PDA

View Full Version : Most noob friendly app for grabbing music

oilermadman
09-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey folks:

I'm trying to help my neighbor who just purchased his 1st pc 2 days ago!!! I use BT for all my file sharing, but I'm wondering which app would be best (and most importantly, easiest!) to set this guy up with so he can download some tunes. I was gonna grab Limewire for him but the one I found wanted a subscription fee.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Gish
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
frostwire is allot like limewire but does not block some copyrighted music.
but still BT is the way to go:)

WarrenBuffet
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
download limewire pro of lime wire :)

bt still pwns them though. But limewire is easy

blackbird
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
if you have a bittorrent client like utorrent and bittorrent Search Engine like http://btjunkie.org/ you can get most of the stuff ..

limewire sucks !

kelly338825
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
I would definitely suggest you introduce him to bittorrents. I would show him how to use uTorrent, and maybe help him find some trackers to help get him started.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Soulseek.

Grind$oFine
10-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Bittorrent is a little complicated at first, but usually if you show someone how to use it, it's really simple, and it's really worth learning.

I'd say soulseek over limewire/frostwire though.

Limewire is really lacking, sometimes I want just one song that's on the radio so I use that and it takes me 20 minutes of downloading 50 versions of the song to find the version that actually sounds decent.

Broken
10-01-2007, 05:05 AM
I think that you were on the right track with limewire.
I have limewire pro installed on my computer for my wife. If you look around you can find a copy that doesn't need a subscription. ;)

The program is so easy to use that a brain dead chimp could do it.

oilermadman
10-01-2007, 06:02 AM
I have limewire pro installed on my computer for my wife. If you look around you can find a copy that doesn't need a subscription. ;)

Cool, thats pretty much what I'm looking for, hehe. I'm just not prepared to introduce torrents to someone this green!

blackbird
10-01-2007, 06:10 AM

Cool, thats pretty much what I'm looking for, hehe. I'm just not prepared to introduce torrents to someone this green!

see this before you decide to infect your pc with spyware and virus

http://www.lamewire.info/bittorrent.html

why lamewire bllows ?
http://www.lamewire.info/limewire.html :dry:

Something Else
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Soulseek.

+1 It's easy, simple and works well...If ever I can't find a tune @ oink's it's normally on soulseek....:yup:

sear
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
soulseek is a really good option. But if you want to use a gnutella network don't use Limewire. As was previously sugested use frostwire. It's the same program developed by many of the same people but it doesn't contain ad-ware...it's opensource and it's free.

Grind$oFine
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Frostwire is pretty much the same, I even get messages popping up referring to itself as Limewire... It always makes me chuckle.

Something Else
10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
audiogalaxy was the best, but it's long gone now :(

DrLuigi21
10-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Either Frostwire or Limewire is good

ruthatplay
10-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Frostwire is good for a P2P newbie.

Limewire can be good. However, sometimes music is hard to find. I have LW Pro. At times, I have to do alot of searching to find what I want. However, that does not happen every time its used.

Make sure you have updated anti virus and spyware tools available. If you scan before opening the file, you shouldn't have any trouble. I've used LW and FW for over a year. My computer hasn't been infected at all.

F3n1x
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
For singles music i use emule have more variety, i never try soulseek or limewire. ;)

for me emule is only, for music :)

briand5379
10-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd go with uTorrent and downloading from a site like ST Music.