PDA

View Full Version : Have ScT... is FTN worth going after?

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 09:34 PM
First. Before the point of this thread, don't post unless you have both. I'm NOT asking for FTN and I don't care if I ever get it or not since I already have ScT.

Now. ScT is wonderful and it's currently my favorite tracker. But is FTN much different? I know it has ever so slightly better pretimes, but aside from that? I know it can't have better speed, because I max out on ScT every time I download there.

They both have their exclusive packs, and ScT's are fantastic, maintaining a ratio on ScT is way easier then one might think, but on FTN there IS no ratio.

So do they level out in terms of overall quality? Or to the people with both, do you prefer one over the other and why?

th0r
10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Content wise, both trackers have pretty similar torrents (mostly 0day); FT.N has more articulate pack torrents.

FT.N isn't much different than ScT, except for the community (but all trackers differ in that area). ScT has better pre times, but FT.N has more unique uploads, I guess.

Yes, there isn't a ratio system on FT.N, but like you said, you're seeding fine on ScT.

The reason I prefer FT.N over ScT is it's a beautiful thing to leech a huge HD pack torrent and not worrying about it killing your ratio when it finishes downloading; when you join the IRC channel, people greet you because they know and respect you; and their well-designed style sheet.

Edit: Stupid edit system.

Kyl3KK
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks th0r for the wonderful explanation! :)

lessthanfour
10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
th0r pretty much nailed it. In my opinion.. ScT excels a little more in the TV genre.. but FTN's packs are killer. There is also more of an overall sense of community at FTN, if that is important to you.

Both are great trackers, but if I had to choose only one, it would be FTN. I really like the feel of a small community.. and their movie packs rule :)

Brandon
10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
ScT excels a little more in the TV genre.. but FTN's packs are killer.

Not for long :P
FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).

rapesauce10
10-03-2007, 12:39 AM

FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).

Words cannot describe my love for you :w00t:

nihility
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM

:O

killer23
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM

hang on, am i missing something? dont you have to seed in FTN to a 1:1 ratio or seed for like 3 days or else you will get banned?, so whats the catch with the ratio system?

KFlint
10-03-2007, 12:56 AM

hang on, am i missing something? dont you have to seed in FTN to a 1:1 ratio or seed for like 3 days or else you will get banned?, so whats the catch with the ratio system?

well seeding time is now 36 hours

but it doesn't mean you will seed to 100% in this period, so the fact that you have no ratio is cool for that

sense
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Brandon FTW again! :thumbsup:

Also, yes FTN is word going after. IMO it is the best of both worlds, great community, intelligent/articulate users (like th0r! :) ), wonderful staff (they are all nice as far as I can tell), fast enough pre-times and great packs. With that being said, go after it in a manner that doesn't break the trackers rules or puts the trackers security at risk. In other words, get to know some people.

killer23
10-03-2007, 01:04 AM
i think ScT is better, and FTN is pure hype :yup:

th0r
10-03-2007, 01:16 AM

Get in line!

<3

killer23
10-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Get in line!

<3

yeah, see what i mean? Brandon goes round spreading hype and making people even more desperate. :dry:

th0r
10-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Well, I know rapesauce10, and Brandon himself invited me to FT.N over 20 weeks ago. I'm not desperate.

lessthanfour
10-03-2007, 01:39 AM

I can't wait :D
I'm sure you're gonna make a great site even greater!
Good work, man.

Brandon
10-03-2007, 01:44 AM

At FTN we ask you to seed 1:1 (which most users with servers can easily do) or for 36 hours (for those without servers who might not manage 1:1). We have not banned one single person yet since our change from the ratio system, excluding those who cheated etc. There is no catch. Our approach at FTN is quite different than most other trackers. We aim to do whatever we can to make things better for our users, even if it means spending money out of my own pocket which most staff do in contrast to other sites who require more donations or p2l approaches.

I've been a user, an uploader, and now I run my own site that I code for and administrate. I've been in every aspect of the torrent system and tend to push FTN's goals and features towards what I would want as if I was still a normal user.

Call what I say hype all you want. We promised a change, and we made it (no ratio system). I promised a phase 2 which I stated above, and it will come.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 01:45 AM
That little hint makes me want it. Damn you Brandon! lol :)

Brandon
10-03-2007, 01:50 AM
That little hint makes me want it. Damn you Brandon! lol :)

I gave an even bigger hint in FTN's forums last night before I removed it ;)

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 01:51 AM
LOL gee ok lemmie go on to FTN's forums right now.... oh wait... lol :)

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Good to see you around again Brandon, hope everything has settled down now.

bblogs
10-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Anyone wanna tell me that hint? :w00t:

Brandon
10-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Good to see you around again Brandon, hope everything has settled down now.

