PDA

View Full Version : how come people with 4 post access invite section?

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 04:01 AM
ive seen this now on more than one occasion and have also been pm'd by people wanting to trade etc... with less than 10 posts

what the hell is going on?

jr56
10-10-2007, 04:03 AM
I think the rule is you need to be a member for 1 month to get access to the bittorrent section

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 04:05 AM
I think the rule is you need to be a member for 1 month to get access to the bittorrent section

that is gayer than richard simmons. shouldnt there be a minimum post count?

SgtMajor
10-10-2007, 04:05 AM
It's only 30 days, and 1 post, to be granted access, and I think that post is only so the system recognises you as being here and grants the access automatically.

There is no posts limit.

I just reply with "read my sig"

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 04:08 AM
It's only 30 days, and 1 post, to be granted access, and I think that post is only so the system recognises you as being here and grants the access automatically.

There is no posts limit.

I just reply with "read my sig"

i like ur sig too :)

im happy with my trackers

misledhope
10-10-2007, 04:12 AM
adding a post count requirement just encourages spam.

lessthanfour
10-10-2007, 04:13 AM
that is gayer than richard simmons. shouldnt there be a minimum post count?

All that would do is encourage spam.

EDIT: misledhope beat me to it.

Skiz
10-10-2007, 04:16 AM

Yep, that's why the post count was removed.

It was lowered from 10 to 5 as the spam around the forum and the amount of bumps of four year threads was ridiculous. Just wasn't worth it.

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 04:23 AM

Yep, that's why the post count was removed.

It was lowered from 10 to 5 as the spam around the forum and the amount of bumps of four year threads was ridiculous. Just wasn't worth it.

yes i believe there WAS a post count minimum back when i joined the site last year. i didnt know that they had ever removed it

Artemis
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Actually funnily enough that was exactly what happened on Revolt during the open signup, there is a post requirement on the forum and as kallieb said there was a barrage of single word posts and 2 year old threads resurrected from the dead, all this ensured though was a very quick exit from the community, for the spammers in question.

Melvinmeow
10-10-2007, 05:55 AM
I dont even think theres a 30 day wait period anymore.

(Pretty sure there isnt at least.)
If theres supposed to be a 30 day wait I suggest a staff member signup for a test account and see just how many days they have to wait.

Unless its 30 days to post a new topic?
And no requirement about reading topics in invites section?

jr56
10-10-2007, 05:59 AM

When i signed up i could browse the invites section but i couldn't enter the threads nor could i see who started or who last posted in the threads

Skiz
10-10-2007, 06:15 AM

When i signed up i could browse the invites section but i couldn't enter the threads nor could i see who started or who last posted in the threads

That hasn't changed.

30 days is still the point all new members must reach in order to view that section normally.

Grind$oFine
10-10-2007, 06:21 AM
When I first joined, I couldn't view the invite thread at all. Then about a week or so before I hit one month I could view the thread and I though I had gotten in early and was cheating the system...
and then I was brought back down a notch again because I couldn't access anything in there.
:rolleyes::lol:

mihtac
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
uhm...i have 5 posts (6 now), i have 30 days on the forum..and still can't access that forum:01:

kaoblanco
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
So try again in 12 hours. ;) I bet the clock will strike the proper hour by then.

Those in an extreme hurry to get into the Invites forum often aren't so very wellcomed.

mihtac
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
i don't know if i'll even trade something...just curious about what's in there :)

Melvinmeow
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM

That hasn't changed.

30 days is still the point all new members must reach in order to view that section normally.

Worked fine and dandy for me on that new account I used when you banned me lmao

(The one I told reality I was using.)
I even made comments in the invites topics day 1 of me having that account. So maybe it doesnt work on certain occasions?
Maybe its just a glitch that happens or something. Cause honestly I made like 3 posts in the invites section on that new name. Like I was guessing maybe it just doesnt let new users make new topics?

DTD8
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
theres enough weird or pointless threads as it is lol so a post count would only worsen that

Skiz
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
That hasn't changed.

I even made comments in the invites topics day 1 of me having that account. So maybe it doesnt work on certain occasions?
Maybe its just a glitch that happens or something. Cause honestly I made like 3 posts in the invites section on that new name. Like I was guessing maybe it just doesnt let new users make new topics?

Reality had told me that you were using a different account, but I couldn't be fucked to bother with it.

I don't recall the name on it, but I'd gander that you were not making posts within the Invites section inside of your initial 30 days.

Edit: Found it - TrippingOnAcid.

That account has zero posts in the Invites section.

Melvinmeow
10-10-2007, 07:25 PM

Reality had told me that you were using a different account, but I couldn't be fucked to bother with it.

I don't recall the name on it, but I'd gander that you were not making posts within the Invites section inside of your initial 30 days.

Edit: Found it - TrippingOnAcid.

That account has zero posts in the Invites section.

FYI TrippingOnAcid = Switch.

tiko24
10-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I hope I can get in that section soon :)

kooftspc11
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM

cry about it why dont u :P

MaaxHimself
10-11-2007, 01:47 AM

cry about it why dont u :P

He wasn't wining.