Mr JP Fugley
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Britannica 2008 Ultimate ISO

on

alt.binaries.test

Fact

tesco
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
:unsure: who needs that when there's wiki?

Something Else
10-02-2007, 11:42 PM
anyone can edit wiki..... :dabs:

tesco
10-02-2007, 11:46 PM
anyone can edit wiki..... :dabs:that's the point.

Something Else
10-02-2007, 11:59 PM
which has a good side and a bad side...I'm not sayin we need britannica either, btw, they remind me of those 80's encyclopedia salesmen :dabs:

Wiki is great, I was reading a test some magazine did, they edited a few articles to make some facts incorrect and then checked to see how long it took for them to be corrected....out of the 6 or so they tried, 1 was never corrected (until they did it themselves coz they felt guilty)...So the system is flawed I guess, but what isn't :01:
As long as we don't believe everything we read, we'll probably be alright....:happy:

Chip Monk
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
:unsure: who needs that when there's wiki?

No-one at all, you're absolutely right. Why would anyone need more than one source of information. Particularly when the one you suggest is being written by anyone who fancies doing it. As opposed to some nut-job professional researchers.

In fact let's save some resources. We can have one newspaper, one news chanel on tv, one news channel on radio. Now who should run those, probly best if the Government does it. That seems right and sensible. Wouldn't want editorial bias or owt.

Right I'm off to the nzb section there must be a whole load of threads where I can post something like, "why would I want that I've seen a movie" or "ffs why post that, I've heard music".

Proper Bo
10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Hounding tesco off the board now are we?:o

Chip Monk
10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
We weren't but if you think it's a good idea you can start.