Thanks :) Yea things are much better now, crossing my fingers that they stay this way. My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine. The post about me leaving here wasn't done by me. There were a few vulgar posts sent from my acct also that weren't from me (sorry).

Private Messages: Unread 107, Total 493.

70 or so of those were also done by the <censored> who hacked my acct and PM'd random users offering ftn invites :P

Anyways, thanks for that though <3

Polarbear
10-03-2007, 03:31 AM
My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine.

i didn't think that this was so easy. do you have any tips for other users to prevent this from happening to them?
or can one do nothing against it?

Brandon
10-03-2007, 03:42 AM
My acct on here was hacked so not all of the posts on here were mine.

i didn't think that this was so easy. do you have any tips for other users to prevent this from happening to them?
or can one do nothing against it?

I'm pretty sure you're fine. This had to do with the whole situation i've been going through recently with my information going public etc (my entire pc was hacked). If you wanna play it safe, install a software firewall.

edit: or do what actually saved my ass on a lot of other sites i use. get a fingerprint scanner to handle passwords ;)

Presto
10-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Kyl3, it fully depends on, what are your priorities. If your priority is content, speed etc, then I don't think you are missing much - I believe, they have basically the same content (maybe sct has more files) and you can't get any faster speeds than you get em on sct. If your top priority is community, well, then I guess it depends on how you get along with different people n which people fit you better. If your priority is rarity (collecting disease has been spreading very aggressively lately), then I think you should overthink whether you really need to go any further or just value, what you already have.

FTN interested me too for some time, but I gave up - ain't much of a writer to write A4 full of poems and heart-breaking words, neither don't wanna start licking someones arse. Pfft.. I just noticed how bad my English is lately or is it because it's 642am :o

jrzy
10-03-2007, 03:47 AM

At FTN we ask you to seed 1:1 (which most users with servers can easily do) or for 36 hours (for those without servers who might not manage 1:1). We have not banned one single person yet since our change from the ratio system, excluding those who cheated etc. There is no catch. Our approach at FTN is quite different than most other trackers. We aim to do whatever we can to make things better for our users, even if it means spending money out of my own pocket which most staff do in contrast to other sites who require more donations or p2l approaches.

I've been a user, an uploader, and now I run my own site that I code for and administrate. I've been in every aspect of the torrent system and tend to push FTN's goals and features towards what I would want as if I was still a normal user.

Call what I say hype all you want. We promised a change, and we made it (no ratio system). I promised a phase 2 which I stated above, and it will come.

I applaud you and your work Brandon and I wish you success as you approach phase 2. I can see now why people stumble over each other to get an invite to FTN.

Brandon
10-03-2007, 03:51 AM
FTN interested me too for some time, but I gave up - ain't much of a writer to write A4 full of poems and heart-breaking words, neither don't wanna start licking someones arse. Pfft.. I just noticed how bad my English is lately or is it because it's 642am :o

Don't have to write me a poem or tell me heart-breaking words, or lick my ass to get an invite. I think i remember you pm'ing me though, but can't remember what you said. Anyways, I tend to invite those users I see who don't bash people, who are friendly, etc.

I applaud you and your work Brandon and I wish you success as you approach phase 2. I can see now why people stumble over each other to get an invite to FTN.

Perfect example of my post above. The above person seems friendly and I'd prob be willing to step out on a limb and invite him if he doesn't have one.

Rule of thumb.. I like nice people.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Hehe I think I'm one of those... :) But yeah Presto sealed it for me. Unless Brandon is feeling extremely nice today, I'll stick with ScT for a long while.

Brandon
10-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Hehe I think I'm one of those... :) But yeah Presto sealed it for me. Unless Brandon is feeling extremely nice today, I'll stick with ScT for a long while.

I am actually :) Would you like to check it out?

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Don't have to write me a poem or tell me heart-breaking words, or lick my ass to get an invite. I think i remember you pm'ing me though, but can't remember what you said. Anyways, I tend to invite those users I see who don't bash people, who are friendly, etc.

Perfect example of my post above. The above person seems friendly and I'd prob be willing to step out on a limb and invite him if he doesn't have one.

Rule of thumb.. I like nice people.

Well if you ever get too busy, I'd be willing to help out for you! :P

Kyl3KK
I would love to check it out. :)

Brandon
I would love to. :)

pm me your email.

solaris
10-03-2007, 03:58 AM
u deserved it dude:D i also hope to get it someday:D

spark
10-03-2007, 03:59 AM
I would love to. :)

pm me your email.

:w00t:

Happy for you Kyl3KK...

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Hehe! PM'd

*waits patently hehe!*

spark and inacxch and of course Brandon all kick ass! :)

this is another reason why I love FST, this has got to be the nicest community ever. :)

Presto
10-03-2007, 04:07 AM
The thing with nice people is, that there is a small step between a really nice person, who simply is a good person inside and someone, who acts nice with everyone, but actually is a 2-faced snake. Everyone can say nice things, but what actually matters is, whether he really means it or not. You can see too many people with fake positive image, you can just sense, that it isn't the real person. The real person is pretty often someone very different.

I'm sometimes harsh, maybe too sarcastic and I might produce way too much criticism, but that it's me. I don't need to fake being good, which I really believe inside I'm. Anyway off to school.

Edit: Congrats Kyl3KK, hopefully you don't need to go any further - you have everything you need, value it :)

solaris
10-03-2007, 04:11 AM
Kyl3KK (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kyl3kk-174477) u are lucky dude you have everything you need :D

killer23
10-03-2007, 04:12 AM
yeah, trust me SgtMajor will be the best member of staff for any tracker.

and to Brandon, why do you post info about FTN on threads like these? you know your going to attract some noobs attention, why dont you just post info about FTN on FTN?

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah. Thats true, Presto, but I'm not a two faced snake and most of the people I've met here aren't either. You guys are wonderful. Because of FST, I got so many trackers that I could only dream of. When I receive my invitation from Brandon, I'll celebrate by having a giveaway of whatever I have, all because you guys kick ass! :)

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Result!

Well in Kyl3kk, and well done Brandon, again! :P

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:16 AM
Waiting for the invite is the toughest part haha, I'm like, constantly refreshing my gmail... He'll probably send it tomorrow, I dunno where he lives but its 12:16AM here.

:) <3 you all! :)

solaris
10-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Waiting for the invite is the toughest part haha, I'm like, constantly refreshing my gmail... He'll probably send it tomorrow, I dunno where he lives but its 12:16AM here.

:) <3 you all! :)

Patience is Virtue

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:22 AM
That's another lesson I learned here. That, and trading isn't needed at all. That friends and asking are way better then trading could ever be and that all the people at FST, are some of the nicest people in cyberspace ever.

So much trust it's amazing.... I promise when I get in I will take care of this account like nothing else... for a while all my bandwidth will go to FTN and like I said after I get it, there will be a nice giveaway from me here at FST for whatever I can offer to all you guys! :)

killer23
10-03-2007, 04:29 AM
im glad you learned a lesson, this happened to me not so long ago and i havent traded a single thing. friends+trust+kindness go a long way.

Brandon
10-03-2007, 04:31 AM
and to Brandon, why do you post info about FTN on threads like these? you know your going to attract some noobs attention, why dont you just post info about FTN on FTN?

There was once a time I would have agreed with you. However, coming to my senses I realized I can't hide FTN. Everything posted on FTN gets relayed here anyways, usually within minutes of it's release on site. My stepping down for example, or the new ratio system, raising our user limit.. etc.
And about the noobs attention, I was once a noob myself.

btw, you should have your invite by now Kyl3KK

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:34 AM
hmm thats odd, i dont... maybe a different mail or should i resend?

weirdest thing since its the same mail i use on all my trackers.... O_o

let me reboot or something, dont go anywhere guys! :) lol

killer23
10-03-2007, 04:39 AM

There was once a time I would have agreed with you. However, coming to my senses I realized I can't hide FTN. Everything posted on FTN gets relayed here anyways, usually within minutes of it's release on site. My stepping down for example, or the new ratio system, raising our user limit.. etc.

good point, i have one question, does FTN have rare or older content ?, because i use ScT and they dont have much of it.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:45 AM
dammit! my mail and gmail apparently doesnt like ftn... :(

its so weird tho since its the same email, and i havent used my home mail for trackers since TD...

hmm

DUH!!

I'm in

Ok guys

Yeah, I'm stupid. :)

fazzy07
10-03-2007, 04:47 AM
The one thing that makes me want to be on FTN so much is its staff. They think of the members first, don't run after donations and provide the best service and experience which is priceless. FTN definitely deserves all the hype and is at the pinnacle and setting the platform for other trackers. Mind you, I love ScT to death and I would jump off the balcony if something happens to my account.
Brandon I will definitly be a part of your tracker. Maybe by the time I get there it will be better then the best and outdo itself

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 04:49 AM
I never got an email but the little confirm button at the bottom of the login page sure does help... lol so yeah I'm in WHOO!! thanks brandon and everyone here at FST! Tomorrow you shall have a giveaway from me! :)

Brandon
10-03-2007, 04:54 AM

good point, i have one question, does FTN have rare or older content ?, because i use ScT and they dont have much of it.

No. We're also a 0day site, however there might be some changes to help add some of what you're asking, but I can't really say much about that yet.

The one thing that makes me want to be on FTN so much is its staff. They think of the members first, don't run after donations and provide the best service and experience which is priceless. FTN definitely deserves all the hype and is at the pinnacle and setting the platform for other trackers. Mind you, I love ScT to death and I would jump off the balcony if something happens to my account.
Brandon I will definitly be a part of your tracker. Maybe by the time I get there it will be better then the best and outdo itself

<3

I never got an email but the little confirm button at the bottom of the login page sure does help... lol so yeah I'm in WHOO!! thanks brandon and everyone here at FST! Tomorrow you shall have a giveaway from me! :)

:)

Polarbear
10-03-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm in

congratulations :cheers:

i really love sct, but i'm getting more and more convinced that it isn't the light at the end of the tunnel.

there's something shining brighter :)

fstrulz
10-03-2007, 04:59 AM
FTN sucks.

Just kidding. It's the best. :)

killer23
10-03-2007, 05:01 AM
fstrulz, hook me up with more of them pics on ur sig

Brandon
10-03-2007, 05:02 AM
FTN sucks.

Just kidding. It's the best. :)

tehehehe
loser :P <3

fazzy07
10-03-2007, 05:03 AM

No. We're also a 0day site, however there might be some changes to help add some of what you're asking, but I can't really say much about that yet.

<3

Thankyou for acknowledging my post
It all came from my heart. Its this little guys dream. maybe someday when i am not dreaming

killer23
10-03-2007, 05:04 AM

<3

It all came from my heart. Its this little guys dream. maybe someday when i am not dreaming

is the little guy your penis?

Brandon
10-03-2007, 05:05 AM

It was a very kind post :P
I'm sure you'll get in sometime soon.

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 05:06 AM
hey fazzy's cool! Brandon thank you, FST thank you, FTN kicks ass and I'm lovin' it!

asafb
10-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Congratz Kyl3KK
enjoy this great site which women want to be with and men what do it LOL :)
anyway I saw that trading account doesn't pay,totally not worth it..
I hope I can join FTN and be proud that I'll just be there..
I heard great things about it..
Altought I didnt talk to you brandon ,heard that you are an a$$hole, I personally see who you're really are,
generous great guy who look after FTN's users
I hope you that what happened with you details going public will be forgotten and you can live peacefully :)
it doesn't matters much but you're doing a great and wonderful job..

p.s.
I'm not kissing his ass, just want to clear things :)
you all have a great day/night (depends on where y'all live - 7 AM here )

killer23
10-03-2007, 05:11 AM
see what i mean Brandon?, the queues piling up

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok, I'm off to bed all, I'm gonna say thanks one more time...

THANK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

But alas, I need sleep! Giveaway tomorrow! :)

fazzy07
10-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Kyl3KK .. congratulations
Also, thankyou for your support

Brandon
10-03-2007, 05:13 AM

Life is too short. Don't worry so much about everything :)

altought i didnt talk to you brandon ,heard that you are an a$$hole, i personally see who you're really are.
generous great guy who look after FTN's users

I'm sure there are a lot of bad thoughts from some users about me because of some recent posts here from my acct while it was hacked. :P

killer23
10-03-2007, 05:16 AM

Life is too short. Don't worry so much about everything :)

yeah your right, i notice you have a really positive outlook on life, whereas i dont.

the Oink staff are the complete opposite of you :lol:

fazzy07
10-03-2007, 05:18 AM
killer23 b positive
thats my blood group
you might need it someday
anyways, I was not in this queue .. my turn will come when i deserve it
I just came here to share my opinion and thoughts

killer23
10-03-2007, 05:20 AM
ive seen you around here and on tracker*actor, it will come to you, you dont need to ask.

sear
10-03-2007, 05:50 AM
Kyl3KK good for you m8, this thread really brought a smile to my face. I just finished putting together my new BBQ (yay it's summer) and come here and look what I see :D

This is why FST is a good place all the haters should look at what happened in this thread and take heart :fst:

Brandon
10-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Kyl3KK good for you m8, this thread really brought a smile to my face. I just finished putting together my new BBQ (yay it's summer) and come here and look what I see :D

This is why FST is a good place all the haters should look at what happened in this thread and take heart :fst:

Make me some BBQ :D Lets break that sucker in!
<3

JA
10-03-2007, 06:26 AM

We should go bondi mate...

You can provide the alcohol and food and all and have my good company :D

Anyhow, yes FTN is worth going after and it shits on ScT Community wise.

sear
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
@Brandon well if you ever make to oz we know how to make a mean BBQ

and J.A. you wish :P how about you provide the beer/women/snags and then we'll see ;)

RaPPeR
10-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Is it me or Brandon encorge peoples to trade for FTN ? :P

Brandon
10-03-2007, 06:44 AM

and J.A. you wish :P how about you provide the beer/women/snags and then we'll see ;)

Deal! Can I get in on the beer/woman/snags too? :D

How so? :P

JA
10-03-2007, 06:45 AM

Alrite im crashing this.

I'll bring the lovely woman, and you guys can provide the snags + beer? :)

killer23
10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
its you, and remember this, he gives away invites.

sear
10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Alrite im crashing this.

that can be arranged :) tough to be honest the BBQ isn't quite ready just need to finish it off then it's party time.

RaPPeR
10-03-2007, 06:48 AM

How so? :P

Well, I read the topic

Have ScT... is FTN worth going after?
Than I saw

FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).^^

killer23
10-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Well I read the topic
Than I saw

FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).^^

true, but i pm'ed him and said not to be so public about it, because so many people go crazy for it, but hes changed now :)

game1283
10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Congrats Kyl3KK -you have been good to me and other users here...

and Luck comes into you.. welcome to FTN Bro :)

see yah there :)

Hi.. Brandon - You always make us happy here, without you FST would be a bit different.. :) I hope for the good changes in phase 2, I'm excited :)

NickySantoro
10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Congratulation Kyl3KK!
I hope one day i can also send my e-mail to Brandon:D

Alco23
10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Alrite im crashing this.

I'm crashing in too. I got the beer :)... What's with the hot weather in Sydney last few days? On the bright side of things, means all the hot women are wearing skimpy outfits :whistling.

allegrad
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Alrite im crashing this.

I'm crashing in too. I got the beer :)... What's with the hot weather in Sydney last few days? On the bright side of things, means all the hot women are wearing skimpy outfits :whistling.

So where's this party/ BBQ going to be? I could use a party, hope you don't mind one more crasher. I could bring my belly-dancing outfit if that's cool. (I just started taking classes a few weeks ago.) :angel_not

FuToR
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Congratulations Kyl3KK! Now you can test it yourself :)

But personally I think FTN is a lot better than SCT.(Don't have any of them though) From what I've heard SCT is Pay2Leech and with that it's not even worth to join.

FTN has a great system and with the no ratio change they have made a great step to the future....

btw: Who is brandon??? (I know that he belongs to the FTN staff but what position has he that he can invite all the people without asking?

Presto
10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah. Thats true, Presto, but I'm not a two faced snake and most of the people I've met here aren't either. You guys are wonderful. Because of FST, I got so many trackers that I could only dream of. When I receive my invitation from Brandon, I'll celebrate by having a giveaway of whatever I have, all because you guys kick ass! :)

Nah, man, don't worry, I don't think you are.

pi31415
10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Congrats to all those having managed to get in there!

As far as I can see it here, well, if all the administrators and mods etc. are just as kind as Brandon then it really must have a very good community and a very good staff (eh unless some trackers where admins and ops are just impatient and rude).

Durkslag
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Nice to hear Brandon's back, everyone seems to like him (of course when he gives away free invites to FTN :P)

How are the speeds now after the ratio removal?

sear
10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
@Alco, yah it's been a bit warm but I'm loving it. I was starting to get sick of the cold mornings. I think it's going to be like 34 on Saturday perfect for the beach and bikinis :happy:

@allegrad the party's at Bondi, but your post got me kind of worried you're a chick right :huh:

Saroman
10-03-2007, 06:26 PM
havent read a single post from these 9 pages..

but i honestly think....NO

ScT is more than enough...90% torrents are same...

fifty99
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
@allegrad the party's at Bondi, but your post got me kind of worried you're a chick right :huh:

got me worried too ... then i realized i was not invited there so i did not need to worry about it ... but i guess i can crash and belly dance too ... you may need to wear sunglasses to black the reflection from the sun though ... its a lil white ...

yoyogi4
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
The thing with nice people is, that there is a small step between a really nice person, who simply is a good person inside and someone, who acts nice with everyone, but actually is a 2-faced snake. Everyone can say nice things, but what actually matters is, whether he really means it or not. You can see too many people with fake positive image, you can just sense, that it isn't the real person. The real person is pretty often someone very different.

I'm sometimes harsh, maybe too sarcastic and I might produce way too much criticism, but that it's me. I don't need to fake being good, which I really believe inside I'm. Anyway off to school.

Edit: Congrats Kyl3KK, hopefully you don't need to go any further - you have everything you need, value it :)

For some reason u CAN tell when they're trying to be nice and when they ARE nice.

vizouk
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:sQ14bfid_rYJ:nrpg.16.forumer.com/profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D3962%26sid%3D0c555bf1b7629decf3e964d5c03e48ad+killer23&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=43

its you lol

just asking

Kyl3KK
10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Congrats Kyl3KK, hopefully you don't need to go any further - you have everything you need, value it :)Yep. I can't ask for anymore. I can only now give, and I will as soon as I get some A-L invites. :)

JA
10-03-2007, 09:19 PM

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:sQ14bfid_rYJ:nrpg.16.forumer.com/profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D3962%26sid%3D0c555bf1b7629decf3e964d5c03e48ad+killer23&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=43

its you lol

just asking
Tsk tsk

NPGR*********** :lol::lol:

killer23
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM

its you lol

just asking

lol, thats not me, i wish it was then ill be a sct lover or something :lol:

vizouk, send that guy a pm and tell him not to use my username :angry:

seanbee
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Like I have said in the FTN forums which I will say here, Brandon for president and the fellow staff of FTN as his ministers.

I am very happy for the thread starter and can only imagine his delight when he got that invite, and not just any invite but from the man himself. What an honor.

FTN is truly a great community and in my 12 weeks of being a member I have bonded greatly with some of the members on the forums and via IRC - I actually now look forward to joining the chat when I can.

I am working my way up to power user now (40gig to go :whistling) so I can request an invite for a close friend of mine because after saying my experiences he wants in but hey who can blame him?

killer23
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Like I have said in the FTN forums which I will say here, Brandon for president and the fellow staff of FTN as his ministers.

I am very happy for the thread starter and can only imagine his delight when he got that invite, and not just any invite but from the man himself. What an honor.

FTN is truly a great community and in my 12 weeks of being a member I have bonded greatly with some of the members on the forums and via IRC - I actually now look forward to joining the chat when I can.

I am working my way up to power user now (40gig to go :whistling) so I can request an invite for a close friend of mine because after saying my experiences he wants in but hey who can blame him?

yes i agree with you, FTN sounds like a very good place to share i am not a member but what everyone tells me it must be good,the complete opposite of ScT i think.

Adam1990
10-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Sct and FTN are both good. I have been lucky to become a part of ScT and I would definitely want be a part of FTN one day. FTN has one of the best community and a great tracker with good staff members who think of their members first. I would like to be on it someday.

vizouk
10-03-2007, 11:15 PM

its you lol

just asking

lol, thats not me, i wish it was then ill be a sct lover or something :lol:

vizouk, send that guy a pm and tell him not to use my username :angry:

need register lol but its funny when we search our nicks and after see guys using them.

:angry:and you can say: Hey dude i start use first

lol cheers.

:D

Gish
10-04-2007, 03:22 AM
its funny how FTN went from a normal but good everyday site to a "I got to have it" site.
I wounder why... Hmm
oh yeah
WIAW

RaPPeR
10-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Why so much spam ?
Go to lounge

lessthanfour
10-04-2007, 03:48 AM

8 pages later...

yes i agree with you, FTN sounds like a very good place to share i am not a member but what everyone tells me it must be good,the complete opposite of ScT i think.

What made it go from being "pure hype" to "a very good place to share"?

Kyl3KK: How are you liking it so far? Better than ScT in your opinion?

seanbee
10-04-2007, 03:54 AM

I was wondering the same thing too but I think I know the answer........... killer23 saw the thread starter being invited and I guess saw the light and decided that hey I want in too :whistling

killer23
10-04-2007, 03:58 AM

I was wondering the same thing too but I think I know the answer........... killer23 saw the thread starter being invited and I guess saw the light and decided that hey I want in too :whistling

no, the man himself- Brandon told me why.

thats my opinion, its not against the rules and you two are just looking for people to attack, go to another forum if you want to attack people:dry:

seanbee
10-04-2007, 04:02 AM

thats my opinion, its not against the rules and you two are just looking for people to attack, go to another forum if you want to attack people:dry:

You shared your opinion and we shared ours, why can you share what you think and we can't?

If you felt attacked then I am sorry but judging by your response I am now feeling attacked but again pardon me/us if I/we offended you.

Peace out

lessthanfour
10-04-2007, 04:11 AM
I did not attack you and I'm sorry if you you think I did. I was just honestly wondering why your opinion completely changed within 24 hours.

FTN is a great site, and I am just wondering what made you realize that?

killer23
10-04-2007, 04:19 AM

You shared your opinion and we shared ours, why can you share what you think and we can't?

If you felt attacked then I am sorry but judging by your response I am now feeling attacked but again pardon me/us if I/we offended you.

Peace out

stop being sarcastic, and you know you attacked me and tried to make fun of me when i dont even know you

I did not attack you and I'm sorry if you you think I did. I was just honestly wondering why your opinion completely changed within 24 hours.

i told you why in my last post

seanbee
10-04-2007, 04:25 AM

Peace out

stop being sarcastic, and you know you attacked me and tried to make fun of me when i dont even know you

Ok man, let me leave you alone cause you obviously know my intentions more than even I do but really from reading over my post and lessthanfour's I don't see how either of us attacked you but hey I guess two people can read the same thing and get different meanings from it.

PS: bear in mind though that this is a forum and not everyone will share your views or say the nicest things to you; one thing I have learnt being on forums and chat rooms is to not take everything seriously and try not to read too much into things.

Again peace out, now back to the topic at hand........... yes FTN is definately worth it

killer23
10-04-2007, 04:44 AM

Ok man, let me leave you alone cause you obviously know my intentions more than even I do but really from reading over my post and lessthanfour's I don't see how either of us attacked you but hey I guess two people can read the same thing and get different meanings from it.

PS: bear in mind though that this is a forum and not everyone will share your views or say the nicest things to you; one thing I have learnt being on forums and chat rooms is to not take everything seriously and try not to read too much into things.

Again peace out, now back to the topic at hand........... yes FTN is definately worth it

i didnt ask anyone to share my views or not!, you picked on me and read all my posts and you were off topic, so just leave me alone and stop going around attacking me!!

p.s. lessthanfour apologized so i forgive him.

seanbee
10-04-2007, 04:51 AM
i didnt ask anyone to share my views or not!, you picked on me and read all my posts and you were off topic, so just leave me alone and stop going around attacking me!!

:O

I am truly sorry for having opened my mouth (live and you learn).

p.s. lessthanfour apologized so i forgive him.

I thought I apologized as well.... oh well

Enjoy the rest of your day.

I am off to bed

Kyl3KK
10-04-2007, 04:56 AM
Kyl3KK: How are you liking it so far? Better than ScT in your opinion?

It's kind of hard to seed, but all my torrents are green! Definitely different from ScT, the community is way nicer.

As far as pretimes go, I would say that ScT and FTN are pretty much deadlocked, and while they are both 0day sites, each one has a few odd releases that the other does not (for example ScT has the DVD9 of Transformers, FTN does not). I can't say anything about actually downloading yet since so far all I've been doing is seeding stuff I have.

Still though, people who say it's sooooooooo hard to seed at ScT/FTN obviously have never been to OiNK or BitMe.

killer23
10-04-2007, 04:59 AM
for me Oink is not very hard to seed, but Bitme is definately the hardest to seed.

lessthanfour
10-04-2007, 05:10 AM
It's kind of hard to seed, but all my torrents are green! Definitely different from ScT, the community is way nicer.

Completely agree about the community. The community is definitely WAY nicer @ FTN.

Glad you're liking it! Looking forward to see what Brandon has in store for us for phase 2.

Kyl3KK
10-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Yeah I know I'm excited! :)

Brandon
10-04-2007, 05:55 AM

As are we :)
It's going to be quite a beauty behind the scenes when we're finished which is probably why i'm so excited. I always like being different and this is definitely something no other site has ever done to my knowledge. Should be another massive step from the normal private torrent system. Just hope you guys like it lol.

With that being said, it's a massive project on some levels, so be patient :)

nihility
10-04-2007, 06:00 AM
It's going to be quite a beauty behind the scenes when we're finished which is probably why i'm so excited. I always like being different and this is definitely something no other site has ever done to my knowledge. Should be another massive step from the normal private torrent system. Just hope you guys like it lol.

can you give us any hint at all as to what aspect it concerns? :D:ph34r:

..or would that ruin the suprise completely.

fazzy07
10-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Wow Brandon, it must be really major
Can't wait to see what happens

killer23
10-04-2007, 06:19 AM
ive noticed this- Brandon is the only member of staff of a tracker that actually talks to his members and cares for them, thats why FTN must be such a great community. if ever there was a tracker award i think FTN would win hands down. (mainly because of Brandons hard work)

game1283
10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
its funny how FTN went from a normal but good everyday site to a "I got to have it" site.
I wounder why... Hmm
oh yeah
WIAW

yes wiaw is a factor.. but the bigger reason is because of their nice staff:)

bblogs
10-04-2007, 09:08 AM
The anti-P2L and P4I makes a big difference in my books, there's few trackers that deserve to be respected IMO

