PDA

View Full Version : Is speed important for most trackers?

feelnight
10-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I saw many speedtset proof @ inv section.

I don't think speed is important for most trackers such as oink \mvd\ , few leechers @ those trackers.

It's easy to keep ratio even u have 30KB up conection, just seed long time.

I got my first 10G upload @ oink in about 3days with 60-70KB up conection before I got my VPS.

maybe speed is important for bitmetv scc.

Trexx
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Speeds are important in some select sites as it's a sort of "race". The faster you download a new wanted file, the more people you can seed to, the more ratio you actually "milk" off the torrent, the better.

feelnight
10-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Speeds are important in some select sites as it's a sort of "race". The faster you download a new wanted file, the more people you can seed to, the more ratio you actually "milk" off the torrent, the better.

I agree that

but now almost every inv giveaway need speedtest proof

btw: too many fast seedbox from Sweden @bitmetv

allied3
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
speed is important for scene sites but other sites i dont find it that important..

deuce6000
10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
i have slow ass upload and never had a problem keeping a good ratio so no.

awoeonip
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
clearly its necessary. We need to keep those hordes of dial up users out ;)

allied3
10-06-2007, 05:08 PM
well dial up users cant really maintain a ratio

whiteboy
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
"I got my first 10G upload @ oink in about 3days with 60-70KB up conection before I got my VPS"

You either got damn lucky or downloaded a grip of stuff.

huqiming
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
speed is very important if you want to join the race for new torrents.

speed is also important when you are seeding many torrents, you don't to want your upload speed to be the bottleneck.

XS75
10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Speed is very important in my opinion, i hate downloading torrents at low speeds, when im on a tracker like bitsoup and getting 60 kb/s it pisses me off, id rather be on ScT and down at my max home speed of 800 kb/s

feelnight
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
"I got my first 10G upload @ oink in about 3days with 60-70KB up conection before I got my VPS"

You either got damn lucky or downloaded a grip of stuff.

not

just download first ,keep seeding with about 80 torrents

Speed is very important in my opinion, i hate downloading torrents at low speeds, when im on a tracker like bitsoup and getting 60 kb/s it pisses me off, id rather be on ScT and down at my max home speed of 800 kb/s

Me too

U couldn't get fast speed @oink bitme for most torrents.

sokratis87
10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
i believe good speed it's very important, but it's not a disaster if you don't have it, i have low upload speed but i can still keep good ratio at good trackers like oink or sct.

Polarbear
10-06-2007, 07:17 PM
if you can decide between a slow connection and a fast connection? what would you take? :blink:

is your answer: "i don't care!" ??????

probably not.

so ask again:

is speed important? :wacko:

of course it is. the faster the better!

ROFL-LOL
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Well that depends. If speed is great and content sucks, you don't do anything with the tracker. But if content is great and speed sucks, the tracker is usefula. If speed and conten are really good, the tracker is great.

Polarbear
10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Well that depends. If speed is great and content sucks, you don't do anything with the tracker. But if content is great and speed sucks, the tracker is usefula. If speed and conten are really good, the tracker is great.

dude, we're talking here about personal dsl speed. not tracker speed.

Saroman
10-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Well If its tracker speed then its important only till some extent..

For e.g i always max out on all of my torrents..except Demonoid..

Be it TL/Revtt/ScT... My speeds are always same...

So for me at the moment ScT and TL are same...:D

Because i dont care about Rarity and Contents appearing few minutes late doesnt matter anything..:D

game1283
10-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Do you mean does your speed decide what tracker you should be in? or
Do members of a tracker really care about speeds given by the tracker's peers?

Grind$oFine
10-07-2007, 05:42 AM
I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed. Theres always a way to keep a good ratio. Now as far as sites, if your speed sucks, you probably wont like SCC as much as say TL because they get a lot of the same content and SCC would be so much harder to keep a good ratio. However on a site that you can't compare to another tracker, you fin ways to seed, whether its partial seeding or getting torrents from other trackers to seed. If there's a will there's a way, you just gotta be a little careful about it.

On another note: I don't care about speed but I ask for speedtests just so I can compare them with ratio proofs... it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you. ;)

feelnight
10-07-2007, 05:55 AM
I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed.
it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you. ;)

me too:yup::yup:

thank u for your reply

game1283
10-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed.
it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you. ;)

thank u for your reply

me too.. actually, so far.. I am surviving sct with my slow conn:)

shazzar
10-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Having a faster connection helps enormously for sites like bitmetv and sct (Notoriously hard to maintain a good ratio). Its not impossible but just means you have to work that bit harder.

feelnight
10-07-2007, 06:47 AM

thank u for your reply

conguratulation

I heard it's hard @ SCT

Its not impossible but just means you have to work that bit harder.
If u like those tracker ,it's funny

game1283
10-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Having a faster connection helps enormously for sites like bitmetv and sct (Notoriously hard to maintain a good ratio). Its not impossible but just means you have to work that bit harder.

that's what I want to say:)

a speed will help you on your way, but the possibility of surviving the tracker depends on you.. even if it is the hardest tracker ever:yup:

conguratulation

I heard it's hard @ SCT

:)

Polarbear
10-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Having a faster connection helps enormously for sites like bitmetv and sct

:w00t: who would have thought that? tell me a site where it doesn't help. ;)