PDA

View Full Version : just asking

supper
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
can i and my friend seed from the same seedbox on the same tracker with out get both disabled?

ApeXz
09-30-2007, 05:49 PM
You'll appear as a multiple user.

Most likely, both will get disabled.

Presto
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
It depends on the tracker, but usually, yes. It would be also good to point that out in your userinfo @the tracker you are using it at. A'la 'sharing seedbox 84.xx.xx.xx'. Can't guarantee on all trackers though.

phrenzy
09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
It worked for me just fine on oink..... Just send them a pm stating that you are using a friends seedbox...... Being upfront w/ them could not hurt at all.........

Daniel
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
This is a question best answered by the individual support-staff on those trackers you plan to seed. I know sites that don't care for identical IPs on two accounts and there are some who don't like that or who are not able to differ between two users sharing an IP. Your best bet is to either name the trackers in question or ask their staff directly - it can't be worse than a 'no'.

supper
09-30-2007, 06:38 PM
This is a question best answered by the individual support-staff on those trackers you plan to seed. I know sites that don't care for identical IPs on two accounts and there are some who don't like that or who are not able to differ between two users sharing an IP. Your best bet is to either name the trackers in question or ask their staff directly - it can't be worse than a 'no'.thank you

0Ri0N
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
This is a question best answered by the individual support-staff on those trackers you plan to seed. I know sites that don't care for identical IPs on two accounts and there are some who don't like that or who are not able to differ between two users sharing an IP. Your best bet is to either name the trackers in question or ask their staff directly - it can't be worse than a 'no'.how about F** level 9?

What about ask to the staff? It is the safe way.

supper
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
how about F** level 9?

What about ask to the staff? It is the safe way.ok what about thank you:D

briand5379
10-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Oink allows multiple accounts as long as the ratios are decent. If you develop ratio problems then that might be a problem for you. Not all trackers allow it though.

lessthanfour
10-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Oink allows multiple accounts as long as the ratios are decent. If you develop ratio problems then that might be a problem for you. Not all trackers allow it though.

As far as I know, OiNK does not allow multiple accounts to be created by the same user, if that is what you meant. As for the OP, to be certain, I'd send a PM to a staff member on each site you plan to share the seedbox on. Policies probably differ from site to site, and it would be best for them to make a note that you're sharing a seedbox before they disable for multiple accounts.

briand5379
10-01-2007, 02:32 AM
One of the staff members of Oink said it here when someone asked a similar question. I definitely agree there's nothing wrong with asking staff the worst thing they can say is no.

Artemis
10-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Most seedboxes have more than one IP address, unless it is a real budget one, and can be configured for two different users on different IP's then you can share access and both use the same trackers. Some info on the seedbox you have and the operating system on the server would help though.

briand5379
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
That's interesting.