PDA

View Full Version : What tracker invites can one giveaway without getting banned

eurovox
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
My title says it all.

rvt
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Depends who you are giving them away to.

th0r
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
It also depends where.

eurovox
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Well giveaway here to people with good ratios.

th0r
10-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone can fake a ratio screenshot, and the requester might also be a cheater. You should give your invites away to your trusted friends and not random strangers on public forums.

Daniel
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I think the title implies which tracker-staff actively searches for public giveaways/trades and acts accordingly.

limpdickkid
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Anyone can fake a ratio screenshot, and the requester might also be a cheater. You should give your invites away to your trusted friends and not random strangers on public forums.

I learned that the hard way. :(

I think the title implies which tracker-staff actively searches for public giveaways/trades and acts accordingly.

I think that is what he meant as well. So look here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-list-trackers-thou-shalt-not-trade-fst-232698)

I hope this is what you were looking for.

MrLazy
10-03-2007, 12:55 AM
its pretty easy to understand ... the main reason for invites is to invite good users who can benefit and contribute to the site, therefore invite bad users eg. cheat w.e then you get bad results ...im sure any tracker will ban you for inviting a bad user lol

th0r
10-03-2007, 01:25 AM

Ah yes, I think I missed that.

bblogs
10-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Maybe we should address the actual question...?

If you randomly give out invites to most trackers at level 2 and under, I doubt that you'd be banned. Even if you did, you could easily get back in there.

When you go further upwards, then you start getting trackers that tell you "give invites to someone you don't know and you'll be banned :angry:" (like TL) but IMO that's a load of crap...I must have given out close to 50 TL invites to random people without proof and I've never heard anything from them again.

When you get above level 5, and definitely level 6, you should be extremely careful with invites, because their scary threats are true and you will be banned.

Basically you should figure out which specific sites are strict about giving invites, like Oink or Bitmetv

notsmurf
10-03-2007, 02:08 AM
oink ;)

spark
10-03-2007, 02:41 AM
oink ;)
:yup:

Effer
10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
This is what concerns me too.

Basically, what I'm interested in is whether trackers level 3 and above, especially high-level trackers, have a rule of giving invites only to people you know in person and whether admins of those trackers compare IP ranges of the inviter and the invitee whenever a new invite has been used?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Basically, is it possible to accept an invitation to FTWR or AOM from someone across the world without both of you getting banned from the tracker without its admins going to any bigger effort than simply comparing your IP ranges?

Fiamma
10-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I can speak only for my own tracker. We suggest you give invites to people you know. We hold all inviters responsbile for their invitees. Invitee cheats the invitee and his tree is gone. Several invitees cheat the whole tree goes from inviter down.

We also ban account trading in our FAQ. We will see it and we will take action. I will not comment on methods used for detection.

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 12:03 AM
This is what concerns me too.

Basically, what I'm interested in is whether trackers level 3 and above, especially high-level trackers, have a rule of giving invites only to people you know in person and whether admins of those trackers compare IP ranges of the inviter and the invitee whenever a new invite has been used?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Basically, is it possible to accept an invitation to FTWR or AOM from someone across the world without both of you getting banned from the tracker without its admins going to any bigger effort than simply comparing your IP ranges?

i don't think they compare ips of inviter and invitee. but i know a case where somebody got banned from bitmetv. he was a canadian and had a longer business trip to europe. he logged in with a european ip from his notebook and got banned for account trading.
he donated 30$ just days before he got banned.

rvt
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
It used to be possible to take a long trip without being suspected.
It used to be possible to run a site and not have to log every single thing about users.

Traders bought it all on themselves and others, and want to put the blame on the trackers.

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 12:29 AM
It used to be possible to take a long trip without being suspected.

and it used to be possible to explain this to mods :P

rvt
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
You still can, but you should do it before your trip :P

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 12:41 AM
You still can, but you should do it before your trip :P

mmmh, that was easy :D

saulin
10-04-2007, 06:55 AM
To answer the original poster. You can give away invites for just about any tracker. You have to make sure that the name here does not match the one on the tracker otherwise you could be called a trader for giving out invites.

Now the important thing is who you invite. I lost my BitmeTV account because I gave away 7 invites here and I tried to choose people very careful and 4 of them cheated. So it's very hard to find legit people. So if you really care about your accounts try to invite close friends or people you really know well only.

The shitty thing for me is that I never got 1 single warning. They found out someone cheated then they checked the whole tree and found out 3 more had cheated and my account was disabled without any warning. I actually was chocked since I'm very careful with people I invite but you can never be too careful.

Effer
10-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers.

To be honest, I still don't know whether there is a "Only people you know in person" rule for giving invites to high-levelers, but if there is one somewhere, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't check IP ranges from both the inviter and the invitee.

On the other hand, if there is no such rule, it's understandable that they don't and that they only care about how the invitee will behave once he registers.

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers.

To be honest, I still don't know whether there is a "Only people you know in person" rule for giving invites to high-levelers, but if there is one somewhere, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't check IP ranges from both the inviter and the invitee.

On the other hand, if there is no such rule, it's understandable that they don't and that they only care about how the invitee will behave once he registers.

their argument (not mine) is: don't offer invites in public. of course you can give an invite to a friend living in another country or to somebody you just know online.
but if you knew him, you wouldn't give the invite on a public board, would you?

Effer
10-04-2007, 09:40 AM
their argument (not mine) is: don't offer invites in public. of course you can give an invite to a friend living in another country or to somebody you just know online.
but if you knew him, you wouldn't give the invite on a public board, would you?

Well, that's what I've been arguing all along, why couldn't you give an invite to a friend living abroad?

It's a good thing to know you can. Thanks a lot. :)

eurovox
10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you for all your replies.
After reading your comment i will only give a few low level invites out. Higher level tracker invite i will keep until i make friends and earn trust on this site. :)

Ali-g
10-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Lol GL then.
But regarding to the thread then listen to me, dont ever care much about a tracker. Its better having +1 friend than +1 Tracker.
Regards