PDA

View Full Version : Ranking system?

vizouk
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
so what you think of create a different WIAW by content and another think like that for you request a ftn invite from comunity you need 6months 1000 usefull posts and not spam and good menber atitude :)

ad for others trackers too, so the bt invite section will be more clean :)

SgtMajor
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
If only FST would ever listen to something like this, *sigh*, alas they never do, so we are left with the current mess as it is.

fazzy07
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
vazouk .. that should definitely be the case and criteria even if that means I ll have to wait 4 more months before asking for FTN
I only use WIAW to see the reviews

th0r
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
If only FST would ever listen to something like this, *sigh*, alas they never do, so we are left with the current mess as it is.

You can always create a thread about it and see where it goes.

Chewie
09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
The WIAW thread was originally conceived to be an indication of how hard it is to acquire an invite to each listed tracker.

In that sense it has done a good job.

Unfortunately, members seem to look at it as a definitive guide to how good a tracker is even though there is a disclaimer in the first post explaining it.

Perhaps the reviews have led a lot of members to think of the thread in the way they seem to do. Perhaps it's just that many members can't make up their own minds as to a tracker's worth.

Whatever the cause of the problem, we don't have enough staff to compile and maintain a second thread with only slightly different intent.
You're welcome to try and compile one yourselves, though.

th0r
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
If you'll sticky it or make an effort to keep it at the top of the stack, then maybe.

SgtMajor
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
We did try, the staff here let it die, we keep on trying different things here, again the staff just ignore it, such as the overwhelming majority of posters here not agreeing or liking account trading - again ignored, eventually we get the message - you like the status quo of the WAIW thread and the incessant trading that follows that thread like a bad smell and this creates the busy nature of these forums that follow it like a bible.

Why not just have a Tracker Review Thread, based on alphabetical naming of the trackers (such as the Tracker Staff thread) with both ratings side-by-side, content (which can be used to offer similar items rather than the one a poster was looking for) and rarity rating (the chances of getting such a tracker don't come easy and you may have to wait your turn).

There are other options of course, but a good discussion involving FST staff, tracker staff and posters who know what they are talking about might help to change the current atmosphere surrounding this forum and /that/ thread!

Just my opening twopence worth of course.

Chewie
09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
We did try, the staff here let it die...
Sorry Sarge but I stopped reading right there.
Of course it's FST Staff's duty to keep a close watch on all threads despite the amount of shit that gets posted both in here and the Report Section. </sarcasm>

I spend my whole fucking evening 5 days a week removing shit from the BT sections, responding to reports & tracking possible dupe accounts and you lot gotta bitch that we let a thread die? Yeah, of course we all met on MSN and watched it wither away down the page...
FFS if the thread was that popular it would still be at the top of the pile.

p1r4t3
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
It was tried and the idea was popular too, based on a poll. however wasnt stickied.

I agree with what SgtMajor said here. and from what I see, it is not going to happen.

@ Chewie : the only thing needed to be done was to stickie it.. It would then get better as more people would take notice. As far as I remember , it was on the top of that pile for sufficiently enough time ....... as is this thread going to die too

SgtMajor
09-30-2007, 09:23 PM
We did try, the staff here let it die...
Of course it's FST Staff's duty to keep a close watch on all threads despite the amount of shit that gets posted both in here and the Report Section. </sarcasm>

I spend my whole fucking evening 5 days a week removing shit from the BT sections, responding to reports & tracking possible dupe accounts and you lot gotta bitch that we let a thread die? Yeah, of course we all met on MSN and watched it wither away down the page...

And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return. Do you not think with a more responsible way of looking at things, you and the staff would actually have less work to do?. It isn't rocket science, but it will take a little of extra effort to start with to get the ball moving, ultimately leading to a more respected & respectable forum in the long run, producing less scams & scammers to have to deal with.

And it isn't just about letting a thread die - it's about just totally ignoring the ideas and suggestions that get put forward in favour of some shitty rarity thread kept alive by traders wanting trackers to go up or down depending if they have it or not.

How about a reasonable debate that needs to happen then?

Enlightened
09-30-2007, 09:49 PM

And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return. Do you not think with a more responsible way of looking at things, you and the staff would actually have less work to do?. It isn't rocket science, but it will take a little of extra effort to start with to get the ball moving, ultimately leading to a more respected & respectable forum in the long run, producing less scams & scammers to have to deal with.

And it isn't just about letting a thread die - it's about just totally ignoring the ideas and suggestions that get put forward in favour of some shitty rarity thread kept alive by traders wanting trackers to go up or down depending if they have it or not.

How about a reasonable debate that needs to happen then?

Sarge......I have a suggestion, why don't U take a shot of becoming a staff member here in FST. I beleive a lot of members will definitely "agree" with me.:)
Then maybe we can see more 'productive" changes around here in the Invite section.:D

Chewie
09-30-2007, 10:46 PM
That's not going to happen.

I requested to resign from my position some weeks back and it was refused. That was the second time I had requested it.

FWIW gentlemen, when we were looking at taking on more BT Mods I suggested SgtMajor, it was seconded and then turned down without reason.

I still don't want this fucking shit.

Edit:
That's better.

th0r
09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at being a BitTorrent moderator.

Remi
09-30-2007, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at being a BitTorrent moderator.

Yeah, i bet you would...:D

SgtMajor
09-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Oh dear me, this has had the total opposite effect to what was supposed to be a serious discussion with a plausible outcome that would have or could have been respected by all.

I'm just gobsmacked, ffs I'm lost for words, c'mon chewie - we ain't /that/ bad are we?

Chewie
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Not that bad, SgtMajor?

FST has a threat to wield against scammers and cheaters - do it at FST and you will find a ban request made for the scammed account and your IP/email at all friendly trackers.
Why was I the only one willing to message CRs and visit IRCs to make good on that threat?
Some CR made a post (but not with that CR account) "outing" this policy. What a complete arsehole... I keep CRs informed of these arseholes and get fucked over for it.

Look at the spamming.
There's a sticky outlining posting guidelines and spammers are given infractions. Do they care? Nope. They just carry on bumping and great giveaway-ing because they don't give a fuck.

And then there's your post above.
And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return.Don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't got a clue what goes on in the background here.
PF had been on a self-imposed Moderation Abstention for months before posting his Glorious Retirement Acceptance Speech while one other staffer Middlemanned almost everything in his absence... and we're treated to ignore it and it will go away?

If you're after new blood in the BT sections Moderators, you got it.

Enlightened
09-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Not that bad, SgtMajor?

FST has a threat to wield against scammers and cheaters - do it at FST and you will find a ban request made for the scammed account and your IP/email at all friendly trackers.
Why was I the only one willing to message CRs and visit IRCs to make good on that threat?
Some CR made a post (but not with that CR account) "outing" this policy. What a complete arsehole... I keep CRs informed of these arseholes and get fucked over for it.

Look at the spamming.
There's a sticky outlining posting guidelines and spammers are given infractions. Do they care? Nope. They just carry on bumping and great giveaway-ing because they don't give a fuck.

And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return.Don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't got a clue what goes on in the background here.
PF had been on a self-imposed Moderation Abstention for months before posting his Glorious Retirement Acceptance Speech while one other staffer Middlemanned almost everything in his absence... and we're treated to ignore it and it will go away?

Man........alot of reading, but I am glad is in the "opeN' and what goes on behind the scenes in FST. I have a lot of "Respect" for U now, Chewie...... I always thought U were an ASSH**e......Wow !!.. just open my eyes

Hope I do not get an Infration for saying that, I have enough FST "tickets"
......LOL:01::naughty::01:

psxcite
10-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Freaking politics everwhere you go! Can't we all just steal some warez and get along?

SgtMajor
10-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Not that bad, SgtMajor?

Look at the spamming.

Chewie, maybe we (we as in all of us - not just you & I!) need to have this discussion moved to either the right place, or at least out of this thread?

And I hope that is all that it is - a discussion - and not you thinking I'm having a personal dig at anyone round here, and I sincerely hope you evaluate your position in the cold light of day tomorrow, and re-join us in your former role, god only knows we need more of the experienced & mature MODs tutoring alongside the younger MODs here.

I will personally stand up and say thank you for reporting all scammers and invite sellers to all "friendly" trackers, and I only wish it would be all trackers that took FST more seriously than they do, hence part of my original post, I really would like this to be a BT Invite forum where I can post without fear of retribution or humiliation by tracker staff, christ this forum has a really bad sour name, and I hate it when they commonly refer to here as "them FST wankers" etc, and then I sheepishly ignore that part and not let on I am here, I seriously wish that wasn't the case. And most of that is down to /that/ thread and the incessant trading that goes on trying to reach the pinnacle of /that/ thread collecting every tracker on the way. Which is why it needs re-visiting and possibly & hopefully re-evaluating the way trackers are rated.

As for modding, well we have had very little proper mature modding round here, so the posters get away with murder. Spamming, cursing, going off-topic etc etc are all the norm here, and as you know, I am quite adept at the report post function.

I thank you & skizo for doing an excellent job, and I only hope the BT MODs have took note in how to MOD, but one thing is for sure, they have been noted more for their absence rather than modding abilities, without a good mod presence then chaos will prevail, and posters are not thinking about what they are posting because they know nothing actually happens to them, maybe they (the BT MODs) have been busy with other things & real life etc and they can begin modding here more soon maybe?

And as for what happens in the background, you're right, I do not know what goes on, nor do I need to know, I only go by what goes on in the front room and from what I can see is happening, I don't wish to personalise about who is responsible for doing what, nor should I care, only that it is done in a proper & professional manner, but that has not been the case recently really has it? Only when reported did something happen, rather than pro-active modding and public warnings issued.

I wasn't after any new blood, I wasn't after any blood at all, I only asked if we could all examine the possibility of /that/ thread being redone in a way that diminished the need for trading, that some of our ideas, especially when the overwhelming majority of the posters were in favour of them (ie no account trading), at least be implemented?

I hope that we can continue our discussion in the manner it was meant to be, ie just a discussion about where we are going and what is good about here and not make it about personalities, and I would have hoped there might have been more interjection by other members, but it seems I am alone and therefore actually am in the minority here in wanting things to improve from where they are today?

Skiz
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
We did try, the staff here let it die, we keep on trying different things here, again the staff just ignore it, such as the overwhelming majority of posters here not agreeing or liking account trading - again ignored, eventually we get the message - you like the status quo of the WAIW thread and the incessant trading that follows that thread like a bad smell and this creates the busy nature of these forums that follow it like a bible.

Why not just have a Tracker Review Thread, based on alphabetical naming of the trackers (such as the Tracker Staff thread) with both ratings side-by-side, content (which can be used to offer similar items rather than the one a poster was looking for) and rarity rating (the chances of getting such a tracker don't come easy and you may have to wait your turn).

There are other options of course, but a good discussion involving FST staff, tracker staff and posters who know what they are talking about might help to change the current atmosphere surrounding this forum and /that/ thread!

Just my opening two pence worth of course.

When did anyone try other than Corey? Link? He was the last one to attempt it that I can recall sometime around the start of the year, but admittedly didn’t have the time for it. It wasn’t even something that anyone could really pick up either as it was vastly incomplete.

Granted, this has been talked about to death, but that’s all. No members have ever put a true effort into it. The discussion threads always become some sort of unwarranted FST bash-fest.

Not one moderator who is at all active or knowledgeable in the BT/BT Invites section has the time it requires to maintain a thread of that magnitude after finishing tasks which are priorities - scammer reports, Middleman duties, etc. When those time consuming activities have finished, I earnestly believe what little time DefianceX/Corey/tralalala have should be theirs to enjoy. I’m simply not in favor of putting any more work on their plates. PF did almost no MM duties, but he kept the WIAW thread up-to-date which required him staying up on all the latest goings on.

If the thread is going to be done, done properly, and maintained, we would have ZERO problems sticking it. In fact, send me a PM or find me on MSN and I’ll review it the moment it’s completed, but an FST staff member managing the thread is not something we’re prepared to handle.

Also, saying “the staff here let it die” is bullshit through and through. Couldn’t hardly believe I read that. I know you’re not a member of the ATG, but there have been extensive discussions in there about another ranking system based on content in order to offset the focus on the WIAW thread, with me and sear being the threads biggest advocates. The thread has received an enormous amount of input from FST staff, FST members, and Community Reps alike, but at the end of the day, no one has stepped up and actually done it.

FWIW gentlemen, when we were looking at taking on more BT Mods I suggested SgtMajor, it was seconded and then turned down without reason.

How easily you forget your own comments referring to that particular discussion… If you’d like a refresher, PM me and I’ll quote you as I see you’ve finally taken a step down, but putting it off as you don’t know the reason seems a bit odd. The only time there was no reason given was when the “he” said to PM him for the reason.

(Sorry for being so obtuse SgtMajor, but that’s just how it needs to be. The reason you were removed for consideration can be discussed via MSN or PM, but out of respect I’ll keep that out of the public eye as well.)

And as for what happens in the background, you're right, I do not know what goes on, nor do I need to know, I only go by what goes on in the front room and from what I can see is happening, I don't wish to personalise about who is responsible for doing what, nor should I care, only that it is done in a proper & professional manner, but that has not been the case recently really has it? Only when reported did something happen, rather than pro-active modding and public warnings issued.

