PDA

View Full Version : My Internet History Does Not Delete

MetroStars
07-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok here's the deal...

I like 2 delete my internet history but sum of does not delete...

When I click on the History Icon and go 2 view and then By Order Visted Today all the files still remain... I don't get it...

I have used Window Washer & Evidence Elimator but still when i click on By Order Visted Today everything still reamains..

can any help i need sum advice

bulio
07-09-2003, 07:25 PM
right click on ie explorer go to properties and select clear history and clear cookies.

MetroStars
07-09-2003, 07:30 PM
dude i have dun that 88 times and it will still not delete

ultimatejester
07-09-2003, 07:49 PM
try reinstallin it, fixed it 4 me

TClite
07-09-2003, 08:57 PM
dont run ww or evidance proggie whilst still running Ie or it wont delete your history tab contents...try running ww with Ie closed, probably already done this though..worth a shot

Wolfmight
07-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Yea.. IE has a repair option in Add/Remove

shn
07-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Some of those files cookies etc might still be in use so you cant delete them.

Fuck internet history and all that crap, no one needs it. This is what I do:

Go to options in internet explorer and make sure that you set the settings for the amount of disk space ie uses for temp internet files to the lowest possible...............1 meg. Which is still a lot but if you dont change that the default disk cache for those files will be hundreds of megs and a bitch to delete if you dont do it like every other hour or day. Also go to the advanced tab in ie and check the box that says empty your temp internet folder on ie shutdown. :unsure:

shogunxxx
07-09-2003, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE]Ok here's the deal...

I like 2 delete my internet history but sum of does not delete...

When I click on the History Icon and go 2 view and then By Order Visted Today all the files still remain... I don't get it...

I have used Window Washer & Evidence Elimator but still when i click on By Order Visted Today everything still reamains..

can any help i need sum advice

i had this problem i ended up getting a program called Alltracksgone from adsgone there's a trial version of it .
i use it and it work's :P
lol

uNz[i]
07-10-2003, 06:05 AM
I use Cleanup. It's free and it'll delete EVERY trace of your web activities - if you want it to... including that stubborn index.dat file.
It has a number of delete settings, from basic thru to military grade.

http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

ShockAndAwe^i^
07-10-2003, 06:15 AM
right click on ie explorer go to properties and select clear history and clear cookies.

This is a little off topic but-
Where in the heck are you supposed to right click on IE.
I've tried it and it doesn't work for me.
I think? :blink: :blink:

balamm
07-10-2003, 06:25 AM
Tools/internet options

dgmortal
07-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@10 July 2003 - 01:15

i know that in xp, if you click on the internet explorer link pinned on the start menu, you can bring up the internet options box. just the same as clicking on tools>internet options from the browser.

I.am
07-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@10 July 2003 - 01:15

Well right click on the "icon" of Internet explorer i.e. on your desktop or start menu. Or otherwise as balamm indicated after opening Internet Explorer Go to Tools > Internet Options.

ShockAndAwe^i^
07-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Thanks!
I knew about going to the tools menu, but I didn't know that you could right click the icon and bring up internet properties.

gaggen
07-13-2003, 09:42 PM
:angry: :rolleyes: :D :lol: :lol: :ph34r: :blink: :unsure: :) B) :P :huh:

Dapadipz
07-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Metrostatrs i had the same problem.

use CleanCentre works like a charm

PM me if u need a serial or cant find the program