now. "NICE STAFF" yea.

dave12
09-30-2007, 04:34 PM
its up to a guy what kind of relation if want with the staff, after all oink staff is also consist of humans .if you keep your cool and follow the rules you will never have any bad experience .I think if the staff know you and they know you respect them then definitely they will also respect you.In this world you get what you give others .ya sometimes they make mistake but we all know "to err is human"

stroj
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Inactivity is very good reason

Polarbear
09-30-2007, 04:55 PM
i made some experiences with oink staff and they treated me fair. can't complain about them.
don't forget, that they have to deal with 186.000 people.

Niv-S
09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
??? what good reason? so i wasn`t 1 moth in the site, so what?
those ppl should be dead

stroj
09-30-2007, 04:58 PM
??? what good reason? so i wasn`t 1 moth in the site, so what?
those ppl should be dead

thats a bit too much dont you think? read my signature..

spark
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM

:noes:

If they DISABLED your account then you are a cheater/account trader/rules breaker

Did they disabled it or deleted it?

Niv-S
09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
why too much?? i seed and leach... but 1 mounth i couldn`t login because i don`t have a computer.. that a good reason disable my acc? u can stay in your about saying "good stuff"

SPARK, MY BRO, if i was cheat i will never post this stupied reply.

dave12
09-30-2007, 05:02 PM
hey niv just chill man and be patient you will get another invite and they didnt even ban you just disable ur account for inactivity and becz you were not using it.

spark
09-30-2007, 05:03 PM
why too much?? i seed and leach... but 1 mounth i couldn`t login because i don`t have a computer.. that a good reason disable my acc? u can stay in your about saying "good stuff"

SPARK, MY BRO, if i was cheat i will never post this stupied reply.

Am I the one who said "they disabled my account"? :blink:

Niv-S
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
dave.. but what should i do with my ratio?>?
you know what.. if you can talk with OINKSHIT staff tell them that i don`t wand invite. and if they can ban me,do it

Night0wl
09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Now you wil get another invite for sure :rolleyes:

dave12
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
i am just telling you to relax dude its just a torrent site be patient and you will get an invite to site .so just have a chilled beer and relax and wait till someone offer an invite stat your reason and you will get invite.

Niv-S
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
ok.. i don`t know again, but he give me ban from the chat.
so that`s mean by by oink? :D

th0r
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Where's Skizo's rant?

lessthanfour
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I've never had any problems with OiNK staff. I upload my own rips, post in the forums, and hang out on their IRC channel regularly. They run a great site, and as such have to be strict on what gets uploaded (especially since everyone has upload privs.).

Those complaining about being disabled for nothing, have you tried getting into contact with a staff member? Chances are, you were disabled for a reason, whether it be cheating, uploading transcodes or files against their rules, or whatever.

aysomc
09-30-2007, 10:32 PM
something tells me that the people who were disabled "for no reason" wouldn't have been disabled if they had read the rules. that goes for most of them but sometimes you get a cheater in your invite tree and you get burned with everyone else on it. thats why i always prefer getting invited to strict sites by admins only, makes life much easier not having to worry.

scribble
09-30-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah OiNK staff can be very cooperative and nice at times. they can be very unforgiving too.
they are nice when your account gets stolen, and they will let you explain yourself if it is disabled.

briand5379
09-30-2007, 10:55 PM
BMTV is usually the site that gets ripped on for bad staff and being banned for no reason. With Oink if you don't have an inactivity problem, don't trade accounts, becareful what you upload, and don't cheat your usually fine (so basically follow the rules) you really don't have a problem.

the_e_male
10-01-2007, 01:32 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm more than happy and willing to help users who ask for it, and are willing to help themselves. I've demoted a lot of users for uploading transcodes, and I can count on one hand the number I've refused to re-promote when their warning ends. Every time I see someone complaining about what jerks the OiNK staff are, it's after they've done something wrong and been called on it. For some reason, we're wrong for enforcing our rules. Or, things like this:

He was told exactly what happened to his account - it was deleted for inactivity (not disabled). The rules for keeping an account active are clearly stated in the FAQ, yet again, it's the staff who are a**holes, somehow.