You admit to not knowing what goes on and then go right back to criticizing. :dabs:

The amount of moderating that needs to be done in the Invites section is so immense you couldn’t imagine. There is already in incredible amount of moderating that is done in there almost around the clock, but it seems I'm shoveling shit against the tide. Besides, most infractions in that section are rather minor ones such as spamming or bumping. Hardly something that is detrimental to the thread rather than just annoying, well, spam.

I also keep coming back to the idea that raising expectations inevitably raises performance, and in this case, the quality of the experience for everyone, but raising expectations isn’t something that is going to take place overnight.

Strength in numbers is the way to go. Having added mods/staff members has got to help, and time will reveal their effect on the section once they’re implemented. Problem is, we run into walls when looking for those to promote. Most simply don’t have the capacious amount of time that moderating requires. The second issue we have is finding members who don’t have any "dirt" or other issues in their background.

I wanted to reply to some of those issues here, but let's keep this to discussing the rankings issue. FST issues can be handled in the Report section or Everything About the Board.

Chewie
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM

How easily you forget your own comments referring to that particular discussion… If you’d like a refresher, PM me and I’ll quote you as I see you’ve finally taken a step down, but putting it off as you don’t know the reason seems a bit odd. The only time there was no reason given was when the “he” said to PM him for the reason.
I remember the suggestions thread. The question should be why is PM necessary when the thread is in a staff area anyway?
He did come on MSN and mentioned about the reason... which was basically just a generalisation of an issue. When someone says they're giving me a reason for something, I expect specifics. Anything less is an excuse in my book... my kids know this and understand it.

The only possible reason could be his name mentioned as staff at a site that I believe bit the dust soon after. I don't see that as an issue and it wasn't mentioned as the reason anyway.

shazzar
10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Guess we all agree that the current ranking system needs to be changed.I know its not an easy task so i suggest the mod try to appoint somone just for that specific task only. Somone who has the time to provide unbiased and uptodate content information on the trackers.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I remember the suggestions thread. The question should be why is PM necessary when the thread is in a staff area anyway?
He did come on MSN and mentioned about the reason... which was basically just a generalisation of an issue. When someone says they're giving me a reason for something, I expect specifics. Anything less is an excuse in my book... my kids know this and understand it.

The only possible reason could be his name mentioned as staff at a site that I believe bit the dust soon after. I don't see that as an issue and it wasn't mentioned as the reason anyway.

The comment I'm referring to is in a report.

Guess we all agree that the current ranking system needs to be changed.I know its not an easy task so i suggest the mod try to appoint somone just for that specific task only. Somone who has the time to provide unbiased and uptodate content information on the trackers.

The WIAW thread isn't going anywhere. The information is valid and accurate.

What needs to happen is another thread with rankings based on content to offset the WIAW thread and bring some equilibrium to the rankings.

YoYoY
10-01-2007, 12:05 PM
i see it a good idea
torrentleech wil be level 10 :)

Patriot foreve
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
although that the same discussion have been done before but i guess i ahve to say it again

FST staff never turned anyone down regarding another ranking which mainly based on content as this thread has been done before and i did even praised it when a member here did it and offered my assistance incase he needed to ask for anything or discuss something but the thread was a failure because it can't be accepted by alot no one is insane enough to give for example an FTN invite for Torrentleech or SCT invite for Torrent-damage no matter how good the low ranked trackers and also has problems with different invite systems in almost all trackers

This scenario listed above was like you want to compare sunlight to petroleum where wars started because of it and despie both of them are essential but whose willing to give his land filled with petroleum to get sunlight which he can get for free (no offence for mentioned trackers) unless people involved are close friends

The WIAW thread is asking you not to take it to literally besides it have reviews to almost all trackers widely known sothat members can read and try to get the tracker he wants it no matter he trades or not ,It has also a ranking for (content+speed+pretimes) and trackers are ranked there according to supply,demand and members suggestions

you can't just compare abottle of water worth 1$-2$ with Petroleum worth 90$-100$ because they will think you will be nuts if you compare price between both two although both of them are essential

you are saying that WIAW is bad ,well i don't recall me doing magic to make people belive in it worldwide in hundreds of forums but people are using it because they think it has credibility so to make anew system you have to put effort in it and make people belive in it and see that the new system really works but the first step has to come from trackers themselves not from members

ghurka
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Nice to see some honest and outspoken posts here from staff and members alike....despite your differences it seems like most of you agree that the WIAW thread has turned into a monster which needs to be tamed.

I have seen this create a vicious circle of trading. For example a member decides he wants to get into site "X" because it's ranked at level 7 so he gets an invite. He then finds that site "X" doesn't have any better content or speed than all the other sites he's at so rather than waste that account decides to try to trade it for another and so on.

There has to be an alternative to the WIAW thread as this is not working in the way it was intended. It just seems to have generated more account trading and in doing so FST seems to be getting more and more flak from the trackers. Is it simply a coincidence that FSTs reputation started going downhill since that thread was started. Has there been a increase in account trading since that thread started.

I know there's no easy solution but surely the staff, members and community reps can get together and come up with something that will benefit the site.

p1r4t3
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
When did anyone try other than Corey? Link?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-new-wiaw-based-content-215543

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707

Check this out :dabs:

I did give a lot of time to this, granted its incomplete and needs improvement in various aspects. But you obviously seemed to have ignored it .. I ll be happy to pick up the whole thing again and start over, when my semester is complete. or You can give this to someone else who is interested.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
When did anyone try other than Corey? Link?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-new-wiaw-based-content-215543

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-the-new-tracker-ratings-for-non-traders-and-newbies-219707

Check this out :dabs:

I did give a lot of time to this, granted its incomplete and needs improvement in various aspects. But you obviously seemed to have ignored it .. I ll be happy to pick up the whole thing again and start over, when my semester is complete. or You can give this to someone else who is interested.

Those are simply discussion threads.

Show me a thread where someone has done something other than complain about the current rankings and actually created a ranking thread based on content.

No one has. Everyone wants to dis the staff here as if we "let it die" when it never existed in the first place (to my knowledge).

p1r4t3
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Those are simply discussion threads.

Show me a thread where someone has done something other than complain about the current rankings and actually created a ranking thread based on content.

No one has. Everyone wants to dis the staff here as if we "let it die" when it never existed in the first place (to my knowledge).

Check the first page of that thread...

no one is insane enough to give for example an FTN invite for Torrentleech or SCT invite for Torrent-damage no matter how good the low ranked trackers and also has problems with different invite systems in almost all trackers

That is a hardcore trader point of view. Invites are actually meant to be free.. and any such thread would merely serve as a guide for those non traders and newbies. Traders will trade no matter what, and trackers will continue banning them as they are caught....

Skiz
10-01-2007, 01:06 PM

I did already, though it was just another discussion thread.

The last edit to the thread was 6 hours it was made, ffs. It certainly wasn't a valid attempt to initiate a counter to the WIAW thread. :dabs:

p1r4t3
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM

The last edit to the thread was 6 hours it was made, ffs. It certainly wasn't a valid attempt to initiate a counter to the WIAW thread. :dabs:

It was a start and wasnt noticed. The WIAW thread was maintained because it had inputs from various users too. It had the advantage of being a first as well. When I made this thread, the forum was full of traders, as it is today and most of them ignored it over the existing thread.

I eventually gave up over it....and as a result it died. Had it more input and involvement it could have grown into a thread that could counter the wiaw.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM

It was a start and wasnt noticed. The WIAW thread was maintained because it had inputs from various users too. It had the advantage of being a first as well. When I made this thread, the forum was full of traders, as it is today and most of them ignored it over the existing thread.

I eventually gave up over it....and as a result it died. Had it more input and involvement it could have grown into a thread that could counter the wiaw.

You gave up after 6 hours? What did you expect, immediate change? :ermm:

kaffeine
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I've always thought that the WIAW was the main problem here, but I guess the real problem is trading itself. let me explain my point of view.

The WIAW gives a lot of valuable info about trackers. It has a lot of useful reviews on almost every tracker, regarding contents, speed, etc. and not only on rarity. The main problem here is that people read that it shouldn't be taken literal, but do it anyways.

Mods invest most a lot of time (from what i read here) as middleman and catching and reporting scammers. Also, as PF said, nobody would consider the quality of a tracker when trading, only rarity.

IMO, the solution to all of this is to disallow trading. There would be many benefits from this: mods would have less duties regarding mm and scammers would simply go away if they weren't allowed to trade here (=less moding needed in the report section); we (fst) would have a better name as we enforce trackers' rules against trading, and CR wont tell you in their irc that fst is a shitty place or simply disable you for being a member here; etc.

If trading were abolished, we wouldn't have to discuss the need to have another WIAW thread. The one we have is ok, and people have invested great amounts of their time to keep it up to date. The main problem with it is that people use it as a guideline to break trackers' rules (aka trading) instead of a source of info, as they should.

Skiz
10-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I've always thought that the WIAW was the main problem here, but I guess the real problem is trading itself. let me explain my point of view.

The WIAW gives a lot of valuable info about trackers. It has a lot of useful reviews on almost every tracker, regarding contents, speed, etc. and not only on rarity. The main problem here is that people read that it shouldn't be taken literal, but do it anyways.

Mods invest most a lot of time (from what i read here) as middleman and catching and reporting scammers. Also, as PF said, nobody would consider the quality of a tracker when trading, only rarity.

IMO, the solution to all of this is to disallow trading. There would be many benefits from this: mods would have less duties regarding mm and scammers would simply go away if they weren't allowed to trade here (=less moding needed in the report section); we (fst) would have a better name as we enforce trackers' rules against trading, and CR wont tell you in their irc that fst is a shitty place or simply disable you for being a member here; etc.

If trading were abolished, we wouldn't have to discuss the need to have another WIAW thread. The one we have is ok, and people have invested great amounts of their time to keep it up to date. The main problem with it is that people use it as a guideline to break trackers' rules (aka trading) instead of a source of info, as they should.

This attitude of "FST is based on screwing over trackers" really bothers me.

This implies that not only this is our goal, but that we don't give a damn about trackers and their wishes.

Believe it or not, there actually trackers out there who are begrudged since their tracker isn't listed in the WIAW thread. There are even more who have voiced that they could care less what their members do with invites. With that being said, that is why we do not ban trading. What we have done for those trackers who wish that their accounts not be traded, we have offered all of them who are Community Reps to report any thread which involves accounts from their tracker being traded, and we will stop the trades. Simple as that. No catch. Fact is, only a couple choose to do so.

As for the content rankings and why there isn't one - what have you (Joe Public) done to foster this idea of a content based "WIAW" style thread since it appears to be important to you? What is first in our minds is FST. Making sure the forum is still a good source of help for it's users. Keeping it that way is important. Thanks to the efforts of many, it enjoys a good reputation overall and is regarded favorably by most who participate. Changing the rules overnight to suit the needs of others, all the while going against the tide is not the way to do things. We do want to get to some common ground, but sudden radical changes is far from an ideal method.

Let's face facts here - if we stopped allowing all trading tomorrow, those traders would simply go to another one of many forums which have directly copied the WIAW thread and trading would continue as usual. I think that's a given. The proper way to induce change is to show them a better method.

kaffeine
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
This attitude of "FST is based on screwing over trackers" really bothers me.

This implies that not only this is our goal, but that we don't give a damn about trackers and their wishes.

Believe it or not, there actually trackers out there who are begrudged since their tracker isn't listed in the WIAW thread. There are even more who have voiced that they could care less what their members do with invites. With that being said, that is why we do not ban trading. What we have done for those trackers who wish that their accounts not be traded, we have offered all of them who are Community Reps to report any thread which involves accounts from their tracker being traded, and we will stop the trades. Simple as that. No catch. Fact is, only a couple choose to do so.

As for the content rankings and why there isn't one - what have you (Joe Public) done to foster this idea of a content based "WIAW" style thread since it appears to be important to you? What is first in our minds is FST. Making sure the forum is still a good source of help for it's users. Keeping it that way is important. Thanks to the efforts of many, it enjoys a good reputation overall and is regarded favorably by most who participate. Changing the rules overnight to suit the needs of others, all the while going against the tide is not the way to do things. We do want to get to some common ground, but sudden radical changes is far from an ideal method.

Let's face facts here - if we stopped allowing all trading tomorrow, those traders would simply go to another one of many forums which have directly copied the WIAW thread and trading would continue as usual. I think that's a given. The proper way to induce change is to show them a better method.
Regarding FST rep, I don't know if you're referring to me specifically or in general. I just commented on that point based on many threads i've read about this.

I love FST. what really bothers me is to hear this attitude from other people and some CR in some irc channels and other forums towards FST, and would like to see a change in the attitude towards FST from external sources, but as you say, a drastic change is not the way either.

As some have said here, little we know what's happening in the background. I've never said the mod's work being done here is bad or suggested so. And it's good to know some measures are taken to protect tracker's wishes to disallow specific trades (too bad it gives an overhead to mod's work)

I believe that another WIAW is not necessary if taken the right steps against trading. But seeing this is not happening anytime soon (for the reasons you state), I guess you're right in that should be another content like WIAW thread, it would had to be created and maintained by all of us, and not just put it in mods hands.

If trading were disallowed at FST, traders and scammers doing it elsewhere wouldn't be our problem, it would be the other forums'.

