PDA

View Full Version : More Hyper Realism

Mr JP Fugley
10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
http://paintalicious.org/2007/09/14/ron-mueck-hyper-realist-sculptor/

For some reason this seems more artistic to me. I have no idea why, just saying like.

Squeamous
10-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I know what you mean. The sleeping man's head and the couple in spoons do it for me. What do you make of the couple? Looks like the aftermath of some sort of painful episode to me.

It's different to the other sculptures, because you get the impression there's more going on under the surface.

backlash
10-06-2007, 02:32 PM
wow. It always amazes me how talented some people are. Great find.

Mr JP Fugley
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I know what you mean. The sleeping man's head and the couple in spoons do it for me. What do you make of the couple? Looks like the aftermath of some sort of painful episode to me.

It's different to the other sculptures, because you get the impression there's more going on under the surface.

Yeah I think you're right. The artist seems to be saying something about life rather than just recreating it.

It's sort of an author as compared to a journalist.

(That was a picture in words btw)

Hairbautt
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Whoa. That's creepy.

Mr JP Fugley
10-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Whoa. That's creepy.

I was just agreeing with the chap so you can just fuck off.

Squeamous
10-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah I think you're right. The artist seems to be saying something about life rather than just recreating it.

It's sort of an author as compared to a journalist.

(That was a picture in words btw)

Nice metaphor :D

I also like the way he's used different sizes of sculptures. The smallness of the couple strikes me as being important to his point, while the largeness of the baby and the woman in bed does too. I'm not good enough at analysing art to figure out what though :huh:.

Gripper
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
The old ladies were creepy.