PDA

View Full Version : Seeding @ Oink

kooftspc11
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
how come partial seeding doesnt work at oink?

blackbird
10-04-2007, 05:16 PM
unless you upload .. its gona be hard maintaining a ratio in oink with seeding alone

kooftspc11
10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
unless you upload .. its gona be hard maintaining a ratio in oink with seeding alone

You know, one of the problems i am having there right now is that I have alot of DJ mixes that i would like to upload but i am afraid that they might be tagged as transcodes.....

Presto
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
It does work, not so well as on other trackers, but it does. If you have a decent connection, then just jump on popular, fresh torrents and don't bother to use partial downloading, just download the full file and seed. Everyone says, that it's so hard to seed in oink, I wouldn't say so.

T_w
10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
You can always download stuff from other trackers , and seed them at OiNK...like big packs or whatever...

lessthanfour
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Try uploading applications, audiobooks, ebooks, etc.
If you have any cds at all, look to see if they are on OiNK in 320CBR, V0, and FLAC.
kooftspc11: Try joining #oink-help or posting in the forums and asking for help deciding if it is a transcode. Provide adobe audition spectral view screenshots.

import_fighter
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
yea uploading your own is the best way to get ratio, but anything you download and leave seeding 24/7 will seed back great in my experiences.

thejosher
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
It's not hard to seed on OiNK!!

I have a 22.xxx ratio (almost 100GB up). It's not hard!

Koeckebacker
10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Its not hard indeed. Just keep seeding al your torrents and eventually people will download again.

RandomNewbie
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Completely false. I have over 200gb buffer @ Oink and I've never uploaded a thing. Purely seeding only. You just gotta know what to get if you're looking to build your ratio & buffer.

th0r
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
...like big packs or whatever...

What do you mean? If you're talking about discographies, then no, they banned those months ago. If you break them up into individual albums, and if the they're not already on the tracker, then go for it.

T_w
10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
No , not pack of music , packs of languages iDosers etc etc....

Serch for it anywhere ...even a 5GB software is good (with enough leechers...)

sovaz
10-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Completely false. I have over 200gb buffer @ Oink and I've never uploaded a thing. Purely seeding only. You just gotta know what to get if you're looking to build your ratio & buffer.
Me2:yup:

saulin
10-05-2007, 03:24 AM
I have to agree. Is not hard. I have uploaded some stuff of my own but mostly partial seeding. It works. Just pick stuff that will become popular. Usually weird Mac torrents that are a few gigs lol.

Also remember that Oink has the best ratio. Is only 0.3 I think if you are downloading lots of gigs otherwise is lower.

deuce6000
10-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Its not hard indeed. Just keep seeding al your torrents and eventually people will download again.

Yup.NEVER delete the torrents you download from oink until they are taken off of oink either by the uploader or an admin.Unless of course you're hurting for hd space.

Constantly upload them basically.

game1283
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe it's hard to seed..

actually I'm partial seeding right now..

:)

Polarbear
10-05-2007, 10:40 AM
be carful with uploading scene releases though. more and more are transcodes or have a lossy source these days.
i would recommend to help seed scene releases - more secure.

smirnoff
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
its hard for me too
all my cd's are already there .
and i cant find something to upload.

Polarbear
10-05-2007, 11:36 AM
its hard for me too

just get cds from a library or borrow some from your friends. and leave them seeding for at least a week.

even the most obscure stuff gets one or two snatcher

smirnoff
10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
its hard for me too

just get cds from a library or borrow some from your friends. and leave them seeding for at least a week.

even the most obscure stuff gets one or two snatcher
thnx for the advice

briand5379
10-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm not a big believer in partial seeding I frankly find it irritating as it's basically false advertising the amount of true leechers are on the torrent.

Here's something to think about when partial seeding you can only seed that portion that you downloaded so if that person already has it then their not going to download anything from you. I think you either need to download it all or don't download any. That's the easiest way to survive on the site.

Polarbear
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
partial seeding is fine on oink. sometimes you only need one song from an album, don't you?
when you are looking for idozer or rosetta stone. are you downloading the whole torrent? i guess not.

feelnight
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
partial seeding is fine on oink.

yes , I did it. good way

It's easy to get upload @ oink,I got 12G upload in about 3-4 days with my 70KB up conection before I got my VPS

just seed 7*24 ,

appz seed is good choice

lessthanfour
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
That's the easiest way to survive on the site.

I think the easiest way is to rip and upload your own cds and fill requests. You get a nice ratio, don't have to worry about a particular album seeding back right away, and are also helping the community out.