But I guess the most important point is your last sentence, as this is a problem of education and values: "show them a better method" :yup:

kirktrix
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry for my bad english:

Just an opinion....I've been here for almost 7 months and there is a lot of change in that span of time..
Members here are now separated by two opinions anti trading account and pro. we have now many members that don't want to trade.and rep points are now not reliable..
Many trackers are now limiting the giveaways and trading of their invites...

I remember last time that someone suggest to have a different section for trading and freebies... if you want to have another WIAW thread maybe it's time to consider this suggestion..

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-i-think-we-must-make-section-giving-invites-free-177374

It is just an opinion... I know it's a very hard work but maybe this will help changing some problems here in FST.... Thank you.

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
i cannot read the link, but i would love a section for non traders.
i made pretty good experiences with non trading forums when it comes to invites.

kaffeine
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM

There is, it the ATG, but you have to be invited or recommended (so I've heard, i'm not there myself, but would like to someday)

wildbytes
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
really i dont think you could ever fixs the ranking system, and i say this because traders and invite traders us the ranking the wrong way..

I watch the invite section alot and 1 thing i have seen is some of the same guys trading invites and accounts for the same sites. 1 guy in 1 week for 2 accounts at the same site. Not sure if he was going to use it to trade for something else and keep 1 or if he was keeping both accounts because he is a huge leech and knows 1 will get banned or is a known cheater and knows it will get banned. This is the main reason everyone watches this site and bans many users from here. This site getting worse name every day because of what goes on here.

Wild

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 05:01 PM

There is, it the ATG, but you have to be invited or recommended (so I've heard, i'm not there myself, but would like to someday)

what is atg? could you please explain this?

Skiz
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM

what is atg? could you please explain this?

ATG = Anti-Trade Group

ATG Basics

Those with access to this section agree NOT to trade anywhere.

This way those that share invites won't have to worry as much about giving to those which do. It's annoying to share invites and find its been traded later on. Some choose not to share their invites for just those reasons. The goal of this section is to bring together a small group of members that can trust each other in a private atmosphere. Community Reps will have access to ATG also.

ATG Rules

This section is for active members that DO NOT trade anywhere.
DO NOT requests invites for sites your already a member of.
DO NOT trade invites you get from members in this section.
If found trading or attempting to, ATG access will be REMOVED.
DO NOT give the account to another member anywhere.
Discuss anything BT related in here also including light chat.
Threads that could be posted in the regular sections should be.
This way the ATG section doesn't take away from other sections.If you have access to this section, you've agreed NOT to trade anywhere.
If you plan to trade in ANY form request your access be removed NOW.

Polarbear
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
thank you. this sounds good to me. is this a part of the invites forum? and how does one get access?

sear
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
TBH this is really depressing I would love to see a new WIAW thread based on content, and like Skizo said when we discussed this in the ATG a lot of good ideas where thrown around. But it all comes down to workload. IMHO the new thread really needs to be maintained by a mod, but the problem we face is none of the mods have enough time to do this. Even finding a member with enough free time will be tough.

I know this will not be popular but the best solution as I can see it is reorganise the WIAW thread. It's been mentioned once before in this thread and I think that might be the best bet. Make the rankings side by side in an alphabetical list. It's also important the rankings are even IE: rarity = 1-10 Content = 1-10

I truly believe that this would go a long way to helping overcome the addiction to acquiring the rarest trackers.

As for creating a new thread well it would be great but just don't see who can do it. I know I can't. I as many of the older and more experienced members here have a life and balancing it with torrenting/forums is tough as it is. But any such thread will require an experienced person in the BT world to maintain it. So it looks like we're stuck in a catch 22 :idunno:

P.S. Chewie I for one am sad to see you step down. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here but your influence will be missed.

RealitY
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
The WIAW thread was originally conceived to be an indication of how hard it is to acquire an invite to each listed tracker.
Think the thread was originally created so members wouldnt post threads like TL for ScT since members would attack those who had. Thought it was intended so n00bs getting into the section would have a fair gauge of what was worth what. The thread got better when adding rating based on content and speed and the reviews were a good addition also. At this point it has a bit of everything and those reading it get what they want out of it.

Granted its structure goes back to its original creation ranking rarity and could be rethought now. As for creating a new thread to balance it the WTAW (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t--trackers-worth--142717) thread is the best Ive read. Though the thread starter didnt have time to complete or maintain it apparently. We have no issue to pin such a thread or possibly restructure the WIAW (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446) thread if done right...

Chewie
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM

The comment I'm referring to is in a report.
In the one I'm thinking of I replied something like, "Godammit I had SgtMajor down as Mod material".

SgtMajor
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Need some ideas, and if approved by all, then I will take on the monster job of creating a new or modified list of trackers, and I would hope that we could remove the word "worth" or "ranking" as that creates a trading commodity value.

Let's deal with reality, there is no way we can remove the trading that goes on, the best we can do is manage it to the best our abilities.

Most know I've a chequered history, but that was down to ignorance and me being the nosey & inquisitive person that I am, and for that I publicly apologise to those tracker staff that were and are offended by this, and it is only by having the knowledge to know better have I done something to amend this.

Right, down to the nitty gritty of the task in hand, what direction to take?

How about an alphabetical list of trackers based on the current WAIW thread to start us off, which will have a content rating followed by a rarity rating, and if people want to trade invites/accounts, then they can do so based on whatever criteria they need, content, rarity or type of tracker?

This would (might?) remove the pyramid scheme of striving to reach the top by trading more & more lesser “valued” trackers, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but in time? (perhaps!)

So we start off by reorganising into alphabetical, followed by another section of trackers by content, such as:

Para 1:

All Trackers Alpha as per WAIW thread with content & rarity alongside each other

Then further broken down into:

Para 2:

0day:

ScT
TL

DVDMovie

TDV
SweDVDR

TV

BitmeTV
UK-Nova

Audio

Oink
Pedros

Country Specific:

Hungarian:

NCore
Bh

Portuguese:

EvoPT

Etc, etc.

Many trackers will be listed more than once, but it will help to show posters & users more info if they are looking for a certain type of tracker and how easy/hard it is to get such a tracker, either by free or by offering something of equal status in return.

Well, that is my opening gambit, what are your thoughts on this please?

Kyl3KK
10-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I think you should go ahead and do that.

sear
10-01-2007, 10:26 PM
@SgtMajor, I think that you should just use the categories to save duplication. Any trackers that don't fit into 0-day/TV/Music ect can be put in a general category. That way you'll be covering all bases.

In fact I think RealitY is right Corey's thread is the best I've seen maybe it can be handed over to you or you could base your's on it.

Night0wl
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I think it should be done by genre and then Alphabetically

0-Day, Movies, TV, Music, Foreign etc.
They will still be listed several times

I tried taking the code for PF's WIAW thread and starting some changes, but it takes a long time and I simply don't have time. But by using that thread, you will still be able to keep the links to reviews etc.

AugustoP
10-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I think creating a list with best trackers in each category will reduce the number of identical "Where do I get ... ?" threads.
I've put together a list of well-known trackers, feel free to check it using the spoiler link or edit it here http://pastebin.ca/722340
Questionmarks mean I'm not sure or just don't know.

Music and related
-----------------
oink.cd - all genres, scene and user rips, lossless
btmusic.eu - lossless only, biased towards rock, jazz and classic
e**** - lossless only, high quality rips, genres???
stmusic - scene only
vipmusic - scene only, discography packs and collections
trancetraffic - trance and techno
tranceroute - ???
elektronik.ro - ???
metal.iplay.ro - ???
music-vids - music videos i guess ???
kraytracker - punk AFAIR ???
indietorrents - music released by non-RIAA labels

Movies
------
karagarga - art house, classics, some obscure music.
cinematik - art house, classics, b-movies
cinema-obscura - art house, b-movies, mostly xvid
hdbits - movies and TV episodes in 720p+, season packs, original BRs and HD-DVDs,
bit-hdtv - movies, TV episodes and music videos in 720p+, also a small section with multichannel/HD music ???
scenehd - scene only x264 rips
swebits - mainstream PAL DVDRs, i guess scene only
thedvdclub - mainstream DVDRs, both scene DVD5 and user ripped DVD9s
swedvdr - PAL DVDRs ???
pisexy - DVDR ???
bithq - DVDR ???
wild-bytes - has a small DVD9 section
asiandvdclub - DVDR ???

0day (here you'll find everything that's released by scene groups)
------------------------------------------------------------------
SCC - very good pretimes and speeds, kinda hard to seed
torrentleech - easy to seed
revolutiontt - some packs available
FTN - best overall pretimes, no ratio
scenetorrents - insane speeds, very hard to seed, packs
polishtracker.org - very??? good pretimes, lots of free leech torrents, good speeds, has english section at forums

Games
-----
blackcats-games - games for all platforms, pretimes are kinda bad, requests, no invites atm
undergroubd-gamer - games for old platforms (arcade, sega genesis etc), very good game packs and nice community
wiitorrents - ???
bitgamer - ???

TV
--
thebox.bz - British TV only
uknova - British TV, only commercially unavailable stuff
bitmetv - all kinds of TV shows, some DVDRS and x264
tvtorrents - all kinds of TV shows, only xvid ???, stupid ratio system

Specialty
---------
proaudiotorrents.org - pro audio software, sample libraries etc
audionews.ru - pro audio software ???
gfxnews.ru - 3d and video software and stock libraties i guess ???
brokenstones.cn - mac software
oink.cd - audio software, mac software

Learning/Reference material/Books
---------------------------------
bitme - general elearning, guides, tutorial software and ebooks
thevault.bz - "get rich quick" stuff
theplace.bz - seduction and NLP books and guides ???
bitspyder - i was deleted for inactivity so i kinda hate them
oink.cd - some ebooks, audiobooks, lots of comics

Animation
---------
myspleen.net - ???

pECi
10-02-2007, 12:21 AM
hard to guess what kind of torrents are on metal.iplay.ro :shifty:

Skiz
10-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Just so everyone knows, I've been working relentlessly on a thread called What Tracker Are Worth [Content/Speed/Pretimes Ratings]

I'll post it once its complete, but I will not retain ownership of it due to time constraints.

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I'll do it, I really have nothing better to do. :)

sear
10-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Just so everyone knows, I've been working relentlessly on a thread called What Tracker Are Worth [Content/Speed/Pretimes Ratings]

I'll post it once its complete, but I will not retain ownership of it due to time constraints.

Good stuff m8 :happy:

SgtMajor
10-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Nice one skizo, you might have saved me a lot of time & effort already there! :)

Maybe it could then be possible to combine the two threads into a single workable item that can then be taken forward as a starting point for future reference?

Will you be using the same code as PFs thread?

G-Force
10-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Sounds good skizo.

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 02:14 AM
I'll post it once its complete
The list should be as short as possible but should include all major trackers. No one is gonna read a long list.

Skiz
10-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Nice one skizo, you might have saved me a lot of time & effort already there! :)

Maybe it could then be possible to combine the two threads into a single workable item that can then be taken forward as a starting point for future reference?

Will you be using the same code as PFs thread?

Yes, I am using the same coding a PF's WIAW thread. I thought about starting from scratch, but I figured, 1) Everyone is already familiar with the layout of that thread, and 2) Creating a thread with a similar look will hopefully, in time, induce a feeling of equality between the two threads.

This is what has been done thus far..... obviously still very rough.

Not sure what to do with 1 - 4 tho'... :unsure:

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6595/wtawtk9.th.png (http://img471.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtawtk9.png)

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 03:42 AM
Very nice! If you want someone to maintain it, seriously I'd do it if I could edit it (I don't think I can since it would be your thread and I'm not a mod)

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 03:44 AM

I'm not sure if the scale from 1 to 10 is needed. Four grades are just enough - awful, mediocre, good, excellent. List should give a basic idea, let people figure out the rest. Integral rating could never be that precise anyway.

G-Force
10-02-2007, 03:46 AM
That looks great skizo, i think this thread will really change the attitude of FST around, i remember when i first started here it seemed to be a lot more relaxed and giving, the WIAW thread did a lot more bad that good IMO, but i think this will really help FST members understand that rare does not always equal good.

I look forward to seeing this completed.

SgtMajor
10-02-2007, 03:49 AM

I'm not sure if the range from 1 to 10 is needed. Four grades are just enough - awful, mediocre, good, excellent. List should give a basic idea, let people figure out the rest.

mmmm, I'm hedging towards that, the more I read it - the more I think it might work.

Don't like awful though, I don't think we should be that harsh? say "below mediocre"?

I could edit it afterwards to include the rarity rating in bold black, which shows how hard it could be in obtaining that tracker from that level?

I see it as a work in progress, a very good one at that?

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 04:00 AM
mmmm, I'm hedging towards that, the more I read it - the more I think it might work.

Don't like awful though, I don't think we should be that harsh? say "below mediocre"?

I could edit it afterwards to include the rarity rating in bold black, which shows how hard it could be in obtaining that tracker from that level?

I see it as a work in progress, a very good one at that?

Let's be fair and call bad trackers bad. No one cares about bad trackers anyway.

No categories means that list is not that useful as a reference for new users. People don't look for "just good" trackers, they look for good anime trackers, good software trackers etc. So I suggest breaking the list into categories and using multiple entries for trackers. "Sports" and "XXX" should be added to my list, I can't think of anything else.

