PDA

View Full Version : High level trackers

asafb
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Well
it took me sometime to realize this: all of those high level trackers are totally worthless when it's coming to o-day(not big packs),I and countless others want FTN SCT BLA BLA BLA,well i really dont care about them,i got sick of those trackers(because p4invites) ,i really dont want to be in those...
all that truoble for a stupid site..

not to mention P2L - the second worst thing i saw after scammers - SCT and iplay you both be ashamed of yourself demandimg and screwing people to paying for filesharing(getting in the tracker), i really can't understand why people still want to get in iplay & SCT...
totally pointless paying to get access when you can get it for free in 98% of other trackers.total waste of time...
you should enlighten SCT's and iplay's staff that the community is what builds the tracker not the MONEY...
i'v also heard they(SCT's staff) buying with the donation what they can buy with they sallary..(get a job, stop lurking people's money, greedy bastards!)
TL is all that i want,need and be using , i'm sure there isn't even one person who will disagree with me..
Anyone can get what they want in TL
Guys, you should really get a life...
private trackers (for me) took 14 hours a day(min.), i really can't and won't let this stupid thing seperate me from real people(not online friends),real conversations and seeing people and getting good grades in school...
i'm declaring, i'm done with the wild gose chase after a lost purpose:frusty:, Almost all the sites that i'm not using i will giveaway, including invites and accounts,i'm keeping to myself only what's good for me and my self development.
if i'll be here, you can see that i'll be here ONLY for the people...
everyone did and will do a mistakes, i'm sorry that i dragged myself to trackers rating, i see my friends(real friends), using TL and being happy about it.. it's really inspiring for me..
To all new members and old ones.. please do yourself a favor , WIAW thread and trackers rating are totally pointless, and chasing after sites..
I would like to mention i was a trader and i most definitely NOT an anti trader..
Eeveryone has the choice to do whatever they like along with the risks..
i'm not for or against those 2 groups that really should stop doing whatever they do..
you all need to stop being greedy and try ao get every site which I know you'll probably be using TL..
altough i'm 17 after this thread i fell that i'm more mature then when i was when i started this pointless neven lasting chase..
i'm happy that i finally wrote my thoughts and expressed them in public
I fell free :)
you shoud do the same..
express your thoughts here..
you're more then welcome pming me about grammer mistakes or anything else

p.s.
my giveaway will be in a few days which i'll give almost all of my acounts/invites which i dont use..
anyone willing to join my giveaway are more then welcome to pm me :)
thx for reading all of this
and sorry for the long text :)
best regards
asafb

fstemon
10-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't believe everything you hear.

SiNa
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Interesting to read my friend, since it also applies to me. i'm 17 too and have wasted alot of time for this. but happily and fortunately enough FOR ME i have gotten all i want, and my needs have been fulfilled. i hope it has for you too so you dont leave all this depressed knowing you didnt get what you want at the end even though TL has everything you need. GL in whatever your decision is mate.

btw: about 9 hours is left (you know what i mean:))

dbmp
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Just use what you have and someday you'll have more. :)

Zeus
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Why do you slam ScT for p2l and praise TL. TL openly admits to making money from their p2l system (which traps users into it unlike a pay for gigs system), and with their member base you can bet they make more than ScT could dream of.

I agree that you can get pretty much everything you want from TL but the speeds better at both FTN and ScT, so are the forums. Also all the anti-piracy groups are active on TL so you are way more likely to get a cease+desist letter when you use them (just search around and see how many TL users have received warning letters).

gtf0
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
wow

so much bullshit in one post, i'm impressed

th0r
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Paragraphs and similar typefaces!

:pinch:

playerdotca
10-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Interesting read man, I enjoyed it. I only download at 320 kbs at home, which isn't that great considering other people, so speed doesn't really make a difference.

