PDA

View Full Version : New to FST

Tenth
10-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Hey all I am new to the site but have been using Bit torrent for awhile. I am looking to expand my tracker usage and eventually find a tracker community or two that I fit in well with.

I currently use oink for music and I'm happy with it but I am stuck with demonoid for other media.

Well from the posts I have read this seems like a good community of torrent users so I will be checking in regularly.
If anyone has tips or suggestions for me feel free PM me.

see ya around
-Tenth

Polarbear
10-06-2007, 03:38 AM
getting tl is a good start

SgtMajor
10-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Welcome, take your time and learn the ropes, and as for tips & suggestions, then we would need to know more about what you are looking for.

Read the stickies above, some good advice already posted up there.

dave12
10-06-2007, 03:59 AM
welcome and have patience and you will get what you and tl is a good tracker to start with enjoy your stay.

killer23
10-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Welcome to FST... Enjoy your stay here....:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Requesting or offering invites for torrent sites is NOT allowed in this section.
Requests or offers made outside of the Invites Section will be Removed.
Requests or offers MUST be done in the BitTorrent Invites Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=90). :whistling

wtf? :huh:

this is weird, i got a pm before this post from xJohnxSmithx (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/-174019)
saying kinda the same, and now this guys telling me too :lol:

let me tell you exactly what i told xJohnxSmithx (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/-174019)-

no, because its a personal comment to Tenth, it is nor a subject or thread so it is acceptable.

and dont you think its rude to ask me? you should be a mod to do that, if you have any concerns about me or other people always pm one of the mods first.

you guys make me laugh :lol:

Skiz
10-06-2007, 04:04 AM
You're offering invites outside of the Invites section.

What part of "Requesting or offering invites for torrent sites is NOT allowed in this section." do you not understand? :dry:

killer23
10-06-2007, 04:07 AM

What part of "Requesting or offering invites for torrent sites is NOT allowed in this section." do you not understand? :dry:

ok, you remind me of Oink, anyway, shouldnt you disable my privilages for like 2 days? :frusty:

Skiz
10-06-2007, 04:15 AM

ok, you remind me of Oink, anyway, shouldnt you disable my privilages for like 2 days? :frusty:

Now I'm the bad guy because you're too dim to comprehend some basic, cognitive rules? :dry:

You're breaking a rule that you know exists, and then mocking members when they send you friendly reminder about it.

You were given a warning out of benevolence, though disabling your account can be done just as easily if you feel you're above the rules.

kirktrix
10-06-2007, 04:16 AM
no, because its a personal comment to Tenth, it is nor a subject or thread so it is acceptable.

and dont you think its rude to ask me? you should be a mod to do that, if you have any concerns about me or other people always pm one of the mods first.

:whistling

killer23
10-06-2007, 04:24 AM

:whistling

to Skizo, i feel like i said a comment, got moderated by 2 users that i dont know which werent friendly judging by kirktrix's above comment then you sent me a pm and posted it here too, all for one comment, i was being friendly and i know my comment was wrong but damn, all this shit for one comment, now thats dry :dry:

pone44
10-06-2007, 04:31 AM

Skiz
10-06-2007, 04:35 AM
Being a glass-half-empty sort of fellow must be a bleak existance. Multiple members make a point to remind you of the rules, surely not knowing that each other had PM'd you, as well as myself, and that turns you off?

Not sure how copy/pasting the rules can be surmised as "weren't friendly". It was done for your benefit as an alternative to reporting you.

I'm not sure what JohnSmith's comment was obviously, but seeing as be PM'd you and didn't make a report, I'd wager it was the friendly sort; an FYI if you will.

Viewing your reaction though, I'm sure they'll simply report you in the future.

BTW, Tenth; welcome to FST. :ermm:

xJohnxSmithx
10-06-2007, 12:52 PM
i tried to be nice and sent a PM insted of writing in the thred but all i got was attitude so here is the pm for all to read

don't you think its a bad idea posting that your giving away a tl invite in a non-invite thred.

So your on your own now

Skengeboy
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Torrentleech is a good start. Torrent Damage also is a very good site that you can get hold of easily.

Tenth
10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Thank you guys for the info and thank you for the greetings.

I didn't mean to start any trouble with my first post. :pinch:

Skiz
10-06-2007, 02:42 PM
No worries. We're over it.

Welcome! :01:

seppypom
10-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but look at what it accomplished, 3 posts and everyone knows your name!

th0r
10-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Thank you guys for the info and thank you for the greetings.

I didn't mean to start any trouble with my first post. :pinch:

Welcome to FST. Making friendships here or wherever you end up can get you far, so make the most of your communities. And I hope you don't end up trading.

peat moss
10-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Welcome Tenth , I see free sign ups for trackers all over this forum when I log on here . I'm sure your PM box is being flooded with invites as I type . :D

Demonoid is fine but I like IPT , TL or Revtt better . Leacherslair is open for sign ups , thanks kallieb .

Make sure you read the rules of this great forum and the rest is gravy ! :01:

http://www.leecherslair.com/index.php

Gonsalo
10-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Hello, i'm at the same point as Tenth (but i do not have an account at Oink xD i wish :D), just joined today to FST, i only have account on free signup trackers, and i was looking for some good trackers to start my 'life' in BT trackers, thank u for the info (even it wasn't for me :P) now, i'm gonna try to arrange an account/invite for RevTT our something like that! :)