Skiz
10-02-2007, 04:04 AM
I like that idea too, but not with names. We could just got back to 5 levels. The WIAW had 5 levels for a long time.

G-Force
10-02-2007, 04:07 AM
I think 5 would be good, its not to many but it is enough to easily distinguish the good from bad without getting complicated.

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 04:10 AM
I like that idea too, but not with names. We could just got back to 5 levels. The WIAW had 5 levels for a long time.

Even ten levels are not enough for WIAW %)
But all levels fall into four categories - easy to get (TL), kinda hard to get (Oink, at least at FST), hard to get (BitmeTV, TT) almost impossible to get (FTN).

Skiz
10-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Thinking a bit more on this, may leave it at 10 for now and see how it goes. Thinking 5 might work simply because the tracker rankings in this thread won't move around as much as the other.

Spent almost 3 hours on this already, so not going to change it without even giving it a go for a month or so.

Have teamed up with another member who will most likely take control of the thread once its completed. Hopefully it'll be done by Wednesday afternoon for everyone to see. :)

Still open to ideas though....

SgtMajor
10-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Let's be fair and call bad trackers bad. No one cares about bad trackers anyway.

No categories means that list is not that useful as a reference for new users. People don't look for "just good" trackers, they look for good anime trackers, good software trackers etc. So I suggest breaking the list into categories and using multiple entries for trackers. "Sports" and "XXX" should be added to my list, I can't think of anything else.

I agree with that, I've always been consistent in that, it will take some effort I know, but once it is achieved, trackers will not move category that often, just a matter of keeping an eye on things.

sear
10-02-2007, 04:34 AM
good job skiz, I agree that 1-10 is best but more because of the fact that the WAIW thread is like that and I reckon in order to provide a proper alternative it has to have a similar feel. I'm stoked to see this is taking off :D I can see a lot of good debate over what belongs where :P

EDIT:
+1 for the categories. Splitting it up into 0-day, music, tv ect will make it more usable.

jr56
10-02-2007, 05:31 AM
I must say both AugustoP's and Skizo's proposed methods of classifying the trackers have their respective merits.

Personally i think the best would be a combination of AugustoP's listing by genre and Skizo's listing by level OR rating (why use both? the WIAW thread used both since level is for rarity and rating is for content/pretime/speed but using both for the new proposed thread is completely useless)

I propose something like this:

By genre/rating

FTN [10] - best overall pretimes, no ratio

SCT [10] - insane speeds, very hard to seed, packs

SCC [9] - very good pretimes and speeds, kinda hard to seed

TL [9] - easy to seed

RevTT [8] - some packs available

PT [8] - very??? good pretimes, lots of free leech torrents, good speeds, has english section at forums

By genre/level

Level 10

SCT - insane speeds, very hard to seed, packs

Level 9

TL - easy to seed

Level 8

RevTT - some packs available

PT - very??? good pretimes, lots of free leech torrents, good speeds, has english section at forums

If it's going to be done by genre i request an XXX section!!! :naughty:

Skiz
10-02-2007, 05:34 AM
The color coding already does that.

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Like someone will bother reading the legend.
I think the whole point of such list is a quick introduction to torrent scene so ease of use should be a priority.

Chewie
10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I think the whole point of such list is a quick introduction to torrent scene so ease of use should be a priority.That's an excellent argument for splitting into levels and colour-coding for content.

Skizo, you've done an excellent job. I think it works just fine as it is in the screenie.
I presume the site names link to the reviews in WIAW.
Will the thread be pruned of old posts?

Skiz
10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I think the whole point of such list is a quick introduction to torrent scene so ease of use should be a priority.

Since some noobs won't read the legend, I should go with an entirely different format to suit their lazy butts? How does that fit into any reasonable debate?

I think the whole point of such list is a quick introduction to torrent scene so ease of use should be a priority.That's an excellent argument for splitting into levels and colour-coding for content.

Skizo, you've done an excellent job. I think it works just fine as it is in the screenie.
I presume the site names link to the reviews in WIAW.
Will the thread be pruned of old posts?

Yes, the site name will link to the WIAW thread reviews.

As for pruning, do you mean the WIAW? If so, we actually can't, due to all the links. Pruning changes the post counts and throws everything out of whack.

Patriot foreve
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
i see you have done agood job skizo but how exactly this is different from the current thread ,all i can see is just it's has swapped places with same layout and forum ,we already have content ranking besides current reviews is agreat way for everyone one to have their decidion about the sites they want

besides to be honest i see it pretty confusing to search for example for level 2 content trackers then try to search the whole page for equal raity for the one i wanted to be able to fulfill a succsessful exchange

i would recommend that the new thread is to be done alone and don't have rarity rating and can be sticked and it should have adifferent layout ,i remember Corey's thread was nice but what i can see is nothing different than the current WIAW thread

Night0wl
10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
besides to be honest i see it pretty confusing to search for example for level 2 content trackers then try to search the whole page for equal raity for the one i wanted to be able to fulfill a succsessful exchange

Exactly. This is not meant to be for making trades, so if you can't see how it can be used for trades, then skizo succeeded :)

Although I would be much more for a list by genre, than speed/content/pretime

When it comes to non-scene stuff, most people couldn't care less whether they get a DVD-movie or FLAC-album from 1999 at 1MB/s or 25KB/s as long as they get it. On the other hand they would like to know where they can find movies/music, they don't have access to already.

I think the list concentrates too much on 0-day

Using color-coding will not tell people in any way what each site is about, meaning they will have to click on several reviews or ask.

Another thing is foreign trackers. I have seen dosens of times people getting invited to trackers and then afterwards going "This sucks, I can't make it english layout"

Mello23
10-02-2007, 09:25 PM
how can it be i strongly refuse this

what ll we get from this i see that this ranking system is perfect and give more details

how it will be when i find ftn and tl for exp. at the same lvl
\
i can t just believe this

taba
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I must say both AugustoP's and Skizo's proposed methods of classifying the trackers have their respective merits.

Personally i think the best would be a combination of AugustoP's listing by genre and Skizo's listing by level OR rating (why use both? the WIAW thread used both since level is for rarity and rating is for content/pretime/speed but using both for the new proposed thread is completely useless)

By genre/rating

TL [9] - easy to seed

PT [8] - very??? good pretimes, lots of free leech torrents, good speeds, has english section at forums

By genre/level

Level 10

Level 9

TL - easy to seed

Level 8

PT - very??? good pretimes, lots of free leech torrents, good speeds, has english section at forums

wat is that crap supposed to mean
all wat u said is found in the already done ranking and in the reviews ...all wat u want to do is to convince the noobs that TL equals sct and ftn
and that is crazy
tradin is all about rarity u want to believe or not it is all ur problem
u want some anti trade so say it in public and dont manipulate like that

Mello23
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
only WIAW is valid we just can t go on other rules

sear
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM
all wat u said is found in the already done ranking and in the reviews ...all wat u want to do is to convince the noobs that TL equals sct and ftn
and that is crazy

you're missing the point it's not for trading :O yes that's right it's not all about trading.

what ll we get from this i see that this ranking system is perfect and give more details

\

thanks for that :dabs:

seriously you must be joking right, rules, m8 this is one of the saddest posts I've ever seen. How about just deciding what you want (which is what this guide is meant to help you do if you don't know much about torrents) instead of collecting.

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Can you people even read? This is a DIFFERENT list in terms of Content/Speed/Pretimes and NOT rarity.

th0r
10-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't really been reading this thread, but I hope that the rarity aspect of that jumbled and misinforming thread will be abolished, or at least reconsidered.

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Besides, this list should make all you level whores feel good! It puts the less rare trackers way up on that list :)

This was sarcasm directed to those guys that can't read.

kaffeine
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
:lol: this is the best post in here.. you really made me laugh lol

\
..sigh..:rolleyes:

Although I would be much more for a list by genre, than speed/content/pretime
(...)
Another thing is foreign trackers. I have seen dosens of times people getting invited to trackers and then afterwards going "This sucks, I can't make it english layout"
I also think that arranging the list by genre is more useful, and then, inside each genre, by quality.

And also agree with you on the foreign trackers. It's very sad to see someone complaining about 'how shitty' the tracker is because he didn't know anything about it and only got it because of its rarity.

Night0wl
10-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I was thinking along the lines of this:

Edit: FST somehow insists my html is a doc???

AugustoP
10-02-2007, 11:09 PM
And also agree with you on the foreign trackers. It's very sad to see someone complaining about 'how shitty' the tracker is because he didn't know anything about it and only got it because of its rarity.

It's a good thing. Those traders probably spent lots of time and effort to get there just to find they're not interested in content. Maybe they'll be smarter next time. I guess native users can get invite without any trouble.

pECi
10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
and that is crazy

1. it is not crap
2. for download purposes TL is better than FTN, for the community it's not but how many regular users signup to a torrent tracker to chat...not many imo, am not trashing FTN it's one of the greatest trackers in the world but u people should get a hold of yourselves

for people with dsl or a poor connection TL is way better than sct coz they can keep a ratio...the average joe who wants to download a movie and doesn't have atleast 5-10 mbps half an hour delay doesn't count, for busy people that don't have the time to check the tracker every 5 minutes or so neither

i hope u got my drift...so tired about the i want it because it's rare attitude

Chewie
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Everybody make room, it looks like the Veteran Traders have come out to play...

besides to be honest i see it pretty confusing to search for example for level 2 content trackers then try to search the whole page for equal raity for the one i wanted to be able to fulfill a succsessful exchangePF, if you don't understand the concept of a list that informs readers of trackers' real worth instead of how hard it is to gain membership, why don't you just say that?

and that is crazy
u want some anti trade so say it in public and dont manipulate like thatWhat you mean to say is that trading is based on rarity for you.
Many members here have expressed their disdain that the WIAW thread rates trackers with less content and slower speeds higher than others with more content and faster speeds, purely because one is harder to get an account on than another.
You can't expect everyone to think the same way you do merely because you're only after the kudos that comes with a level 10 account.

I'm sorry if you find English difficult to read so I'll say that again in your native tongue...

u r only thinkin of da respec dat u get wiv an acc frm da top o da wiaw list.
dat makes u a moron.

I even typed it with your favourite crayon, too.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Chewie is funny. :)

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
<humour snipped>

kunny funt :lol:

Something Else
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
<humour snipped>

kunny funt :lol:
:glag:

Nothing is gonna please everyone, so 2 separte threads is a sensible option :whistling

Night0wl
10-03-2007, 12:27 AM
OMG!!! I never realized that someone making a list based on content would make the hardcore traders humongous E-penises crumble and fall of.

Have you guys no compassion. I mean you will turn their entire world upside down. They may go into severe manic depression if you go through with this!!!

G-Force
10-03-2007, 12:36 AM
It shits me how traders have brought this site down so much, and what annoys me even more is they have forced a lot of people away due to frustration, some who i had become great friends with over the last 2 years.

This really is a step in the right direction. There is another Invite trader webpage which has basically taken this approach and has cut out all trading.

Please do not PM me asking what this other site is as it can not be mentioned here, not even via PM.

Patriot foreve
10-03-2007, 01:04 AM
what i can really see is bunch of Anti-Traders who wanna things tehre way no matter what it can be applied or not

your are going to put for example TL in same league with FTN and ofc it's impossible that someone will exchange his FTN invite for a TL due to the difefrence and strict in the invites systems of both trackers even if they both have nearly same content or speeds

your are dreaming if you think that someone who got an invite to SCT for example will exchange it for arenabg which is open signups as this makes no sense

you wanna a reliable thread then make athread for content like Corey's old one and it can be used as arefernce although i think current reviews is already covering that but it can be more detailed and then we will see how it will be doing but trying to decieve some members by putting TL with FTN where you know that no one will follow that and just create more chaos in here while the main reason is to simply create problems for those who want to exchange their invites with otheres where they can makeup their mind by using the content ranking and the reviews

you know what i really like about Anti-Traders is that they are pretty organized and reply as whole especially those whose part of some groups and i really admire that allowing you to present your strategy in a solid way while most members won't really care about such threads

taba
10-03-2007, 01:09 AM
and that is crazy

1. it is not crap
2. for download purposes TL is better than FTN, for the community it's not but how many regular users signup to a torrent tracker to chat...not many imo, am not trashing FTN it's one of the greatest trackers in the world but u people should get a hold of yourselves

for people with dsl or a poor connection TL is way better than sct coz they can keep a ratio...the average joe who wants to download a movie and doesn't have atleast 5-10 mbps half an hour delay doesn't count, for busy people that don't have the time to check the tracker every 5 minutes or so neither

i hope u got my drift...so tired about the i want it because it's rare attitude

i dont mean the idea is crap
i mean the idea of making another topic with that system is bullshit.... the consederation ofthe content is already taken as a way of ranking just
* Trackers now have ratings from 1 to 10 in the [#] tags.
* This is based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times.

also gender is taken just read the wiaw guide and u will get it
any othe info u want u will find it in the tracker review and if u want to add somethin just pm the review maker or a mod and he will edit it if it is worthy (like my review about NB they added IRC)
so now our own FSTers topic that was made our own posts and ideas for more than a year is perfect
u want to add somethin to it share us the idea but we will not replace it with already predone ideas given by some new noobs or antitraders
btw check my profile am 5m away from my last trade but i will never sell my soul like some did and do now trien to ruin this place
and they say we want to clean it.........after 2m here and he says i wanna clean it:frusty: just take a look who is the junk here

G-Force
10-03-2007, 01:16 AM
i remember the days when FTN was possible to obtain with TL simply because you earned trust and made friends.

