View Full Version : Sharing the cost of a Seedbox

playerdotca
10-03-2007, 03:01 AM
* Intel® Pentium™ IV 2.4 GHZ
* 1024MB DDR-RAM
* 80GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
* 3000GB Bandwidth
**this is a Vectoral Server, so reliability is always good

Anyone interested to help me pay....(100 bux a month), 2 other interested people join, we can each get 1 TB of bandwidth which is PLENTY, we each get 25 gigs of space and we all share a 100 mb connection line, which is great.

Cost is 35 USD per person, sounds good?? PM if interested. I hope this is a reasonable cost, o yeah I only accept paypal sorry

thanks

I need trustworthy people ONLY, please pm me with a little background information why you need a seedbox and yeah, make sure u have paypal, I'm getting the actual server on friday, so pm if your interested so i can get stuff worked out.

JA
10-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Also need to see how many IP's the give you...

3 People sharing 1 IP would be a bitch.

KFlint
10-03-2007, 03:06 AM
35 USD is a lot of money for only 1 TB bandwith in my opinion

have you consider getting a hosting-ie for yourself only, should be roughly the same price and you will be able to use 4 TB a month without problem

J.A : Vectoral comes with 3 IPs

if you want to open tracker sites from the seedbox on differents IPs, than it's a whole lot of trouble but can be done with IPTables

for utorrent only, then no problem

playerdotca
10-03-2007, 03:10 AM
I got 8 ip's...lol 3 are reserved for people that pay, and the other 5 are for people that I support on my friends site, if they need help uploading. I get 3 TB in total, is that actually too...little?

have you consider getting a hosting-ie for yourself only, should be roughly the same price and you will be able to use 4 TB a month without problem

if you want to open tracker sites from the seedbox on differents IPs, than it's a whole lot of trouble but can be done with IPTables

Wait a min, I have a windows server ready, is it still going to be a bitch to set up ip adresses for different users on the seedbox?? Please help and thanks

chesa
10-03-2007, 03:38 AM
honestly 1tb is nothing i do that in a couple days why dont u each pay 100 a month and get some sick server with unlimted bandwith

playerdotca
10-03-2007, 03:40 AM
so your saying I got screwed...?

psxcite
10-03-2007, 04:01 AM
35 USD a month and 4TB on traffic? Please show me a link to that service. How much HDD space though, 100MB? That sounds too good to be true.

JA
10-03-2007, 04:04 AM
35 USD a month and 4TB on traffic? Please show me a link to that service. How much HDD space though, 100MB? That sounds too good to be true.
30gig HD its unmetered and its 35 US a month...100MB/100MB

I think..correct me if im wrong. The 4TB was just an approximation..give or take a few TB'z.

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Did you go for one then in the end for yourself?

Artemis
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Wait a min, I have a windows server ready, is it still going to be a bitch to set up ip adresses for different users on the seedbox?? Please help and thanks

You can configure Windows 2003 and for multiple users and bind multiple instances of utorrent to different IP addresses on the server so yes you can have have utorrent running on different IP's it just depends on what you think of as easy or a bitch ? lol, its not that hard to configure though.

richard123
10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
did you get a server in the end. im interested.
chesa idea is good. have a think. unlimited we could get for a few hundred dollar

playerdotca
10-04-2007, 02:28 PM
bump....anyone? It can even just be one person, and we can split the costs...pm me if interested

psxcite
10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
30gig HD its unmetered and its 35 US a month...100MB/100MB

I think..correct me if im wrong. The 4TB was just an approximation..give or take a few TB'z.

35 a month? US dollars not food stamps, right?
Gotta link?

Fiamma
10-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I got 8 ip's...lol 3 are reserved for people that pay, and the other 5 are for people that I support on my friends site, if they need help uploading. I get 3 TB in total, is that actually too...little?

So that makes a possible 8 users on that bandwidth and HDD space and you want someone to pay to help you support your friends?

Sounds like a bad deal to me.