I'm glad your only 17 and your becoming mature about this. Goodjob

Koeckebacker
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I disagree with about everything you wrote asafb.

stroj
10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
wow

actually its not, you should try it sometime too, not just 5 word replies "blaah blaah fuck blaah nubz"

Cmon
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
who told you to pay to join them?
Don't donate/don't buy an invite if you want, it's up to you
I don't care what people say about P2L since I don't pay at all to join/use those tracker

Blame yourself if you use 14 hours a day on private trackers, you're not mature enough to manage your time if you waste 14 hours on private tracker, except maybe you don't care about your real life at all

gtf0
10-03-2007, 09:04 PM
:blink:

wow

actually its not, you should try it sometime too, not just 5 word replies "blaah blaah fuck blaah nubz"

its not about my 5 words reply its about BS he wrote ... he said that he hates SCTs p4gigs but TLs p2l is ok? ... whats the point here?

and asafb you dont have to believe everything what poor brandon said

Polarbear
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
i'm happy that i finally wrote my thoughts and expressed them in public
I fell free :)

right on. may freedom be with you brother. you resisted the devil called high ranked tracker :D

some people do take this shit really too serious

shutdk
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Too much reading...

killer23
10-03-2007, 09:41 PM
this is not mature, but a unintelligent way of seeing it,

your idea is partly true but your completely missing the whole idea of it and the other side of trackers

let me give you one example, theres downloading and trading,

one example is pokemon cards lol, all the cards are made of paper and are the same size and worth the same, BUT people want to get the ones with the highest levels because they enjoy it, we all know we can download and what not, people like levels, it gets them excited.

seanbee
10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I disagree with whatever that guy said, although I didn't read it....... actually I couldn't read it. Paragraphs should be used from time to time. :yup:

pECi
10-03-2007, 09:45 PM
actually TL is the most hardcore P2L tracker in the world...they have banners monthly drawings for people who donate links to donate on browse aso and why the hell do you think they have more than 180000 users...just to benefit the humanity and for the community?

regarding to iPLAY...where the hell besides that link to the donate page (which every tracker in the world has) do u see stuff telling u to donate...no one is forcing u to donate...

but i'm sure that u know that servers for the website are free around every corner, hosting + bandwidth, electricity is free everywhere, and we just have to double click something and if there's something wrong it gets fixed automatically

stroj
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
actually TL is the most hardcore P2L tracker in the world...they have banners monthly drawings for people who donate links to donate on browse aso and why the hell do you think they have more than 180000 users...just to benefit the humanity and for the community?

regarding to iPLAY...where the hell besides that link to the donate page (which every tracker in the world has) do u see stuff telling u to donate...no one is forcing u to donate...

but i'm sure that u know that servers for the website are free around every corner, hosting + bandwidth, electricity is free everywhere, and we just have to double click something and if there's an something wrong it gets fixed automatically

Yeah but still.. ads > p4invites (for those who would like to invite friends). And p2l on TL its like..ermm raise ur hands those who donated becouse ur upload stat (and not having dialup or worse connect). When i had max up speed 20kBps max, i managed to get PU in 2 weeks or so. How long would it take on sct?

killer23
10-03-2007, 09:54 PM

but i'm sure that u know that servers for the website are free around every corner, hosting + bandwidth, electricity is free everywhere, and we just have to double click something and if there's an something wrong it gets fixed automatically

i agree with you, but this is something that i cant understand, why is TL so underestimated? i am a poweruser there, and i must admit its probably the one of the best tracker in the world, but there is the fact of all the children that like trading and levels- one example i said before- PoKemon!!!!! :lol:

ADELA
10-03-2007, 10:03 PM
ive seen both sides of filesharing trackers. p2l and non p2l. to be honest i really dont care as long as the money is being used to better the site. i can say as long as ive been a member @ sct and it has been long i havent seen any change to the layout or site. now i dont know what goes on behind the scenes (no pun intened) but what matters to users is what they see.

yes you cant compare sct to tl cuz of the amount of users tl has but @ the same time ive seen changes on tl that i havent seen on sct. btw i'll take some of those invites you dont need off ur hands buddy ;)

whiteboy
10-03-2007, 10:32 PM
LOL You never have to pay on sct unless you choose to. I agree that some of the high level trackers are pointless but sct and ftn are great.

asafb
10-03-2007, 10:57 PM

but i'm sure that u know that servers for the website are free around every corner, hosting + bandwidth, electricity is free everywhere, and we just have to double click something and if there's something wrong it gets fixed automatically

I know that domain,servers etc. costs money, i didnt blame you for getting donations from people who WANTS to donate
i'm saying for an example that you have to pay(a.k.a "donate") to get invites in SCT and iplay which is wrong in my opinion.. donation it's perfectly fine, i dont see any wrong with it, your missing the point..