*sigh*

Patriot foreve
10-03-2007, 01:19 AM
i dont mean the idea is crap
i mean the idea of making another topic with that system is bullshit.... the consederation ofthe content is already taken as a way of ranking just
* Trackers now have ratings from 1 to 10 in the [#] tags.
* This is based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times.

also gender is taken just read the wiaw guide and u will get it
any othe info u want u will find it in the tracker review and if u want to add somethin just pm the review maker or a mod and he will edit it if it is worthy (like my review about NB they added IRC)
so now our own FSTers topic that was made our own posts and ideas for more than a year is perfect
u want to add somethin to it share us the idea but we will not replace it with already predone ideas given by some new noobs or antitraders
btw check my profile am 5m away from my last trade but i will never sell my soul like some did and do now trien to ruin this place
and they say we want to clean it.........after 2m here and he says i wanna clean it:frusty: just take a look who is the junk here

i couldn't agree more ,The new system is pure crap if its' done that way because some Anti-Traders think that they are more superior to others ,i have already retired and i could personally care less but the system you have in mind is just what i can call insanity so i am standing against it unless you have some good ideas to talk about but re-inventing asystem which is afailure and main purpose only to create confusion to various members regarding their memberships of some trackers is non-sense

th0r
10-03-2007, 01:21 AM
i remember the days when FTN was possible to obtain because you earned trust and made friends.

That technique is still possible even nowadays.

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Not again this thread become anti and pro traders Thread...

Until we do not implement it we can't see the outcome. I suggest that lets try the new ranking system and see what will happen. All of us want to change what is happening now, so why not try some ideas that might help obtaining it....:)

Sawyer2020
10-03-2007, 01:49 AM

By genre/rating

TL [9] - easy to seed

By genre/level

Level 10

Level 9

TL - easy to seed

Level 8

and that is crazy

so true you want to take it or leave it
it wont change how its
its all about rarity it was that and will be that forever
so dont bother try change it

sear
10-03-2007, 01:53 AM
i remember the days when FTN was possible to obtain because you earned trust and made friends.

That technique is still possible even nowadays.

bat FTN iz rair :ph34r:

look guys I can see that a lot of people are threatened by the talk of the new ratings thread (not what invites are worth thanks) but really if you don't like it don't participate pretty simple really ;)

EDIT:

btw it's not all about rarity FFS it's about content/community who gives a stuff how rare a tracker is.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 02:00 AM
I think it should either merge with the existing WIAW thread, in a completely seperate section of it, and have the thread renamed, OR, a completely different thread.

And sear is right, NO ONE is going to trade FTN for TL, BUT, this isn't a list about rarity at all.

And again, I'd gladly maintain it. :)

kaoblanco
10-03-2007, 02:11 AM
"Retired trader" self-horn-tooter mostly de facto equals "I crawled my way up the top of the pile before you got here, so to hell with today's plebs" mentality.

I'm neither overly pro nor anti-trader, I'm simply satisfied with where I am and have a mostly clean conscience about how I got here. Having said that, my favorite and most used trackers rank 3, 4 and 6 in the WIAW thread though I have a number of much higher ranked trackers.

briand5379
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm pretty sure this list wasn't created to increase invite trading so it should be it's own seperate entity. I like others prefer a list where unessential things like rarity can be taken out and the tracker can be judged for it's true worth with things like content and speed.

Gish
10-03-2007, 03:53 AM
So I guess the anti-traders are the democrats and the pro-traders are the republicans...LOL
I guess I'm a independent:)
It seems clear that ever since the WIAW Thread came about many people are out for the highest bider and that sickens me.

should we ban trading..no
there are ways to trade that don't involve this cut neck mentality.

before this WIAW thread it was easy for me to climb the ladder and to get better and better sites.
now a days I believe it is harder because people read WIAW like it's the fucking bible.
the solution is simple. Revamp the WIAW thread like skizo's example! pure and simple.
not for anti-traders. Not for pro-traders but because it would improve not only the invites section but the community.

spark
10-03-2007, 04:04 AM
We have to assassinate Patriot foreve :)

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 04:10 AM
So I guess the anti-traders are the democrats and the pro-traders are the republicans...LOL
I guess I'm a independent:)
It seems clear that ever since the WIAW Thread came about many people are out for the highest bider and that sickens me.

should we ban trading..no
there are ways to trade that don't involve this cut neck mentality.

before this WIAW thread it was easy for me to climb the ladder and to get better and better sites.
now a days I believe it is harder because people read WIAW like it's the fucking bible.
the solution is simple. Revamp the WIAW thread like skizo's example! pure and simple.
not for anti-traders. Not for pro-traders but because it would improve not only the invites section but the community.

Amen bro.

No-one is out to ban trading, it just ain't going to happen. But what we can do is change perception of trackers and help users to get what they want/need based on a new philosophy. Like the oil tanker turning round, it is going to take a long time, nothing is going to change overnight.

The WAIW thread was prob done with good intentions, for which I applaud PF for putting all the effort into it, but it has created a monster, and that monster has had its day, it needs revamping to go into a new direction.

We all know no-one is going to trade a TL for an FTN, and the rarity of a tracker can stay, my idea is to incorporate it into the current thread as a bold black number, what we are aiming to do is to remove the pyramid scheme of trading for trading sake just to reach the top, with that removed, people can carry on trading if they wish, just that there will be no easily viewable pyramid to strive to climb.

The WIAW was the very first attempt to even out things, maybe it is now time just to have a look at other options and other ways to present things?

Skiz
10-03-2007, 04:17 AM

That's precisely the problem. You n00bs take the list as gospel. :dabs:

OMG!!! I never realized that someone making a list based on content would make the hardcore traders humongous E-penises crumble and fall of.

Have you guys no compassion. I mean you will turn their entire world upside down. They may go into severe manic depression if you go through with this!!!

Don't tease me. :P

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 04:29 AM
I don't know why some traders don't want to implement this new ranking system.. This will not affect them and also this is not for trading purposes. This new ranking system will just give some newbie and maybe also old members another perspective what really the tracker is, based on content/Speed/Categories.:)

Skiz
10-03-2007, 05:16 AM
You guys are going to love this thing when I'm done. I've completely abandoned the original attempt and have this crazy hybrid thread going..... freakin tons of work though. :wacko:

taba
10-03-2007, 05:21 AM
I don't know why some traders don't want to implement this new ranking system.. This will not affect them and also this is not for trading purposes. This new ranking system will just give some newbie and maybe also old members another perspective what really the tracker is, based on content/Speed/Categories.:)

u still sayin the same words ...so i will say my words again
wat is the damn point to b added if we make another thread about that new bluffy ranking while the already written wiaw thread have
u just read the guide look at the reviews made by TRADERS and u will get that all content/Speed/Categories no review ever hasnt commented on such points

WHY TO MAKE A NEW THREAD WITH THE SAME IDEAS ALREADY DONE AGES AGO? by ppl certainly older more experties and more loyal to the community here

sear
10-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Typing in bigger and even more colourful fonts doesn't make it true ;)

A lot of hard work has gone into the WAIW thread no one is doubting that, we just want to try something new. What's wrong with that? Some of us just feel it's time to take the focus off the rarity, that's all.

WHY TO MAKE A NEW THREAD WITH THE SAME IDEAS ALREADY DONE AGES AGO? by ppl certainly older more experties and more loyal to the community here

1. This is a bit different mate.
2. That's offensive. If you're truly 24 then I've got a few years on you, and WTF do you know about my experience or loyalties or for that matter anyone else who's posted in this thread?

Skiz
10-03-2007, 05:37 AM
It isn't like the WIAW thread is going to be taken down, because it isn't. The information contained therein is valid and useful.

This new thread will bring some balance to why people trade or request a particular invite though.

G-Force
10-03-2007, 05:44 AM
It isn't like the WIAW thread is going to be taken down, because it isn't. The information contained therein is valid and useful.

This new thread will bring some balance to why people trade or request a particular invite though.

Exactly so where is the big deal? Cant everyone agree that they are sick of noobs constantly seeking SCT and FST when they TL would do them fine! Half the time i don't even think they would have the connections to keep up on these sites.

All this new thread would be doing is putting things in perspective. So we don't get stupid thread all the time.

Skiz
10-03-2007, 05:48 AM

Exactly so where is the big deal? Cant everyone agree that they are sick of noobs constantly seeking SCT and FST when they TL would do them fine! Half the time i don't even think they would have the connections to keep up on these sites.

All this new thread would be doing is putting things in perspective. So we don't get stupid thread all the time.

Couldn't have said it better.

I'm sure there will be plenty of older members who ignore this thread, but hopefully the newer members who have no preconceived notions will view the two threads with some equality.

taba
10-03-2007, 06:01 AM

I'm sure there will be plenty of older members who ignore this thread, but hopefully the newer members who have no preconceived notions will view the two threads with some equality.

it is clear that the dicission is already made
so it is of no benifit that i discuss anymore
go and kill traders as far as they are very idiots and didnt say a word here
but watever u do it will b foreve about RARITY .... it is about man kind instincts to chase wat is far and beyond his own grasp
even if he know it is sucks he will run after it

G-Force
10-03-2007, 06:04 AM

it is clear that the dicission is already made
go and kill traders as far as they are very idiots and didnt say a word here
but watever u do it will b foreve about RARITY .... it is about man kind instincts to chase wat is far and beyond his own grasp
even if he know it is sucks he will run after it

Of course but people need to understand they can have a SCT with 1000 invites but if they dont have the connection or the nno how it will be useless.

BTW I just called the police, you just murdered the queens language.

taba
10-03-2007, 06:08 AM
[quote=taba;2305432]

BTW I just called the police, you just murdered the queens language.

it sucks anyway
very poor language...killed everyday on the US tv shows

btw when your position is weak in a discussion dont go around so clear like that stay with the main topic of the discussion

Skiz
10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
[quote=G-Force;2305437]

it sucks anyway
very poor language...killed everyday on the US tv shows

Our language sucks? :lol:

I know you are but what am I?

An all-time classic comeback from the witless moron.

=================

If anyone wants to help me with this masterpiece, I need the following information from the following trackers. most of the reviews are out of date and I want current info.

I don't need screenshots either, just the info.

Torrents
Peers
Seed/Leecher Ratio

Filelist
Filezone
FB
HeavenTracker
iPlay
NB
PiSexy
PT
PotUK
RevTT
rSR
TauriTracker
TD
Tbits
TB
TTi
Bitme
Bitspyder
docs.torrents.ro
ElbitZ
eXbits
LearnBits
TheVault
Audionews
IT
MP3 Nerds
MusicVids
OiNK
BT Music
ST Music
TT
Tribal Mixes
VIP Music
Empornium
PB
HD Source
BiT-HDTV
BitmeTV
Cinematik
DigitalHive
HorrorCharnel
KG
S.I.T.R.
TV-Junkies
tv.torrents.ro

SweDVDR
DVD Club
BitHQ

ExtremeBits
SportBit
TS
ChristianTorrents
ThePokerBay
GFXNews

:dabs:

Chewie
10-03-2007, 06:29 AM
You gotta love the way the Vets trot out the same old bullshit all the time, bleating about rarity being everything.

There are many members that are unhappy with the WIAW thread and want something that they can use to easily see which trackers are best based on content. Accept that and let it be.

Even better, go back to the VTG and get back to stroking each others' egos.

kaoblanco
10-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Indeed, because we all know that the trading vets who's feathers are riled by a different idea are those most loyal to the community (and lord knows more knowledgeable)...

Totally agree. So quit running your mouth, huh?

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 06:55 AM
1)File list

Type of Tracker : Specialist 0 - day only

No. of users : Unknown ( no user list )
Torrents : 573
Categories :

Apps
Console (PS2)
Console (PS3)
Console (PSP)
Console (Wii)
DVD (NTSC)
DVD (PAL)
Games
imdb250
Movie (Boxset)
Movie (x264)
Movie (XVID)
TV Show (HR)
TV Shows

Seeder/Leecher Ratio : unknown ( no such info on tracker )
Speeds : amazing (upto 7mbps on certain torrents) check forums for screenies

2) pisexy

Type of tracker : Movie (0day + dvd + user uploads) + lots of general stuff ( including appz + music+games)

Registered users 13,033
Torrents 5,349
Hosts
Peers 29,994
Seeders 27,680
Leechers 2,314
Seeder/peer ratio (%) 92
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 1196

jr56
10-03-2007, 06:56 AM
From those i have:

Filezone

Torrents: 8,171
Peers 40,522
Seeder/Leechers Ratio (%) 2250

rSR

Doesn't say?

TD

Torrents 10,719
Peers 72,230
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 1055

TB

Torrents 1,882
Peers 41,086
Seeder/leecher ratio 1392%

Empornium

Torrents 29,740
Peers 234,763
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 328

PB

Total Torrents 7,374
Total Peers 25,704
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) ?

