PDA

View Full Version : Absurd And Unbelievable

embolism
10-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Comcast ISP called me and said for month of september I had downloaded 325 GB and uploaded 475 GB, so they warned me to keep it below 200 GB per month!!!:angry:
I just couldnt believe it :angry:
Going to get ATT DSL Elite, called them...they dont have a cap on how much data I upload or download!!!
Comcast really did it this time

Anybody had same exeprience?

Unbelievable* (sorry for spelling error)

KFlint
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
my ISP changed suddenly from illimited to 100 Gigs (up and down together) for the same price

LMAO, i dumped them!

StinkyBag
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Comcast is a US isp?
Change if you can, or move to Europe, were we have REAL freedom and democracy's ;)

th0r
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Cox High Speed Internet > Comcrap.

embolism
10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree @ StinkyBag. Can I stay at your house and please find me a job too :)

yoyogi4
10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Comcast is a US isp?
Change if you can, or move to Europe, were we have REAL freedom and democracy's ;)

Yeah StinkyBag what a great idea!!! I'll move to another country and dump my girl, friends and family so I can download without a cap in my connection!!!:dry:

phrenzy
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM

And whats funny about that is Comcast owns Cox.....

Adam1990
10-04-2007, 10:47 PM

And whats funny about that is Comcast owns Cox.....

And whats funny about that is I have Verizon Fios.

Defy
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Fuck ComCast and their stupid fucking sandvine bullshit. My significant other and I have spent countless hours, days, nights trying to find a solution to their monopolizing piece of crap "internet service". We can't seed for shit, and now even our downloads are giving us problems!

Nadda. Zip.

We just moved to a new area and there are only 2 internet service providers in our area, ComSuckBallsCast and Qwest. Tomorrow, Friday, we are having Qwest installed instead. On the very unfortunate downside this means;
1. We pay over $30 extra per month for internet service
2. We take a huge loss of DL speed - ComCast 8mb/down, Qwest 1.5mb/down
3. Upload drops significantly as well

However, this absolutely must be done or else we can just kiss the torrent world goodbye. We're already being limited in our download useage which is a crock of shit. You can't even call ComCast internet service. You can check your email and... yeah, that's about it.

Sorry, just had to vent there. I most definitely feel your pain.
I feel sorry for the sucker who answers our telephone call tomorrow telling them that we cancel. :P

FU ComCast!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/socpixels/Funny%20Pics/f_awaym_373999b.jpg

T_w
10-04-2007, 10:55 PM
You know what you should do , call them from another phone , tell you are connected on another ISP and you want to join them , but ask if they are limiting bandwidth...then if they say yes , run away from this ISP , if no , yell a little bit and all would be fine ..

:P :P :P :P :P

StinkyBag
10-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah StinkyBag what a great idea!!! I'll move to another country and dump my girl, friends and family so I can download without a cap in my connection!!!:dry: Then do something to change it ;)

I agree @ StinkyBag. Can I stay at your house and please find me a job too :) Sure, no problem.. Sharing = carring :)

What you guy's really need to do is to stand together and figth back. let the average people deside what is good or bad.
Don't let the big companys control you...

killer23
if you live in the U.K, stay away from the vicious bastards called Virgin Media. :)

they can change unlimited to limited 1mb to 2 under your nose! they are very clever though.

aysomc
i got that call and they shut me off for a day, since then i have been downloading and doing everything i normally do for about 6 months now and they havnt done shit, fuckin pussies, if they did try anything i'd switch to fios. cant wait til i have their blast service of 16/2(even that is pretty fkn weak) so i can really make a dent.

ADELA
10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Comcast ISP called me and said for month of september I had downloaded 325 GB and uploaded 475 GB, so they warned me to keep it below 200 GB per month!!!:angry:
Going to get ATT DSL Elite, called them...they dont have a cap on how much data I upload or download!!!

omg i got the same phone call yesterday @ around 5 or 6 pm est. i told the guy i had just set up a wireless network in my house and he asked if i had it password. i played dumb and they didnt give me the warning but told me next time i would get a warn and after that i would lose comcast as my isp. heres the # he called from 18563177272. i think it time to change my isp!

pECi
10-04-2007, 11:12 PM
i have this problem...i made more than 500 gb fake upload on a single torrent is 2 days...would this affect my connection if i have comcast??

hope not:shutup:

ADELA
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
i have this problem...i made more than 500 gb fake upload on a single torrent is 2 days...would this affect my connection if i have comcast??

what does this have to do with the topic?

Brenya
10-05-2007, 12:31 AM

no way. you are sending metadata (data about data) to the tracker. that is measured in the kilobytes.

lessthanfour
10-05-2007, 12:56 AM
no way. you are sending metadata (data about data) to the tracker. that is measured in the kilobytes.

I think someone isn't very good at detecting sarcasm over the internet :)

SgtMajor
10-05-2007, 01:18 AM

Use a proxy, they can /never/ detect you then.

eLucid
10-05-2007, 01:20 AM
My ISP (Shaw) has a 60GB limit per month and they enforce it like a bunch of bandwidth nazis.

aran2004
10-05-2007, 01:38 AM
in Portugal we have the same probleam with some isp we signup a contract with unlimeted dowloads and if for an example we dowload 200g they say it's an abuse and want to bil us extra

ifkstab
10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Wow, you guys are lucky, I'm stuck with satellite and get 17 gb dl and 5 ul per month, all at the bargain price of $80 per month:angry:. Sounds great huh. Moving this month and will get dsl with fiber to come once the bugs are worked out of the new system, can't wait.

kooftspc11
10-05-2007, 03:02 AM

yeah but here in orange county we dont get that great of upload speeds 512kb/s

saulin
10-05-2007, 03:08 AM
That's 800GB of bandwidth... That's abuse dude. My ISP asks me to keep it under 100GB per month and you did 8X that. I can get away with 150GB/month but 800GB lol. I would get my account suspended right away probably.

