PDA

View Full Version : Sky News

Eugenius
07-09-2003, 12:29 PM
yesterday i turned on sky news and here's how bloody ignorant they are of the fact that Blair cocked up:

MAIN HEADLINE:
BOTH TWINS ARE DEAD
Both the conjoined Iranian twins undergoing high-risk surgery to separate their skull and brain have died.

SECOND:
MISSING GIRL IS FOUND
The six-year-old girl who was thought to have been snatched by two men near her home in Brighton has been found safe and well.
Summer Haipule was found at a neighbour's house.

must be a pretty slow day for news i thought.

but THIRD:
PM BACKS IRAQ EVIDENCE
Tony Blair says Britain did the right thing to remove Saddam Hussein from power and he stands by the Goverment's decision to go to war with Iraq.
He made the comments as he appeared before a committee of senior MPs to defend the Government's handling of the Iraq crisis.

so let me get this straight. news of two iranian twins joined at the head and a girl who was lost for a couple of days are more important than PRIME MINISTER OF UK DEFENDING THE GOV.s HANDLING OF THE IRAQ WAR, IN FRONT OF SENIOR MPs.

FCUK SKY NEWS!!!
i'm sorry but i had to vent.

Barbarossa
07-09-2003, 01:42 PM
It's not a question of importance, it's a question of human interest. The conjoined twins and the missing girl have generated alot of human interest, and if you did a poll I would think that more people would rate thoes stories as more important than Tony Blair saying what he was expected to say.

Neil__
07-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa@9 July 2003 - 14:42
It's not a question of importance, it's a question of human interest. The conjoined twins and the missing girl have generated alot of human interest, and if you did a poll I would think that more people would rate thoes stories as more important than Tony Blair saying what he was expected to say.

You're missing one link in the chain.

It's actually a matter of profit
Human interest is directly propotrtional to sales.
Generate more profit by reporting more varied human interest

Neil

Eugenius
07-09-2003, 04:30 PM
little summer :x please.

myfiles3000
07-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa@9 July 2003 - 14:42
which explains the historically low voter turnouts of western democracies

forget human interest, buy People or Us, or whatever. I could care less if some bus takes a nosedive down a cliff and kills a bunch of foreigners. didn't know them, not my region, not my concern, not my business.

j2k4
07-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by myfiles3000+9 July 2003 - 11:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 9 July 2003 - 11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa@9 July 2003 - 14:42
which explains the historically low voter turnouts of western democracies

forget human interest, buy People or Us, or whatever. I could care less if some bus takes a nosedive down a cliff and kills a bunch of foreigners. didn't know them, not my region, not my concern, not my business. [/b][/quote]
Myfiles-

It has been long enough that it might profit to explain your, ah, reasonings for your apparent lack of caring?

We are entertaining newcomers, after all....

clintonesque
07-09-2003, 05:02 PM
I&#39;m begining to like him. I just needed someone to argue with this morning.
. . .you understand venting don&#39;t you?
I have to get the seriousness out of me and I know you guys will listen.
I feel better now, thanks.

j2k4
07-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by clintonesque@9 July 2003 - 12:02
I&#39;m begining to like him. I just needed someone to argue with this morning.
. . .you understand venting don&#39;t you?
I have to get the seriousness out of me and I know you guys will listen.
I feel better now, thanks.
Seriousness?

Just where the hell do you come off, being serious in here?

We thought you were kidding.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

clintonesque
07-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the ear&#33;
I can lighten-up now.
All that dling off bytemonsoon all last night has got me wound-up.

Neil__
07-10-2003, 05:46 PM
clintonesque
you had me going for a bit there also.

Just heard the steam whistle though.

:D :blink: ;)

Neil