PDA

View Full Version : Can't Start Oblivion on a Fresh Install!, TESIV and SI installed only

Brenya
10-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi, I can't start up oblivion. An error occurs every time, and I am positive it isn't due to any mods - I haven't installed any yet! I don't want to speculate, because I know the bare minimum when it comes to troubleshooting. I did follow the troubleshooting guide in the Oblivion Manual, and installed the DXSETUP.exe in the Oblivion DVD - to no avail.

Hopefully you guys can help me out. For some reason I think this problem may be common.

Cheese
10-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Brenya,

If its a fresh install have you updated your graphics drivers accordingly?
Have you patched Oblivion with the latest patch? Also, is Oblivion a pirated version? If so you will need to grab the no-cd crack.

Brenya
10-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Ugh, I just found out that my integrated video card isn't supported by Oblivion. Oblivion isn't even worth playing with a 128mb on board anyway lol. At least I'm getting a new PC soon!

peat moss
10-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Ugh, I just found out that my integrated video card isn't supported by Oblivion. Oblivion isn't even worth playing with a 128mb on board anyway lol. At least I'm getting a new PC soon!

Ehtu Brenya , ya I'm looking to upgrade as well after D/L EA's NHL 08 . I could n't believe what the minimum specs were . :O