PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Speed Tweak for Firefox Users with Adblock

Wolfmight
10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Disable Adblock.

Notice how much faster webpages load.

Apparently, load times are heavily degraded with a blacklist, because Adblock has to check through it's entire list for everything you load.

I noticed a major increase in Firefox's speed right away.

The ads may be back, but at least my speed is 2-3x faster.

Worth the trade off in my opinion.

Also, if you have "Spyware Blaster", remove the blacklist of websites it places. Firefox should also benefit in speed from that too.

Good luck :D

S!X
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
firefox is pretty fast for me, it actually seems to be faster with adblock enabled :unsure:

ruthatplay
10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
firefox is pretty fast for me, it actually seems to be faster with adblock enabled :unsure:
Same here. As a matter of fact, I just installed Adblock a few minutes ago. There is a noticeable speed difference.

Wolfmight
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Well it seemed the opposite for me.

peat moss
10-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Well it seemed the opposite for me.

Have you updated ? I noticed one this morning when I logged in at work . I'm using Adblock Plus tho is there a difference ?

shijo
10-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Disable Adblock.

Notice how much faster webpages load.

Apparently, load times are heavily degraded with a blacklist, because Adblock has to check through it's entire list for everything you load.

I noticed a major increase in Firefox's speed right away.

Good luck :D
if u add filters with less than 8 characters there is some speed decrease (from there forum)

DooMeD68
10-13-2007, 09:01 PM
it does seem to reduce speed of loading web pages - so cheers m8 for that little bit of info !

marcelodamian
10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
The speed for my is the same... :(

Adama
10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
firefox fast with adblock enabled

Thinsin
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Even if my firefox would run slower with adblock, I still would have i enabled. Adblock is so helpful because I really decide myself what i want to see on a site and what not.

I tried to disable it just for 5 mins, and realised how much unwanted stuff it blocked, so I turned it back on as fast as I could :P.

Jaggster
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree with Thinsin! Adblock is a very useful addon, keeps all the sites pretty :) And besides sometimes the ad loads slower then the site itself and it can be very annoying. ;)

Revo75
10-26-2007, 05:02 AM
I have to agree with the last two, once you use a PC that doesn't A) Have Firefox and B) Doesn't have AdBlock you'll find yourself wanting to go back to AdBlock ASAP. It just makes every webpage look as it should nice and free of clutter and stupid useless ads. I can't live without it