PDA

View Full Version : Win2k Logon

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 02:34 AM
does any one know a way to get around the windows 2k logon, i got a hdd from my friend and it has a logon wit diff servers (i guess on like office LAN) ?? help me?

Cl1mh4224rd
07-11-2003, 05:24 AM
Hah. Reformat...

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 05:54 AM
B) there always has to be a way to beet the m$$ system

Cl1mh4224rd
07-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Well, yes, but in this case... it's called hacking. And that's not looked highly upon here. Heh.

Of course, you could always just ask your friend for the username and password he used. :rolleyes:

balamm
07-11-2003, 06:16 AM
There's a file in the windows/system32 / config folder called SAM . it stores all user account information . Just delete that file some how and when you restart and come to the logon screen, just press enter, nothing else. A new blank logon ID is created. Go into your control panel and create new user accounts and security settings. Then check all your updates and patches.

Cl1mh4224rd
07-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Win2k doesn't allow you to log on without entering a correct and existing username and password, and even if the Guest account was enabled (which it isn't by default, I believe), you sure as hell won't get the permissions to create new user accounts...

mogadishu
07-11-2003, 06:32 AM
When you set up windows you set up a defualt username and password for win2k. try to find it, it might have come witht the machine. Otherwise, you have to reinstall windows. No way around it.

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 06:39 AM
thats the thing, i didnt install it...ive tried to get to c: wt win98 bootdisk but it says not such drive

balamm
07-11-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@11 July 2003 - 07:30
Win2k doesn't allow you to log on without entering a correct and existing username and password, and even if the Guest account was enabled (which it isn't by default, I believe), you sure as hell won't get the permissions to create new user accounts...
You don't need permission when there is no pre existing user account. The SAM has been deleted and windows knows nothing of a previous owner anymore.
A new clean SAM is created when you press enter at logon the first time after deleting the SAM and rebooting.
The trick is to find the SAM folder without having to log in. That's where you need some Dos skills. If you have an existing PC, put that hard drive into it as a slave after using Partition magic floppy to disable the active partition on it. (don't hide it).
Then from your existing OS, you should be able to easily browse to the system32/config/SAM and just delete it.
Set the partition active again with the partition magic floppy and start it back up in the win2k system.

Cl1mh4224rd
07-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@11 July 2003 - 07:39
thats the thing, i didnt install it...ive tried to get to c: wt win98 bootdisk but it says not such drive
That's because, most likely, the C: drive is formatted as NTFS, which previous version of Windows can not read.

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 07:34 AM
ya itss NFTS and its for a laptop, so i cant magic it

balamm
07-11-2003, 07:51 AM
so i cant magic it

Why is that?
Regardless, you can still start in dos and try a few commands to locate the files. It doesn't matter to dos what the format is.
There are Linux tools also that you can boot from to see all files and folders.
Linux doesn't give a shit what windows likes or doesn't like and will give you access. Maybe even retrieve the password for you.

TRShady I think went through this a while ago and found a tool that worked for him on an NT laptop I believe. Ask him for some assistance if he's around.
I know a lot of the programs that claim to work are just a waste of time.

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 08:12 AM
wat kind of tools do i neeD?

can u psot em?

balamm
07-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Try some of the things in this thread >

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...667&hl=password (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=44667&hl=password)

TheFilePirater
07-11-2003, 08:46 AM
ok i found this http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ i managed to make another acount, now it says "Netlogon" not found on machine.. that mean it needs a LAN to hook up to?