Don't believe everything you see on this forum. We don't have the time or desire to point out every lie told here (*coughnickmash232cough*), but just like with Niv-S, there are multiple sides to a story.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 01:34 AM
I heard that some of FST-ers had some problems with OiNK Staff. Well my friend has come across a problem and had some very good experience with one of 'em. He uploaded a transcode by accident. He got a warning and his privilege was revoked. Don't get me wrong: he deserved it: it is in their FAQ not to upload a transcode or check before uploading. But it was long time ago. When he turned to the Staff in a respectful manner to get his privilege back he was handled in a professional and very friendly way. He was asked some questions (he was to get back his privilege if answered correctly) about transcodes (why is it bad, how to avoid it next time etc.). He (being a thorough man) looked up all the stuff about transcoding and lossless music. It was useful, it was educational. And it was amzingly fair. Not like for e.g. BitMeTV
Bravo, OinK!

The sun even shines on a dog's ass now and again... :ermm:

briand5379
10-01-2007, 01:51 AM
He was told exactly what happened to his account - it was deleted for inactivity (not disabled). The rules for keeping an account active are clearly stated in the FAQ, yet again, it's the staff who are a**holes, somehow.

Don't believe everything you see on this forum. We don't have the time or desire to point out every lie told here (*coughnickmash232cough*), but just like with Niv-S, there are multiple sides to a story.

I told Niv-S what the FAQ said on inactivity when he said he was gone for 6 weeks as well as a few others tried helping him and talking to him saying he needed to get another invite and start over. He just didn't want to listen to what anyone was telling him.

Hey the_e_male thanks for participating in the conversation we all appreciate it.

DTD8
10-01-2007, 02:07 AM
i havent had a problem with oink staff

i had an upload removed and labeled as a dupe & bad info provided or w/e
i argued it and got back an explanation and some extra help

but by no means a rude or bad experience

unattended
10-01-2007, 03:27 AM
If I were Oink staff, I wouldn't re-invite Niv-S...he sounds like a rude, ignorant user. The rules are pretty clear...and Oink's rules on inactivity are way simpler than something like BitmeTV's...all you have to do is login once every 6 weeks.

AugustoP
10-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Every time I see someone complaining about what jerks the OiNK staff are, it's after they've done something wrong and been called on it.
Tell this to people who got disabled for "cheating" by your buggy script.

djkamikaze
10-01-2007, 06:27 AM
I've had dealings with about 5 oink staffers, even oink himself, and never had a problem. just be fucking courteous and honest, and they'll treat you fair 99% of the time.

Ghost+Rider
10-01-2007, 06:34 AM
I think some of the moderators there are really good but some of them are really bitches like the admin himself :(

spark
10-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Also they have the best rules I ever seen...everything is clear...and the best of all they are good in detecting cheaters!

Skiz
10-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Also they have the best rules I ever seen...everything is clear...and the best of all they are good in accusing innocent members of cheating.

Fixed.

spark
10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Also they have the best rules I ever seen...everything is clear...and the best of all they are good in accusing innocent members of cheating.

Fixed.

I was talking about the rules and the scripts! Did I say I like the staff? The scripts can not accuse some1.

OiNK staff DO NOT listen to any1 :) They do not have time to accuse you, they ban you at once...

What I am trying to say here that I like thier rules and thier tracker and everything in that place except the staff BUT I never had to talk to the staff! and I do not intend even to post a single post in thier forums...

Skiz
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
...and the best of all they are good in detecting cheaters!

This was the comment I was jabbing.

I've been banned at oink twice by their terrible script for "cheating". I use the same uTorrent as everyone else and have never had any issues or even accusations at any other trackers. There are plenty of tracker staff members around here who could back that up.

Fact is, they aren't good at detecting cheaters. They're great at fucking up though. :dry:

spark
10-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Maybe but personally I can live with that..

briand5379
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Collateral damage occurs when it comes to any site. Look at BMTV they'll knock out whole trees to try to rid the site of 1 cheater, account trader or whatever else.

spark
10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
You can not compare BMTV with OiNK, OiNK has a very fair, clear and accurate rules..
They only common thing is that the staff of both trackers do not listen to anyone at all..

briand5379
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
It was more about the point of collateral damage occurs on any site and that BMTV takes it too an extreme then trying to compare oink and them.