I don't know that you can find an ISP in the states that tolerates 800GB /mo of bandwidth.

My ISP (Shaw) has a 60GB limit per month and they enforce it like a bunch of bandwidth nazis.

Yeah I'm with Shaw but I have xtreme and I'm ex staff there so they tolerate about 150GB per month for me.

embolism
10-05-2007, 04:12 AM

omg i got the same phone call yesterday @ around 5 or 6 pm est. i told the guy i had just set up a wireless network in my house and he asked if i had it password. i played dumb and they didnt give me the warning but told me next time i would get a warn and after that i would lose comcast as my isp. heres the # he called from 18563177272. i think it time to change my isp!

I GOT the call from the SAME NUMBER!!!!!

th0r
10-05-2007, 04:29 AM

You live really close to me. Creepy.

iNSOMNiA
10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
my ISP has no cap and a private newsgroup :D

kooftspc11
10-05-2007, 05:50 AM

You live really close to me. Creepy.

Didn't know ur creeped out by girls...attractive ones at that :)

Idanp
10-05-2007, 05:54 AM
No limits here:naughty:

th0r
10-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Didn't know ur creeped out by girls...attractive ones at that :)

Prove it.

naus
10-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I think some swedes should move too the US and start a ISP. ^^

Daniel
10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't know that you can find an ISP in the states that tolerates 800GB /mo of bandwidth.
Mine does, but I pay an extra 10 € for a flatrate-upgrade. Judging by what I've read in some forums about my ISP, even 1TB+ is possible without hearing from them or getting bandwidth-cuts. Then again, broadband access in my country is likely to be one of the most expensive ones compared to the rest of Europe and a comfort like that should be included.

After many years of very limited traffic (8-25gb/mo) it's good to finally have some unlimited access I don't have to worry about.

edit: I haven't read with both eyes open obviously as I'm not living in the United States, sorry ;)

embolism
10-05-2007, 11:49 AM
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! and also see the phone number. A friend go this email!!! WHOA!

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized
agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made
on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright
owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with yo ur
Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works
identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast
reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner
that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of
Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination
of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast
in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Legal Response Center
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
650 Centerton Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
Phone: (856) 317-7272
Fax: (856) 317-7319
E-mail: [email protected]

Guys - Tell me such things dont happen with DSL (we have ATT DSL supplying our area)....they are getting wicked!

briand5379
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
It can happen with any service.

Comcast has been guilty of terminating peoples internet for using up too much bandwidth. Verizon has also done the same, the kicker with Verizon is they charge you a termination fee.

psxcite
10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Fuck Comcast. That's why I steal internet service from them. Unfortunately, you won't get anywhere near the speeds on ATT DSL that you get with Comcast.

ADELA
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
the problem att dsl is that the further u are from one of there hubs the slower speeds u get. ive had both and dsl is worst then comcast.

huqiming
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
It's not hard to believe. If the second warning was given, the service will be terminated, and no one can get it back -- it has happed to many ppl. So unless a class lawsuit is filed or a backup DSL is working, i wouldn't bet my chance on breaking that 200GB mark.

Defy
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I had to get up extra early this morning to wait for the Qwest DSL guy to come and install our new internet service.

... I'm still waiting. >.<

I'm having bad torrent withdrawals. :(

Presto
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow, thank God we don't have to worry about such problems here. :o

ilya
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
My ISP (Bezeq) has no limits for monthly up\down... unfortunately we have awful speeds our best deal is 5mb down and 512kb up....

that sucks :@

zorozilka
10-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Ilya - actualy you can get 6M/600Kb on cable (HOT)..

yeepy!! we got nice speeds in Israel..

ilya
10-05-2007, 07:22 PM
ok sry i forgot about the new 6mb but still the speed sucks i mean the highest speed we could upload is approximately 75... and it's costs too much! :@

ADELA
10-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Ilya - actualy you can get 6M/600Kb on cable (HOT)..

yeepy!! we got nice speeds in Israel..

maybe now israel's ip range will be unbanned on some trackers

unclemilty74
12-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Greetings...

I got a call today left on my voicemail from Comcast. It was from their security and legal response department. I called back and of course the lines were so busy I had to leave a message. I'm out of town right now and I don't even know if I have a connection available until Monday. I've been downloading from Giganews and probably had abour 300-400 gigs downloaded in November, but was going non-stop for about 2 weeks straight at 1 gig/hr. My computer is off, so I can't remotely access to test the connection.

Is this a typical "warning" type of phone call, or do I have other issues to be concerned about?

Thanks!
Uncle Milty

DanielleD87
12-08-2007, 12:11 AM
phhhsssssttttt.. *looks around to check if no one followed you* I have a secret to tell you that little to no one knows about when it comes to comcrap. lol no really i do!

comcast determines how much up and download a person does a month based on their mac address. If someone wants to hack comcast to get free uncapped internet they spoof their cable modem to a different mac address. What happened is someone out there probably in another state typed in a random mac address and it ended up being yours. Because of this all the data they transfer is read under your name and then comcrap thinks you uploaded and downloaded such en such amount when it wasn't you but someone else scamming the system.

To get out of this pickle either get your mac address changed, or buy for like $10 on ebay a new cable modem. Tell comcast you don't want your old cable modem and tell them the mac address of the new modem. That way your account bw will not be shared with someone else uncapping their modem.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it doesn't then look up what mac address means. If you have any questions on the tech details feel free to PM me and I will answer more for you.