BiT-HDTV

Torrents 4,425
Peers 27702
S/L ratio (%) 878

DVD Club

Torrents 1,258
Peers: 4,326
Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 517

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 06:56 AM
u still sayin the same words ...so i will say my words again
wat is the damn point to b added if we make another thread about that new bluffy ranking while the already written wiaw thread have
u just read the guide look at the reviews made by TRADERS and u will get that all content/Speed/Categories no review ever hasnt commented on such points

Actually I understand what u are saying...that is the first thing that got in my head when i read this thread..but i realize that this new ranking system is not for me and especially not for you.. so stop complaining....;)

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 06:59 AM
3)Polish Tracker

Type : general 0 day

W sieci od 2004-10-30
Użytkowników 29 331
Torrentów 5 300
Peerów 48 910
Seedów 43 911
Leechów 4 999
Niedostępnych 28%
Stosunek S/L 878%

Revolution TT

Type 0-day

Registered users 33,748

torrents : 8787

Torrent Damage

Type : 0-day

Registered users 58,390
Invited users 20,108
Online Users 536
Torrents 10,720
Peers 72,670
Seeders 66,331
Leechers 6,339
Seeder/leecher ratio (%)1046
Total Downloaded 4.27 PB
Total Uploaded 6.74 PB

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Bitme:

Registered Users: 18,754
Torrents: 16,656
Peers: 31,799
Seeders: 29,714
Leechers: 2,085
Seed/Leech Ratio: 1425%

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Torrent-Bytes

Torrents 1,876
Peers 41,301
Seeders 38,553
Leechers 2,748
Seeder/leecher ratio 1403%

bitspyder

type : elearning

Torrents 6,871 Total Peers 17,855
Seeders 17,413 Leechers 442
Total Traffic 521.52 TB Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 3940

Learnbits

type : E Learning

Torrents 1,257
Total Peers Ratio 2,990
Seeders 2,757
Leechers 233
Leechers/Seeders (%) 1183

Indie torrents

Torrents 1,111
Peers 8,222
Seeders 8,115
Leechers 107

Seeder/leecher ratio (%) 7584

Oink

Type : Music

Torrents 203,218
Peers 2,032,040
Seeders 1,961,414
Leechers 70,626

C

btmusic

Tracking 11,974 Torrents with 17,876 Peers (17,134 Seeders and 742 Downloaders)
Current Seeder/Downloader Ratio (%) = 2309%

TranceTraffic

Torrents 35128
Peers 86477

Seeders 83807
Leechers 2670
Seeder/leecher ratio 3139%

VipMusic

Torrents 10,794
Peers 16,671
Seeders 15,949
Leechers 722
S/L ratio 2,209%

Bitmetv

Registered Users22,463

Torrents16,148

Peers109,227
Seeders100,300 Leechers8,927
Seed/Leech Ratio1124%

Patriot foreve
10-03-2007, 07:31 AM
You gotta love the way the Vets trot out the same old bullshit all the time, bleating about rarity being everything.

There are many members that are unhappy with the WIAW thread and want something that they can use to easily see which trackers are best based on content. Accept that and let it be.

Even better, go back to the VTG and get back to stroking each others' egos.

Traders who you talk shit about now chewie are the ones who made this community so popular ,They are the ones who helped thousands of members to get into alot of trackers through their giveaways ,They are the ones who did almost all the available reviews on all the trackers which helped thousands to get to know and learn about various trackers ,spending time helping and assisting others and now you are asking to go elsewhere ,what avery ungrateful manner from a previous mod

well,That's the spirit because patriot will never sell his soul for a bunch of invites/accs elsewhere or to become closer to some trackers staff as some did (btw don't take it personal ,the sentences know it's targets well ;) )

besides i prefer to get assissanated defending what i believe than so be it ;) ,i am adapted to that and it's not that easy so and you can ask those who tried before :D

Skiz
10-03-2007, 07:32 AM
HUGE thanks to those postings the tracker stats!!

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 07:39 AM
KAragarga

Users10,733
Torrents28,103
Torrent/user ratio2.62
Peer Statistics Peers34,374
Seeders32,854
Leechers1,520
Seeder/leecher ratio21.61

HUGE thanks to those postings the tracker stats!!

I am glad I could help

Just make this damn thing happen

GoLDeN
10-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Shure not as all the trackers are so somilat toecah other and the trading prosses is all about the rarty

RealitY
10-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Like the new layout based on the WTAW much better. Think when the 0day is ready it could go up. That way members could start posting feedback on the rest. Would also ask that members post so a quick copy and paste could be done into the thread. This creates a community effort in creating this thread. As noticed some have already started posting. Have to also say thanks to those that have and will post.

Also think this should be a pin in the main BT section. This would allow n00bs to the site to get a feel for things. Also members would read this before the WIAW thread. That lightens concerns that members are tainted by rarity on its own...

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 08:12 AM
lol its Reality :D

I ll be glad if this thing gets off the ground. I ll be able to help out laterz as well

To all the traderz and Haterz : Move your ass to the BT invite Section. You are not welcome Here :P since this is gonna be in the BT section.

F**k off

@Reality : its good to see u supporting this. finally :)

blackbird
10-03-2007, 08:21 AM
as long as trading is allowed in the bt invite section .. people will trade .. even if you delete the whole WIAW thread ..

WIAW is an excellent thread with lots of information about trackers.. its not just based on rarity .. but it does have a rating system based on content too .. ( Ratings of trackers themselves are in the [#] tags. )

so why do we need an alternative thread .. ?? traders only see the rarity value of a tracker .. they will still trade according to the rarity of a tracker .. ( maybe with just a screenshot of the original WIAW thread ..lol )

i used to hate the WIAW thread .. but if you think about it .. even if you take down the whole thread .. dont forget the fact that a UK-T , or FTWR invite is still hard to get ..

the real problem is not the WIAW thread .. but the traders who only gives importance to the rarity value of a tracker ..

so just ban trading ... :D

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 08:30 AM

For that to happen blackbird, U will need to ask the man two posts above yourself. Reasons why its not going to happen

1) If u ban trading here, they ll simply go elsewhere. fst is not the only place.

2) how do u know they wont trade by pm?

3) Also its better it happens here, so the amount of scamming can be controlled, and CRs can conveniently ban from one place instead of jumping from one forum to another.

Reasons for making this new thread :

1)Every time some newbie comes here he is directed towards the WIAW thread and starts trading. Since u need to wait a month anyway, its better u see this first

I think I explained this well enough. Read back 10 pages for more info :P

blackbird
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
1)Every time some newbie comes here he is directed towards the WIAW thread and starts trading. Since u need to wait a month anyway, its better u see this first

ok .. so doesnt that create two types of users here ??

noobs with no idea about the rarity of a tracker who can be easily fooled by more experienced traders ?

:unsure:

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 08:41 AM

We already have two types of user here....:whistling

aysomc
10-03-2007, 08:44 AM

We already have two types of user here....:whistling

lol maybe he was special and didnt have to wait a month like the rest of us.....

Polarbear
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
noobs with no idea about the rarity of a tracker who can be easily fooled by more experienced traders ?

or noobs that know about the quality of a tracker and give a shit about trading and rarity.

sear
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Good job tracking down the info guys...wanted to jump in but you beat me to it and I don't have any of the ones that are left :P

blackbird
10-03-2007, 08:55 AM
levels based on content !

Level 10 ••••••••••

FTN[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1602808/postcount62) , ScT[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1600757/postcount12)

BitMeTV+[tv ] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1635123/postcount369)HDBits[hd] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1688726/postcount717)

Level 9 ••••••••••

BitMe[e-learning] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-reviews-and-ratings--post1716084/postcount883)OiNK[music/appz] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1616935/postcount169)

TL[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1755342/postcount1094) SCC[oday] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1864272/postcount1992)

Level 8 ••••••••••

SweDVDR[dvdr] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1624841/postcount220)

E****[flac] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2131077/postcount4925)

FSC[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1612455/postcount148)

AOM[?] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1911709/postcount2672)

CZone+[?] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1606073/postcount96)

RevTT[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1811875/postcount1514) -

The DVD Club[dvdr] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2134398/postcount4943) -

BTMusic[flac] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1873169/postcount2157)

PT+[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1634273/postcount355)
how about a thread like that ? :D

Patriot foreve
10-03-2007, 08:59 AM
levels based on content !

Level 10 ••••••••••

FTN[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1602808/postcount62) , ScT[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1600757/postcount12)

BitMeTV+[tv ] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1635123/postcount369)HDBits[hd] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1688726/postcount717)

Level 9 ••••••••••

BitMe[e-learning] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-reviews-and-ratings--post1716084/postcount883)OiNK[music/appz] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1616935/postcount169)

TL[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1755342/postcount1094) SCC[oday] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1864272/postcount1992)

Level 8 ••••••••••

SweDVDR[dvdr] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1624841/postcount220)

E****[flac] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2131077/postcount4925)

FSC[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1612455/postcount148)

AOM[?] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1911709/postcount2672)

CZone+[?] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1606073/postcount96)

RevTT[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1811875/postcount1514) -

The DVD Club[dvdr] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2134398/postcount4943) -

BTMusic[flac] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post1873169/postcount2157)

PT+[0day] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-post1634273/postcount355)
how about a thread like that ? :D

That was already voted down for unrelaibility ,Skizo is working on anew different one atm and it should be published soon for opinions

Night0wl
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
NB

Torrents: 8.620
Peers: 77.156
connectable: 77,20 %
Seeders: 70.424
Leechers 6.732
Seeders/leechers10,46

SITR
Torrents.........: 3.447
Seeders..........: 5,164 Leechers.........: 182 Peers............: 5,346 Seeder x Leecher.: 2,837%

Polarbear
10-03-2007, 09:25 AM
i'd get rid of any rarity ranking whatsoever. that would be a a real revolution in the torrent scene.

ultrarare trackers that suck contentwise, will wine and open their signups after some month.

because people will want the good ones, not the hard to get into ones.

how often do i read in trades:

have: blablabla
want: anything above level 6

how stupid is this? people do not even ask for a tracker, the just ask for rarity ranks

i'm a fucking torrenter because i like music, films and some other things.

i'm not a kid that uploads anything with a daddy sponsored seedbox on a shitty rare tracker just to get the next invite for the next trade.

i'm pretty sure many traders don't even watch or listen to the stuff they dl/ul. they just look at the damn rarity levels and think about the next oh so high ranked tracker, that they need to have.
i recently asked somebody who wanted an invite from me what he knows about the content of the tracker. he answered me: "not much, but it's rarity level 7, dude. i really need to have it"

i guess that says it all.

excuse me bothering your discussion being a noob, but i had to mention my oppinion on this :-)

somebody postet earlier about reading rarity levels like a bible - that hits the point!

Skiz
10-03-2007, 09:34 AM

For that to happen blackbird, U will need to ask the man two posts above yourself. Reasons why its not going to happen

1) If u ban trading here, they ll simply go elsewhere. fst is not the only place.

2) how do u know they wont trade by pm?

3) Also its better it happens here, so the amount of scamming can be controlled, and CRs can conveniently ban from one place instead of jumping from one forum to another.

Reasons for making this new thread :

It won't happen because it doesn't make sense. Some trackers don't want their invites traded, some don't care at all. Some trackers have actually been frustrated because their tracker wasn't listed in the WIAW thread.

We won't ban all trading because some trackers forbid it. That's just silly.

3)Polish Tracker

Type : general 0 day

W sieci od 2004-10-30
Użytkowników 29 331
Torrentów 5 300
Peerów 48 910
Seedów 43 911
Leechów 4 999
Niedostępnych 28%
Stosunek S/L 878%

Categories :

(S)VCD Anime Apps Console DVD-R E-Books HD-DVD/Blu-Ray
IMDB TOP250 DVD IMDB TOP250 XviD Music Music DVDR Music Video PC Games Retro
TV x264 XviD XXX

Revolution TT

Type 0-day

Registered users 33,748

torrents : 8787

categories :
Anime Appz/Misc Appz/PC ISO E-Book Games/PC ISO Games/PC Rips Games/PS2
Games/PS3 Games/Wii Games/XBox Games/XBox 360 Handheld/PSP IMDB Top 250 XViD Mac
Movies/DVD-R Movies/HD-XViD Movies/SVCD Movies/VCD Movies/x264 Movies/XviD Music
MusicVideos TV/HR TV/x264 TV/XViD XXX

Torrent Damage

Type : 0-day

Registered users 58,390
Invited users 20,108
Online Users 536
Torrents 10,720
Peers 72,670
Seeders 66,331
Leechers 6,339
Seeder/leecher ratio (%)1046
Total Downloaded 4.27 PB
Total Uploaded 6.74 PB

Categories

Anime

Appz/misc

Appz/PC DOX

Appz/PC ISO

Appz/XBOX

Games/Handh.
Games/PC DOX

Games/PC ISO

Games/PC Rips

Games/PSX

Games/XBOX

Movies/DVDr
Movies/HD

Movies/MP4

Movies/SVCD

Movies/XviD

Music/CD

Music/Clips
TV/Episodes

TV/HDTV Eps

XXX/DVDr

XXX/SVCD

XXX/Xvid

I don't need that. I need Torrents, Peers, and Seed/Leech Ratio. Much of what you posted didn't have what I needed. :dabs:

AugustoP
10-03-2007, 10:27 AM

You are free not to use "other rules"

your are dreaming if you think that someone who got an invite to SCT for example will exchange it for arenabg which is open signups as this makes no sense

Most people in this thread have all the trackers they need including high level ones.

jr56
10-03-2007, 10:56 AM
i'd get rid of any rarity ranking whatsoever. that would be a a real revolution in the torrent scene.

ultrarare trackers that suck contentwise, will wine and open their signups after some month.

because people will want the good ones, not the hard to get into ones.

how stupid is this? people do not even ask for a tracker, the just ask for rarity ranks

i'm a fucking torrenter because i like music, films and some other things.

i'm not a kid that uploads anything with a daddy sponsored seedbox on a shitty rare tracker just to get the next invite for the next trade.

i'm pretty sure many traders don't even watch or listen to the stuff they dl/ul. they just look at the damn rarity levels and think about the next oh so high ranked tracker, that they need to have.
i recently asked somebody who wanted an invite from me what he knows about the content of the tracker. he answered me: "not much, but it's rarity level 7, dude. i really need to have it"

i guess that says it all.

excuse me bothering your discussion being a noob, but i had to mention my oppinion on this :-)

somebody postet earlier about reading rarity levels like a bible - that hits the point!

