leos
10-06-2007, 04:44 AM
has anyone used godaddy before? need help with torrentflux

:)

kooftspc11
10-06-2007, 05:22 AM

u can use godaddy as seedbox? isnt the bandwidth fairly limited?

well anyways what u need help with?

leos
10-06-2007, 05:31 AM
ive got godaddy server 100gb storage and 1tb bandwidth for something like 7US a month. i have torrentflux-bt4 version and i have also tried the original version. whenever i load a torrent it does not connect and i cant start the download. i am starting to think that godaddy has possibly disabled torrentfulx becoz i am on a shared sever (not dedicated) it is probly using up too much of the servers CPU and memory. Any suggestions??

Kyl3KK
10-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Get a server and don't use a web hosting company to run torrentflux. :)

I don't mean to sound rude, but you're bascially asking for them to terminate your account and keep your money.

Ghost+Rider
10-06-2007, 06:23 AM
ive got godaddy server 100gb storage and 1tb bandwidth for something like 7US a month. i have torrentflux-bt4 version and i have also tried the original version. whenever i load a torrent it does not connect and i cant start the download. i am starting to think that godaddy has possibly disabled torrentfulx becoz i am on a shared sever (not dedicated) it is probly using up too much of the servers CPU and memory. Any suggestions??

Well that is not completely true u need to know about the client and peer id on Torrent flux..

Wen i started using flux the client was mainline and it was blocked by all the sites even TL then i switch to Bit tornado..Almost all the sites allowed it except a few where a particular version was banned then i change dthe peer id of the version according to that cuz tornado 0.8.17 is accepted on every site

In brief flux is shit use utorrent or rtorrent :P

leos
10-06-2007, 06:24 AM
[/quote]

In brief flux is shit use utorrent or rtorrent :P[/quote]

So can u use uTorrent with seedbox? if so, how? please be mindful im a n00b to seedbox lol

thoughtobject
10-06-2007, 03:28 PM
There are several inexpensive solutions for getting a seedbox with torrentflux already set up for you. torrentfluxhosting.com (http://torrentfluxhosting.com) and seedboxhosting.com (http://seedboxhosting.com) are examples. There is also a wiki with some information here: seedboxinfo.com (http://seedboxinfo.com)

In my experience however, I would not use a shared host for torrentflux at all, its just asking for trouble. Good luck.

leos
10-07-2007, 06:18 AM
thanks for the info

lessthanfour
10-08-2007, 01:58 AM
You're better off not torrenting with a godaddy webhosting account. I think they'll terminate you farily fast. Suck it up and go to Vectoral.

0ctane
10-08-2007, 10:39 PM
minimum server requirement for a seedbox is a vps/vds upwards , dedicated server prefered

clos
10-09-2007, 01:50 AM

dont think godaddy or any other webhosting site will allow torrents, or give you root access to the box in the first place to install software

i know for a fact that dreamhost doesn't, and most likely godaddy doesn't either