PDA

View Full Version : Have been using usenet

Tokeman
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
depends on your wants/needs/expectations. With torrents, you have upload back to the community, worry about ratio, etc. Things show up slightly faster on the better torrent sites before they show on newsgroups, but whats a few minutes anyway?
I find myself using newsgroups more and more, and just seeding some stuff back to torrent sites so that I can build a good ratio and download some of the older/non scene stuff that may not have many leechers. Scene stuff I just get from newsgroups, so I dont have to worry about ratio on big dvdr's and such.

So yea, its basically up to what your looking for..

SgtMajor
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Not better - just different.

I use usenet for my larger DVDR downloads, it is quicker & cleaner, when you have dowloaded a DVDR via usenet the job is finished, if you download on torrents you have to give back that 4.4Gb + some to keep your part of the sharing agreement between you and the torrent site, and giving back 4+GB can be troublesome for some on crappy lines.

I use torrents for the interesting little things I don't have to go so searching for on usenet, and it is easier to seed back + some for what I take, and then I can talk about shit in the tracker forums without being flamed to hell like usenet groups tend to do.

So use them both, both have plus & minus points.

MrLazy
10-03-2007, 07:45 PM
torrents are better, sharing is caring remember? if no one shared .. then no one will be able to download in the first place... this is why i choose bittorrent.

Windy72
10-03-2007, 08:09 PM
torrents are better, sharing is caring remember? if no one shared .. then no one will be able to download in the first place... this is why i choose bittorrent.

People don't share on usenet? I think you are wrong. It would not exist without sharers.:yup:

SiNa
10-03-2007, 08:14 PM

yeah yeah yeah. and you're the one that thinks everyone that seeds really care about YOU:frusty: lmao:lol:

saulin
10-04-2007, 07:02 AM
People share a shit lot more on Usenet. There are many re uploads as requested and the content is insanely huge. It can't be compared to any tracker. Is just too big.

Usenet is usually my main source for anything. I use trackers for stuff I can't find on Usenet or for stuff that might take a few hours to hit Usenet.

I'm with Usenetserver 101+ days of renetion is alright for me and the price is right, it maxes my 10Mbit conenction all the time too.