Amen brother, you couldn't have summed it up better :yup:

I really hope skizo's new listing will help enlighten me (and others) as what trackers i'd REALLY like to be a member of.

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't need that. I need Torrents, Peers, and Seed/Leech Ratio. Much of what you posted didn't have what I needed. :dabs:

I edited my posts to reflect only wat u needed. I just thought you might use the extra info. most of it was a copy paste job anyway

Patriot foreve
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM

Most people in this thread have all the trackers they need including high level ones.

exactly ,your view is so narrow as you are refering to members in this thread so what about thousands of others around

p1r4t3
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
hmmm Patriot... the WIAW thread is NOT going anywhere. so is the Bittorrent invites section. Neither are the staff talking about banning the trading of invites/accounts.
And neither are the traders going anywhere,. so... what exactly about this thread threatens you? its going to be up there in the bittorrent section like any other sticky, and isnt going to change the traders one bit. Please explain

Melvinmeow is/was viewing this thread.... @Melvin : your thoughts?

ghurka
10-03-2007, 11:50 AM

how stupid is this? people do not even ask for a tracker, the just ask for rarity ranksJust hit the nail on the head. If you are going to trade then at least be specific about which tracker you want....this again shows how the WIAW thread can influence decisions in the wrong way.

pECi
10-03-2007, 11:55 AM

best idea i've heard the whole day :lol:

The WAIW thread was prob done with good intentions, for which I applaud PF for putting all the effort into it, but it has created a monster, and that monster has had its day, it needs revamping to go into a new direction.

PF just took over the thread from Buggyme who took the thread from Syd the inventor of WIAW so no kudos for him at all

thou shalt not stray from the true path, because the unbelievers shalt be struck down without mercy

P.S. Typing in other colors/sizes only annoys ppl :>

Melvinmeow
10-03-2007, 12:17 PM
@conk*** aka...

hmmm Patriot... the WIAW thread is NOT going anywhere. so is the Bittorrent invites section. Neither are the staff talking about banning the trading of invites/accounts.
And neither are the traders going anywhere,. so... what exactly about this thread threatens you? its going to be up there in the bittorrent section like any other sticky, and isnt going to change the traders one bit. Please explain

Melvinmeow is/was viewing this thread.... @Melvin : your thoughts?

My thoughts are ... theres too many posts in this thread. I made it to page 8 and decided to read the rest later if need be. lol

um.. but really... I suggested this in another section on here before...

Personally I think we could push this thing out of the normal dimmension of the norm thinking....
We could do something on a completely differant idea/concept than most users are used to.

For example...
We have a Traders forum section.
We have a Anti-Traders (Sorta) forum section.
(Dont know how to explain my thoughts on this concept.)

Basically what if you made a 3rd (Sorta) section.

BT Communities/Feedback (For instance.)

In this section you could litterally list every site that wanted to be mentioned.

Example:
FSC
FTN
WB
TL
Ect.... down the line.

Each with their own sections/post.
(For an example you could look on TPG the way each community has its own spot to post their updates ect..)

In each sites section maybe you could have the following things listed. (in their own posts so to speak.)

Staff of said site listed.
If they use FST perhaps even links to those staff members accounts on here for contacting purposes.

Contact Information: Perhaps their IRC chan information, other methods of contact, or other people users could contact if they have any account/site issues.

Information about the site (from the staff of that particular site.)
Ex: We are a community based site... We believe in this that and the hokey pokey.
Maybe list that sites rules about trading/mentioning their site... ect... in this same post.

Information about the site (From users of that site who also use FST)
Ex: I like this site because blah blah blah.....

Reviews:
Users could then post what they like about the site. What they dont like the site.... as well as the pre times ect...
(The method mentioned here a few times in this thread)

and maybe even possibly...
A section where users could request invites/account ect... for each said site that allows this.
(example Bob wants an account on MyUnderpants.com he can ask in the sites specifically marked section where a staff member could decide if they wanted to invite them or not.)

Also another point that arose from this topic...

@Melvin that's what I was thinking about but you've managed to take it even further :yup: sounds fantastic. The only thing is what about trackers that don't have com reps here? just reviews? I'd be interested to see what the mods think.

If they have reviews here then I would think someone would thus know how to contact one of their staff members...
thus ask them/invite them to this site.

which would then either lead to that site being removed or them becoming a part of this site to answer users questions ect...
(If you want your name removed from the quote just pm me. I added it to show some of the points that were discussed. Like alot of other GOOD topics here people just seem to have lost interest.)

This should basically sums up my thoughts ill check the rest of the thread later when I have more time.

Offtopic
Also on the comment by chewie about me... I didnt make that post... as I have told a few other staff members here. You guys just like saying its me. Basically if the staff are .... enough to make a sticky about such bull... why not make stickies for meaningful posts that should be stickied?
If you still think it was me who made that post... you should do yourself a favor... read something I really wrote then compare that with the post you guys ASSume I posted. Heres a link for you with some real slamming.
Dont.Drop.The.S0AP (http://www.tophos.org/responce/CanalStreet.Camera.Rustlers.Exposed.Consider.Your.Gay.Asses.Fucked.Up.We.Are.Tired.Of.Your.Gheyness.Dont.Drop.The.S0AP/)

Also in regaurds to those pms maybe if you were more in depth with them. Rather than just posting some info about the person maybe you could say where/why the notice was sent out as well. (just my opinion.)

TBH I may knock some of the stuff that goes on in this site... but really there are alot of good users here... but people judge a pack just based on the bad ones.
Example: You go to a mini mart and buy a ridiculously stale fish... your opinion about that mini mart will be they sell funky fish... just because you got the bad one doesnt mean the other 99 fish in the packages besides where yours was is also bad. But your opinion has already been made up.

P.S. If you look at what I said a few months back... a few of these ideas have already been somewhat implemented since my original post was made elsewhere. So it at least shows brainstorming isnt always 100% effective but ideas can be presented and used for other future ideas/concepts.

AugustoP
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

You said that people promote a guide based on content cause they want to trade for high level trackers. That's not the case, for example I have everything I need except two trackers and I'm not gonna trade to get there. Same is true for Skizo, SgtMajor, Chewie and many others.

Skiz
10-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Also on the comment by chewie about me... I didnt make that post... as I have told a few other staff members here. You guys just like saying its me. Basically if the staff are .... enough to make a sticky about such bull... why not make stickies for meaningful posts that should be stickied?
If you still think it was me who made that post... you should do yourself a favor... read something I really wrote then compare that with the post you guys ASSume I posted. Heres a link for you with some real slamming.

You say in the post that it's you and the screenshots are from your account. :blink:

Anyways, I'm fixing to do you a favor and take it down to make room for this new thread.

It's finished, are you guys ready? :w00t:

kirktrix
10-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Show us the masterpiece......:D

Skiz
10-03-2007, 01:30 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-worth-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742

Melvinmeow
10-03-2007, 01:34 PM

You say in the post that it's you and the screenshots are from your account. :blink:

Anyways, I'm fixing to do you a favor and take it down to make room for this new thread.

Screenshots from my account YES.
I sent em to a few people on msn TBH.

As far as me making that post NOPE wasnt me.
Was more than likely someone I sent them snapshots to however.
Either case shows you didnt wanna really get owned by the REAL me since you locked the topic lol

TBH as far as im concerned it could have (Not likely but..) even been a staff member who made that thread... they read my pms so could have easily taken a snapshot and posted them as well lol
The comments in there by the 2 staff members were rather amusing... like where they say I said I "Will not post this" and they said I did when I didnt. lol (I however did send it to a few on msn as I openly can admit)

Um but back on topic... The link you posted looks nice. But maybe remove the rating bars... and put the numbers instead? I was trying to count the blue dots and felt like I was trippin lmao

Skiz
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Either case shows you didnt wanna really get owned by the REAL me since you locked the topic lol

I locked it I didn't any pithy responses from you (after you came back from being disabled) or any spam from members.

It's really brought quite a few laughs. :happy:

BTW, there is no way, that I'll ever believe that wasn't you. :noes:

Back to the ratings! :01:

Melvinmeow
10-03-2007, 02:01 PM

I locked it I didn't any pithy responses from you (after you came back from being disabled) or any spam from members.

It's really brought quite a few laughs. :happy:

BTW, there is no way, that I'll ever believe that wasn't you. :noes:

Check the ips should be all the proof you need.
I use proxies on here all the time from U.S. and Cad. Feel free to lookup any ips ive ever used. They always stay within same ranges. Again if it was really me you would feel like more of a bitch sting about it then you already do currently.
Reality even knows it wasnt me. I posted him the freaken username I was using during that week and that was not it.
AKA I openly told reality the name I was using and he didnt even ask me... so why would I have to hide behind an aditional name? Another reason you can TELL it wasnt me.. is cause I would rather own/bitchslap you on my original name... why would I do it from some pansy name?? It gets more laughs out of people when I publicly bitch slap you from my own name.

Anyways back on topic if you want your ass handing back to you AGAIN. admin@...... is my msn info.

Skiz
10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Again if it was really me you would feel like more of a bitch sting about it then you already do currently.

I feel a bitch sting? :O

]Anyways back on topic if you want your ass handing back to you AGAIN. admin@...... is my msn info.

As soon as I give a fuck, I'll get right on that. :smilie4:

Chewie
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Traders who you talk shit about now chewie are the ones who made this community so popular ,They are the ones who helped thousands of members to get into alot of trackers through their giveaways ,They are the ones who did almost all the available reviews on all the trackers which helped thousands to get to know and learn about various trackers ,spending time helping and assisting others and now you are asking to go elsewhere ,what avery ungrateful manner from a previous modDon't kid yourself that FST would fall on its arse if hardcore traders left.
You talk about them as if they're the only ones helping other members and giveaways (and you're ludicrously wide of the mark, there!) but we can all see that they're not and you'd be a fool to suggest it.
What I'm suggesting, is that perhaps you should all trot back to the VTG if you don't like the way things are going in this section.

Should I be grateful for the way BT Staffers view FST Staff because of the hardcore trading here, then?
Should I be grateful for the multitude of lost hours tracking down multiple account holders, issuing infractions, deleting childish squabbles and spam for no reward other than bitching and accusation?
I stepped down because of all that. Why did you?

how stupid is this? people do not even ask for a tracker, the just ask for rarity ranks...

...i recently asked somebody who wanted an invite from me what he knows about the content of the tracker. he answered me: "not much, but it's rarity level 7, dude. i really need to have it"Those of us that don't talk in WIAW levels can see these requests for what they are: a direct result of the WIAW thread.

Also on the comment by chewie about me... I didnt make that post...I don't mention anyone in my earlier comment, Melvin.
I don't know who posted it and I don't care; it doesn't matter. The fact remains that someone did.
I didn't even look up the post IP, let alone search the db for other appearances of it.

TBH I could have provided SS proof for all users that I PMed CRs about but after hours of checking for dupe accounts by cross-referenceing post IPs/times and the need to remove details from victims' SS proof, I really couldn't be arsed but would have provided it if anyone asked... which no-one did.
Actually, I did wonder whether CRs might be too trusting of me.

DefX
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Should I be grateful for the multitude of lost hours tracking down multiple account holders, issuing infractions, deleting childish squabbles and spam for no reward other than bitching and accusation?

It is indeed a thankless job. If that's the reason you stepped down, then I dont blame you. There are specific complaints in this thread alone how some of the mods here are a tad complacent. I say reward me with a 6 figure salary and ill be happy to be on standby for this forum 24/7 :mellow:

Patriot foreve
10-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't kid yourself that FST would fall on its arse if hardcore traders left.
You talk about them as if they're the only ones helping other members and giveaways (and you're ludicrously wide of the mark, there!) but we can all see that they're not and you'd be a fool to suggest it.
What I'm suggesting, is that perhaps you should all trot back to the VTG if you don't like the way things are going in this section.

Should I be grateful for the way BT Staffers view FST Staff because of the hardcore trading here, then?

