PDA

View Full Version : TL requires logging in each time

man2069us
10-10-2007, 05:33 AM
I don't know if other ppl are facing a similar problem or if this has been discussed here before.

Everytime I open TL it requires me to logon instead of staying logged on. I have cookies enabled ofcourse. None of the other sites require me to logon again.

Is this a problem with TL or do I have to change a setting?

Skiz
10-10-2007, 05:34 AM
It isn't TL.

What browser are you using?

jr56
10-10-2007, 05:40 AM
I have the same exact happening on my side on TL AND on some other sites too such as TB among others...

There are two possible reasons i can think of causing this behavior:

1) If you enable the secure login option in your profile on some sites you'll need to login again when your ip changes

2) Sites like TL have the secure login option turned on without possibility of turning it off

For those sites i suggest having your browser remember the login/password to avoid the hassle of repeatedly having to log in manually

pd54321
10-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Help! I cannot login!? (a.k.a. Login of Death)

This problem sometimes occurs with MSIE. Close all Internet Explorer windows and open Internet Options in the control panel. Click the Delete Cookies button. You should now be able to login.

you can try it

man2069us
10-10-2007, 05:48 AM
@pd54321

Nah, I have no problem logging in. Just that I have to press the login button each time instead of being logged on automatically.

@Skizo

Am using the latest Firefox with most settings at default

@jr56

I do have the browser remember my user/pass. Just that its irritating logging in everytime coz no other site requires it and this is the one I use most frequently. Guess its coz of my dynamic IP like u suggested.

jr56
10-10-2007, 05:55 AM
@jr56

I do have the browser remember my user/pass. Just that its irritating logging in everytime coz no other site requires it and this is the one I use most frequently. Guess its coz of my dynamic IP like u suggested.

When using firefox's login/password remember feature, it's standard behavior to having to press the login button.

Much better than having to reenter your login/password and then pressing the login button...

pd54321
10-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Tool->Option->Advanced->Encryption
cancel use SSL3.0 and TLS1.0
TRY IT

raj3186
10-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Help! I cannot login!? (a.k.a. Login of Death)

This problem sometimes occurs with MSIE. Close all Internet Explorer windows and open Internet Options in the control panel. Click the Delete Cookies button. You should now be able to login.

you can try it

Yeah!! this one shud work perfectly!! even i had problems with TL earlier but now everythin's fine!!!
:) even if this doesn't work out, change the security settings as someone has mentioned!!!

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
this would annoy the crap out of me

i already have this problem with tvtorrents.com and it drives me nuts

planters-go nuts!!

BawA
10-10-2007, 06:55 AM
same problem happens to me when ever router reboots, not only TL but almost all torrent sites. as you may know torrents sites requires re log-in in case of ip change so i assume after router reboots ip changes or something similar, or if your using proxy randomizer or you change proxy more often.

kyuuchi
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Same thing happens to everyone who have dynamic IP address. Just have firefox remember your username and password, usually all you have to do is hit the login button.

Perica
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Same thing happens to everyone who have dynamic IP address. Just have firefox remember your username and password, usually all you have to do is hit the login button.

Agree :)

silhoutte
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
yep, firefox has this option 'on' by default. Sometimes, you will have the window asking 'forefox to remember password' disabled by accidentaly clicking "never for this site". Just go to tools>options>security tab and uncheck the option "remember pass for sites"> OK with the site open and re-check the option. restart firefox.

game1283
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
No problems for me.. can dynamic IP people set static IP? just wondering..

silhoutte
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
IMO its Not possible. But to my previous isp, it changes every time i reboot my router but now, with my new isp, it changes hardly in a month or two. I sometimes wonder if i'm actually provided a static one.

torrentco
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
i have the same problem and i hate it.

cacaobeach
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
The problem is ip change. I changed my isp yesterday and have to login on TL and some other sites again. And I couldn't login before i deleted all TL cookies.

DTD8
10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
yea the only time i have to log in again is when my ip changes and since you have a dynamic ip itll do that everytime

Gonsalo
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
i've that problem to, it s*ucks, but at least i only have to press login, cause firefox remebers the username and password.

canopus
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
i got static privat IP,so imnot problem,im happy man

sear
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a static IP...and I also have to log into TL every time so that is not the problem. Personally I don't care I just log on but the issue isn't whether your IP is static of Dynamic.

fridash
10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
i have the same problem just got used to it:D

ThePrince
10-10-2007, 07:44 PM
that only happens when your ip changes or u clean the cookies