PDA

View Full Version : Format Pc , Reinstalling Windows , Backup

dudevenezuela
07-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know a website for a complete guide of stuff like formatting your pc, reinstalling windows, making backups .....

Guides or good tips for this ¿

Wolfmight
07-09-2003, 09:04 PM
It's not that hard really.

You want to backup stuff like: My Documents,Stuff in C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092; <your user name>, etc.

I suggest u get Partion Magic.. make a backup partion if u got a big hd.
Spend atleast 1 hour or so thinkin of what u need to backup. When your finally ready, partion magic has a format feature.. format your c drive.. it&#39;ll do it in DOS on reboot, then put the xp disk in and let it boot up to install.. (you should probably get the XP Pro Bootdisks if u downloaded xp off kazaa or something: http://www.bootdisk.com/.. after u start the installation.. you choose wat u want from there.

dudevenezuela
07-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks

I&#39;m new with this... because i don&#39;t want to pay to someone for doing this&#33; and they ask for good money for doing this little thing (reinstalling windows and formatting)

I use windows ME , because my pc is:

500mhz
256 MB RAM
20GB

Should i still try Partion Magic¿

Wolfmight
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
yea, Partion Magic allows u to make partions, format, etc on a hardrive.
A partion will make 2 virtual hds on your disk.. it&#39;ll add a space that will act as a diff hd.. allowing backup of your files while u can format your windows os partion.