PDA

View Full Version : can i use 2 ip's

ADELA
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
well the time has come and ive made the move to usenet. i went with newsdemon and yes i followed a link here ;) i have a server but im using usenet on my home computer. can i use usenet on both at the same time?

MultiForce
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
well the time has come and ive made the move to usenet. i went with newsdemon and yes i followed a link here ;) i have a server but im using usenet on my home computer. can i use usenet on both at the same time?

You are NOT allowed to share accounts. If our system detects multiple IP addresses are accessing your accounts we reserve the right to cancel your account. Please see our Terms Page located here: Terms Page

http://www.newsdemon.com/faq.php#nogo

I use radmin to connect to my server @ home to manage downloads etc. You can also transfer files that way if you want the files where you are.

There are also a bunch of other things to use but that depends on why you ask..

ADELA
10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
ty

i just wanted to download stright to my server to upload on a site

MultiForce
10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
In Alt.Binz there is a Schedule thingie. Maybe you can use something like that? You could just put the NZBs in a folder that the program checks automatically.

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Not normally at the same time, but you can switch between the two all the time, only using one location at any one time.

wickedsick
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
if ur allowed 10 connections u could use 5 on each. giganews is the best. 200 days retention:01:

MultiForce
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
if ur allowed 10 connections u could use 5 on each. giganews is the best. 200 days retention:01:

Maybe you should take a look at my first post...?

ADELA
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
well i tried and i downloaded 20 gb's @ home then waited 24 hours and downloaded 10 gb's on my server. my acct is still active.

SgtMajor
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
well i tried and i downloaded 20 gb's @ home then waited 24 hours and downloaded 10 gb's on my server. my acct is still active.

I wait <1 min :)

I quite often have to wait longer until the old connection has logged off, and I am still trying to connect on the box at the same time, then I do the reverse, I still have my account 6 months later and I do it at least weekly, sometimes daily.

bwaduk
10-06-2007, 11:46 PM
you can use 2 ip's or more at the same time with newsdemon i used to do it all the time, home, work, server, few friends used it as well, not sure bout it now as i now have giganews and it cant use 2 ip's at the same time

pbjabba
10-08-2007, 04:02 AM
I think you should be fine as long as you don't try and use 2 ips at the same time (as said above) because alot of people have dynamic ips which change all the time anyway

didineedthis
10-12-2007, 05:06 AM
i have been using grabbit for over 12 months with 2 ips.
we both connect at the same time .

some times we get an error message 2 many simultaneous connections
other times its fine.

stroj
10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
what about giganews and more IP's?

psxcite
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Giganews will close your account due to violations of their TOS agreement. I wouldn't try it.