I am not really bothering myself of why did u (stepdown) since i don't really care besides i am sure you know the reasons better than me anyway ;)

Secondly:If your not grateful to hundreds of members here who have been aiding thousands in here making alot of popularity for this place then you are the one who shouldn't be here

If you don't see the fact that 85% of giveaways in FST have been performed by traders then you need better glasses

If i don't like the way things going on ,i will simply declare that because i am not selling my soul for bunch of invites or accs to some famous trackers ,i have recieved all the help from traders here when i first got here ,i have seen alot of giveaways made by hundreds of traders here ,i have seen hundreds of traders offering assistance here to alot who wanted it ,i have seen alot of traders co-operating to make massive invites handing out to those who need

and ofc i am not saying that all traders all saints ,There are bad apples in any place either among Traders or non-Traders or in any place but alot of these traders have been giving alot to this place mr.ungrateful

The one who really need to troll is you because your the ungrateful one ,i am that some groups will pick u up if u want

as for btstaffers i am sure FST staff have been trying hard to reach to a common ground which helps both to understand eachother ,also when the staff member of the tracker is nice and helpful and tries to explain his view in aproper manner you will notice that alot will listen to him ,i can give you asimple example with Norbits where you can simply notice that Vidde have earned respect from alot of Traders before Non-Traders for his maturity in dealing with matters regarding his tracker

as for what you call lost hours for deleting posts and giving infractions then why did you take the moderator position if you can't handle it ,i can't really see how can someone complain from what is suppossed to be his duties which he voluntered for it

rvt
10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Yep, all bow before the mighty traders!

When you wonder why your account is banned because you logged in from your mates house, thank the traders.
When you wonder why trackers have a list of every IP you ever used, thank the traders.
When you wonder why some sites will ban you for changing your email, thank the traders.
When you wonder why whole invite trees disappear overnight, thank the traders.

If it wasn't for your precious traders, a lot of staffers would be here running the giveaways themselves.
Having such a prolific trader and rule breaker as yourself representing FST really reduced the chances of staffers getting involved. Since you've stepped down, I allowed revolt invites in a giveaway and I've just given 2 bmtv invites to FST members in the past 10 minutes. While you were a mod, I wouldn't have bothered.

Traders are not saviours, they are the enemy of private trackers. In the constant battle between the 2 sides, it's the users who lose out. I'm pretty sure most/all sysops did not invest time and money into creating sites just to screw users over. Traders on the other hand will screw anyone to get what they want.

G-Force
10-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Yep, all bow before the mighty traders!

When you wonder why your account is banned because you logged in from your mates house, thank the traders.
When you wonder why trackers have a list of every IP you ever used........................

Well Said!

DefX
10-04-2007, 01:40 AM
as for what you call lost hours for deleting posts and giving infractions then why did you take the moderator position if you can't handle it ,i can't really see how can someone complain from what is suppossed to be his duties which he voluntered for it

As much as I despise airing out dirty laundry in public, I just cant help taking issue with this. And I'm not even part of this squabble!

Patriot, in my unbiased opinion and months of being a staffer here, you should be the last person to chastise another staffer's ability/tolerance to deal with the garbage that we deal with here everyday as well as the other moderator tasks. You were extremely valuable with the WIAW thread, i'll give you that. But when it came to enforcing rules and dealing with the loads of reports we're bombarded everyday, given your participation record in this area, its hypocritical to attack Chewie, who in my eyes was a valuable enforcer.

Something Else
10-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey the new thread turned bad, everyone doesn't need to see this do they?....cheer up check out my new sig :D

DefX
10-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Wasnt bashing anybody. Just trying to set the record straight. And your sig suggests you have a lot of free time on your hands. :D

SpiderPig
10-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Hey the new thread turned bad, everyone doesn't need to see this do they?....cheer up check out my new sig :D

FUNNIEST SHIT EVER!

.. on FST

HAHAHAHAHA

Got a good laugh. Thanks man

Skiz
10-04-2007, 02:48 AM

Chewie volunteered for the job long before the bittorrent section exploded with 10,000 whining, unappreciative, bittorrent cunt-tards came about. He was a mod prior to the Invites section even being created. That was when there was much less moderation involved and FST was still a place that most members came to to learn about filesharing and become educated.

I don't expect you to fully understand that as you weren't around, but this forum has been through a lot in Chewie and my time. Heck, I remember being on this forum when it was still the K-Lite Forum. So you see, the job Chewie stepped down from is vastly different from the one he accepted.

seppypom
10-04-2007, 03:09 AM
...cunt-tards...

Thanks, a new word for my vocab. in the past 2 days i have used fuck-tards and dick-tards several times a day.

Skiz
10-04-2007, 03:11 AM
...cunt-tards...

Thanks, a new word for my vocab. in the past 2 days i have used fuck-tards and dick-tards several times a day.

Fuck-schmuck is a colorful one I prefer as well. :happy:

Chewie
10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Don't kid yourself that FST would fall on its arse if hardcore traders left.

I am not really bothering myself of why did u (stepdown) since i don't really care besides i am sure you know the reasons better than me anyway ;)

Secondly:If your not grateful to hundreds of members here who have been aiding thousands in here making alot of popularity for this place then you are the one who shouldn't be here

If you don't see the fact that 85% of giveaways in FST have been performed by traders then you need better glasses

If i don't like the way things going on ,i will simply declare that because i am not selling my soul for bunch of invites or accs to some famous trackers ,i have recieved all the help from traders here when i first got here ,i have seen alot of giveaways made by hundreds of traders here ,i have seen hundreds of traders offering assistance here to alot who wanted it ,i have seen alot of traders co-operating to make massive invites handing out to those who need

and ofc i am not saying that all traders all saints ,There are bad apples in any place either among Traders or non-Traders or in any place but alot of these traders have been giving alot to this place mr.ungrateful

The one who really need to troll is you because your the ungrateful one ,i am that some groups will pick u up if u want

as for btstaffers i am sure FST staff have been trying hard to reach to a common ground which helps both to understand eachother ,also when the staff member of the tracker is nice and helpful and tries to explain his view in aproper manner you will notice that alot will listen to him ,i can give you asimple example with Norbits where you can simply notice that Vidde have earned respect from alot of Traders before Non-Traders for his maturity in dealing with matters regarding his tracker

You don't realise what a complete knob-head you are, do you, PF?

Lookout readers; the laundry is on the airer...

What's the ;) for? To imply that there are other reasons that I stepped down? Post your thoughts (if you have that capability) but I can post screenies of MSN logs as proof if you'd like. I dare say the other parties in those conversations would be able to do likewise to prove mine haven't been edited.

If I didn't like the amount of moderation...? How would you know how much moderation there is to do? You spent most of your time bitching that someone insulted you or RTS and demanding their IPs (readers note: he didn't get them). That's fuck-tard behaviour.
How many Middleman Trades did you actually handle in your last 6 month as a BT Mod? You may want to take a look through to check. While you're fact-finding, go to Team Chat and check out how many times DefianceX has had to ask for help in there; post back your findings 'cos I no longer have access there.

i am that some groups will pick u up if u want I'm sorry, you've lost me there.
Trolling? :lol:
You think that a constructed argument is trolling? Is it trolling or argument that you don't undertand the concept of?

I freely admit that without hardcore traders the BT sections wouldn't be what they are today. They'd certainly not be full of whingeing twats bitching that they've been disabled for, among other things, trading away an account they were given in a CR's giveaway.
It wouldn't be packed with trades of over-seeded accounts (more than a few of them likely cheated); these people are actually harming regular users chances of keeping ratio merely because they're only after the next WIAW rarity level.

Yes, FST staff have been trying very hard to bash come to agreement with other BT Staff and it's not easy. It's always hard when prospective policy is discussed between staff in a democratic manner before putting it to prospective CRs. It's even harder when you resolutely demand that CRs have no say in whether accounts are allowed to be traded here on the basis that people must have a way to get into the high level trackers.

Skiz
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM
It's even harder when you resolutely demand that CRs have no say in whether accounts are allowed to be traded here on the basis that people must have a way to get into the high level trackers.

They do have say so. Where have you been? :unsure:

Chewie
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
It's even harder when you resolutely demand that CRs have no say in whether accounts are allowed to be traded here on the basis that people must have a way to get into the high level trackers.

They do have say so. Where have you been? :unsure:
Um... I refer to PF resolutely arguing against them having it.
Sorry if I appeared to imply that it was policy.

AugustoP
10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
...cunt-tards...

ar-tard from South Park WOW episode is the best.

Patriot foreve
10-04-2007, 08:15 PM

You don't realise what a complete knob-head you are, do you, PF?

Lookout readers; the laundry is on the airer...

What's the ;) for? To imply that there are other reasons that I stepped down? Post your thoughts (if you have that capability) but I can post screenies of MSN logs as proof if you'd like. I dare say the other parties in those conversations would be able to do likewise to prove mine haven't been edited.

If I didn't like the amount of moderation...? How would you know how much moderation there is to do? You spent most of your time bitching that someone insulted you or RTS and demanding their IPs (readers note: he didn't get them). That's fuck-tard behaviour.
How many Middleman Trades did you actually handle in your last 6 month as a BT Mod? You may want to take a look through to check. While you're fact-finding, go to Team Chat and check out how many times DefianceX has had to ask for help in there; post back your findings 'cos I no longer have access there.

i am that some groups will pick u up if u want I'm sorry, you've lost me there.
Trolling? :lol:
You think that a constructed argument is trolling? Is it trolling or argument that you don't undertand the concept of?

I freely admit that without hardcore traders the BT sections wouldn't be what they are today. They'd certainly not be full of whingeing twats bitching that they've been disabled for, among other things, trading away an account they were given in a CR's giveaway.
It wouldn't be packed with trades of over-seeded accounts (more than a few of them likely cheated); these people are actually harming regular users chances of keeping ratio merely because they're only after the next WIAW rarity level.

Yes, FST staff have been trying very hard to bash come to agreement with other BT Staff and it's not easy. It's always hard when prospective policy is discussed between staff in a democratic manner before putting it to prospective CRs. It's even harder when you resolutely demand that CRs have no say in whether accounts are allowed to be traded here on the basis that people must have a way to get into the high level trackers.

I don't see what are you trying to do here ,i don't give ashit about the reasons why you are no longer a mod because i have much better things to worry about so suit yourself

as for my modding period ,i am pretty satisfied with what i have been doing here ,i used to recieve 10-15 pm's daily from members asking for assitance and i have replied all the pm's i have recieved and never ignored any of them ,i have spent large time here in the main btsection and invites section tracking topics and dealing with problems ,i have spent large time trying to improve and work on the WIAW thread which is globally used by various places around the world ,i used to deal with alot of issues in the section ,i ahve been given alot of time and work to this place and if you can't see that then i am sure it's your problem

as for MM thing ,i have like 472 contacts only on my msn and alot have contacted me to ask about members they wanna trade with even alot asked me to be middleman while i was online ,i don't claim that i have spent alot of time in MM section after being amod but when i was middleman i used to deal with alot of these MM issues ,The fact that i had much things to do after being amod affected my assiatance in that section and that's why i suggested that we should get more middlemans and leave Btmods to their current issues

i am not going to critcize your cruel modding techniques which made alot of members don't like you ,i even saw some threads in some other forums celebrating that your no longer amod in here but that's another story

as for your note to readers ,i would simply comment that you seem to not know anything really

Lastly if you have more things to say ,i am sure that you can do that via pm or on msn because i simply love this place and it doesn't look good for FST what you are trying to do

rvt
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM
i even saw some threads in some other forums celebrating that your no longer amod in here

Funny you should say that :P

Chewie for president!

pECi
10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Patriot, in my unbiased opinion and months of being a staffer here, you should be the last person to chastise another staffer's ability/tolerance to deal with the garbage that we deal with here everyday as well as the other moderator tasks...when it came to enforcing rules and dealing with the loads of reports we're bombarded everyday, given your participation record in this area, its hypocritical to attack Chewie, who in my eyes was a valuable enforcer.

so patriot sucked...but we already knew that...anything new?

i even saw some threads in some other forums celebrating that your no longer amod in here

oh the irony...like the dvd4arab forums about faking on trackers??

Chewie
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Lastly if you have more things to say ,i am sure that you can do that via pm or on msn because i simply love this place and it doesn't look good for FST what you are trying to do You expect me to ignore that you tell me I'm ungrateful to the plethora of childish squabbling bullshit vendors, then insinuate there's something fishy about my stepping down and not respond in kind?

Well whoop-de-doo, you got a lotta contacts on MSN. So do my kids. What does it mean? That you add everyone that contacts you? Do you collect them like tracker accounts?
You might have told the rest of the team a long time ago that you didn't have time to moderate, if you did it all privately through MSN.

I think I like the idea that some didn't like my modding 'technique'; I think it says a lot about them. It shows how much they don't know about what it actually involves.

Perhaps the difference between us is that I don't harp on about the times I help people, whereas you big yourself right up out of the stratoshphere [see sig].

as for your note to readers ,i would simply comment that you seem to not know anything reallyNow this is very interesting.
There's another thread where a member asks how safe their information is at FST and here you are telling us all that you were given IP details of anyone that merely posted to your dislike?
This must have been in PM so please tell the community as a whole, and the FST Managers in particular, who that fucking slimey arsewipe is.

DefX
10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
A new ranking system has been put in place so its safe to say this thread has fulfilled its purpose.