PDA

View Full Version : midnight-torrents

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 06:46 AM
this was my first private tracker and is still my favorite. i had over 300gb uploaded to the site before but lost account due to inactivity (took a little "vacation") and when i got out the first tracker i signed up for again was midnight-torrents.

i have given over 600gb of my upload bandwidth to this site and i love it

anybody else use this tracker?

dave12
10-10-2007, 06:48 AM
i use it too but rarely

metal maniac
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
this was my first private tracker and is still my favorite. i had over 300gb uploaded to the site before but lost account due to inactivity (took a little "vacation") and when i got out the first tracker i signed up for again was midnight-torrents.

Very good tracker indeed. Check out the latest news there and you'll like it even better.

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Very good tracker indeed. Check out the latest news there and you'll like it even better.

yes i know they dropped the hnr system

Grind$oFine
10-10-2007, 08:20 AM

That's good news? :blink:

kooftspc11
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM

That's good news? :blink:

well that is the latest news on the homepage. i dont really agree with it because i tend to believe that torrents will go seedless faster...but ehh whatever works i guess

silhoutte
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Actually what is hnr?

Polarbear
10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Actually what is hnr?

hit and run means, that you stop your torrent immediately after download.
most trackers require you to seed back to a certain ratio or for a certain amount of time.

game1283
10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Actually what is hnr?

Hit n' Run

:)

EDIT: Ooops I'm too late to answer :$

slimdogp
10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
They have some nice custom DVD-R's made with nice menus and stuff for some of the more popular TS that come out, those are always nice :)

thebazzla
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
i still use it now and again it too was my first private tracker

wrongun92
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
with regards to hnr, suppose a site's hnr requirement is 72 hours. Now how does this work. After I download a torrent, do I have to keep my computer on straight for 72 hours or is it just that I have to see for 72 hours, doesnt matter how long it takes: even a week or a month?

Thanks

Polarbear
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
with regards to hnr, suppose a site's hnr requirement is 72 hours. Now how does this work. After I download a torrent, do I have to keep my computer on straight for 72 hours or is it just that I have to see for 72 hours, doesnt matter how long it takes: even a week or a month?

Thanks

tracker handle this differently. ask in your tracker's forum or ask the staff.

DTD8
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
i use it sparingly and usually during the free period lol

fOrUmAs
10-11-2007, 04:08 PM

Of course,they have very good uploaders,pretimes,speed itd..
love the freeleech and its only place where i see so many freeleech probably the only site where is so many free period..

for me dam good tracker:D but they need to get some other background this one looks old:shifty:

Daniel
10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Because of some recommendations for the tracker, mostly from this thread, I've signed up a few days ago .. and now I'm somewhat disappointed.

The variety of stuff is okay but incomplete in some parts. While that is very much acceptable, the offered speeds are not what I expected. That may be the fault of the current free leech but downloading with 20-40kb/s on torrents with 20+ peers is not good enough to warrant a positive comment. Anything below 100kb/s on a private tracker is below the standard, considering the average upstream bandwidths and the many seedboxes available. It's also tedious to wait 2 days for a 5gb file when I can get the same on other trackers in less than 4 hours.

psxcite
10-17-2007, 04:55 AM
yea, speed is one of the major problems with the site. Also, I was once kicked out of their IRC channel for saying "chit" (typed exactly like that). Other than that, its a nice site. Cute interface and good pre-times. I think they had FIFA 08 for XBOX360 before any other tracker.

unattended
10-17-2007, 05:33 AM
I use it sparingly. The site is ugly...but appearance isn't everything. Speeds tend to be kinda slow...maybe they just need to make their uploader requirements stricter.

jasperr
10-17-2007, 07:08 AM
this one of the first sites i signed up on.... it's great for beginners and intermediate users... but for those who are speed and pre junkies.... perhaps its not the place for you guys.. anyways i love it..

kooftspc11
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
this one of the first sites i signed up on.... it's great for beginners and intermediate users... but for those who are speed and pre junkies.... perhaps its not the place for you guys.. anyways i love it..

me too. i really like the community and the fact that the active users joke with each other and dont have a prissy elitist attitude. oh and the irc trivia can get pretty aggressive

dawsonkm
10-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't use it regularly but it works for me when needed

Nice bunch of ppl too.

claudandus
10-20-2007, 05:10 AM
their a nice community with nice stuffs =^.^= and vewwy friendly staffers =^.^=

i was a PU there but i took "vacation" and my accct. got pruned lol

davidw89
10-20-2007, 05:13 AM
how do u make it that ur account is immune to inactivity

claudandus
10-20-2007, 05:24 AM
park it ^^ thn it can stay like 120 days in inactivity if was rite and thn it gets deleted or something o.o