PDA

View Full Version : what good is it to recommend SCT or FTN to people?

kooftspc11
10-06-2007, 05:58 AM
people throw around these two names here so fucking often. whenever somebody asks "whats the best tracker for videos on how to insert tampons?"

ten people will answer either sct or ftn

"whats the best tracker for washing my car and doing my dishes?"

sct or ftn

"whats the best tracker for making me seem elite here at fst?"

dont ya know?? SCT OR FTN!!!!

people ask questions for genuine feedback and it seems that alot of you just like to remind others that you have access to these two trackers.

Im not arguing the quality and variety of content on these two sites...but cmon now people. what good does it do to constantly point people towards trackers that they cant easily get into?

DTD8
10-06-2007, 06:06 AM
well if you ask for the "best tracker" then it would only seem fair that replies will only indicate the best ;)

maybe next time you should ask people to list a few "good ones" or what are some sites that i can find XXXXXX at?

killer23
10-06-2007, 06:12 AM
some people are like that, others are not. people who do show off their high level trackers usually have userbars of them and some are immature so you wouldnt want their advice anyway. i have both those trackers you mentioned and some more but i dont show off or mention them. ScT and FTN do have good content, but TL and demonoid have many torrents that those 2 trackers dont.

Idanp
10-06-2007, 06:27 AM
SCT is great found there everything i wanted inculde many old movies that i couldn't find in any other tracker i have cant tell you about FTN cause im not member there yet

kooftspc11
10-06-2007, 06:31 AM
SCT is great found there everything i wanted inculde many old movies that i couldn't find in any other tracker i have cant tell you about FTN cause im not member there yet

killer, i rest my case

this is exactly the crap im talking about

dragos
10-06-2007, 06:34 AM
don't really now what you want people to say. Someone ask's what is the best tracker to suit my needs. The only possible answer for a great content is ScT/FTN. What else could they say ?

Idanp
10-06-2007, 06:40 AM

killer, i rest my case

:lol::lol::lol:

Cmon
10-06-2007, 06:40 AM
if you're asking about the best, do you expect public tracker is the answer?

killer23
10-06-2007, 07:02 AM

killer, i rest my case

i thought he was being sarcastic, but it seems he isnt so my advice is to ignore him, i know what you mean and ive seen many people like that and remember if they boast alot about their high level tracker then they most likely dont even have it.

th0r
10-06-2007, 08:41 AM
what good does it do to constantly point people towards trackers that they cant easily get into?

Because they like speaking of their supreme tracker memberships instead of what's practical.

ghurka
10-06-2007, 11:35 AM
If people don't like the answer then don't ask the fucking question.

kooftspc11
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
what good does it do to constantly point people towards trackers that they cant easily get into?

Because they like speaking of their supreme tracker memberships instead of what's practical.

:)

at least some people understand my point

sovaz
10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Its not any good to recommend them openly...coz too many people dream about them n beg like bitches to get them. They are meant to be elite n small communities n they r both great.

Enlightened
10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
some people are like that, others are not. people who do show off their high level trackers usually have userbars of them and some are immature so you wouldnt want their advice anyway. i have both those trackers you mentioned and some more but i dont show off or mention them. ScT and FTN do have good content, but TL and demonoid have many torrents that those 2 trackers dont.

I know of ONe particular Individual, who just spam each thread,thinking he "knows", what the F**K he is talking about........
U know who U are , giving U guys a "hint", starts with a "S" and ends with a "K'.....LOL, not also just his Userbar , but the avatar too. FFS. Get a fucking life, Kiss_ass:naughty::lol:

Not all ppl are like that,some of them have both LVL 10 & all, are they are quiet and discreet....that I know of........

TheFoX
10-06-2007, 10:40 PM
There's one thing I have learned, and that is a tracker is only as good as the perception of that tracker the member holds.

For example, I hold dear my membership of **-* because I know a good number of the members, and my FSC account for the same reason (cannot comment on ScT or FTN since I am not a member there).

For me, **-* and FSC are great. Others may decide, based on their own personal opinions, that **-* and FSC suck! Simply put, the value of any tracker/community is that which we assign it.

Many here are happy with TL or OiNK, while others think that TL is common, or OiNK staff are rude. Personal opinion or perception is what decides how we see a given community.

I haven't invited many people to FSC (no **-* invites unfortunately), but I can say with honesty that about half of those invites did not appreciate FSC, and let their membership wane, while the other half are still strong members.

The whole point is that trackers/communities are not taylor made, but cut from a standard template, and what floats the boat for one person may be a complete white elephant for another person.

Also, in my opinion, there is a lot of hype associated with ScT and FTN, which means that people want them purely for the hype. I also think that the recent actions of Kimii and Brandon have elevated the two sites above others, as we all love a soap opera, and they have managed to put those two sites on the tips of our tongues.

Polarbear
10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
one funny thing is, i realized a lot of people speaking bad about a tracker here. but as soon as they have the chance for an invite, it's their favourite tracker
i once had an occassion where somebody spoke really bad about sct. as soon as he found out i have an invite. he changed his mind 180°

Artemis
10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I have to agree with MrFox, what one person perceives as a great site another thinks is only average or not his taste, yet the hype surrounding ScT and FTN makes them the wanted sites. I know of **-* and I know some members but am not a member myself , but can say out of the trackers that I belong too I also prize FSC most highly for the community and the clubs, it is truly a fun place to be a part of.............

Defy
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Actually I see more people ASKING for invites to ScT or FTN more than anything else. At least that's just my $0.02. :)

import_fighter
10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
maybe they should ask whats the best tracker I can get into. Then we say TL.

th0r
10-07-2007, 12:50 AM
For the love of God, enough of these FT.N threads.

sovaz
10-07-2007, 01:56 AM
maybe they should ask whats the best tracker I can get into. Then we say TL.
U're right without doubt TL is great for the wider public community but still is private:lol:

Night0wl
10-07-2007, 02:11 AM
TL and Oink and you have it made. Unless you want to spend 5 hours a day here, be happy with those

mrnobody
10-07-2007, 02:22 AM
To me the "best" tracker is demonoid, it beats any by far! not the best speed ever but hey they have ~ 80 % content of ANY tracker...be that gaming or be e-learning, or movies/ documentaries or even music...except for XXX and scene release ;)

To be honest, i am in so many trackers that i have started to lose tracker of them...i even created .doc file just to list those rolf. But then, guess what? ~ 99% of my needs are fulfilled from demonoid. You need something you hit the search button and bam it's there. But, that should not suggest that i don't use other tracker...i do, for quickness and for fun...but i don't rely on other to fulfill my needs.

P.S. I am not in SCT and FTN perhaps that's y i don't see their "greatness"...but i don't care coz it's beyond my horizon :P

game1283
10-07-2007, 03:53 AM
To me the "best" tracker is demonoid, it beats any by far! not the best speed ever but hey they have ~ 80 % content of ANY tracker...be that gaming or be e-learning, or movies/ documentaries or even music...except for XXX and scene release ;)

To be honest, i am in so many trackers that i have started to lose tracker of them...i even created .doc file just to list those rolf. But then, guess what? ~ 99% of my needs are fulfilled from demonoid. You need something you hit the search button and bam it's there. But, that should not suggest that i don't use other tracker...i do, for quickness and for fun...but i don't rely on other to fulfill my needs.

P.S. I am not in SCT and FTN perhaps that's y i don't see their "greatness"...but i don't care coz it's beyond my horizon :P

It's demonoid when you are after some really RARE torrents.. and it's easy to seed.. but if you go on 0day stuffs.. I bet you know what tracker is the best:)