PurplePatch
10-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Been on OINK for ages without a single hiccup. Invited some real tossers without getting my wrist slapped. I use uTorrent without having suffered a 'cheat' ban. Seems to be more 'fors' than 'againsts' in this thread. If you're kicked for cheating by scripts then why isn't everybody? Same scripts, same clients ??? Where there's smoke..........

Skiz
10-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Been on OINK for ages without a single hiccup. Invited some real tossers without getting my wrist slapped. I use uTorrent without having suffered a 'cheat' ban. Seems to be more 'fors' than 'againsts' in this thread. If you're kicked for cheating by scripts then why isn't everybody? Same scripts, same clients ??? Where there's smoke..........

Their script isn't flawless, I'd say.

Beenieman
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I invited a known trader by accident in a giveaway and he even used a email address that they had already banned, Anyway I received a warning and lost the invite in question but not all my invites so I was pleased with how they dealt with me.

nikmash232
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
lol i think we should have a pole who likes oink staff for my opinion i only use to like 1 of the mod there who was ibn-e-batuta rest of them are gays!! i was not banned but i always use to get warning for a no fucking reason is asking something to staff about which is not there in faqs are rule gets you disabled or warning fuck it i am not going back to that shit bag only traders like oink so they can upload alot on it and get into big tracker cough cough m i right or wrong people and i think many of good members of high level tracker like me dont want to get into oink again because of there staff and there shitty script who catches innocent users and leave the cheaters by the way emale i know a guy he cheats on your oink !! and he will never get caught and i will not tell his name!! and he use to cheat he do cheat and he will!! and soon he will undergroundly tell the way of it so your shitty scripts and gets fucked up!!
i simply hate oink i wish oink server get crashed and they cant get up!! and its for you e-male dont think i am a flammer or anything thats just the revenge i am taking for my experience in oink even skizo faced problems !!

and yeah i even traded a oink account on oink just to get out of it well i dont trade but i love oink to much so i traded it haha by the way username of lmjkuunh :D with a cat pic lol you can disable it hahaa because its not anymore of mine and i gave it to a cheater lol :P

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
hate it or not. i love music and they have it :music:

there's no alternative!

nikmash232
10-01-2007, 04:04 PM
i think alot of music out there its your bad luck if your not in right trackers like e**** or pedro or any other good site

Skiz
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
hate it or not. i love music and they have it :music:

there's no alternative!

Yes there is; Usenet. And I don't even have to seed there. :happy:

I also find it comical that this is groundbreaking stuff.

OMGZORZ!!111!!Oink was nice to me and I had a good experience!!1 :O

nikmash232
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
OMGZORZ!!111!!Oink was nice to me and I had a good experience!!1 :O
:O

Skiz
10-01-2007, 04:13 PM

No wai! :O

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
i've been on all serious music tracker. also the one you mentioned. they can't compete with oink (at least for my kind of musical taste).

if you like music - oink is essential. everybody will agree with me. i'm really glad that i'm a member there. even though i lost my invites because i was too kind and invited one of those cheaters nickmash232 seems to know very well.

btw: my biggest dissapointment was definitely vipmusic. not only because of content, but the admins there are not very friendly towards mac users.
oink respects mac users. another reason why i like the site.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
i've been on all serious music tracker. also the one you mentioned. they can't compete with oink (at least for my kind of musical taste).

if you like music - oink is essential. everybody will agree with me. i'm really glad that i'm a member there. even though i lost my invites because i was too kind and invited one of those cheaters nickmash232 seems to know very well.

:glag:

Usenet isn't a tracker.

And no, your precious oink cannot compare. :smilie4:

EDIT: Well, I take that back. Oink's selection is nice (though still less that Usenet). Shame that you guys put up with so much just to have access tho'. :ermm:

nikmash232
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah LOL usenet is not a tracker haha LOL at that and yeah he looks like a oink fan so i think we should leave you alone enjoy your oink its a fact!! oink staff and script will remain shit!! end of it when they cant respect FST staff like skizo we cant respect them so fuck them!!

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
he looks like a oink fan so i think we should leave you alone enjoy your oink

thank you very much:music: