PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Using The Moviecollectorz Program To

ShareDaddy
07-09-2003, 04:53 PM
I love this program, I am just curious who else may be using it from our forum. Maybe we could share some tips and tricks or possibly swap lists. I currently use it for DVD's, my avi collection is still on an excel spreadsheet and will most likely stay that way as avi's are not my thing anymore. Just curious...

Current collection totals;
DVD = 320
Avi = 1,000 give or take.

that1dude
07-09-2003, 05:49 PM
how do i get to this moviecollecterz program
seems pretty interesting

freak
07-09-2003, 07:22 PM
What exactly it it? What does it do?

MetroStars
07-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Yeah this programs sounds mighty fine

johnnytightlips2
07-09-2003, 07:49 PM
its a program that catalogues and organizes all ur avis and dvds.

that1dude
07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
ya we figured that but were would it be

ShareDaddy
07-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by that1dude@9 July 2003 - 15:21
ya we figured that but were would it be
Go HERE (http://www.collectorz.com/movie/)

Movie Collector DVD Catalog Software

Do you know which movies you own? Or how many?
Using Movie Collector, you can:

Catalog your movies quickly and easily.
Just enter the title and Movie Collector will download all information from the internet, including the cover images.
Instantly sort the list on any field.
E.g. alphabetically on title, director or genre, or sorted on release date or purchase date.
Print sorted lists.
Ideal for insurance purposes, or to take with you to the store.
Search your movie collection on any field.
E.g. find all movie Arnie plays in.
Easy to use, intuitive user interface
Other features:

Explorer-like interface, allowing grouping on Genre, Actor, etc..
Loan Manager helps tracking which movies you loaned and to whom.
Export lists to HTML and ASCII files
XML/XSL based view of items, fully user configurable.
View graphical charts, with bars per genre, director, studio, etc...
Movie Collector runs on Windows 95, 98, NT4, ME, XP and 2000.

Buying Movie Collector
The price of Movie Collector is US $40 for the Pro version, or US $25 for the Standard version.
Buying is risk-free because:

You get a 30-day money back guarantee
You can try before you buy.

I give it 2 thumbs up, would give it more if I had more thumbs. Fantastic little program that does everything for you. The auto HTML creator feature alone is one fo the single greatest features. I have it create the HTML page(s) and then save it as a word document which then enables me to edit and refine for sharing via handouts while the pure HTML files can be posted to the internet without modification and all of the links basically give the browser a functioning version of the complete program, from a strictly viewable standpoint without update capability of course. I recommend the 3.3 PRO version whole-heartidly.

All of my picture hosting sites are offline at the moment, I am trying to work something out so that I can post a screenshot of my program, it is rather interesting to check out, Hopefully I will be back to add a picture or 2.

mogadishu
07-10-2003, 05:04 AM
how do you fit 1000 avi movies onto your hd?

Darth Sushi
07-10-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@9 July 2003 - 17:53
I love this program, I am just curious who else may be using it from our forum. Maybe we could share some tips and tricks or possibly swap lists. I currently use it for DVD's, my avi collection is still on an excel spreadsheet and will most likely stay that way as avi's are not my thing anymore. Just curious...

Current collection totals;
DVD = 320
Avi = 1,000 give or take.
ShareDaddy, have you tried Extreme Movie Manager (http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/index.php)? I prefer it over MovieCollectorz, for you can do a mass CD input so you don't have to type, just insert CDs! You can later retrieve a zillion movie information (including PICTURES, IMAGES and ACTORs) from IMDb or you can specify or write your own scripts. It will also grab information about your avi such as video/audio codecs, size, time, bitrate, etc. I posted a Cracked Version (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=37396&hl=extreme+movie)(ver 1.4) some time ago but the current version is 1.7 build 1. It's only $10 bucks and you can DL a demo at the official site. There's even a LOAN/RETURN option so you can keep track of any deadbeats and send someone over to break their legs! :D

eXtreme Movie Manager (formerly DivxManager) is a powerful software program used to manage your movie collection. It lets you catalogue your collection with detailed information and supports many video formats such as DivX, XviD, DVD, VHS, SVHS, VCD, DVD-R or LaserDisc. eXtreme Movie Manager is not just a movie/video collection manager, it's also a movie and actor database and a cover manager. With the exclusive "MagicScript" Technology, and the appropriate script, XMM allows you to retrieve movie information (especially PICTURES, IMAGES and COVERS) from ANY online movie databases. With the MagicScript EDITOR you can also create and edit your own Scripts. XMM is the complete movie collection manager - you won't need any other piece of software.

eXtreme Movie Manager is the most POWERFUL Movie Database Manager in the world, this is because there is a TEAM working HARD every day to provide you with New Features, Scripts, Options, and Technologies.
As a result of our tireless work we have produced the only Movie Manager that can:

* Download information from more that 60 Different Web sites...(and growing!!)
* Download Information from the Internet utilising CHAINS of Scripts for speed and ease
* Read Codecs from AVI, OGG, MPEG, IFO (DVD) Files
* Use exclusive HTML-DATABASE technology
* Download SUBTITLES files directly from Internet
* Export in TXT, CSV, MovieCards, HTM, WORD , EXCEL and Tabulated TXT
* Manage information and list of ACTORS, DIRECTORS, PRODUCERS etc...
* Create LABELS for your CDs (and soon for your DVDs and Videos as well)
* As well as many other things...

ilw
07-10-2003, 08:42 AM
I currently use MovieCollectorz, but this extreme movie manager does sound intriguing, i'll have to look into that. and Sharedaddy 1320 films :blink: most people i know look at me weirdly when they see i've got about 400-500 films on cd and dvd, u must get a few comments about that small collection of yours.
How many of them have u watched :huh: I haven't watched about a quarter of mine.

ShareDaddy
07-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ilw@10 July 2003 - 03:42
I currently use MovieCollectorz, but this extreme movie manager does sound intriguing, i'll have to look into that. and Sharedaddy 1320 films :blink: most people i know look at me weirdly when they see i've got about 400-500 films on cd and dvd, u must get a few comments about that small collection of yours.
How many of them have u watched :huh: I haven't watched about a quarter of mine.
I have watched all but a handfull of the DVD's and probably watched and or have seen previously around 3/4's of the avi's. As for the weird looks and statements I get from friends and family, they happen, but moreover they are happy to partake in my collection when watching a movie on my 57" Widescreen.

The way I look at it, either I am going to be "into" movies or something else, might as well be movies, everyone can enjoy them at times. My previous hobbies were more singular in nature such as books, coins, cars, etc. At least this hobbie can be and usually is enjoyed by everyone around me.

As for the other program, it sounds cool, but Moviecollectorz does most of that automatically. With regards to the typing, I would rather type a few key strokes than to have to insert all of my movies one by one, trust me it is quick and painless, aside from typing in the movie title or key word the rest is done and you can edit the info if and when your heart desires. You really have to try it as I cannot explain everything it does, but for DVD's I would use nothing else.

ShareDaddy
07-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mogadishu@10 July 2003 - 00:04
how do you fit 1000 avi movies onto your hd?
What kind of question is that?

First off I do have more than one hard drive in my PC so space is really not an issue. I have a total of 280 Gb's of hard drive space, which would probably hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 movies.

But I do not currently share my 1000+ avi's, roughly 850 of them are burned to disc (most of which were 2 disc versions, so yes I have over 1000 CD's burned with movies on them).

vivitron 15
09-03-2003, 11:33 PM
hey hey...i know this is an old one, but i was wondering if anyone has a crack/serial for MovieCollectorz program? I think the new version is 3.3 build 6, but if anyone has an older version (program+serial or even serial) they could email me, thatd be amazing.

i can recieve huuuge attachments on one of my email accounts, so i could sort out a full program no worries :)

if you can help, please PM me and we can organise it to happen :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@3 September 2003 - 18:33
hey hey...i know this is an old one, but i was wondering if anyone has a crack/serial for MovieCollectorz program?  I think the new version is 3.3 build 6, but if anyone has an older version (program+serial or even serial) they could email me, thatd be amazing.

i can recieve huuuge attachments on one of my email accounts, so i could sort out a full program no worries :)

if you can help, please PM me and we can organise it to happen :)
Talk to you in a few Viv on SS.....you know what Room.

vivitron 15
09-03-2003, 11:52 PM
cheers FC, but i cant get on SS atm..."Could not resolve server address....this may be a problem with you name resolution service"

ill speak to you some time soon about it over there though; i aint in no hurry for it :)

vivitron 15
09-04-2003, 12:19 AM
woohoo, i got on...just waitin for ya mate :)

jetje
09-04-2003, 12:22 AM
If not leyt me know vivi i have it..! :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by jetje@3 September 2003 - 19:22
If not leyt me know vivi i have it..!  :)
:P Well if you would ever get your butt over there. :P

vivitron 15
09-04-2003, 12:29 AM
got it thanks....and you really should come to SS more often....(not that i have lately ;) )

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-04-2003, 12:33 AM
:lol:

Actually...Jetje was there too much...he needed a break.