If that's the comments that i recieve for saying my opinion in public, no matter no one wants to say their opinion..
so much jurks who think they're funny...
i actually feel sorry for them...

whiteboy - enjoy them..
i didnt say thery suck, they're great, but i dont intend to
waist my time looking for an invite...

after i've seen the comment..
all the invites will go to my friends...
greedy people dont deserve invites...

gtf0
omfg
you guys are more idiots then me..(and i'm not)
i sayed that i dont like the idea of paying for invites! as stroj sayed..

i have overracted about the time i used to browse FST..
but i took a big chunk of my time..
it's addicting what can i say.., so i'm cutting it here before it gets worst...

Interesting to read my friend, since it also applies to me. i'm 17 too and have wasted alot of time for this. but happily and fortunately enough FOR ME i have gotten all i want, and my needs have been fulfilled. i hope it has for you too so you dont leave all this depressed knowing you didnt get what you want at the end even though TL has everything you need. GL in whatever your decision is mate.

btw: about 9 hours is left (you know what i mean:))

Interesting read man, I enjoyed it. I only download at 320 kbs at home, which isn't that great considering other people, so speed doesn't really make a difference.

I'm glad your only 17 and your becoming mature about this. Goodjob

this kind of comments is why i wrote in the first place this thread thx..

except maybe you don't care about your real life at all
WTF?
didn't you read my first post?
read it again...
that's why i'm stopping with chasing sites...

aysomc
10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
trackers arent hard to understand, you shouldnt be wasting all day on them like you were, get the ones you like and from them dl whatever you want a couple times a week and leave your client running to UL. it shouldnt be something that you spend a lot of time doing, i have everything i wanted as far as trackers go except FTN and revolt( i barely missed signups for this :( ) and i imagine ill continue trying to get them until i finally do, after that i can stop looking and just start building up my accounts so i can do more giveaway to other good members like me that dont have what they want yet. i like using forums but the trackers themselves are kind of a secondary to me, i love small communities of people who are all into the same thing, assuming of course the majority of those people are mature.

oh and also if you're into TV and dont care about the community and just want trackers as a place to dl from definitely get scc. almost all releases i see on bmtv are on scc at the same time or sooner and they even have quite a few that bmtv doesnt have. so TL and scc are all i would NEED if i didnt care about community but i do.

asafb
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
trackers arent hard to understand, you shouldnt be wasting all day on them like you were, get the ones you like and from them dl whatever you want a couple times a week and leave your client running to UL. it shouldnt be something that you spend a lot of time doing, i have everything i wanted as far as trackers go except FTN and revolt( i barely missed signups for this :( ) and i imagine ill continue trying to get them until i finally do, after that i can stop looking and just start building up my accounts so i can do more giveaway to other good members like me that dont have what they want yet. i like using forums but the trackers themselves are kind of a secondary to me, i love small communities of people who are all into the same thing, assuming of course the majority of those people are mature.

oh and also if you're into TV and dont care about the community and just want trackers as a place to dl from definitely get scc. almost all releases i see on bmtv are on scc at the same time or sooner and they even have quite a few that bmtv doesnt have. so TL and scc are all i would NEED if i didnt care about community but i do.
that's constructive criticism :), i really liked reading you post, not aggresive nor trying to make fun of me..
I ment that i'm wasting time chasing trackers HERE(FST), all the trackers are easy to understand that's not the point of the thread..
I really dont care about pretimes..
I have SCC but i prefer to download tv shows from TL because of the great speeds
thx for the advice :)

killer23
10-03-2007, 11:39 PM

that's constructive criticism :), i really liked reading you post, not aggresive nor trying to make fun of me..
I ment that i'm wasting time chasing trackers HERE(FST), all the trackers are easy to understand that's not the point of the thread..
I have SCC but i prefer to download tv shows from TL because of the great speeds

its true what you meant, and i repect your view but people like the excitement of trading and getting higher levels because downloading is just not enough for them. i didnt mean to be aggressive, but you should understand the other side of it and respect other peoples view.

