PDA

View Full Version : DVD Rip torrents...

chaos2010
10-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Who produces the best DVD rips? I usually get aXXo DVD rips, is there any better? (I'm looking specifically for rips(.avi)):unsure:

0Ri0N
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Scene groups or UnSeeN (non-scene group)

Gonsalo
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I rarelly get aXXo DVDRiPs, i don't who's produces the best DVDRiPs there're so many Scene Groups, it's difficult to choose.

blackbird
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Who produces the best DVD rips? I usually get aXXo DVD rips, is there any better? (I'm looking specifically for rips(.avi)):unsure:

axxo is a non scene group who re-encodes scene release rips to 700 mb rip

for scene releases check here

http://www.rlslog.net/category/movies/dvdrip/

808state
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I used to get axxo releases, then i chose to go with dvdr and hddvd/bluray releases instead :)

bwaduk
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
best scene group is and always will be DiAMOND :D

long live DiAMOND

chaos2010
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM

These are all VCDs the quality is usually never good!:dry:

blackbird
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM

nooooob :frusty:

chaos2010
10-07-2007, 09:48 PM

nooooob :frusty:

WOW... that really tells me a lot why don't you fill me in instead of being an ass!?:dry:

xxzzxx
10-07-2007, 11:10 PM

first thing that u should check is the running time of the movie,
bc axxo is specialized on one 700mb disk rip.

even if the movie is longer than 105min,they will produce it
on 1 disc,this is a disadvantage bc of low video bit rate and
lack of ac3.

chaos2010
10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the info xxzzxx

dcliffnotes
10-07-2007, 11:39 PM
well, blackbird is not a novice. he knows his sources, rlslog have posts ranging from dvdrips,r5, r1, hdrip, bluray and many more. that a really good site for getting info. the link he gave you was correct. those were all dvdrips, if you read the titles....example:

Hostel.Part.II.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE
The.Invisible.R1.DVDRip.XviD.READNFO-XanaX
Shrek.The.Third.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE

you see it in the title DVDRIP. just to let you know, dont mention axxo name here. alot of people see axxo as a stealer from scene groups. in other words, the titles i have above, will later be renamed and re-encoded to axxo in a matter of days. i used to download from axxo a year ago, and as a noob you would think his stuff is good, but in reality there are way better ones. as for scene group or in your terms "dvdrip producers", most are pretty much the same. they all produce good quality, all that matters is who releases it first and not being nuked for violating scene rules(badcropping, bad audio, mislabeled) hope this helps you out

Melvinmeow
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
well, blackbird is not a novice. he knows his sources, rlslog have posts ranging from dvdrips,r5, r1, hdrip, bluray and many more. that a really good site for getting info. the link he gave you was correct. those were all dvdrips, if you read the titles....example:

Hostel.Part.II.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE
The.Invisible.R1.DVDRip.XviD.READNFO-XanaX
Shrek.The.Third.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE

you see it in the title DVDRIP. just to let you know, dont mention axxo name here. alot of people see axxo as a stealer from scene groups. in other words, the titles i have above, will later be renamed and re-encoded to axxo in a matter of days. i used to download from axxo a year ago, and as a noob you would think his stuff is good, but in reality there are way better ones. as for scene group or in your terms "dvdrip producers", most are pretty much the same. they all produce good quality, all that matters is who releases it first and not being nuked for violating scene rules(badcropping, bad audio, mislabeled) hope this helps you out

Noticed you slammed axxo for being a re-code group.
All the groups you mentioned above do the same as axxo.
They take a rls from somewhere (p2p to be specific) and then just recode them. Same thing axxo does.

chaos2010
10-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks I'll remember that dcliffnotes, dl-ing some from that site now!

dcliffnotes
10-08-2007, 12:01 AM
yup melvinmeow, you correct. you got really technical there. really smart veteran of the scene making good observation. i didnt mean to slam axxo. i have respect for the guy. like i mentioned in the past thread a few months back, to me axxo is like robin hood. he takes from the scene and gives back to the sceneless, like public trackers. i just wanted to warn him about axxo before anyone else slams him even more with far worst insults. but all in all, everyone steals from everyone......or sharing is caring. cheers everyone good day

canopus
10-08-2007, 12:03 AM
FLAiTE (http://www.torrentleech.org/details.php?id=37886&hit=1) and DiAMOND (http://www.torrentleech.org/details.php?id=52100&hit=1)

Polarbear
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM

thank you, i didn't know this site. how fast are they compared to vcdquality?

Melvinmeow
10-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I think waiting for mulch to turn into stone would be faster than vcdquality...

My guess they get them posted a few mins before vcdq.

Polarbear
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I think waiting for mulch to turn into stone would be faster than vcdquality...

My guess they get them posted a few mins before vcdq.

that's great considering they add lots of information, pics etc. to the releases.

i think i will use this side from now on for release infromation.

if anyone has a better one, please let me know.

(not talking about pre dbs here)

jrzy
10-09-2007, 12:25 PM
My personal favorite is Replica