Sench
10-05-2007, 04:50 AM
bah hope ill be able to compare them one day,too :)

fifty99
10-05-2007, 05:00 AM
I wounder why... Hmm
oh yeah
WIAW

Its always been "I got to have it" site in my books ... maybe it went to a "I got to have it" then because it was advertised ...

ive noticed this- Brandon is the only member of staff of a tracker that actually talks to his members and cares for them, thats why FTN must be such a great community. if ever there was a tracker award i think FTN would win hands down. (mainly because of Brandons hard work)

I would say the other F** site does the same thing ... staff at both sites are top notch and care for thier communities ... its just that the other F** site is a lil more privite community and u rarely hear it mentioned ...

Nogimics
10-05-2007, 03:42 PM
But personally I think FTN is a lot better than SCT.(Don't have any of them though) From what I've heard SCT is Pay2Leech and with that it's not even worth to join

FuToR try not to comment on sites if you don't know the facts.

ScT is NOT Pay2leech, they do however have a system where you can buy gigs if you WANT. It is not mandatory and you are under no obligation to do so. I don't agree with the system but I do think that users should know FACT, not you're interpretation from what you have read here.

Not having a go at you, its just worth correcting you, as this is how arguments and flaming starts.

I don't have an account with FTN so I won't comment other than to say it sounds like it has some interesting features compared to other trackers.

XS75
10-05-2007, 09:31 PM
ScT is a better tracker then FTN, its Torrents, its Users, in Staff, in just about everything.

0Ri0N
10-05-2007, 09:37 PM
ScT is a better tracker then FTN, its Torrents, its Users, in Staff, in just about everything.

:o

SgtMajor
10-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Let's not go there eh?

No need for site bashing, nothing wrong in objective comparisons, just keep it civil.

misledhope
10-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I :wub: FTN

silhoutte
10-06-2007, 05:09 AM
If i had ftn, I would have done with all other BT trackers i have. Why others if you have the fastest speed with freeleech? FTN IS THE TRACKER. Obviously, its worth going after, according to what i have heard. sct is only better when they have freeleech. But right now i'm in lots of crap (don't want to mention them here cause they aren't really crap but not rated here) which is sufficient for my needs. I love IP torrents and RespectTheSeed due to their speed and rare contents.

Have no doubt that you are a staff at sct. lol

wrongun92
10-06-2007, 05:25 AM
The man always wanders after what he does not have.

Whats the next step after obtaining sct and ftn?:D

Kyl3KK
10-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Nothing. I was happy with just ScT. FTN was just the icing on my cake. I don't even care for the bunny or wheelmods.

cabz
10-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Dont yell at me for asking..... but what does sct and ftn stand for?:unsure:

sense
10-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Dont yell at me for asking..... but what does sct and ftn stand for?:unsure:

Their full names are supposed to be kept hidden, those are the rules. However, if you do a little digging you can easily find out due to the carelessness of some people. :dry:

cabz
10-06-2007, 07:15 AM
lol, ok thanks.... and if i do find out... somehow.......... my lips are sealed:whistling

;):naughty:

piratex
11-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Its better u keep ur lips sealed .. Dont post over asking for it ..

Sylar666
11-11-2007, 08:20 AM
It's Your decision, M8! there is no good advice - only if U keep it!

Chewy
11-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Why bump a month old thread... o_O

kavalchuk17
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
now that you bring up this thread, what is this crazy thing no other tracker has done?

fstokebanget
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I think going after FTN is still worth it, maybe from the contents both are pretty similar, but when it comes to the packs, they could be different, and now what I really love from FTN is they don't count the download :) and from what I heard the staffs gonna add something's that other trackers don't have

gnlstryker
11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
You should be satisfied already ! Stop being greedy.

fOrUmAs
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
sct is pretty good but not as good like ftn :P

crackerjack
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
FTN is worth going after, in my opinion. I'm still after it :P

Diiyad
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
You realize ScT is a 18+ site? Two more years to go and you can be a legal member there.

predateur
01-07-2008, 06:04 PM
sct : better pre-time and better speed and the #of torrent /day on sct is better then ftn
ftn : the ratio idea make it the best tracker :)

so if you have not problems with uploading on sct , you have not to look for anyother other general tracker .

xJohnxSmithx
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
FTN is in a league of its own. Best of everything there. Sct is just another scene tracker like the rest of them. Great pretimes and speed, just like the rest of them.

shurato
01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Wow, i had no idea FTN was that impressive. I definitely like the seeding/ratio idea.