asafb
10-03-2007, 11:45 PM

its true what you meant, and i repect your view but people like the excitement of trading and getting higher levels because downloading is just not enough for them. i didnt mean to be aggressive, but you should understand the other side of it and respect other peoples view.
i know all that i did is stated my opinion..
i never sayed that you believe or game is wrong..in the counterwise , you're right there's alot of people trading(i once did)if that's there thing so be it..
i wish them to have fun doing that
FST is a free forum and everybody can express their thoughts(like i did) and it's one of the most importent & basic laws on the world which i agree with,stating your thoughts :)
good night everybody and more constructive criticism are welcome and of course thoughts as well :)

killer23
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
one example is pokemon cards lol, all the cards are made of paper and are the same size and worth the same, BUT people want to get the ones with the highest levels because they enjoy it, we all know we can download and what not, people like levels, it gets them excited, so your completely missing the point, your theory is old. :) to be 17 and come up with this "revoluntionary" idea you have is pathetic for your age, your really immature in fact. :lol:

you're right, it's a game..
and what happens when you win?
THAT'S immature, playing with accounts of trackers .. it's like you treat the tracker and staff as junk..
only using the site to gain 1 level...
That's pathetic..
i've always disliked you're previous posts.. your posting in an arrogant way, which i really hate.

ok, yeah, but now your getting personal which i never was to you :ermm:

asafb
10-03-2007, 11:56 PM
i'm sorry killer23 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/killer23-176954) i wrote it before you did the nice honest response..
i'm editing myne
you should do it to :)

Cmon
10-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I do read it, just saying that for an exception who don't care about real life (at least I think you were)

xJohnxSmithx
10-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Cheers
I really appreciate your post.

I am 34 and i hear a lot of what you are saying. First off I am pro dontating to trackers. I made a post here once asking for sct. the basic response was. You need to pay to get in. Now i never spoke to any reps from sct so i can't confirm this but sounds like a membership fee to me. I was also made aware of the P2L system. Mix P2L and a bunch of seedboxes and everybody is somehow forced to pay. Ya i know i pay for my internet connection etc... but those are basics. Now you mentioned TL. Yes, that is a great example of a tracker that works. I was never aware of a p2l sysem there but if you guys say so... anyways, its easy to seed back to TL. I never have to worry about my ratio. It's always good there cuz they have tonns of leechers. That and they always make their mark without making any noise.

Bottom line is: I gave up the hunt right after that post. I have 1 high end tracker and everything else is 4 and under. but really they are all 9s and 10s... :) cuz they have everything.

Brandon
10-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Read your PM asafb (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/asafb-170421)

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 12:58 AM
they are all 9s and 10s... :) cuz they have everything....

...that i'm looking for.

but some people seek special content and the benefit of a smaller more private community.

no doubt, tl is a great tracker. it was my first and it'll be my last.

take me for example. i like jazz music - not very popular amongst scene kiddies these days. so i tried everything to get into oink, because somebody told me i would find a lot more there, than on filemp3 (which i still use of course).

i agree on the p2l argument as well. i don't remember exactly which it was but one tracker had a rule like this:

don't sell our invites - if we wanted our invites to be sold we would do it ourselves

sct doesn't want their invites to be sold as well - they just went one step further in business strategy :D

rvt
10-04-2007, 12:59 AM
My join date on TL: 2005-06-27 (118 weeks ago)
My ratio: 1.958 with 140GB buffer
Total amount donated: $0
Total number of times I've been asked to pay for anything: zero (0)
Listening to people talk out of their ass: Priceless.

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM
by the way, wouldn't that be a great sct tracker slogan:

don't trade or sell our invites - we do it ourselves!

sorry guys, i love sct. i was just thinking of this slogan appearing under their donation button and it made me laugh :D

no offence to sct - great tracker whatsoever

isabel.pirate
10-04-2007, 02:13 AM
35 with a kid - self employed - surfing the forums for the endless ride can suck up a large part of your day. I have to really work not to get addicted to forums and the search. I was perfectly happy with oink for 2 years then I took a look to see what else was out there and I found TI and then here. I spend minimum an hour a day reading and writing post, most of them informative. My goals are lower BitmeTV but I am sure once I get an invite to there my goals will change.

