PDA

View Full Version : Tracker Idea

kakuromon
10-09-2007, 09:42 AM
I want to make a tracker that accepts a lot of users, and then bans anyone who doesn't donate. Let's face it, who wants non payers on a tracker?

blackbird
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
lol.. and whose gona upload to your imaginery tracker ..? uploaders that pay you for membership ..??

raj3186
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
I want to make a tracker that accepts a lot of users, and then bans anyone who doesn't donate. Let's face it, who wants non payers on a tracker?

:lol: u r crazy man!!!!!! do u ever donate to the tracker of which u r a member! :naughty:

dave12
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
why would anyone join your tracker its better to have rapidshare premium then using a tracker who forces you to donate and even no need to maintain ratio on rapidshare.

pECi
10-09-2007, 10:43 AM
i smell the sarcasm in the air...people take too seriously these threads

PirateEagle
10-09-2007, 10:43 AM
lol :lol: this is a crazy idea and funnyest thing that i ever heard in thiese days and you make me laugh :lol:

Mayhem
10-09-2007, 10:58 AM

hmmm nice way to make money... NOT!
here are some better ways:
1) sell your kidney on ebay.
2) open a lemonade stand near you driveway.
3) make origami models and sell them at your local market.
4) get new medicine tested on you by pharmaceutical companies.

ghurka
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
hmmm nice way to make money... NOT!
here are some better ways:
1) sell your kidney on ebay.
2) open a lemonade stand near you driveway.
3) make origami models and sell them at your local market.
4) get new medicine tested on you by pharmaceutical companies.He must have been undergoing suggestion number 4 when he started this thread :D

kirktrix
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
why would anyone join your tracker its better to have rapidshare premium then using a tracker who forces you to donate and even no need to maintain ratio on rapidshare.

:yup:.....But maybe he was joking.....:D

Melvinmeow
10-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Beleive it or not there are a few trackers ive seen/heard of that charge you a membership fee of $1 - $3 monthly.

On these sites theres no ratios and no Hit and Run rules.
The sites basically take the fees and use seedboxes to seed everything so no members are even required to seed files.

Just to give you an idea. Imagine 6,000 users on a site all giving $1 each per month.
Thats $6,000 just for seedboxes and such.

(While this method may seem ridiculous to some... consider it the same thing newsgroups do. They charge you a monthly fee for access to their files and people dont complain about newsgroups.)

XS75
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Beleive it or not there are a few trackers ive seen/heard of that charge you a membership fee of $1 - $3 monthly.

On these sites theres no ratios and no Hit and Run rules.
The sites basically take the fees and use seedboxes to seed everything so no members are even required to seed files.

Just to give you an idea. Imagine 6,000 users on a site all giving $1 each per month.
Thats $6,000 just for seedboxes and such.

(While this method may seem ridiculous to some... consider it the same thing newsgroups do. They charge you a monthly fee for access to their files and people dont complain about newsgroups.)

and whats the URL of this tracker.

lessthanfour
10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
4) get new medicine tested on you by pharmaceutical companies.

One of my friends does pharmaceutical studies.. he's made upwards of $1000 in a couple days for letting them give him pills.

On Topic: Even though you were probably being sarcastic, if the membership fee was only a couple dollars a month like Melvinmeow said he's seen, I can see some people going for it if the content and speeds were good.

Tokeman
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
hmm, private newsgroups...

Mayhem
10-09-2007, 05:20 PM
well this tracker should be really good then, i meen you can pay for an invite to SCT, thought it is a bit more money and you have to seed back but i believe it is worth it.
First of all it is a one time payment, second you know exactly what you are getting
and third i don't know if the seedboxes could carry the burden of seeding because if there are no ratios no one else is going to seed.

superseed101
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
hhmmmmmmmm interested pm me i may wanna team up

seppypom
10-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah, but you still need someone to GIVE you a server!

sear
10-09-2007, 06:51 PM

LMFAO...maybe this is how he's going to fund it :lol:

pECi
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM

i think i have 100 MB free on my drive just for you superseed...but u have to give me all the donations :lol:

Adam1990
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
lol.

DKre8ive1
10-09-2007, 10:29 PM
6000 users download 100 gigs each a month comes out to 600,000 or 600TBs so how much would it cost to use that much bandwidth?

And then if you add in the cost of the seedboxs would that still come out under the $6000 price range?

:unsure:

DKedit: I just noticed there was a second page oh well I still posted a good question. :P

Melvinmeow
10-09-2007, 10:33 PM
6000 users download 100 gigs each a month comes out to 600,000 or 600TBs so how much would it cost to use that much bandwidth?

And then if you add in the cost of the seedboxs would that still come out under the $6000 price range?

:unsure:

If you go with unmetered 100mbit lines you would be able to get it under that figure. Cause if you think about at least some of the peers bw would be going throughout the swarms.

Figure even if you went with SL metered gigbit boxes. You could still get 120TBs transfer at gigbit speeds for that price.

zxcv
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I want non payers in a tracker

rvt
10-10-2007, 12:27 AM
FDC servers have 100mb/s unmetered for under $200 a pop.
20 of those servers can shift almost 650TB/month at maximum $4000.
That price sounds stupidly low though. To buy 100mb/s dedicated bandwidth from them will cost a minimum of $1500/mo for the bandwidth alone ($30,000 total). Buying 2gb/s would probably be a lot cheaper.

th0r
10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
I was thinking of started a comedy only tracker named loltorrents or laughbits or something cliche like that. Unfortunately, I know nothing about PHP coding.

SgtMajor
10-10-2007, 02:12 AM
I was thinking of started a comedy only tracker named loltorrents or laughbits or something cliche like that. Unfortunately, I know nothing about PHP coding.

Can I be a MOD called lolz?

Dr_Green_Thumb
10-10-2007, 02:28 AM
I totally agree an all comedy tracker is indeed in need.

TheFoX
10-10-2007, 02:29 AM
For the record, theatorrents was a pay 2 stay site, but it wasn't a success due to the activities of several people who took offense at his blaze attitude towards charging. They constantly hacked his site/s until he finally gave up.

I find it repulsive that some people actually want to profit from this game. The fact that we are dealing with questionable material (copyright infringing) is dangerous in itself. The fact that a few want to treat a torrent community as a business is downright stupid. Talk about walking on thin ice.

What really pisses me off is that we are supposed to share. There are some incidental costs involved, such as seedboxes or the community server, but to actually collect money with a view to making a profit is disgusting.

No one should be profiting from piracy. We should share what we have, and leave it at that. It is becoming more commonplace for some people to think that they can earn from our love of sharing. To hell with them...

th0r
10-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Can I be a MOD called lolz?

I hate you.

seppypom
10-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Can I be ROTFPML

DrLuigi21
10-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Sure you can...

DV8type
10-10-2007, 05:51 AM
No one should be profiting from piracy. We should share what we have, and leave it at that. It is becoming more commonplace for some people to think that they can earn from our love of sharing. To hell with them...

:yup:

Tiffany
10-10-2007, 11:15 AM

QFT.

silhoutte
10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I think here, many noobs are not getting the real idea of torrenting. I have even read bizzare ideas of some guys. I don't know if i have to blame the WIAW thread. Or everyone is inspired by some profiteering trackers? lol