PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning problem, any ideas??

Baldrick82
10-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I've taken some screen grabs of errors that I get when trying to burn data to DVD in the hope somone will be able to help me out.....:)

I get the following as soon as imgburn tries to start the write
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/mcrawfo/DVDerror2.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/mcrawfo/DVDerror.jpg

I'm am using a Pioneer 111D with DL Verbatim disks. I've never had a problem before. Infact last night I burn two DVD's without a problem :(

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

snap3r
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
hmm i dont recognise the error so i cant tell you why you have problems but as an advice try to clean your dvd using a Laser Lens Cleaner
my dvd was burning DVD's slow and after i used that it works faster :)

Baldrick82
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
hmm i dont recognise the error so i cant tell you why you have problems but as an advice try to clean your dvd using a Laser Lens Cleaner
my dvd was burning DVD's slow and after i used that it works faster :)

I suppose that would account for why the problem came on all of a sudden. I'll have to see if anyone I know has a Laser Cleaner.
Thanks for the tip :)

Chewie
10-05-2007, 07:38 PM
The error means that the appropriate power cannot be set for the laser to burn the disc.
Usually means the hardware is worn out.

Baldrick82
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
The error means that the appropriate power cannot be set for the laser to burn the disc.
Usually means the hardware is worn out.

Oh that kinds sucks :(
Looks like I've got to buy a new DVD burner.

Thanks for the info Chewie

Chewie
10-05-2007, 10:58 PM
It's not so bad. Even in the UK you can find Asus and LiteOn all-format litescribe burners for less than £25 ablolutely everywhere.

Baldrick82
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Just purchased a new Pioneer 112D as I was really happy with the 111d's performance (up-until yesterday!)
Just hope that this is not a problem that is inherent to Pioneer burners.
Not bad for £20, paid a little extra for fast del.

Thanks for all the help.
:D