If I were you I would not quit but use this as a way to control you addiction. Spending 14 hours a day searching for great trackers is better than wasting your life on drugs or many of the other addictions.

There is no way I can afford p2l but if you get greedier than you upload can sustain it is a way out. I think greed is one of the most common themes that enter my posts.:P

Good luck with the soul searching

BTW I played SIMS (the game) for a day and half before I realized that I was treating these virtual creatures better than I was myself. Take out your own garbage before taking out the garbage of a virtual house. Just a small word of advice.

Something Else
10-04-2007, 02:24 AM
stop lurking people's money

:glag: that's a good one...

Idanp
10-04-2007, 04:41 AM
I don't see anything wrong with p4l systems they don't force you to pay nothing...
and who gives a fuck what they do with the money? im enjoy there community/fast speeds/pre times/everything without paying nothing
i think some ppl just jealous them

ghepard112
10-04-2007, 05:53 AM
i agree with you

shazzar
10-04-2007, 06:18 AM
I say Hoarse for courses. Some people enjoy collecting rare trackers or spending alot of time with online community whilst other are happy with just using a tracker like tl for downloading only (Bitorrenting is nothing compared to mmporg gaming when it comes to amount spend online).

Paying for invites or upload credit seem ok to me as doesnt affect your downloading/uploading. Its all optional and you dont really need to pay if you dont want to.

I have personally stopped collecting loads of trackers but still wont rely just on Tl for all my content since they may close down, have server problems etc. I,ll like to be prudent and dont like to keep all my eggs in one basket.

Polarbear
10-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Paying for upload credit seem ok to me as doesnt affect your uploading.

sorry i don't get that.

if paying for upload credit doesn't effect your uploading, what does?
uh, uploading? :blink:

game1283
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I respect all your opinions guys, your post is good asafb (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/asafb-170421) and their criticisms as well are good.. it makes us know some things and some points we do not know..

and in my opinion, because these are not personal arguments, and no one is personally involved.. this thread is good and the criticisms are constructive..

for me, let's open our eyes and our minds for others opinion and think about it :)

Ali-g
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Well it depends on wut ur looking for..
If u look for content u should go at Demonoid, have there everything.. If u are looking for speed then some high lvl. trackers I definetly the best. Regards

asafb
10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
wow, only slept in the night and 25 posts :)
well guys i'm happy to hear all of your thoughts, it's good to hear other's opinions sometimes(like you're listening to myne)..

I would like to thank brandon for his kindness for inviting me to F** altough i didnt ask and it wasn't the thread cause...

everybody has their choice of donating or not..., I do not(cause i'm under 18 :)), but paying only to gain access to the site itself and not knowing if you'll get ban the next day,it's a waist of money if you ask me, I totally agree with donations -there are the no. 1 source for keeping the site alive,i didnt say it was wrong...
but paying to invite a friend to filesharing(downaloading stuff from the site) costs money that's wrong IN MY OPINION...
everybody is looking for content (i'm one of them), that's why i got the place,the vault, and i dont think anything from above level 6 is worth going after because they usually have the same stuff(that's my opinion again-you may correcy me if i'm wrong).

Again guys if donations JUST to keep the site going is p2l then every site is p2l.
that's not the point,as written in my post above it's about p4invites...
I know,you dont have to give money to get invites..
but that's keeping alot of good users out of their site by wanting money just so they can enter the site..

Ali-g what's written in you sig. sums it all for people who likes to get the higher trackers:

The Chase is Better than the Catch

asafb
10-04-2007, 10:55 AM
wedited -please delete all the posts
damn server load =/

asafb
10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
edited -please delete all the posts except the first
damn server load =/

asafb
10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
edited -please delete all the posts except the first
damn server load =/

sanjana
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Does SCT is charging for the invitation to joinn...

Ali-g
10-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I completely agree with u asafb... Actually filesharing is made for free-sharing, and I dont like all sites telling u donate.donate.donate... Im actually under-18 too but if Id ever do a donation it wont ever be for my ratio or UL or invites to trade :S. Ill do it if i really like the tracker and I want it to go on.